Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mascara was the number one red flag for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand him picking up mascara for her, if she was stuck at home but since she was already out and about that day why wouldn't she just get it herself?

And I don't understand that whole "leaving it out for a couple days" and he would just know she needed another one. Something is off with that whole story.

I thought this would be an insignificant detail, however; seeing as how this can't be told straight, I wonder IF this could be an important detail? Maybe in the timing? Hmm. And there are no Imessages correct? They only retrieved phone logs. They need to get those Imessages!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm think that when everything finally comes out in the wash, this is going to be pretty pivotal.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I think the question is

Who Picked The Date

The document states "SHE requested this date" and it also says "10 days prior to today's date". I am assuming the date of death had to be at least 10 days prior to the death certificate being issued.

I feel like Pmerle already talked to us about this particular date having something to do with the drop plan. Something Papaw had overlooked and there was a deadline that had to do with his age.

ETA I believe this was the excuse BC gave when she was asked about it by family.

That is a good scenario and quite possibly correct, but then why not the date he went missing? That would have been before the time line if May 26th was before the timeline. But if the mustang was sold before the death certificate all is fine. Otherwise she cannot sell the mustang after his date of death.

But the more I think about this, I guess since she inherited everything she can do what she want? I guess I am confused.

Does she get to do whatever she wishes or can she not sell any property from the will for three years?.

The Mustang was hers, and titled in her name only, I do believe. She could sell that vehicle any time she wanted. It was not left to her, she owned it.

<modsnip>

According to our VI, on this thread, post #178, the Mustang was in BC's name alone. I knew I had seen that somewhere. If there was an update to that, I missed it.

"Why did BC have to go to court and get a death certificate to sell a car that was given to her as a gift from MC? The car was sold prior to the letters of testamentary. Only because it was in her name only."

Wasn't the mustang mentioned in the Will? Doesn't that make it part of the estate? I believe here in Texas, a gift is not community property, but everything you purchase while married is considered community property. I am thinking that would let her sell the mustang. I am grasping at straws here I think!

Wasn't the mustang mentioned in the Will? Doesn't that make it part of the estate? I believe here in Texas, a gift is not community property, but everything you purchase while married is considered community property. I am thinking that would let her sell the mustang. I am grasping at straws here I think!

Yes. It was in the will. So I don't believe it was in BC's name.

I may be mistaken, but the mustang being in her name only does not exempt it from community property. I believe the only way it is not community property if it is gifted (which it was) or it was owned before the marriage.

Have there been two Mustangs? One that was MC's gift to BC and one that MC owned as part of his collection?

So now that we have ripped that little detail to death.....back to the real question.....why May 26th instead of the date he disappeared? How can you just pick a date of death?

Oh my stars this is strange. Papaw, please come home and answer all of our questions.

Have there been two Mustangs? One that was MC's gift to BC and one that MC owned as part of his collection?

From MC's Will, dated October 13, 2009, you have the following:

1966 Mustang
1957 Chevy Pickup
1967 Dodge Cornet Convertible
1955 Chevy Pickup
1950 Chevy Pickup
1970 Roadrunner
1969 Roadrunner Satellite
House in Quinlan, TX
Property in Italy, TX
Wedding Band
Laptop Computer
Tools
Drop Savings Account

Unless he/they bought any other vehicles after 2009, it appears there is only the one Mustang.

How far is Italy, TX, from his home in Quinlan, TX?

Would anyone have used tracking dogs from one location, to the other?

From MC's Will, dated October 13, 2009, you have the following:

1966 Mustang
1957 Chevy Pickup
1967 Dodge Cornet Convertible
1955 Chevy Pickup
1950 Chevy Pickup
1970 Roadrunner
1969 Roadrunner Satellite
House in Quinlan, TX
Property in Italy, TX
Wedding Band
Laptop Computer
Tools
Drop Savings Account

Unless he/they bought any other vehicles after 2009, it appears there is only the one Mustang.

How far is Italy, TX, from his home in Quinlan, TX?

Would anyone have used tracking dogs from one location, to the other?

Well do we know when he gave her her Mustang? Could very well have been after 2009.

<rsbm>...
...<rsbm>

Even before 2009, there may have been another Mustang, but being BC's with her name on th title, it wouldn't have been listed in the will for him to bequeath.
I kinda assumed that the one listed is a different Pony.
but... idk. :)

<rsbm>.....why May 26th instead of the date he disappeared? How can you just pick a date of death?...<rsbm>

Just a general answer to this, and the other questions about why she didn't declare the day he went missing as the date of death:
I'm not a legal eagle, but my guess is that she couldn't have stated the day he went missing, because parts of her claim for "proof of death" included having had no contact from him; as well as not finding him after multiple searches. So that obviously can't be declared within the same day, or probably even a few days after.
She seemingly cut it to the limit before he turned 70 1/2...
where then all the retirement benifits problems come into play.
I can't defend many of her actions, but in this case, frankly, I probably would have done the same thing if suddenly the retirement pension was going to be all screwed up. There apparently were (are) already some issues with the fund itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett