Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there may be some validity to your theory.

Where do think that the Driver's License comes into play at?

I also believe that the territory should be searched again. Animals disturb things, weather, etc. Also, submerged bodies can surface.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Great theory but why would they take his DL & lock up before leaving if they are that panicked & haven't ever been there how would they know exactly where to put what?

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

Yeah the Driver License is one of the strange things. Although maybe he was just one of the types of people that did just take it with him if he was going to run up to a store for a quick errand and maybe just took it out of his billfold and had it on his person with a little bit of cash.

I usually just take my entire billfold wherever I go but I have known some people that will take out just the DL if doing a quick run somewhere.

If he got removed from the shed by others then the Driver License could have still been in his pocket. When we eventually find him we will likely find the DL.

As far as the doors being locked I think maybe the locks were the type where once you use a key to get inside then sometimes the locks still stay locked and whoever closed the door when the left then the door would have just locked itself.

Ive seen locks like this and I have also seen the type that pop the button when using a key. So it all depends on the type of lock he had and if the key would have popped the lock. I suppose a perp may have locked it too as they shut the door just to make it one more harder thing for LE.

I think if the perp(s) had only been there a short time before he got home could explain how hardly anything was disturbed. They may have just hid around a corner until he got in a position where they could jump him.

Ugggg. I hate to think something bad like this happened but I keep coming back to the blood and the odds of him being missing and blood being found I just cannot get past the odds of both happening at same time without some sort of foul play.

Yeah the Driver License is one of the strange things. Although maybe he was just one of the types of people that did just take it with him if he was going to run up to a store for a quick errand and maybe just took it out of his billfold and had it on his person with a little bit of cash.

I usually just take my entire billfold wherever I go but I have known some people that will take out just the DL if doing a quick run somewhere.

If he got removed from the shed by others then the Driver License could have still been in his pocket. When we eventually find him we will likely find the DL.

As far as the doors being locked I think maybe the locks were the type where once you use a key to get inside then sometimes the locks still stay locked and whoever closed the door when the left then the door would have just locked itself.

Ive seen locks like this and I have also seen the type that pop the button when using a key. So it all depends on the type of lock he had and if the key would have popped the lock. I suppose a perp may have locked it too as they shut the door just to make it one more harder thing for LE.

I think if the perp(s) had only been there a short time before he got home could explain how hardly anything was disturbed. They may have just hid around a corner until he got in a position where they could jump him.

Ugggg. I hate to think something bad like this happened but I keep coming back to the blood and the odds of him being missing and blood being found I just cannot get past the odds of both happening at same time without some sort of foul play.

Foul play seems likely for me too.

But in your scenario why wouldn't they go ahead with the robbery? They had keys to the house and didn't seem they were really afraid of the daylight.

Not knocking your theory at all but just trying to get all of your thoughts.

BBM: Bringing forward statement that there weren't any unidentifiable tracks. I think I took that to include human, as well, but now not sure?

This part below on one of the articles seemed to imply there was one particular area where dogs had some hits. The searchers were going back to that particular area to look again.

"Prior to Wednesday's search, the canine search team hit on a "concentrated area," according to a source, and the search on Wednesday was due to return to that same area. However, they have so far come up empty."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...ighter-Getting-Close-Officials-416805783.html

I guess they didnt find anything or we would have heard by now. If dogs alerted to a particular spot I wonder if that is where the perps left him until they were able to come back later that night with a shovel. He may have stayed in that one spot for a much longer period of time before he was moved to wherever he is now. It could explain why the dogs hit more on that one area.

I wish we knew where exactly the dogs had hit on the area and how far away from the shed it actually was. That would tell us quite a bit I would think. I do understand LE not wanting to share those kinds of details. I just hope they keep looking on other days. I think there is more evidence to be found even if he was moved totally away from the area.

It takes skilled trackers and skilled woodsmen and skilled dogs with good noses to spot any signs in the woods of someone who may have been dragged through the woods.

Even if he did get injured by himself and if he walked voluntarily away then that is why searching more can be helpful even if that happened.
There has to be some other clue in those woods I would suspect.

Its a lot of hard work but well worth doing more searching.

But the blood was found only in the shed. Not enough to be fatal.

There was no blood on anything other than the dowel.

The only fingerprints they found belonged to Pawpa.

If he had been dragged, I do think that would have shown up. That and a blood trail.

When asked GD said there dodn' t appear to be anything he was working on that could have hurt him.

There may be a simple explanation for the missing d.l. It is possible he misplaced it or left it somewhere.

If he had applied a tourniquet (sp)
with the help of the dowel and then went outside to get some help and locked himself out of shed, truck and house, he didn't have a lot of options.....but then why not call 911?

Maybe he began walking to a clinic or hospital. Is there one nearby?

But the dogs would have picked up his scent. Maybe he did call someone and couldn't get a hold
of anyone. But then, that would have shown up on someone's phone.

I agree. Another search of the property and surrounding properties is warranted.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

But in your scenario why wouldn't they go ahead with the robbery? They had keys to the house and didn't seem they were really afraid of the daylight.

If they got surprised with him coming home right after they arrived into the shed then I was thinking they panicked and all their plans changed to eliminating him as a witness. Eliminating him as a witness became their primary focus.

I think criminals in general begin to do irrational things in the heat of the moment of breaking and entering places. If you have ever seen home security videos of people breaking into other homes then a lot of times it is a mad scramble and a lot of chaos.

So if something like what I was thinking happened then I think they may have just thrown away their original plans and their new plan was mainly to hide him and his body because they did not want to get caught.

They never wanted anybody to know they were there and once he caught them then their plans changed to get rid of him so nobody knows what happened to him. Which is kind of where we are right now.

They did a good job so far of hiding him. This of course is all just a theory and I could be way off base.

I actually hope Im wrong and just hope it was some medical issue which I could also see that as a possibility. Like if he hit his head really hard and got disoriented and went walking away on his own. Its just if I look at the odds of that versus someone else doing him harm then I have to lean towards someone doing him harm. So many bad people in the world unfortunately.

He left - or was urged, forced to leave - with someone he knew. imo

But the blood was found only in the shed. Not enough to be fatal.

There was no blood on anything other than the dowel.

The only fingerprints they found belonged to Pawpa.

If he had been dragged, I do think that would have shown up. That and a blood trail.

When asked GD said there dodn' t appear to be anything he was working on that could have hurt him.

There may be a simple explanation for the missing d.l. It is possible he misplaced it or left it somewhere.

If he had applied a tourniquet (sp)
with the help of the dowel and then went outside to get some help and locked himself out of shed, truck and house, he didn't have a lot of options.....but then why not call 911?

Maybe he began walking to a clinic or hospital. Is there one nearby?

But the dogs would have picked up his scent. Maybe he did call someone and couldn't get a hold
of anyone. But then, that would have shown up on someone's phone.

I agree. Another search of the property and surrounding properties is warranted.

Yes, getting some sort of accidental but serious injury is another possibility that I have considered. It is my 2nd most probably option IMO. I could actually see something like that happening too.

As we get older I think the odds of hurting ourselves by accident goes up it seems. If it was a head injury of some sort then he could have gotten disoriented as he may have tried to walk to his neighbors house but got all turned around and maybe was not with it mentally if a head injury.

I do think this is a possible scenerio too or something along those lines.

I have locked myself out of my own place before. It can happen and especially if you have those types of locks where the door knob stays locked and the key just turns the knob to let you in but goes back to being locked.

Ugh! This case is just bothering me so much. So many unanswered questions. Papaw, where are you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

The granddaughter said nothing appeared disturbed outside in one of her posts (I'll try to find it). Not sure of the landscape, but if he was knocked out and dragged by someone, wouldn't there be drag marks on the ground?

Something that is bugging me is that we're assuming the drivers license was taken with him, but is it possible that he could have just misplaced it or lost it days before his disappearance and not told anyone yet?

I've been thinking the same about the DL. I am diligent about returning mine to it's rightful place, but on occasion, I do toss it in my purse, truck console, or in my back pocket. Have these places been checked? Did he drop it on the floorboard of his vehicle? Is it in the laundry hamper? Is it at the service desk at WalMart because it may have fallen out??? Or maybe another place he'd been to in previous days?

Spooked by something? Inexperienced?

So what ABOUT the scent trail? There had to be one. It was his property, and he was all over it. Has anything been said about being able to track him on his route around the property that morning? Is there a scent of him leaving the shop? Where DID it end?

(respectfully snipped by me)

I would love if we could get confirmation on the type of lock. I have several of these in my house.

I also have one of these in my house. Very easy to "pop" and gain access. I like this idea...perps could have popped the lock, gained access to the shed, and then been met with Papaw in the middle of their trip.

Thinking of Michael's loved ones today and sending prayers of love and comfort to hold them close during this difficult time.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I was in the bank today to get into my safety deposit box and the required my d.l.

I wonder if Pawpa went to his safety deposit box to w/draw something.

If he has one, it should be checked.

I was in the bank today to get into my safety deposit box and the required my d.l.

I wonder if Pawpa went to his safety deposit box to w/draw something.

If he has one, it should be checked.

IF anyone other than him knew about it [emoji6]

Oh. Hadn't thought of it that way.

I was thinking maybe he was getting a passport. Or maybe
some bonds.

Just a hunch that there's a few things out there that no one knew about but him. No disrespect to anything. Just a gut feeling with the evidence. Or lack therefore.

He left - or was urged, forced to leave - with someone he knew. imo

Whatever happened seems to have been well thought out. It's been over a month since the last search. About a month since the last media coverage that I can find, and almost 2 months now that he's been missing. So many unanswered questions. I really do hope that LE is doing a thorough investigation into all angles.

Oh. Hadn't thought of it that way.

I was thinking maybe he was getting a passport. Or maybe
some bonds.

Yea I'm thinking if he had any of the above that you mentioned, that no one but him knew about them. Just a hunch that I'm leaning more & more that he possibly left on his own, took his ID so he could get whatever he needed to from his secret stashes & just walked away, for whatever reasons he had. Maybe it was to protect his wife & kids or maybe it's just to protect himself.

Only reason I'm still on the fence though is that no one has come forward saying they gave him a ride anywhere, no one has said they saw him walking anywhere, & no one has said that they saw him at a bank, at least not in the immediate area, so that makes me wonder how he got to wherever he went &/or was going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member