Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he drink? At all? Asking because what if someone stopped by and asked him if he wanted to go have a beer at a local place? I don't know why you wouldn't take your entire wallet, but different people do different things. Just thinking of reasons why his DL would be removed.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Good thinking. Wasn't it mentioned earlier that he was wearing sweat pants? Maybe he didn't have pockets in the sweat pants but had like a pocket on his shirt? To avoid a bulge from the entire pocket he just grabbed what cash he had & his ID?

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

Did he drink? At all? Asking because what if someone stopped by and asked him if he wanted to go have a beer at a local place? I don't know why you wouldn't take your entire wallet, but different people do different things. Just thinking of reasons why his DL would be removed.

This sounds plausible to me. I live in a small TX town and some restaurants/bars that sell liquor are required to scan your ID to issue you a membership in order for you to drink alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This sounds plausible to me. I live in a small TX town and some restaurants/bars that sell liquor are required to scan your ID to issue you a membership in order for you to drink alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep. Same on this side of the state.

I am new to the case, however, have read every post.

Several questions I have which may have been answered and I just didn't catch them.

1. Did he take his phone? If so, was it able to be traced?

2. Where did his wife work? My memory says Wal Mart but that can't be right or he wouldn't have had to go there. She could have gotten the items herself.

3. Did he have an ATM card and just left it in his wallet? He may have thought it would be an easier struggle not having it than taking it and putting in the wrong passcode.

It is surprising that the perp gave him time to get things out of his wallet.

Several questions I have which may have been answered and I just didn't catch them.

2. Where did his wife work? My memory says Wal Mart but that can't be right or he wouldn't have had to go there. She could have gotten the items herself.

3. Did he have an ATM card and just left it in his wallet? He may have thought it would be an easier struggle not having it than taking it and putting in the wrong passcode.

1. Yes, but it went dark shortly after he disappeared.
2. The wife is a nurse.
3. ?

I'm not 100% sure a perp was involved.

Also, he tends to carry cash but that's a good question to ask. (about the ATM card)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Everyone has covered so many questions. Great sleuthing.
I was thinking that MC being a creature of habit, may have taken his ID because he was a firefighter for so many years and knows it's a good idea to always carry ID. IDK, grasping here.

Wow, what a FB page for MC.
Did you read the comments post on 4/12 that a body has been found in Gunbarrell (?) They do not know if it is MC. May be why things are so quiet.[emoji17]

I can't find this group. What is it called

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I can't find this group. What is it called

Bring Pawpa Back Home fb group.

There is a link about 300 posts back if this doesn't do it.

Bring Pawpa Back Home fb group.

There is a link about 300 posts back if this doesn't do it.

Thanks.

I wish grand daughter would come back on and give an update. Seems there are some significant missing pieces. Hope LE working behind the scene and resolution soon. IMO

I wish grand daughter would come back on and give an update. Seems there are some significant missing pieces. Hope LE working behind the scene and resolution soon. IMO

Yes, if family or LE have asked her not to share anything more here I wish she would express that so we know we did not offend or inundate her.

Yes, if family or LE have asked her not to share anything more here I wish she would express that so we know we did not offend or inundate her.
Yes. She did say it was hard for her sometimes to get online and I'm sure Easter was a busy time and what with the momentary scare of Gun Barrell City hopefully she's just been busy. If she needs a more concise way to answer our questions, I'm sure we could easily accommodate her.

She had more than enough things that people here had requested she do. That takes up a lot of time and hopefully LE is accommodating. There's no doubt about her resolve. I'm sure she'll continue to fight until she gets an answer.

I liked the thought that maybe a friend called up and asked him to lunch so he grabbed his money and dl and left the rest.

Maybe he bumped his head on the way out and got a towel.

But, surely we would have heard something from this friend. But then again, maybe he wasn't truly
a friend.

I'm going back through some of this today - I have about half an hour right now. I will try to get back on tonight as well. I want to say FIRST - THANK YOU to those contributing to the timeline. That's really helpful, even for ME, to understand the day Papaw went missing.

It's so, so kind of you to be here pmerle, posting and brainstorming. Not everyone could do it in the same situation, but I love that you are taking a can-do, hands-on approach to finding out where Papaw is. Hugs to you and your family!

I have many questions, but here are a few...kind of scattered (sorry).

The police seem to think that the 'incident' happened between noon and 3-ish, as that is when a neighbor came home. But couldn't something have happened later when they were in the house? Or were they doing chores or kids playing outside after that?

I presume that they didn't own any dogs or other pets?

It has been said that Papaw was known to carry cash. Who was it known to? Just family? Broader? Did he pay using cash at Wal-Mart? Could someone have seen a large stack of bills or was it really that much in his wallet?

What is the orientation of the shed? i.e. were the large garage doors facing the road? was the regular door facing the back? Is it a dirt driveway to the shed?

Was Papaw's hat in the shed in its usual place?

How many classic cars were on the property?

Where is the mail picked up? Were they expecting any deliveries?

Regarding actions needing ID...would buying weapons be on this list? (Although it sounds like there were weapons on the property there for the taking.)

Sorry for so many questions! Don't feel compelled to answer them all.

The neighbor who came home at 3 says they were outside for the rest of the day doing yard work and such.

They do have pets, but none were missing or seemed to be otherwise bothered.

I'm honestly not sure who knows Papaw carries cash... It wouldn't have been a LOT of money in his wallet, just the amount he expected to spend that day (~$20) plus his regular emergency money. (My husband keeps cash in his wallet for emergencies also, but we use cards for most purchases) It definitely would NOT have been a large stack of bills. He paid with cash at Wal-Mart.

The shed is oriented with the garage doors facing the road, the man-door facing the house/back of the property. There's not a driveway to the shed, but there is a cleared path free of trees.

The hat was NOT in its place in the shed, no.

He has several classics on the property, all either in the shop (being worked on) or in the garage (finished).

The mail is picked up across the street - they were not expecting anything other than snail mail, nor did it appear that they received anything other than normal mail.

I did ask LE about weapons purchases. Have not heard back. Papaw owns SEVERAL weapons, none were missing.

No worries on the multiple questions! I am happy to answer what I can or am allowed in the hopes that it helps us find Papaw or at least find answers.

Yes. She did say it was hard for her sometimes to get online and I'm sure Easter was a busy time and what with the momentary scare of Gun Barrell City hopefully she's just been busy. If she needs a more concise way to answer our questions, I'm sure we could easily accommodate her.

She had more than enough things that people here had requested she do. That takes up a lot of time and hopefully LE is accommodating. There's no doubt about her resolve. I'm sure she'll continue to fight until she gets an answer.

I liked the thought that maybe a friend called up and asked him to lunch so he grabbed his money and dl and left the rest.

Maybe he bumped his head on the way out and got a towel.

But, surely we would have heard something from this friend. But then again, maybe he wasn't truly
a friend.

She confirmed he had his wallet at Walmart. I don't think he would take it to Walmart but not if he went to lunch. It's a small front pocket type of wallet so it's just as easy to grab instead of getting the cash and DL.
I wonder if he kept a checkbook handy or if he was known to carry a single check in his wallet. And if so is it missing?. I am thinking of a possibility like he was forced to leave and go with a perp to the bank to withdraw a substantial sum so the DL was taken, I assume they checked the wallet for prints. The perp may have demanded his bank account number and threatened him by hurting him in some way. I guess it's not likely he had a bank account that BC was unaware of that LE has not checked for activity. Perhaps on the way to the bank he refused, fought back and was killed and the perp then became afraid to follow through with the plan to get the money.
I would also like to know the whole time line from when BC arrived home. What time she got there, what first caused her to be concerned, when she found the shop was locked, how she entered it and when she found the blood. She must know the times for all this because I'm sure she had to give LE this timeline that night and could not just generally say 6-7.

I am sure this was already asked and I probably skimmed over it, but did your PaPaw typically keep his DL separate or did he usually keep it in his wallet.

He normally kept it in his wallet - he's very particular about where things go, always putting them back right away, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett