Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a much needed family camping trip, I'm back today. I'll start with some questions from Thread #2 and work through this Thread as well. I was without internet access almost the entire time, so I'm not caught up on Facebook yet. I do know some of the more inciting posts because I've discussed them with other family members, but am no 100% up on all the comments. I'll answer what I can, then review FB, then answer more here. Also home with the kids today, so might be some lags between answers. Patience is a virtue. Not sure if I'm directing that at myself or at y'all, ha.

Welcome back! ❤️

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

From Thread #2:
I agree. I am grateful to Ms. Eisere for covering the story.

My question, though, is how come no one is asking the Hunt County Sheriff anything? Almost all media coverage ceased after the first couple of weeks or so, except for a few local newspaper articles that have covered more recent searches.

This is pretty unusual, IMO. No "calls to the Sheriff's Office were not returned"-type stuff. No statements whatsoever: Not even the "cannot comment due to the ongoing investigation" variety.

Does the radio silence mean they are really thinking suicide or voluntary walk-away? Or have they asked reporters not to cover the story, in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation, and newspapers and TV stations are complying (which does happen from time to time, IMO)?

I don't know, there is something strange going on here ....

We haven't been told by any reporters that HCSO has asked them not to cover the story. We have been begging them to run updates, but only this one has done it.

From Thread #2:

Did LE thoroughly determine that Michael wasn't followed out of Walmart? If someone saw the bills in his wallet, could they have slowly kept an eye on him? Or even talked to an accomplice outside? My understanding is they have confirmed he wasn't followed out of walmart and that he was alone when he entered his vehicle and left the parking lot.

And, was LE ever able to test for the 'age' of the blood? Can they even test for degradation like that? They told us they were going to test the age of the blood as well as whether there were any anticoagulants present, but we recently found out they NEVER sent the second sample to the lab as they said they would.

From Thread #2:

Pmerle, can you describe how the dowel rod was located? Was in by the drops of blood on the floor like it rolled into the blood or on a shelf etc? I wasn't present when the dowel rod was found and was only given a second-hand description of it. My understanding is that it was leaning against one of the cars in the shop, the one closest to the pool of blood.

Regarding the fingerprint questions in Thread #2: HCSO told us all fingerprints in the shop were Papaw's, HOWEVER - I didn't see evidence that they dusted except around the doorknob.

From Thread #2:

I want to know if the workshop was ever treated as a crime scene, was it taped off and secured?

NO - it was NOT taped off, it was NOT secured. Which is one of our primary issues with HCSO -they seem to have mishandled this from the beginning and maintain their position that they won't call this a crime.

From Thread #2: Pmerle00,

Did HCSO take the dowel as possible evidence? Im thinking if he were attacked in the shop, the dowel could have been part of a weapon. Do you know if it was a thin, long dowel or if it was pretty thick and heavy?

They took the dowel, but not the first day. I believe my uncle noticed it, or maybe one of the car show guys, and brought it up so they came out and collected it. They missed it in their "processing" of the scene.
Thank you so much for coming back, Pmerle00. I want your PaPaw brought home so badly.

I have a couple of questions about the dowel. You have posted:

"The blood on the dowel rod is confirmed to be Papaw's, but that's about all I know. I didn't actually see the rod."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13306655#post13306655

"No evidence that he cut himself on something he was working on (no blood on any other tools, etc.).
-RSBM for focus-"
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13306881#post13306881

1. Both of the above posts are from mid-April. Have you had a chance to look at the rod since then or perhaps a picture of it? Or has someone described to you what the blood on it looked like? I am curious as to whether the blood had been smeared (e.g., as though someone had grabbed it) or it looked "neat" or "clean" like the blood found on the floor. Also, do you know if the dowel was damaged at all (broken, splintered, etc.)?

2. It seems like you said PaPaw really doesn't do woodworking. Did LE find any other dowel or any sort of woodworking-material-type stuff in his shop? I have been thinking of the possibility of the perp bringing the dowel with them -whether as a weapon or a "prop" in staging a scene-, but if PaPaw had other wooden material in the shop, then this scenario would be less likely, IMO.

I'm sorry - just one more thing:
3. Do you know if LE has found any unidentified DNA or finger- or palmprints anywhere (e.g., the shop, any of his cars, etc.)?

Thanks again.

From Thread #2:

Was Michael aware of this DFD pension board letter? If so, was he contemplating sending back confirmation? If not, when was the confirmation letter due back to the pension board? He was aware of the letter, the confirmation was due back BEFORE he went missing; HOWEVER, from what I have been told, he didn't read the letter thoroughly, and assumed it was "if you want it to CHANGE, fill out this form." I understand that, because most of the time, letters I get about benefits are - "will stay the same unless you take action."

What "proof" was given as proof of death?
I ask because this story has always stuck in my mind, but I just now found it online.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Jerry_Michael_Williams

My question to.

If this question was answered it would clear so much up.

People can go round and round, analysing everything. Coming up with theory's and what if's...

If there is nothing to hide why hasn't this been released?

This missing person case escalated so quickly to declare him dead that doesn't quite sit right in my head. Iv never read on her anything like it.

From Thread #2:

The idea of the TDL sliding under the register is a good one. I hope someone checked that out. It would be interesting to know how many people in HCSO are still looking. Like you, I have hoped that they didn't scale back after the Letter of Testamentary was issued. I hope we see more searches by FBI and Texas Rangers. Thank you for your response!

I have asked HCSO about checking under the register AND questioning the clerk for any insights into Papaw's behavior. If they respond, I will let you know.

Regarding the option of Power of Attorney instead of Letters of Testamentary... We did look into that. It's not possible in Texas without the person being physically present and clearly incapacitated (such as in a coma).

From Thread #2:

I see that MC and BC were members of the Texas Most Wanted Car Club, they have a Facebook page, I wonder if they have been questioned about his disappearance, they could have valuable information, especially about people he dealt with financially.

All members of the TMWCC have been cooperative with HCSO and with any questions the family has had for them as well.

From Thread #2:

3. Is the rumor that the Mustang is not all that BC sold and that she has all but been having a "fire sale" true? If it is true, who sells everything so soon without knowing where MC is or if he is coming home?

The car is the only thing I am aware of her selling thus far, though I would not be surprised if she sold his truck soon, as they have a payment on that.

From Thread #2:

3. Is the rumor that the Mustang is not all that BC sold and that she has all but been having a "fire sale" true? If it is true, who sells everything so soon without knowing where MC is or if he is coming home?

The car is the only thing I am aware of her selling thus far, though I would not be surprised if she sold his truck soon, as they have a payment on that.

Correction to myself, I've been told she has already sold the truck.

Correction to myself, I've been told she has already sold the truck.

This just made me choke up. There is such finality in selling a loved ones vehicle. I mean, I know he can always get another when he returns, just sad it won't be 'his truck.'

Also regarding the POA - I know in my will, both my husband and I have a POA - but it's a medical POA. I hadn't even heard of a different POA until my coworker's mom developed dementia and she realized she needed one for financial POA. I'm not saying that Becca and Papaw weren't aware, but I know I wasn't.

This just made me choke up. There is such finality in selling a loved ones vehicle. I mean, I know he can always get another when he returns, just sad it won't be 'his truck.'

ALL of this makes me choke up. Every time I get on here... Answering what I can... it's so surreal still. This is my Papaw. And I'm answering things like this? I wish it was all a dream. A nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste