Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it may be difficult for some to read on their phones, here is the timeline part of my document as it stands right now. Feel free to suggest corrections/additions.

Timeline:

Friday, March 10, 2017

 ?? - BC leaves house to go to work

 8:00 am - BC and MC talk on the phone

 ~11:15 am MC purchases make-up for BC at Wal-Mart in Quinlan. Caught on camera Wal-Mart. Paid in cash. Didn’t appear to remove his DL. Didn’t appear rushed.

 MC gets in truck and drives home. CCTV in Wal-Mart parking lot does not capture anyone following MC as he leaves. (Not aware of him going anywhere other than Wal-Mart that day.)

 MC arrives home before noon. Goes in house. Puts make-up in bedroom/bathroom. Throws receipt in bathroom trash. (All purchases accounted for.)

 Noon – 3pm - LE indicates that this is most likely when something happened to MC.

 ~3pm - neighbors arrive home and do not see anything suspicious.

 Shortly before 7pm - BC arrives home from work. Finds MC missing under suspicious circumstances. Enlists neighbor to check land.

 ~7pm - BC calls 911. (one article says call came in just before 7:00 - don't know if accurate.)

 LE arrives to investigate

 Friday night– search conducted, including K-9 team and Dept of Public Safety helicopter with heat-sensing technology. Nothing found. [per nbcdfw article march 13]

March 11 - LE issues public statement indicating they believe that MC disappeared under suspicious circumstances.

March 13 – news item says Texas Rangers and FBI now involved.

March 15 - Hunt Co. Sheriff’s Office, along with 75 volunteers, conduct search of 5 acre area.

March 18 – search dogs lead LE to new area (Deer Lane & FM 2101) ~500 yards from MC’s home...but lost scent.

March 22 – LE goes back out with dogs to spot where scent lost. Nothing found.

April 8 -4th search. Nothing found. (per egreenvilleextra.com/blog – dated April 9)

Here are a couple of more sections of our "case file":

Environment/Locale

 The house is on a rural road – FM2101 outside of Quinlan TX. While rural, the road has a reasonable amount of traffic as L3 Communications has a large facility approximately 5 miles up the road.

 While the area surrounding the house is treed, the house can be viewed from the road and can be seen by the neighbors. Nearest neighbor is [how far]? Can the door to the shed be seen from the road? Would another vehicle be seen from the road? From the neighbor’s house?

 There are a number of houses in the immediate area. Believe some neigbbors were home and outside all day, but not immediate neighbor. There were people fishing (to the south?).

 The sun set at 6:32pm on March 10.

 Weather was relatively warm (mid-high 70’s) on days up to and including March 10 (day MC went missing). No rain in days leading up to March 10.

Victim: Michael Chambers ("PaPaw" to his family)

 70yo. 6’3. 225 lbs. No known medical or mental conditions. Bad knees. High blood pressure. Strong and active. Mentally sharp.

 Close to family. Well-liked and respected. Retired firefighter (Dallas Fire Rescue - 2008). Classic car hobbyist.

 Married. Lives alone with his wife. (Second wife. Married since 1980. Gets along with ex-wife. Works at hospital.) Any pets?

 Known (just to his family?) to carry cash.

 Didn’t talk/text with wife regularly when she was at work. If he did text it was very short.

 Organized in his own way. Creature of habit.

 Friend of Sheriff Weeks.

--
(Again, please feel free to suggest corrections/additions.)

Thanks so much for doing this Snoopster. O/T when I was a child there was these stuffed animals called pound puppies that you would "adopt" I got one and named him Snoopster. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Continuing the "case report") (Please note that "GD" stands for granddaughter...our very own pmerle)

Scene/Circumstances

 When BC arrived at home she found the house locked and dark. She found the shed locked and dark. Keys locked in shed. Garage door down. (Normally MC locked the house when he was working in the shed. MC normally kept the shed door unlocked when he was working inside.)

 MC’s truck was found at the house (locked). Vehicle was searched. Valuables remained in the truck.

 MC’s wallet and keys were found in the shed (in normal spot)however cash (not a large amount) and drivers licence were missing from his wallet. Was his hat in the shed? (MC normally takes his hat off in the shed.)

 MC’s iPhone was missing. Generally keeps his phone in his pocket. Per GD, pings were inconclusive. Couldn’t triangulate before phone went dark. Cell phone went dark very quickly per GD.

 Drops of blood found in the shed. like if you cut your finger pretty good, and then it looked like he walked back to the back of the shop towards the door. [Quote from Sheriff Meeks in nbcdfw article after Mar 22 search.] MC’s blood found on wooden dowel rod in the shed.

 Nothing seemed disrupted in house or shed

 No other tools, weapons or other valuables were missing. No cash was taken from the house.(per GD)

 Cadaver dogs have been used in the surrounding areas (per GD).

 Possible for a vehicle to be parked on or off property out of sight, but no unusual or unidentifiable tire (or other) tracks were found. (I presume this means shoeprints?)

Finishing up the "report" as it stands:

Other avenues of investigation:

• Check videos for nearby ATMs in case caught on video.
• phone messages, call logs, etc. were downloaded and sent to LE (not sure how many months). The problem is, he has an iPhone, and it's not backed up to their cloud account. So any messages sent FROM an iPhone TO his own iPhone aren't recorded anywhere except on his phone, which is missing. Granddaughter asked Sheriff if they can get a log of iMessages sent between phones.
• Check to see if MC’s DL has been used as ID for regulated purchases, etc. since his disappearance.

Links:

Video from Wal-Mart (includes view of property).

http://www.fox4news.com/news/241210962-story

Thank you for answering all of our questions, Pmerle00. I know this must be hard for you and your family, but you are doing great!

A few questions:

1) Re: blood. You said the blood was in a trail to the door....Was it more like blood droplets from a bloody nose type thing (straight line) or more scattered in a larger area (spatter)? Sorry :(

2) You say your PaPaw likes to work on vintage cars...Do you know if he needed parts/sold parts did he use Craigslist or any other online site such as that? Does he have any other side hobbies that he may have sold online to make extra cash?

3) Do they have a computer? If so, did LE check all activities on it?

4) Looking at the maps (although we don't know the exact house) it seems neighbors are few and far between...However, has he had any problems with any neighbors recently? Are they all retired folks in that area? Younger people?

I'll leave it at that for now. Thanks so much for being here. You are very brave. :hug:

Thank you for answering all of our questions, Pmerle00. I know this must be hard for you and your family, but you are doing great!

A few questions:

1) Re: blood. You said the blood was in a trail to the door....Was it more like blood droplets from a bloody nose type thing (straight line) or more scattered in a larger area (spatter)? Sorry :(

2) You say your PaPaw likes to work on vintage cars...Do you know if he needed parts/sold parts did he use Craigslist or any other online site such as that? Does he have any other side hobbies that he may have sold online to make extra cash?

3) Do they have a computer? If so, did LE check all activities on it?

4) Looking at the maps (although we don't know the exact house) it seems neighbors are few and far between...However, has he had any problems with any neighbors recently? Are they all retired folks in that area? Younger people?

I'll leave it at that for now. Thanks so much for being here. You are very brave. :hug:
Re your question about blood. GD says it was only on the inside of the shed none outside. It was enough to be concerning but not fatal. There was blood on a wooden dowel. All blood came back as MCs.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

As far as I know if police subpoena Apple they can retrieve the contacts the iMessages were sent to, but not the content of the messages themselves.

HTH

Some info about it https://theintercept.com/2016/09/28...sage-contacts-and-may-share-them-with-police/

Do you know if they need to have had an Apple ID for them to retrieve the message logs? Papaw doesn't have an Apple ID set up. Can they just pull the logs using his phone number? I feel LE is stalling on sending the request because we don't have an Apple ID, which is terrible, as it sounds like Apple only keeps these records for 30-60 days!

Do you know if they need to have had an Apple ID for them to retrieve the message logs? Papaw doesn't have an Apple ID set up. Can they just pull the logs using his phone number? I feel LE is stalling on sending the request because we don't have an Apple ID, which is terrible, as it sounds like Apple only keeps these records for 30-60 days!

Sorry, but how was he using an iPhone without having an Apple ID? AFAIK you need an Apple ID to operate the phone, even if you don't set up the cloud or billing info you still need an Apple ID.

Sorry, but how was he using an iPhone without having an Apple ID? AFAIK you need an Apple ID to operate the phone, even if you don't set up the cloud or billing info you still need an Apple ID.

You can use it without an ID, but you can't backup anything up, or update apps.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

You can use it without an ID, but you can't backup anything up, or update apps.

With my Android, everything goes to Google. Before I could even use the phone I needed an account.

This is a serious long shot but when you download apps, they ask if such and such can see your contacts etc.

Is there a way to get through the back door that way?

Re your question about blood. GD says it was only on the inside of the shed none outside. It was enough to be concerning but not fatal. There was blood on a wooden dowel. All blood came back as MCs.

Yes, thanks, Razz. My question was a bit more specific wrt the blood being a trail of blood drops (a concerning amount) or if it was a different pattern. (spattered in larger areas on the floor as opposed to just drops).

The question may be too sensitive, and if so, I completely understand.

With my Android, everything goes to Google. Before I could even use the phone I needed an account.

This is a serious long shot but when you download apps, they ask if such and such can see your contacts etc.

Is there a way to get through the back door that way?

I just switched from Android to iPhone, and would never think of not having a way to backup something using either type of technology. But I posed that question to a law enforcement source who specializes in digital media forensics, and that's the answer he gave me. "You can use it without an Apple ID, but you can't backup anything, and you can't update or download apps. All your contacts are saved directly to the phone, not a cloud." But personally, I wouldn't know from experience. 🤷🏻*♀️

I just switched from Android to iPhone, and would never think of not having a way to backup something using either type of technology. But I posed that question to a law enforcement source who specializes in digital media forensics, and that's the answer he gave me. "You can use it without an Apple ID, but you can't backup anything, and you can't update or download apps. All your contacts are saved directly to the phone, not a cloud." But personally, I wouldn't know from experience. 🤷🏻*♀️

Wow. Why have an I-phone then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads