Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had questions for VI about the dowel in the shop, but those were pretty much asked recently. I did wonder if the dowel was on the shop floor or a work bench, and where it was in the shop. I suppose it could have been used by MC as a defense against, say, a person with a knife, if it was the only thing available to grab in an instant.
Our VI did say PaPaw usually did carry a fair amount of cash in his wallet, but I'd like to know if it was in the hundreds, or perhaps just a couple of hundred dollars. My husband used to not be cautious when paying for items in a store, and he would take out his wad of $ for anyone to see. Thank goodness he doesn't do that anymore!
One other question I had was re: any taxi or Uber services in the surrounding Quinlan area, and any bus service. I realize it's a rural area, but were any of these checked into, even if an hour away? If MC left voluntarily, he would have had to have called one of them and it appears from the phone records they do have, he did not. So many scenarios seem possible, and yet there's always a reason why none make sense.

Personally, the fact that his disappearance coincides with whole DROP situation has nagged at me for quite some time. Coincidence? Or not? Only time will tell at this point.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Just found this article dated March 9, the day before MC went missing.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...lice-fire-pension-system-pay-drop-withdrawals

It is from the Dallas Morning News. The headline reads: "The Dallas Fire and Pension System won't pay out DROP withdrawals after all."
The Dallas Police and Fire Pension System board decided Thursday that it's too risky to pay out lump-sum withdrawals this month.
Executive Director Kelly Gottschalk told board members that pension officials were unable to renegotiate a debt agreement that could trigger a call on a $174 million loan this spring if the $2.2 billion fund dipped below $2 billion. Dipping below that to pay lump-sum withdrawals would harm the entire fund, she said.
The board agreed, in an 11-1 vote, with Gottschalk's assessment that it should keep large sums of money in the system for now.

<modsnip>

There are many more articles on-line regarding this. Unfortunately, I have used my allotted number of free articles from the Dallas News. It sounds like it is a big mess. I do not fully understand all of this. Apparently bad investments were made.

Jim, I think we are on the same wave length! We both just posted almost the same thing!

We did! We are! And it is still very much perplexing!

I still keep coming back to the blood. Was this an accident? Was this a crime scene? Where are you MC?!

A power of attorney for one.

MC would have to sign the power of attorney. It doesn't work for someone that cannot sign, either because they are missing or have diminished mental capacity.

MC would have to sign the power of attorney. It doesn't work for someone that cannot sign, either because they are missing or have diminished mental capacity.

Correct. But as a first responder, it just would have seemed logical that they would have had one. Having him declared dead is more than extreme. For every rule, there's an exception or a loophole.

I am new to Websleuths and this is my first post. I hope I worded everything correctly and didn't break any rules!

I live less than 5 miles from MC & BC, and about 8 miles from the Quinlan Walmart, so naturally this case has concerned me from day one. My heart breaks a little bit every time I think of MC and his family. Also, it has made me completely rethink my day to day life. We live out in the country and my husband has a detached shop and he also has an old classic car he enjoys working on and taking to area car shows. He doesn't really know MC, but does remember seeing him and his car at a few shows. The level of safety I used to feel at home has really dropped and I find myself paying closer attention to people and cars going by our house. And my imagination runs wild sometimes!

I know that there are many that have their suspicions about BC, based on the paperwork she filed and the selling of the car, her actions or lack of actions, etc. And I have tried hard to wrap my brain around theories that she may be involved. I mean it's common (and maybe even common procedure for police?) to first look at immediate family. I feel like if the authorities had treated this as a criminal case from day one and done their dang jobs, the family members would have been thoroughly scrutinized and hopefully eliminated as suspects early on. And the fact that the shop, house, cars and property weren't thoroughly inspected in the first 24 hours just blows my mind!! What if, after injuring himself in the shop, he grabbed a towel and then headed inside the house to clean up and doctor the wound. He probably would have cleaned up any blood thoroughly in the house, but a quick spray of some Luminol in the kitchen or bathroom could have possibly helped them figure out the chain of events. Same with all the vehicles. Spraying all the cars (trunks included) could have helped clear a family member's involvement. (And hopefully it still can!) Clear the family first so you can move on to other theories. Maybe I watch too much TV, but it makes sense to me.

Based on what we see of their relationship and marriage and family life and how he doted on BC, I just can't bring myself to consider her involved in something so dark. I mean, we don't know how much money is actually involved in the DROP fund or if there is an unknown life insurance policy. And there may be other big issues we don't know about. But I just can't imagine her coming to the conclusion that her loving husband of almost 40 years needs to be gone so she can get her hands on some cash. She is close to all the kids and grandkids and would have to face them every single day. She would also risk being discovered and sent to jail...at age 60, when she seems to be living such a nice, comfortable life in which she is very much taken care of and loved. Yes, I understand that these things do happen. We see it in the news way too often. What would it take to make a woman (who has worked as a caretaker for years) do such a thing, especially to someone as remarkable as MC seems to be, and to risk so much? I just don't believe this will turn out to be one of those stories. I sure hope I'm right.

All of these ramblings are my opinions only, of course! Sorry it's so long!

Welcome, CoffeeSleuth!

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Correct. But as a first responder, it just would have seemed logical that they would have had one. Having him declared dead is more than extreme. For every rule, there's an exception or a loophole.

Many people do not have a power of attorney established if they are otherwise healthy. That is irrelevant, though. What do you do when there is no power of attorney established and he is missing? The Letter Testamentary is completely reasonable.

Many people do not have a power of attorney established if they are otherwise healthy. That is irrelevant, though. What do you do when there is no power of attorney established and he is missing? The Letter Testamentary is completely reasonable.

That's a matter of opinion. We each have one. [emoji846]

That's a matter of opinion. We each have one. [emoji846]

You did say there were alternatives but haven't been able to produce one. What should someone do if there is no power of attorney established and financial decisions need to be made, and signatures required, for the missing?

I see the discussions around Meeks, but more than one news article reference both the FBI & Texas Rangers are assisting. Neither group is known for publicly announcing evidence nor information.

Just found this article dated March 9, the day before MC went missing.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...lice-fire-pension-system-pay-drop-withdrawals

It is from the Dallas Morning News. The headline reads: "The Dallas Fire and Pension System won't pay out DROP withdrawals after all."
The Dallas Police and Fire Pension System board decided Thursday that it's too risky to pay out lump-sum withdrawals this month.
Executive Director Kelly Gottschalk told board members that pension officials were unable to renegotiate a debt agreement that could trigger a call on a $174 million loan this spring if the $2.2 billion fund dipped below $2 billion. Dipping below that to pay lump-sum withdrawals would harm the entire fund, she said.
The board agreed, in an 11-1 vote, with Gottschalk's assessment that it should keep large sums of money in the system for now.

<modsnip>
Could a lump sum withdrawal be behind his disappearance especially since his license is missing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

None of the family has been named POIs and are likely undergoing a lot of stress. If we are going to make accusations towards the family (someone isn't being truthful), I think we should be able to justify those accusations with alternatives that could have been chosen. A power of attorney doesn't work for somebody already missing. Nobody earlier in the thread has offered an alternative to dealing with the situation once it was explained by the VI.

It is wrong to accuse the family of lying and receiving bad legal advice without articulating the alternative.

There are 3 types of power of attorney. General, Special, and Health Care. If they are made durable, they extend past the time one becomes mentally incompetent. I have General Durable on all of my adult children, my husband and my mother. My husband holds the same on me, and succeeds me on the others. If your adult child is unconscious from an accident, one is not getting information from the hospital- even if you are paying the bill, without a POA that allows it.

If it is true he does not want to be found, the court proceedings would not have been able to move forward

If it is true he does not want to be found, the court proceedings would not have been able to move forward

I think that is important. I don't think the sheriff would have been able to testify for the death certificate if he had evidence that he walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