Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

One son did an interview with the daughters early on. He (like Papaw) doesn't like to have attention on him, but prefers to focus on how he can help others.

The other son works 2 jobs and has a family hours from Hunt County.

The family has agreed that the daughters would be the representatives for most things.

Has LE looked into his firefighting past? Was he at the scene of a fire where a life was lost and someone has taken revenge so many years later? I know this sounds far-fetched &#65533;&#65533;. I can't stop thinking about this and where he is and praying he's okay!

I have asked this, but no one can recall where there was a tragedy that could possibly have been blamed on Papaw's actions as a FF. He always conducted himself with compassion, professionalism and kindness towards those impacted by the loss of property or even life.

Sorry to be blunt. I think the idea of a love rival is the possibility of BC having an affair with someone who wanted to get Papaw out of the way. Also another way to look at a love rival is someone who was enamored with BC but she didn't even know, but who might crack and think getting Papaw out of the way would make her notice him. Any situation where he had a rival. Just saying. Not that I am saying I think that happened but it might fit a scenario for why nothing was taken like if robbery was the motive.

We've turned over all phone and text records to LE, and the family and those attached to us have given interviews as well. They haven't uncovered anything that would lead us to believe this was the result of an affair on either Papaw's or Becca's part.

I am assuming one or more school buses may go down this road- please ignore if they don't.

If they do/it does- what time(s)? Most school buses have cameras (at least here). Maybe a child or driver saw someone or something.

Also- Walmart has parking lot cameras- if you are able, what if any information has come from them ?

The shop is very visible from the road. Could someone have startled him in the shop, and he cut himself?

The buses don't run at the times LE has given for his disappearance.

The Walmart cameras captured Papaw leaving without being followed.

The question is - what did he cut himself ON? There's no blood on the equipment or cars, no bits of skin or anything.

We ( I think I can speak for everyone) are SO happy to have you back

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

The car show folks have been interviewed as well. Papaw regularly gave other car show folks advice on what improvements to make so they could win best of show. I wouldn't say it is a contentious car show club at all. They go on trips together. They're like extended family to Papaw.

The cars go to various family members, unless there is one that isn't designated, then I'm assuming it would just be sold eventually??

We ( I think I can speak for everyone) are SO happy to have you back

Thanks Razz - some of the ones I'm answering today may have already been answered by others, but I'm just going in order. Please forgive any repetition!

I wonder if LE has interviewed or even looked into any of his car show friends? Even if Nothing came of it, just to rule it out.

Several of them gave interviews to the sheriff - many of them were on scene the evening of and day after Papaw went missing. Like I said, they are like&#8203; family to Papaw and to Becca as well.

I'm thinking pmerle00 is answering only questions that have been directed at her specifically. So, if you need something answered, I'd tag it on one of her responses.

<modsnip>

LE has interviewed all immediate family members and some extended family members as well. So far, they have not indicated to the rest of the family that they have any suspects - family or otherwise. All family members have cooperated with LE (no one resisted, and most were even eager to feel they were helping in some way, no matter how small).

<modsnip>

I have asked if the Sheriff's department would hold another press conference. As with the rest of my emails and calls to them, my question remains unanswered at this time.

Another bank account is always something to look at. I'm wondering if the first responders credit unions and such have been checked.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

How could the family submit an inquiry to find this out? I'm assuming you can't just call my bank and say "hey - does anyone by THIS NAME/SSN/BIRTH DATE have an account with you?"

Hi Pmerle00,

Only if you can and are comfortable doing so, could you answer a couple of questions that I have?

"Investigators said 70-year-old Michael Chambers was last heard from when he spoke with his wife over the phone on March 10 around 8 a.m."
http://www.wbap.com/2017/03/13/hunt-county-sheriffs-office-believes-missing-man-may-be-in-danger/

1. Who called whom?

2. Was it during this phone call that BC asked Papaw to pick up some make-up products for her, or had she already asked him that morning before she left for work, the night before, etc.?

It was actually a text in the morning, not a call. Becca had asked Papaw to pick things up for her that morning before she left for work.

Does PaPaw have a passport? Is it accounted for?

I know he has a passport, because they went to Mexico together frequently, but I haven't specifically asked if it's accounted for. I would think that would have been flagged right away as missing, but I will check.

I do know that LE has a BOLO out and that they ran some sort of investigation into whether he left the country.

What if MC was caught by surprise and he used the dowel rod as a weapon, but was cut by someone and dropped the dowel where it was found. I'm wondering if his (MC's) footprint may have been in the blood or that it looked like he may have fallen down. If that was the case, it would certainly have taken 2 people to get him in a car.

I wonder if he was dragged somewhere near and left there until the perp could find someone to help him remove MC. (Maybe the area where the dogs alerted on.)

If that did happen, they would need to remove him soon because his wife would be home sometime and would call the police.

But who and why would anyone take a chance like that? Why did the perp go there in the 1st place?

To talk something over w/Pawpa
and things didn't go well and he
was harmed unexpectedly?
Someone he knew which is
why he had to be murdered?
And someone who knew how he
closed up his shop.

And again the dog. Did he usually take the dog outside with him. Was the dog protective in any way?

There were no footprints in the blood. Also, no drag marks in the blood.

He didn't usually take the dog to the shop. The dog is either in the house or in the backyard. He's not a trained protection dog, but he will bark at people coming to the door.

My impression is that pawpa injured himself . The dowel could have been bloodied by using it to tighten a makeshift tournequit . Discarded once bleeding under control. He may have grabbed his dl in order to provide id. At medical clinic or hospital. Not wanting to take wallet as it could get misplaced in medical setting. He locked door behind him then realized he had left keys inside . So headed out walking. His cell phone could have been dropped and broken by accident so he picked it up and put in his pocket.

As a seasoned FF, he would have taken his whole wallet, knowing that an insurance card would surely be needed in addition to his DL. As someone who was particular about his things, he would have grabbed his whole wallet with his non-bloodied hand/arm and not bothered to pull out his DL in case he got blood on it from using 2 hands in the action of opening/extracting/closing and replacing his wallet in its usual spot. He also would have known to call someone with his phone as soon as he locked himself out in this scenario rather than walk any distance and chance not getting to medical help in a reasonable amount of time for his injury...

I'm beginning to wonder if the blood and dowel aren't from a previous mishap. Even from earlier that day, or a day or too before.

If it was from a previous day, he would have cleaned it up and definitely would have told his wife about an injury of that magnitude.

If it was from earlier that day, why isn't he bandaged on the walmart videos?

:-(

I just wondered if someone had dropped by and invited him to go fishing and that's why he left his wallet and keys behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have confirmed - he was not a lake or pond fisherman, just enjoyed charter/sea fishing.

BBM: Bringing forward statement that there weren't any unidentifiable tracks. I think I took that to include human, as well, but now not sure?

Yes, that was to include human.

I've been thinking the same about the DL. I am diligent about returning mine to it's rightful place, but on occasion, I do toss it in my purse, truck console, or in my back pocket. Have these places been checked? Did he drop it on the floorboard of his vehicle? Is it in the laundry hamper? Is it at the service desk at WalMart because it may have fallen out??? Or maybe another place he'd been to in previous days?

The vehicle was searched the day after Papaw disappeared, no DL located. I'm not positive that the area between and behind the washer/dryer has been checked - I'll suggest that and take a look when I'm over there next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021