Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the acid reducer (if that's what is shiwn) was from the person behind him in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes because didn't he have his wallet out and paying at this point? Why would he be paying if that item wasn't already scanned? So, that was probably the next person's purchase.

Yes because didn't he have his wallet out and paying at this point? Why would he be paying if that item wasn't already scanned? So, that was probably the next person's purchase.
I do believe that the purple/white-colored item was part of Papaw's purchase, but I don't think it was actually an acid reducer. Here is what the granddaughter said:

"As far as I know, Papaw didn't suffer from acid reflux. I do not believe an acid reducer was on the receipt from Walmart, checking to find out if I can share what the items were with the public."
(BBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-March-2017&p=13340766#post13340766

Such a perplexing case. Two theories stand out to me. That he left of his own accord, or he left by coercion, presumably by someone he knows. Hopefully he's found safe soon. Can't imagine what his loved ones are going through.

I wonder if LE has interviewed or even looked into any of his car show friends? Even if Nothing came of it, just to rule it out.

This was my thought a few pages back as well.

If this is stranger abduction and they didn't steal anything then it would have to be something like road rage and followed him home or a classic car deal gone bad or something like that.

I'm really leaning towards he left on his own, or someone close to/familiar with him is behind it. No ideas on who or why, though.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I haven't read the entire thread. However, from what I've gathered, given everything was locked up, no unidentified finger prints, cell phone went dark, and DL missing. It seems carefully thought out. Now whether he left on his own, or left by coercion, there'd have to be others involved. Would think that whoever is involved is either going to be acting different even if slightly. Either aloof or very interested and helpful.

I'm really leaning towards he left on his own, or someone close to/familiar with him is behind it. No ideas on who or why, though.

I haven't read the entire thread. However, from what I've gathered, given everything was locked up, no unidentified finger prints, cell phone went dark, and DL missing. It seems carefully thought out. Now whether he left on his own, or left by coercion, there'd have to be others involved. Would think that whoever is involved is either going to be acting different even if slightly. Either aloof or very interested and helpful.

I agree. Either way, it was thoroughly planned. It's just hard to piece together. What little evidence is unorganized.

Where are you, PaPaw?

Really mulling this over. Just thinking through scenarios here and not making any accusations just to be clear.

Theory 1. Disappeared to begin a new life elsewhere (only took DL and cellphone?).
Theory 2. Kidnapping.
And if it's a kidnapping, what would be the motive? Seems like someone would do this out of desperation and/or to make him suffer. Perhaps a jealous husband (even if he was just friendly with the wife and no affair was taking place).
If the wife was involved in a love triangle, it'd seem more likely that this would be a robbery to cover up a murder to get him out of the way. Evidence just doesn't seem to collaborate this (everything locked up, etc.).

Is there someone in his past that wanted to do him harm/enact revenge which has been mentioned before? As an example, we know a family that blames a fireman for sending their son (a rookie fireman) to his death in a vacant burning building.

I agree. Either way, it was thoroughly planned. It's just hard to piece together. What little evidence is unorganized.

Where are you, PaPaw?

Really mulling this over. Just thinking through scenarios here and not making any accusations just to be clear.

Theory 1. Disappeared to begin a new life elsewhere (only took DL and cellphone?).
Theory 2. Kidnapping.
And if it's a kidnapping, what would be the motive? Seems like someone would do this out of desperation and/or to make him suffer. Perhaps a jealous husband (even if he was just friendly with the wife and no affair was taking place).
If the wife was involved in a love triangle, it'd seem more likely that this would be a robbery to cover up a murder to get him out of the way. Evidence just doesn't seem to collaborate this (everything locked up, etc.).

Is there someone in his past that wanted to do him harm/enact revenge which has been mentioned before? As an example, we know a family that blames a fireman for sending their son (a rookie fireman) to his death in a vacant burning building.

On 1. "only took DL and cellphone"... Yes.

DL in case he ever needed it to go back to his old self. And the phone to have numbers of people he needs to contact.

The phone wasn't signed into an iCloud per the GD. So it would be difficult to find out what numbers are stored on it. Not calls made/received, but stored/saved.

What more would you need to take? Figuratively speaking.

<modsnip>

"...
Chambers' family said the last five days have been like living in a nightmare.
'We just can't put any scenario together in our heads that makes any sense at all,' said daughter Cheri Hanes.

'It is excruciating. Not knowing is excruciating," added daughter Suzy Losoya. "Someone saw something, someone has to know something.'
Chambers's son, John Chambers, said his father had been planning on coming to watch his grandchildren play soccer on Saturday morning.
'I spent a lot of time with him,' John Chambers said. 'In addition to being my dad, he was one of my best friends.'

The two would often work on muscle cars together in the workshop next to Chambers' home. Inside the family's front door are dozens of trophies and photos of cars he has rebuilt &#8211; what his family calls his 'hall of fame.'"
(BBM)

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/My...uzzles-Community-Investigators-416170523.html

On 1. "only took DL and cellphone"... Yes.

DL in case he ever needed it to go back to his old self. And the phone to have numbers of people he needs to contact.

The phone wasn't signed into an iCloud per the GD. So it would be difficult to find out what numbers are stored on it. Not calls made/received, but stored/saved.

What more would you need to take? Figuratively speaking.

There was money missing from his wallet but it couldn' t have been much. (Unless he'd been slowly stockpiling it.)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I thought about road rage. Someone following him home from Walmart but the shed was locked up and no sign of struggle.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I think there is a reason why his cellphone is missing but not his wallet. I think the phone is key. I am so puzzled by this.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

There was money missing from his wallet but it couldn' t have been much. (Unless he'd been slowly stockpiling it.)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Another bank account is always something to look at. I'm wondering if the first responders credit unions and such have been checked.

His wallet being left has something to do with it. Men who carry a wallet do not suddenly just pull out their DL- they carry their wallet. I asked my sons as well as DH for a sample- they have never just pulled out their DL.

His wallet being left has something to do with it. Men who carry a wallet do not suddenly just pull out their DL- they carry their wallet. I asked my sons as well as DH for a sample- they have never just pulled out their DL.

I asked my hubby & son too, & they had the same response as yours.
*ETA: Hubby came back to me, after thinking about it & said "the only reason he could think of that he'd need only his DL would be if he got pulled over by LE otherwise I can't think of the last time I even had my DL out of my wallet"
This made me wonder if MC got pulled over that day or maybe there was a person impersonating LE who might have pulled MC over will ill intentions.

*Just mine & my DH's random thoughts.

His wife asked him that morning for certain make-up articles. I'm not positive, but I do think that her make-up was the only reason for the trip. He is just that awesome of a husband.
Hi Pmerle00,

Only if you can and are comfortable doing so, could you answer a couple of questions that I have?

"Investigators said 70-year-old Michael Chambers was last heard from when he spoke with his wife over the phone on March 10 around 8 a.m."
http://www.wbap.com/2017/03/13/hunt-county-sheriffs-office-believes-missing-man-may-be-in-danger/

1. Who called whom?

2. Was it during this phone call that BC asked Papaw to pick up some make-up products for her, or had she already asked him that morning before she left for work, the night before, etc.?

Does PaPaw have a passport? Is it accounted for?

I still feel that Michael is close to home, I think if he was abducted there would be signs of a scuffle not all this neatness and locked doors and leaving wallet behind, do we know if he put his change from purchasing makeup in his wallet or pocket? I don't think a perp. would be interested in a few dollars. Maybe he was angry about something and slammed the dowel rod down causing an injury, if perp. was using just a dowel as a weapon I think it would be likely that Michael would have fought back!

I still feel that Michael is close to home, I think if he was abducted there would be signs of a scuffle not all this neatness and locked doors and leaving wallet behind, do we know if he put his change from purchasing makeup in his wallet or pocket? I don't think a perp. would be interested in a few dollars. Maybe he was angry about something and slammed the dowel rod down causing an injury, if perp. was using just a dowel as a weapon I think it would be likely that Michael would have fought back!

I'm starting to lean towards some very similar thoughts myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member