Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I must have missed this...I know there was some blood in the workshop, I thought they were DROPLETS, but Pmerle are you saying there was a POOL of blood? If so, how big was this POOL?

I believe it was a small pool made up of the "little smaller than a quarter" droplets.
I just wanted to bring this forward. Previously, Pmerle said:

I saw the blood in the days after he went missing (I didn't know about it until Saturday and couldn't get there until Sunday).
-RSBM for space-
There are no drag marks or smears at all. The pool is made up of many gathered drops - not like he had been laying there or like it had dripped down his leg, more like it had fallen from a distance off his arm or ear or nose or something higher than his leg. The blood drops are like big splats (a little smaller than a quarter) - no direction or teardropping to them, straight down - all of them in the pool look that way and all of the ones on the way to the door do as well. The ones on the way to the door are more than 2 feet apart each, and stop completely about 3~ feet from the door. There are no drops on the concrete pad outside the shop, none on the deck surrounding the concrete pad, none in the dirt either.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13436511#post13436511
RBBM

The more I think about this, the more I feel the blood was planted and the "scene" staged, in order to draw the investigators' attention to the shop and away from the actual crime scene(s). The perp(s) probably thought this was a great idea, but they really messed up. The drops were uniform in size. We all have had nosebleeds, cut a finger or two, etc., and the drop are all different sizes. It sounds as though a syringe or a a small dropper sometimes used to administer medicine was used, IMO.

After MC was declared dead you would think that Meeks' priority would be to find the body so it could all look legit, but they do not seem to want to find him, very concerning, is it because his body could contain evidence linking his murder to people close to him? I would start massive searches around the Walmart area, I am sure he wouldn't have been buried near his own home. We need to get all the searchers possible to search a huge area extending out from Walmart, forget about where the phone was pinged, probably just tossed there to add to the appearance of him having been at his home when this "incident" occurred. Someone would have had to drive his truck home, wonder if the seat was adjusted, did they check for that, doubt it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I unfortunately know the answer to whether they checked for the seat being adjusted. They did NOT note the seat position when they processed the truck. I know this because we asked that after noting it was pushed all the way forward, and they basically said don't know, maybe someone moved it around when we looked through it.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. It would be interesting to know what's on the statement the sheriff signed.

We have requested a copy of the death certificate. Is there a way to get copies of everything, including any statements the sheriff had to sign??

As far as we know, the following had keys to the shop: Papaw, Becca, one of the sons who was over all the time. The other son MAY have a key, but we're not sure it's the right one, and since the locks have been changed we can't check to see.

Locks changed. RED FLAG.

<modsnip>

It's time for HCSO to address the public, IMO. And why aren't local reporters asking the Sheriff any questions? Could the silence on the part of these parties mean the case is already on the Hunt County grand jury docket? The current grand jury has been meeting since July 24th. The last grand jury panel, which held its last session on June 23rd, "issued 43 indictments," "including three charges released sealed pending the arrest of the person or persons named in the indictments." Could one of these charges be related to PaPaw's disappearance (wishful thinking, I know ...)?
http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/gr...cle_bad22576-6fe2-11e7-8e34-6bd32c498c90.html

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/gr...cle_3fdc1272-5869-11e7-b55e-e7c0864990ed.html

These are GREAT questions. If you've got the time, feel free to call HCSO and ask for a new press release to provide any updates or publicly state that there are none. While you're at it, you've got my blessing to contact news stations and ask why they dropped the story or request that they air an update.

Locks changed. RED FLAG.

I'm sorry - how is having the locks changed a red flag?? We changed them to increase security on the property and all buildings located there... I'm not sure how that is a red flag?

I'm going back thru Thread #1 to see if there are any details we may have overlooked along the way. Found this Mar 13, 2017 MSM article interesting:

I must have missed the above way back then as I don't remember anything about a) cash missing from the home and b) other items missing from the home .....wonder how much cash? where in the house the cash was located? (eg: in a place not hard to find like a cookie jar was money in a non-obvious place like a hidden money-box, small safe, hidden dresser drawer, shoe box up in the closet, etc

Curious where his phone pinged, what location. Wonder if our VI knows? (but of course maybe can't say)

Also from the same article:

Curious why so early on FBI & Texas Rangers were involved?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Au...rance-Suspicious-415956233.html#ixzz4bE3QETF5

I don't think there was any cash confirmed missing from Papaw's house... If there was cash, we don't know about it. There was no cash in his wallet, which WAS unusual, but all other known money was accounted for as far as I know.

My understanding is that the FBI gets involved in missing persons cases with suspicious circumstances at the beginning because there is a possibility of them having crossed state lines. After the initial investigation, though, they have to be invited to continue.

I'm sorry - how is having the locks changed a red flag?? We changed them to increase security on the property and all buildings located there... I'm not sure how that is a red flag?

Oh, I was thinking about who had keys to fit them, now they are gone. I guess I don't think security is an issue now, IMHO.

I unfortunately know the answer to whether they checked for the seat being adjusted. They did NOT note the seat position when they processed the truck. I know this because we asked that after noting it was pushed all the way forward, and they basically said don't know, maybe someone moved it around when we looked through it.

RBBM

Oh my no, Pmerle00 ... I am so sorry, but this does not sound good ... I just had a chill run down my spine, especially since I am leaning towards the scenario of PaPaw having been harmed somewhere other than his shop or residence and his truck being driven back home by someone else ....

Hopefully, HCSO took pictures or a video of the inside of the truck before they looked through it, and that somehow they can prove that nothing was touched before they got inside.

I am 5'3" and my seat is always pushed all the way forward. PaPaw is 6'3", right? Oh man ... :(.

Oh, I was thinking about who had keys to fit them, now they are gone. I guess I don't think security is an issue now, IMHO.

Understand that! No, I think all parties still had their keys at the time the locks were changed. I can try to confirm that with each of them.

Is that how HCSO processes all of their crime scenes, this is outrageous, has the governor been contacted?

[/B]
RBBM

Oh my no, Pmerle00 ... I am so sorry, but this does not sound good ... I just had a chill run down my spine, especially since I am leaning towards the scenario of PaPaw having been harmed somewhere other than his shop or residence and his truck being driven back home by someone else ....

Hopefully, HCSO took pictures or a video of the inside of the truck before they looked through it, and that somehow they can prove that nothing was touched before they got inside.

I am 5'3" and my seat is always pushed all the way forward. PaPaw is 6'3", right? Oh man ... :(.

Good thought. I just sent a message to HCSO asking if they took pictures before entering the vehicle.

Pmerle00, could you tell us who had polygraphs administered, and who didn't? Asking for clarification purposes. If not something you're able to speak on, I totally respect that and understand why.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

We have requested a copy of the death certificate. Is there a way to get copies of everything, including any statements the sheriff had to sign??

A blood or marriage relative should be able to get a copy from the District Clerk, or on iDocket, for a fee.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I've read the thread as throughly as I can and here is my speculation:

Before leaving for WalMart to get his wife's makeup he puttered around in the shop a bit. This is when he cut his finger, grabbed a towel and then discovered he needed some first aid item he didn't have or something was needed to clean blood up. He kept this small cut wrapped in the towel and headed to store. After getting items he throws the bloody rag in the trash at the store and heads home. He goes into house to put items away and returns to garage where he intends to clean blood up. There he begins putting his personal items away...removes his wallet and keys. At this point he is interrupted (meaning hat still on head, cell phone in pocket). Someone either convinces him go with them or forcibly removes him to go with them where something is done to Papaw. I feel it was someone known to him or at least someone who wasn't presenting as dangerous which explains lack of struggle in shop. He might have even walked right out to meet them in drive way. Phone might have been discovered by perp and turned off or destroyed. The drivers license? It was either lost that morning or at some other time and its loss had not yet been discovered by Papaw. Or, it was at some point purposely removed from his wallet by some one who visited him at home or shop and returning it used as a ruse to come see him and carry out the plans someone had.

i don't really see how this scenario might lead to anything investigative at this late time. Seems the case was mishandled in ways to me.

This is just a scenario i thought up which explains the pieces of the crime if indeed one happened. Papaw just leaving doesn't fit to me. He might need his DL if he left to start a new life but I think he'd take his whole wallet out of habit. And I don't believe he'd leave his family by committing suicide unless there was some grave, terrible secret and nothing has been revealed so far.

Before leaving for WalMart to get his wife's makeup he puttered around in the shop a bit. This is when he cut his finger, grabbed a towel and then discovered he needed some first aid item he didn't have or something was needed to clean blood up [Ok, but then where is the bandage on his person in the surveillance video?]. He kept this small cut wrapped in the towel and headed to store. After getting items he throws the bloody rag in the trash at the store and heads home [and where is the first aid item on the receipt?].

So here is something I am thinking about:

Why haven't we heard where the cell phone pings were? If I knew a persons cell phone pinged close to my house and they were missing I would have a heightened awareness while out and about in that area. I would look for the missing person. If I found a cellphone on the ground I would be curious and call LE.

HCSO still hasn't answered whether or not I can share that info. I do know that without the 3rd ping, it's not possible to tell where the phone was turned off. The two pings could have been "transfer pings" or "bounce pings" and not necessarily the closest tower to where Papaw last had his phone.

HCSO still hasn't answered whether or not I can share that info. I do know that without the 3rd ping, it's not possible to tell where the phone was turned off. The two pings could have been "transfer pings" or "bounce pings" and not necessarily the closest tower to where Papaw last had his phone.

Cool. I can respect that. Thanks for answering.

While that is completely possible - I tend to think our VI is knee deep in life. The death of her MIL, school starting back. I recall her saying life was just really busy right now and it could be a bit before she had time to come back.

^^^ This guy knows what's up. :)

(*guy - general term for person here...)

Vacation, death in the family, school for my 4 kids starts back next week... full time job, extra curriculars for the kids... scouts, band, theater, football, soon to be baseball... did I mention the full time job?

It takes me a while to get back here sometimes. Plus it's HARD to get on here and answer even the most innocuous of questions. It's draining.

But I'll always be back. Nothing y'all can say will offend me enough to stop me from trying to help. Promise.

Hey Han- I listened to the video you referenced re 911 call and didn't hear her say anything about blood.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Our family is trying to get the entire 911 call recording.

Is there any blood left in the workshop that could be analyzed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member