Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I am totally different. My husband is a car guy - much like PaPaw. They would have to pry the keys to a car he gave me from my cold dead heads. No way would I sell his car.

And I'd sell it in a heartbeat and my husband knows this. We've had this discussion since this thread and I've told him his music equipment means nothing to me and he totally gets it.

ETA - Whats sentimental to some is painful for others and there's nothing wrong with either.

I can't think of any good reason for LE to stop searching for answers to his disappearance.

If they believe someone harmed him, of course they would investigate.
If they believe he committed suicide, wouldn't they still be helping the family search for his body? ( I do not believe this was suicide).
If they believe he walked away from his life and "doesn't want to be found", wouldn't that be illegal considering the blood was probably planted to make it look like something happened to him? Wouldn't they want to charge him for staging a crime scene? Pretty sure that's illegal. (I don't believe he walked away).

And the fact that they probably have no clue what happened to him, is reason enough to LOOK FOR HIM because chances are A CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED and LE owes it to him, his family and this county to investigate thoroughly for as long as it takes!

Just my opinion

I keep thinking it was sold for money for the PI. But that's just my speculation.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

One would consider that, and totally understand that. However, and correct me if I am wrong, our VI told us that selling the car had nothing to do with finding Papaw. I'll try to go back and find that post.

One would consider that, and totally understand that. However, and correct me if I am wrong, our VI told us that selling the car had nothing to do with finding Papaw. I'll try to go back and find that post.

Quoting my own post to add:
Pmerle00 posted on 7/13/17 (Post #1103, on Thread #1) the following: (BBM)
I'll only say that this sale was a family decision, not one that BC made on her own or anything that should raise suspicion. Out of respect for her and others in our family, I won't be listing out any rationale for selling the car. It was a private decision that has no bearing on finding Papaw.

So...that's not it. I'm guessing someone (maybe one of their kids?) needed money? I believe our VI also stated that there were no money issues in this case. Who knows, and if it has nothing to do with finding Papaw, it doesn't really matter, in regards to finding this fine man.

Our VI said it was a family decision.

Perhaps it was to pay mortgage payment, credit card bills etc would that change things? I honestly think if MC loved his wife as much as VI says, he wouldn't care what the money was for if it was for her benefit. Could I be wrong?

Our VI said it was a family decision.

Perhaps it was to pay mortgage payment, credit card bills etc would that change things? I honestly think if MC loved his wife as much as VI says, he wouldn't care what the money was for if it was for her benefit. Could I be wrong?
It IS interesting that it was a FAMILY decision. Obviously not a decision made easily or without thoughtful consideration.

I can't think of any good reason for LE to stop searching for answers to his disappearance.

If they believe someone harmed him, of course they would investigate.
If they believe he committed suicide, wouldn't they still be helping the family search for his body? ( I do not believe this was suicide).
If they believe he walked away from his life and "doesn't want to be found", wouldn't that be illegal considering the blood was probably planted to make it look like something happened to him? Wouldn't they want to charge him for staging a crime scene? Pretty sure that's illegal. (I don't believe he walked away).

And the fact that they probably have no clue what happened to him, is reason enough to LOOK FOR HIM because chances are A CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED and LE owes it to him, his family and this county to investigate thoroughly for as long as it takes!

Just my opinion

It's not illegal to disappear on your own accord. You can walk away without a trace and nothing can be done to you. As long as you aren't trying to avoid prosecution for outstanding charges, anyway. At that point, you would become a fugitive which is a whole different animal.

It's not illegal to disappear on your own accord. You can walk away without a trace and nothing can be done to you. As long as you aren't trying to avoid prosecution for outstanding charges, anyway. At that point, you would become a fugitive which is a whole different animal.

Yes, but I meant if they thought he planted his own blood in the shop to make it look like something bad happened to him, looks like they would want to question him for staging a crime scene. But maybe they don't think the blood is anything other than a bad finger cut and not related to his disappearance at all.

Edited to add I don't believe MC would do any of those things. Just trying to understand LE's behavior regarding this case.

I just want to caution you that a death certificate is a confidential record. It is only available to a very few close relatives. To attempt to obtain a death certificate unlawfully carries STIFF penalties. Not that you would but just a friendly warning.

I keep thinking it was sold for money for the PI. But that's just my speculation.

And I am totally different. My husband is a car guy - much like PaPaw. They would have to pry the keys to a car he gave me from my cold dead heads. No way would I sell his car.

Bringing this forward (posted by our VI on July 13th; RBBM):

I'll only say that this sale [the sale of the car] was a family decision, not one that BC made on her own or anything that should raise suspicion. Out of respect for her and others in our family, I won't be listing out any rationale for selling the car. It was a private decision that has no bearing on finding Papaw.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13494418#post13494418

She also posted (dated July 27th; RBBM):
"It is my understanding that the money will be used for the PI and then if anything is left it will serve to lessen the burden on the family to come up with the funds."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-2&p=13528405#post13528405

We did not learn that PaPaw had been declared dead until July 18th.

BC posted on FB timeline she had to let go of the Mustang on July 7th.

So based on what our VI has said, I really don't think the Mustang was sold to pay for a PI, at least not the one that has been hired to help find PaPaw (plus, as another poster suggested upthread, if that was the case, our VI would have told us, IMO).

But based on the timeline above, I do think it is possible that the funds from the sale have gone to the probate attorney and possibly even an "investigative agency" -especially if BC has been ordered by court to "search for the person presumed dead," since the issuance of letters of testamentary ... which might have come as a surprise to her-:

"(b) After letters testamentary or of administration are issued, the court may also direct:
(1) the personal representative to search for the person presumed dead by notifying law enforcement agencies and public welfare agencies in appropriate locations that the person has disappeared; and
(2) the applicant to engage the services of an investigative agency to search for the person presumed dead." (all BBM)
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/ES/htm/ES.454.htm

I do think that she has been helping a family member financially also.

I just want to caution you that a death certificate is a confidential record. It is only available to a very few close relatives. To attempt to obtain a death certificate unlawfully carries STIFF penalties. Not that you would but just a friendly warning.

This is from the Tx Dept. Of State Health Services
http://www.dshs.texas.gov/vs/reqproc/faq/birthdeath.shtm

Our VI, who is the granddaughter, wanted to know if she could get a copy of the death certificate. According to this, she cannot.

Who can request a certified copy of a birth or death certificate?
For births within the past 75 years and deaths within the past 25 years, only the immediate family members of the person whose name is on the birth certificate or death certificate are eligible to request a copy. Those with any other relationship must provide legal documentation, such as a court order establishing guardianship. If you are the legal representative of a qualified applicant, send us a release which documents a direct and tangible interest in the record you are requesting.

Who is considered an immediate family member?
Any of the following relationships by blood or marriage are considered to be immediate family members:

• self
  • child
  • parent
  • brother/sister
  • grandparent
  • spouse

How do I get a copy of the record if I am not an immediate family member?
You may send in a written, notarized statement signed by an immediate family member. The statement must give permission to Vital Statistics Unit Department of State Health Services to release a certified copy of the certificate to you and must include a photocopy of the ID of the individual granting you the authorization. The statement must also identify you by your full name, and you must present a copy of your photo ID with the notarized statement.

Good. I wouldn't want you spending time in prison.

If I were to go to Hunt County tomorrow and request a death certificate, I cannot believe I would be fined, arrested, or whatever. Once they determined I wasn't family, I would suspect they would explain the law to me and tell me "No". Not everyone knows this law. Just my opinion.

If I were to go to Hunt County tomorrow and request a death certificate, I cannot believe I would be fined, arrested, or whatever. Once they determined I wasn't family, I would suspect they would explain the law to me and tell me "No". Not everyone knows this law. Just my opinion.
What I said was meant to be helpful.

I am still fairly new here and I don't know how to copy a quote from one Thread to the next. So I have copied and posted this. This is from Thread 1, page 96, post 1437. It is made by Batman's Mommy. She is a paralegal and makes some interesting observations. As you can see, she refers to IMHO's post. But, her response is directed to Pmerle00, our VI. This was done after Pmerle00 explained what BC had done regarding the Letter of Testamentary.
In my opinion, the most powerful comment made is this:

"I'm sorry, but there is something very wrong here, in my opinion. My prayer is that LE has something else in the works in the background, but this does not look good for the Estate of a "Missing" not confirmed "Deceased" person to be opened. The Last Will and Testament CANNOT take effect until the person is deceased. That is why it is a will........

If this were the case, do you know how many people would fake their deaths to get life insurance money, etc... "

So, why do BC and the Sheriff think Mr. Chambers is deceased? And what proof was exhibited of this death in order to obtain a death certificate?
Just my opinion.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by inmyhumbleopinion
From the June 16th edition of "The Quinlan-Tawakoni News" (page 10 in the "Public Notices" section):

"NOTICE TO CREDITORS

Notice is hereby given that original
Letters of Administration for the Estate of
Michael Glenn Chambers, Deceased, were
issued on June 7, 2017, in Cause No. 18188,
pending in the County Court-at-Law No. 2
of Hunt County, Texas, to: Rebecca Lynn
Chambers, Executrix.
Claims may be presented in care of the attorney
of the Estate addressed as follows:
Rebecca Lynn Chambers
o/o Joe Weis
Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 765
Greenville, Texas 75403
All persons having claims against this
Estate which is currently being administered
are required to present them within the time
and in the manner prescribed by law.
DATED the 7th day of June, 2017.
PEMBERTON, GREEN, NEWCOMB &
WEIS
By: Joe Weis
Attorney for the Estate
State Bar No.: 21102600"
http://archives.etypeservices.com/Qu...zine172982.pdf

First and foremost, Pmerle00, thank you so much for your diligence with fielding all the questions. I am so sorry for all of the sadness and distress that your family is going through. My heart goes out to you.

