Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent my email to Dateline! They sent me a Thank you email back and stated they will have their people check this story out. I ask everyone to send Dateline a email about Michael Chambers. I feel the more emails they get will give them a push to do the story. Please take less than 5 minutes to Email them! Team PawPaw [emoji72] [emoji182] [emoji173] [emoji120] [emoji174]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think there was (unknown ti most people) financial trouble before he went missing. Otherwise you don't have such financial crisis within a couple of weeks to have to declare someone dead and probate the will! When I lost my income, I think I was still in denial that my paycheck wasn't coming in the time this whole process was done!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think there was (unknown ti most people) financial trouble before he went missing. Otherwise you don't have such financial crisis within a couple of weeks to have to declare someone dead and probate the will! When I lost my income, I think I was still in denial that my paycheck wasn't coming in the time this whole process was done!

You may be right! I actually said several pages back, we thought we knew everything about my parents finances and personal info too. We found out how much we didn't know after they had both passed away. Sometimes, parents don't tell us everything. I guess they didn't want to make us worry, or that it wasn't our business. Lol. My mom was wonderful woman but, she always was big on how we presented ourselves in public. So even her best friend wasn't privy to some things.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I am writing this one last time. Or, some might think one time too many. I just cannot get out of my mind.....all the potential evidence. We asked, and forgive my asking again, was anything dusted thoroughly? Was luminol used anywhere outside of the workshop? Did MC make it to the truck? I don't know. Did no one investigate that possibility? Or, did he stumble over to the Mustang? If he was dazed, could he still get to that car? Get blood on, or in, the vehicle? They had blood in the shop, and a man possibly down. I would hope there are notes, on the investigative methods put into place to rule those vehicles as clean. My head is full of similar questions. There was blood. We do not really know exactly how much. But nothing to indicate life threatening injuries.

I really do detest writing this when I am witnessing the loss of Michael Chambers. Deceased. Somewhere out there. Somewhere.

“Somewhere, out there, we will find you Michael Chambers.”

Bringing forth my query. I really wish we could verify the investigation, that has transpired here. I am not saying LE is at fault in any way, but I believe a more thoroughly trained CSI, FBI, the Texas Rangers, would be looking at the evidence, and loss of evidence.

I wonder, and truly believe, that if you can find his phone, you will find Michael Chambers. I don't believe that item left his pocket. I can honestly feel that in my gut.

Now, I'm going to go sit down. I'm going to ask the Universe to help us here. We all just want Michael to come home. I really believe the Universe does work with, and for us. You know, on our side. Or helps us find missing people. Young Kaytlynn Cargill. Found in a landfill. If the worker had not spotted Kaytlynn's battered body, she could have gone missing for......forever? Their family suffering years of sorrow. But she was found! And I believe she will help nail the monster(s), that took her young soul away from our world.

From previously posted. I hope this is allowed? Almost like replying to myself. Heck, I do that for real. Sorry, trying for a smidgen of levity. It is hard to find that when we see all of this evil in our world.

I respectfully have a question for our busy VI, Pmerle00. Or anyone 'here', that has any answers, if I'm covering something already answered?

Did anyone confirm definitively, that luminol was used in the workshop, the home (if MC went there before locking everything up), or MCs truck? (Hopefully they did, before it was sold?) The Mustang also, before it was sold?

I should think that LE could answer those details for you, and your family? I really abhor writing some of the words I do. I cringe, even if we don't really know specifics. And, we don't. We don't know if MC walked away. We don't know if he was kidnapped. We don't know who would have been his enemies. We don't have any prints, that we know of. We don't really have much beyond speculation.

The Facts:

Michael Chambers was captured on Walmart's videos.
The house was locked up.
The workshop was locked up.
The projects, and any other vehicles, were untouched.
MC's truck was parked in the driveway. It was locked up.

We have no way of knowing who actually locked everything up.

MC left his wallet behind.
MC left his keys behind.

We believe he has his TDL (Texas Drivers License), his hat, his glasses, his iPhone (Back to those Apple-ID conversations. Did anyone ever find out MC's last messages, and calls?) Along with whatever cash was in the wallet.

Sorry, I think I'm so fixated on the wallet. Did MC purposely leave that behind? Or did someone else?

If MC left it, was he trying to send a message? Me. Personally. If my TDL, and some cash, are in my wallet, I'm taking my wallet. What reason would he have, to take everything out? The wallet was in MC's pocket when he walked out of Walmart. The video captured his shopping trip that fateful morning. Did he always take his wallet out, when in his workshop? And why leave it behind?

Italicized = Added to previous post for continuity.

Has an experienced CSI team been over any of this?

All MHO as always. My apologies for stepping on any toes. I'll try to learn faster, from you more experienced sleuthers. And visitors too. You can join in, and voice your sleuthing methods, here in the threads. Shameless plug for this wonderful site.

And, tomorrow morning, Michael Chambers will walk into a Police Office, and I wish that could come true. I really do. This gentle man loved his children, and grandchildren, far too much to leave their lives. I am sorry to write those words. We all need to face this. Or not. It's never over til' it's over.

But just becuz wife claimed financial crisis after he went missing does not mean they were not in a good financial position prior to his disappearance. And if someone claims a financial crisis, is this investigated and verified or is the person just taken at their word?

The Proof of Death document very CLEARLY states that MC received a monthly pension check that was deposited into THEIR JOINT ACCT. Him going missing would not change this from continuing to happen, that monthly check would keep being deposited and wife would continue to have the usual access to it - so I remain at a loss as to how his going missing would have in any way reduced the household income.

But just becuz wife claimed financial crisis after he went missing does not mean they were not in a good financial position prior to his disappearance. And if someone claims a financial crisis, is this investigated and verified or is the person just taken at their word?

The Proof of Death document very CLEARLY states that MC received a monthly pension check that was deposited into THEIR JOINT ACCT. Him going missing would not change this from continuing to happen, that monthly check would keep being deposited and wife would continue to have the usual access to it - so I remain at a loss as to how his going missing would have in any way reduced the household income.
Well, there is the sale of her Mustang.
IMO she needed the money but not for herself and not for other nefarious means. I can't help but think she was helping a family member whose non payments regarding a certain situation became overwhelming. Why would she do this knowing the family would be up in arms? And the public?

Selling his truck (and chances are she only got enough for it to pay off the balance) was not an unreasonable decision. MC can always buy another
one.

I'm going to get heat for this too but I also don't have a problem with her ending his phone service. Chances are/were, the battery life died and he would need a charger to juice it up. Where is PaPaw going to get a charger?

I am also not surprised that she has moved. I would have done that sooner rather than later. No way would I remain on that "farm" by myself.

I'm guessing she is staying in the area which to me says a lot. At this point, she might be better off moving to China.

Until I see hard facts on her participation of his disappearance, words are just words.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well, there is the sale of her Mustang.
IMO she needed the money but not for herself and not for other nefarious means. I can't help but think she was helping a family member whose non payments regarding a certain situation became overwhelming. Why would she do this knowing the family would be up in arms? And the public?

Selling his truck (and chances are she only got enough for it to pay off the balance) was not an unreasonable decision. MC can always buy another
one.

I'm going to get heat for this too but I also don't have a problem with her ending his phone service. Chances are/were, the battery life died and he would need a charger to juice it up. Where is PaPaw going to get a charger?

I am also not surprised that she has moved. I would have done that sooner rather than later. No way would I remain on that "farm" by myself.

I'm guessing she is staying in the area which to me says a lot. At this point, she might be better off moving to China.

Until I see hard facts on her participation of his disappearance, words are just words.

No "heat" from me about the phone, but to answer your question about the charger...First off, iPhone chargers are a readily available item these days, even at gas stations. Secondly, perhaps Papaw wouldn't use the phone but whoever disappeared him may just have been foolish enough to charge it and turn it on, therefore leaving ping information for LE to follow up on. Third, if the phone was ever found, there may be voicemail messages on there that could be evidence. No voicemail or call information can be traced on a phone that is no longer in service, as none can go through. The thing is, there isn't enough known information to know IF or IF NOT the phone would be of any value, so the wisest choice would be erring on the side of caution. $10 or $20 a month seems like a small price to pay for the possibility of ANY information and it would be a horrible thing if valuable clues were lost over that small amount of money. Unless, of course, someone didn't want any possible info coming out of the phone. And by that, I am not pointing to anyone in particular, but to whomever had a hand in either advising or actually doing the turning off.

No "heat" from me about the phone, but to answer your question about the charger...First off, iPhone chargers are a readily available item these days, even at gas stations. Secondly, perhaps Papaw wouldn't use the phone but whoever disappeared him may just have been foolish enough to charge it and turn it on, therefore leaving ping information for LE to follow up on. Third, if the phone was ever found, there may be voicemail messages on there that could be evidence. No voicemail or call information can be traced on a phone that is no longer in service, as none can go through. The thing is, there isn't enough known information to know IF or IF NOT the phone would be of any value, so the wisest choice would be erring on the side of caution. $10 or $20 a month seems like a small price to pay for the possibility of ANY information and it would be a horrible thing if valuable clues were lost over that small amount of money. Unless, of course, someone didn't want any possible info coming out of the phone. And by that, I am not pointing to anyone in particular, but to whomever had a hand in either advising or actually doing the turning off.
I don't know when she ended his service but certainly LE had plenty of time to get what they needed. Since there were the 3 phones (and 3 different #s) certainly LE got subpoenas for all three?
I am not Apple savvy so I am in the dark there. But I know LE in the Missy Bevers case did it w/in a week of her murder.
I am not from TX but certainly there is a way to get and view subpoenas. Sometimes they are sealed for 6 months. Some WebSluethers were able to legally obtain and view subpoenas
from LE re Bevers case. They held a wealth of information but....they still haven't charged anyone with her murder. The same could be true in this case.

Would anyone here know how to request subpoenas that may have been filed in the Chambers case? (If subpoenas were issued). Quite honestly, it can be done but I have NO clue how to even begin? (I was unable to contact the person who did it in the Bevers case)

Would anyone here know how to request subpoenas that may have been filed in the Chambers case? (If subpoenas were issued). Quite honestly, it can be done but I have NO clue how to even begin? (I was unable to contact the person who did it in the Bevers case)

I wish I did. I will poke around and see if I can figure it out.

Jim_M, you ask some good questions. Even if you're talking to yourself. lol I wish we were able to have the answers to some of your questions here.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Okay, I am quite out of my element here, but I gave it a shot.
To request FOIA records from the FBI:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/records-management/foipa/requesting-fbi-records

To request FOIA records from Texas DPS:
https://www.dps.texas.gov/pia.htm

To request records from Hunt County Criminal Investigations Division:
http://www.huntcounty.net/index.aspx?NID=221

Beyond that information, I don't know. Is this even the right thing that we are looking for?

Yes, but you won't get a thing from TDPS on an open investigation. And I wouldn't try anything from HCSO as being 100% accurate.

Okay, I am quite out of my element here, but I gave it a shot.
To request FOIA records from the FBI:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/records-management/foipa/requesting-fbi-records

To request FOIA records from Texas DPS:
https://www.dps.texas.gov/pia.htm

To request records from Hunt County Criminal Investigations Division:
http://www.huntcounty.net/index.aspx?NID=221

Beyond that information, I don't know. Is this even the right thing that we are looking for?

Subpoenas are issued by the District Attorney. You may try there.

You know, something that I can't get out of my mind is the statement Meeks made at the presser. Something like, "Maybe he was protecting his wife."
What in the world do you think he meant by that. What are some possible situations where his disappearance could be protecting his wife?
Thoughts...

You know, something that I can't get out of my mind is the statement Meeks made at the presser. Something like, "Maybe he was protecting his wife."
What in the world do you think he meant by that. What are some possible situations where his disappearance could be protecting his wife?
Thoughts...
I am speculating but....there may have been some issues with a particular person beforehand and the name of that person may have been mentioned by BC to Meeks & co. MC would have been aware of the issue and that may be why he may have left the property
with this person. Again, only speculation on my part.

Thoughts...

After going back, and watching and reading the context he said it in, I don't see it as relevant. It's like he added it as a filler to what he was saying. That's just what I get from it, though.

I don't know when she ended his service but certainly LE had plenty of time to get what they needed. Since there were the 3 phones (and 3 different #s) certainly LE got subpoenas for all three?
I am not Apple savvy so I am in the dark there. But I know LE in the Missy Bevers case did it w/in a week of her murder.
I am not from TX but certainly there is a way to get and view subpoenas. Sometimes they are sealed for 6 months. Some WebSluethers were able to legally obtain and view subpoenas
from LE re Bevers case. They held a wealth of information but....they still haven't charged anyone with her murder. The same could be true in this case.

I think you misunderstood, or I didn't state it clearly. Hopefully they did get the records quickly (though last we knew they STILL hadn't even asked for the iMessage content). However, someone could have used that phone up to this very day. Or had it stayed on, someone could have remotely called in to 'check' voicemail messages just to be sure nothing came through. If so, LE would have been able to tell who did that. Basically, LE keeps an eye on that phone to see if there is any activity for some time after the incident. Now, I am saying that as if HCSO were on the ball and had decent investigative procedures, which I am unsure of since they did let the scene get contaminated right from the get go by not sealing it, even though they stated that they didn't think he left of his own accord.

There was actually a case that involved people dialing into the victim's phone to check voicemail messages, I believe on here, but I have been wracking my brain to remember which case it was and can't...yet. Hopefully I will remember and what I am saying will make better sense to you.

I think you misunderstood, or I didn't state it clearly. Hopefully they did get the records quickly (though last we knew they STILL hadn't even asked for the iMessage content). However, someone could have used that phone up to this very day. Or had it stayed on, someone could have remotely called in to 'check' voicemail messages just to be sure nothing came through. If so, LE would have been able to tell who did that. Basically, LE keeps an eye on that phone to see if there is any activity for some time after the incident. Now, I am saying that as if HCSO were on the ball and had decent investigative procedures, which I am unsure of since they did let the scene get contaminated right from the get go by not sealing it, even though they stated that they didn't think he left of his own accord.

There was actually a case that involved people dialing into the victim's phone to check voicemail messages, I believe on here, but I have been wracking my brain to remember which case it was and can't...yet. Hopefully I will remember and what I am saying will make better sense to you.

Midge, I wholeheartedly concur. Leaving the phone service on could have provided a wealth of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member