Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they knew he had cash missing from his wallet. I have no idea how much cash is currently in my husband's wallet, and he has no idea how much is in mine. Maybe we're abnormal.

We don't know how much cash he had in his wallet, but he almost always carried an amount of "emergency" cash in there, and there was none in there when it was found in the shop.

If they didn't spray luminol, how do they know there was no blood or skin on the vehicles or anything else except the dowel and the drops on the floor? They strictly went by eyesight alone? Ugh. Sorry, but they suck. I hope it's not too late for your PI to do it.

I believe they went by eyesight alone, yes. I will be asking my family to request that the PI use Luminol in the shop, house and vehicles. Anyone know how late is too late for that sort of thing?

I am truly sorry for your loss, Pmerle00.

First, I hope that PaPaw is going to come home. Soon.

Second, I only write these words as they were reported. I believe it was around page 39, in Thread #1.

Third, I do not know if someone wrote the correct 'tense' in transcribing the statement:

[Chambers's son, John Chambers, said his father had been planning on coming to watch his grandchildren play soccer on Saturday morning.
'I spent a lot of time with him,' John Chambers said. 'In addition to being my dad, he was one of my best friends.']

That use of 'was', instead of 'is', makes me feel inquisitive. Concerned too, if it was stated as it sounds. Like, PaPaw is gone.

But maybe that's just how he talks. And perhaps others saw this statement, and did not think anything of it?

*Feel free to tell me to go take a hike if my opinion/thoughts are out of line*

I think those were simply the words of a son missing his father and best friend who was also perhaps a bit uncomfortable being in the spotlight. Honestly, I was surprised that he agreed to do the interview at all... He's so much like Papaw in that regard, hates to be the center of attention.

Pmerle00,
Regarding the day PaPaw went missing-
It was the beginning of Spring Break for many school districts.

I've read that a large group of friends & relatives of residents on Sandy Oaks Rd. were riding 4-wheelers on MC's property and in the ditch in front of their home. Also gunshots and/or fireworks were heard during this time.

Is there any truth to this and did HCSO check this out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the 4-wheeler tip was checked out. It wound up NOT being right in front of Papaw's house. I am not sure about fireworks or gunshots...

Thank you Pmerle00 for telling us more about PaPaw. That put a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. Thank you so much for answering all of our questions.

Why do you think that is? Any clue why they wouldn't be helpful or answer questions?

This is not helpful or constructive and I very well could be wrong, but I think it's because they don't know what they are doing on this case and are fumbling it and trying not to show it.

It wasn't normal for BC and MC to phone or text throughout her work day especially checking on her to see how she was doing with her injury and work? Can your PI request the Imessages?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The PI can't request the messages without backing of law enforcement. Or rather, he can, but Apple will not comply.

No, they didn't text other than once or twice (Papaw really could only text "OK" comfortably...), and Becca would text him "on my way home" at the end of the day.

Do you remember when you last addressed this topic with LE? For example, you shared with us the email you sent to HCSO explaining how to go about getting this type of info. If that was the last time you touched on the subject, do you remember how long it has been?

Has HCSO explained to you why they have not even requested the Apple iMessages? For example, do they not have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant? If that's the case, that would indicate to me more likely than not, they believe the iMessages may prove to be a significant lead, and they are working on collecting more evidence in order to obtain a warrant, which should lead to release of iMessages.

Another example would be a response like "We cannot comment on that," which may mean they are not doing anything, or perhaps they cannot reveal anything related to the iMessages (whether they've found anything nafarious, nothing suspicious, or they are still in the process of obtaining the info.) for investigative purposes. This may also mean they cannot even confirm that the iMessage info. has been requested.

Also, is most of your communication with HCSO done via email? Email is my favorite means of communication (partly because I like to have a record of everything), and use it often. This is something you really shouldn't have to do, but it may be a good idea to visit HCSO in person, if you haven't already. Even if the Sheriff is not available, at least the detective should be.

My then-13-year-old became the victim of an adult online predator a couple of years ago (don't want to take up too much space, so to make a long story short, the perp was recently sentenced to 12 to 48 months in state prison and is a registered sex offender for the next 25 years). LE's initial response was great, and they took the matter seriously right away. My ex-husband and I fully cooperated with them (my daughter, not so much ... sigh), but it was still extremely difficult to get any info. out of them. Absolutely no updates unless asked. If I left a voicemail, they seldom even called back. There were a couple of instances where I went into their office unannounced, just sat there for 2 - 3 hours until the detective finally came out. I still didn't get much more info., but simply seeing in person the seven- to eight-inch-thick case binder he took out of the office vault made me feel better.

It took a while, but I am grateful for LE and the prosecuting attorney for securing a conviction.

Do you remember when you last addressed this topic with LE? (yesterday is the latest update I have received on the iMessages)

Has HCSO explained to you why they have not even requested the Apple iMessages? (they said because they didn't think it was necessary since they have the phone logs, even though I VERY CLEARLY explained the importance of getting the logs because they do not show up on a phone bill)

For example, do they not have enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant?(They don't need a search warrant, they have ours and BC's permission)

Also, is most of your communication with HCSO done via email? (I call and then follow up with an email to be sure everything is documented)

This is something you really shouldn't have to do, but it may be a good idea to visit HCSO in person, if you haven't already. (This is something my aunt and mom have been doing)

I think I'm caught up now. I need to take some time to help with my husband's family and some other personal home issues, so if I don't come back for a while PLEASE KNOW that I WILL be back, it just might be a week or so. Again, I'm not ignoring y'all, and I won't get overwhelmed with your questions/responses/ideas... it just is sometimes necessary to take a break to help others right now. <3

I have asked to see much of the HCSO info myself, but they maintain a non-responsive stance to every single one of my questions.

Maybe you can reach out to the neighbors with the camera yourself. Prayers

I may be crazy [emoji51]

So I'm thinking that iMessage is very similar to text messaging so if he barely would text "ok" I'm thinking the iMessage wouldn't be super helpful.

I'm not saying stop trying to get that information I'm just thinking there may not be anything there if he wasn't a text'er.

Ok. Now why aren't they doing the same for Pawpa?!

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...d-in-search-for-missing-dalhart-man/771358532

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I've been following this story. This man up and disappeared just about the same way pawpaw did. It's mind boggling to watch them search and use all the resources Available and sit here and see nothing being done for Mr Chambers. I don't understand. Something is missing here. The sheriff knows something we don't and his unwillingness to help or do his JOB makes him look guilty as sin!

I may be crazy [emoji51]

Also, pertaining to the Missing dalhart man, I see where someone asked his daughter how she got other agencies to help look for her father and she replied that she reached out and called the Texas Rangers herself. She says that you do not need permission from local police and the Rangers don't need local police permission to investigate. I wonder if Pmerle00 has tried calling the Texas rangers herself. I know they are known to come in when local agencies done seem to be doing their job.

I may be crazy [emoji51]

The wikipedia page has a lot of info on Luminol, but doesn't really answer this question. I researched briefly and came across this abstract from 2013: https://forident.com/research_artic...s-on-concrete-after-exposure-to-the-elements/

I watched the show Killing Fields on A&E, the one set in Louisiana. They had a cold case from the 90’s, I think, they had a suspect & once they had enough for a search warrant, they used luminal in his house & found signs of blood, even 20 some odd years later, so I’d think at this point it would still be useful in MC’s shop!

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

IMO, the family needs to raise holy hell with the sheriff. No more sitting around and 'hoping' and 'praying' he will do something to move this forward. A peaceful protest in front of city hall (be sure to invite any and all media you can think of, including national media) is definitely in order if at this stage in the game the family is still not being given answers to legitimate questions, and LE is dragging their heels on asking for outside assistance, and failing to act on clues even laymen can see are an important part of investigating.

GET FIRED UP! Don't just be sad and wait around for them to do the right thing, because they are obviously either just not interested or God forbid, they have something to hide.

Don't stand for their non-action one more day! Make some noise, and not just on a facebook page. I believe in the power of prayer, but let's face it, prayers are NOT bringing this fine man home. He deserves people to loudly and firmly advocate for him. Get out there and show the world just what is NOT being done to find this man.

JUST AN FYI - I have locked down my Becca's FB page because people were starting to troll her (not necessarily on here). It is no longer public. Nothing has been deleted, it's just changed to friends only. Wanted to head off any suspicion that might have caused and let y'all know that I did that for her and not anyone else.

JUST AN FYI - I have locked down my Becca's FB page because people were starting to troll her (not necessarily on here). It is no longer public. Nothing has been deleted, it's just changed to friends only. Wanted to head off any suspicion that might have caused and let y'all know that I did that for her and not anyone else.
Very sad world we live in. Unfortunately, the longer this goes on, the more nut cases it brings out and rumors and speculation run rampant.

Good point regarding papaw not being a texter and imessages. I don't think HCSO is covering up anything. I do think they didn't treat this as criminal nor process the scene well. I think they are treating it as a walk away case and simply have nothing new to go on, however, they need to do a retake and start over treating it as criminal and I'd bet they would find more leads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Just posted on the BPH FB page by one of PaPaw's daughters:

"You can listen for my Father's voice tonight at 6 on channel 8. Thank you Tanya Eiserer for keeping his story out there. He is very loved and missed so very much. Sorry I was such crybaby..."

I believe this is the correct channel: http://www.wfaa.com/mb/home

Dallas is in the Central Time Zone (time zone converter: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)

It will probably be shared on the BPH site once it airs, too:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/619407261589703/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members