Now, I must comment on inmyhumbleopinions post....... I am a paralegal. I have several attorneys with several different practices, but one of those practices is Probate, which is what this notice is part of. I am in a different state, but most of these rules are the same.

In order to "open" an estate, there is a Petition to Open the Estate filed along with Letters Testamentary (someone who dies without a will is considered to have passed intestate). In this case, there is obviously a will because BC is listed as the Executrix. If there were no will, she would have been appointed as an Administratrix. The Last Will and Testament is entered as its own document. In order for a Will to be entered and probated, there has to be a death certificate verifying that there is a Decedent that is attached as an Exhibit to the Petition to Open the Estate.

I'm sorry, but there is something very wrong here, in my opinion. My prayer is that LE has something else in the works in the background, but this does not look good for the Estate of a "Missing" not confirmed "Deceased" person to be opened. The Last Will and Testament CANNOT take effect until the person is deceased. That is why it is a will........

If this were the case, do you know how many people would fake their deaths to get life insurance money, etc...

I hope I am wrong, but something does not sit well with me about this. I'm not an attorney, but I sincerely hope that other family members have also sought counsel. I may be wrong, but I do believe a concerned family member can file something with the court to dispute this with grounds. I do not know Texas law, and I hope maybe a Texas attorney can weigh in.

Pmerle00, I wish you the best of luck with finding your PaPaw.

This is all JMO, too. I cannot give legal advice. I am only telling what my experience with Wills and Estates has been.

Much love-
BM

I think my brain is tired for the night and the section I am reviewing is quite long, so I'll need to read it with a fresh brain in the morning. I also see a long post that KeepTheLightOn has posted, so I'm very interested to read it and hope I'm not posting anything that was already covered. I'm going to post a section of it, but if any of you have the time to click the link, maybe some info can be obtained about how this all works and why there are lines on that document that specifically state funds were deposited.

Sec. 362.011. PARTITION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ESTATE; DEPOSIT IN COURT'S REGISTRY. (a) If, on final settlement of an estate, any of the estate remains in the personal representative's possession, the court shall order that a partition and distribution be made among the persons entitled to receive that part of the estate.
(b) The court shall order the personal representative to convert into money any remaining nonmonetary assets to which a person who is unknown or missing is entitled. The procedures in Chapter 356 apply to the conversion of nonmonetary assets under this subsection.
(c) The court shall order the personal representative to deposit in an account in the court's registry all money, including the proceeds of any conversion under Subsection (b), to which a person who is unknown or missing is entitled. The court shall hold money deposited in an account under this subsection until the court renders:
(1) an order requiring money in the account to be paid to the previously unknown or missing person who is entitled to the money; or
(2) another order regarding the disposition of the money.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/ES/htm/ES.362.htm

I would think opening the will would cause many problems. Wife is probably not the only person things / assets are left to.

I asked an attorney who only works on estate planning, wills, sucessions. She said there is a way to reverse a will, if he shows up alive, but she has never experienced that. She said the letter of t may have been necessary for wife to continue taking care of things. She said it possibly could have been done without a death cert. because they are rarely asked for as evidence. (My thought here-)But clearly one was issued .

Here's what I think--- wife is devastated. She can't even access accounts or whatever. She talks to Sheriff friend about her hardship. He says he will sign the cert so she can live, but they should just keep it quiet. But it gets out. Cause it's a public doc and dude is still missing! And now, what may have started as a favor is pointing fingers at wife.

My second theory is someone else who would benefit from the will.

Third is a person he knew but not related. I just don't know what would be gained though.

Super strange case. Super sweet guy who should be working in his shop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would think opening the will would cause many problems. Wife is probably not the only person things / assets are left to.

I asked an attorney who only works on estate planning, wills, sucessions. She said there is a way to reverse a will, if he shows up alive, but she has never experienced that. She said the letter of t may have been necessary for wife to continue taking care of things. She said it possibly could have been done without a death cert. because they are rarely asked for as evidence. (My thought here-)But clearly one was issued .

Here's what I think--- wife is devastated. She can't even access accounts or whatever. She talks to Sheriff friend about her hardship. He says he will sign the cert so she can live, but they should just keep it quiet. But it gets out. Cause it's a public doc and dude is still missing! And now, what may have started as a favor is pointing fingers at wife.

My second theory is someone else who would benefit from the will.

Third is a person he knew but not related. I just don't know what would be gained though.

Super strange case. Super sweet guy who should be working in his shop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You hit that NAIL on the head: "Super strange case. Super sweet guy who should be working in his shop."

I really hope Michael will miraculously return to do just that!

This is not always true. If a person who is not a relative has a valid reason for needing a death certificate it may be provided. This happened when a non-relative who was estranged, but remained a beneficiary was able to get a death certificate in Dallas County in 2015.

I in no way mean to imply that someone could or should attempt to obtain a death certificate. I was just providing information from a personal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse