Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a lot of "guests" viewing this thread all the time. If someone from another LE agency is reading and knows how to put pressure on the HCSO to be sure they are doing the job they are expected to do.....please initiate a call to the agency that could get some action on this case. Please help bring Papaw home! Your voice counts!

Ive lived in the county for a few decades...my husband has been here his whole life. When I get quite vocal and involved in this case, it makes him very nervous. He's remarked more than once "If you don't watch what you say and who you say it to, we could easily end up missing or worse."
There is a definite paranoia about LE in this county...probably for good reason. And to clarify, we (DH and I ) are law abiding citizens and have family and friends in LE but not in this county and for reasons he has outlined to me, yes, there are probably some fact based fears floating around the county that keeps things around here normally hush-hush.
Speaking specifically to this case, I believe that silence was what the perp(s) were counting on. Never in his/her/their wildest dreams did they think six months later people would still be hot on this case and demanding answers.
There have been several suggestions offered to the family on raising awareness, publicity and causing a stink that would be a force to be reckoned with. For whatever reason, they have chosen not to yet go that route. I do not know if it is because perhaps behind the scene there is SOMEONE actually investigating and making progress, if they don't feel the publicity that may be focused in one particular direction and deflect any other possibilities coming to light wouldn't be best yet, or if they have other reasons for not taking people up on those offers right now. I DO feel very much so his children/grandchildren/siblings/nieces/nephews desperately want him found so when I have been one to suggest something and they do not choose to go that route, I defer to the fact that they may have very good reasons right now for doing so but it could come up in the future.
But in all honesty, no LE agency is going to answer to Joe Blow citizen about an open case. They may or may not choose to answer to family depending on where evidence or suspicions lie but any pressure will have to be initiated from family and I feel 100% confident if they asked others would willingly join in.
All MOO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Holy crap. That is crazy. A town that fears its lawless law enforcement? I have a friend that lives in California that tells me the same kind of stuff. That is SUCH a foreign concept to me and I can't believe that in this day and age this stuff goes on. Thanking my lucky stars once again for my decent, safe (especially from the cops, yikes!) community. I guess I will just read along and comment here and there. If it's that bad, I don't need to be digging into that kind of secrets.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Holy crap. That is crazy. A town that fears its lawless law enforcement? I have a friend that lives in California that tells me the same kind of stuff. That is SUCH a foreign concept to me and I can't believe that in this day and age this stuff goes on. Thanking my lucky stars once again for my decent, safe (especially from the cops, yikes!) community. I guess I will just read along and comment here and there. If it's that bad, I don't need to be digging into that kind of secrets.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Same.. same..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Just. Wow.
Im really hoping with an upcoming change in leadership when this sheriff retires, the person filling his shoes will be an "outsider" and will work on public relations and restoring(or maybe initially creating) trust in this agency. There needs to be a good house cleaning in Hunt County. IMO.

Im really hoping with an upcoming change in leadership when this sheriff retires, the person filling his shoes will be an "outsider" and will work on public relations and restoring(or maybe initially creating) trust in this agency. There needs to be a good house cleaning in Hunt County. IMO.

How long has he been sheriff? Was the rumor of potential corruption an issue prior to his election?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

How long has he been sheriff? Was the rumor of potential corruption an issue prior to his election?

Since 2008. And I honestly never paid much attention to county politics so Im not sure of locals thoughts before his term started but I do know there were calls for a recall of him. There are several families not happy with handling of cases that are now cold....and they blame that agency for letting it get that way. One such case is on WS.

Yes, BD being scooped up and landing in jail immediately after he said he knew info made me realize it's likely a town that's arrests are more subjective and chosen rather than objective and consistent. New Orleans is seriously corrupt, too. But this seems to be much more.... all encompassing and higher up?... than nola. I don't know the right words to use, but it seems like the whole entire system is working together. And not in a good way. And no doubt there are good officers, but they probably don't dare speak up. Super scary. There has to be a way to get a state or federal agency to review the complaints

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Since 2008. And I honestly never paid much attention to county politics so Im not sure of locals thoughts before his term started but I do know there were calls for a recall of him. There are several families not happy with handling of cases that are now cold....and they blame that agency for letting it get that way. One such case is on WS.

That's really frightening! Is the other WS case still active? I would be interested in reading about it.

It's an elected office . . . . so there will NEVER be an "outsider" voted in. :(

I have the impression, whether right or wrong, that this is a SO that you don't want to tick off, for a number of reasons. JMHO.

I was speaking to a friend of mine today that has lived in HC for.ever. I was asking her for scoop on this case (she didn't have any). She had ZERO good to say about RM (from a personal and professional level) and his office. I asked her about corruption and cover up. She wasn't willing to say it was a definite probability, but she said she wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Also, I should add in case anyone wonders, she's a completely law-abiding citizen with multiple connections to LE.

Very good post . I totally agree with you . If we could get a rally going I could definitely get more people involved .

I was speaking to a friend of mine today that has lived in HC for.ever. I was asking her for scoop on this case (she didn't have any). She had ZERO good to say about RM (from a personal and professional level) and his office. I asked her about corruption and cover up. She wasn't willing to say it was a definite probability, but she said she wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Also, I should add in case anyone wonders, she's a completely law-abiding citizen with multiple connections to LE.

IMO is it any wonder that this beloved gentleman is now missing for six (6) Months?! WTH has HCSO even accomplished in trying to work on this case? IMO they have failed this poor family in every way imaginable. Do the FBI, and TR, not see what is going on here? They just have to be seeing everything that we are seeing, right?! Oh my. All IMO as I have no other links to show the failings.

IMO is it any wonder that this beloved gentleman is now missing for six (6) Months?! WTH has HCSO even accomplished in trying to work on this case? IMO they have failed this poor family in every way imaginable. Do the FBI, and TR, not see what is going on here? They just have to be seeing everything that we are seeing, right?! Oh my. All IMO as I have no other links to show the failings.

Oh there's plenty of links to failings. But the real truth of the matter here is:

"Good Ole' Boy Network"

The weird thing is, though...... you woukd think they woukd have had michaels back. So why would they cover up or participate in his demise- 1. He went against them somehow (either as an agency or one of the members)
2. They are more loyal to someone else that wanted him harmed
3. Investigating his disappearance/ death would uncover something else
4. He stood in the way of something they wanted

Why else?

The weird thing is, though...... you would think they would have had Michael's back. So why would they cover up or participate in his demise-

1. He went against them somehow (either as an agency or one of the members)
2. They are more loyal to someone else that wanted him harmed
3. Investigating his disappearance/ death would uncover something else
4. He stood in the way of something they wanted

Why else?

Jesus! Sorry, I typically try not to swear. IMO this has to make this scary as (fill your word here) for anyone living, or working, in that County. I would use 'hell', if that's not against TOS. H, E, Double Hockey Sticks for any of us from the 60s and 70s.

O/T (This year marks my 40th year since graduating High School. 1977. We have lost some classmates to typical life. We never had any of us go missing. But, if we had, many of us would have jumped in to help.)

I would truly hope that if something nefarious is going on, someone has the courage to do the right thing here. FBI, Texas Rangers, are you hopefully aware of these goings on? Does this poor family have some sort of protection? A bodyguard, or two?

I cannot imagine someone out there cannot, or will not, stand up in honor of this gentle giant. There must be someone?!

Another idea just popped in. Depending on who we might think did this, and I guess some actually do have people in mind, it comes down to:

Why Did They Wait until that particular day? What guaranteed that Michael Chambers, would be alone at his home, that particular day? All IMHO and estimation, as always.

I really believe that something is seriously wrong with MC being 'gone', for these six (6) Months. What is incorrect with some of our ideas? Not all of them, as we have to have hit, on some of the clues. What have WE missed? MHO as ever.

It's an elected office . . . . so there will NEVER be an "outsider" voted in. :(

Not necessarily. In my tiny town, also in Texas, the school district ran the whole town. Everything was kept hush hush. Bullying and racism were swept under the rug. It took a couple of very bad things happening to make everyone realize what was going on. If your family hasn't been here since the beginning of time then your voice didn't matter. Funny thing though, the "city" decided we needed growth. What happens with growth? More outsiders than insiders. We are now able to fight back.

All they need is one person to run for sheriff that the people can trust. I hope they can figure out who that is and convince them to run.

Someone needs to remind the sheriff that he's elected by the people and works for the people.

IMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of Papaw today. I have no doubt he would be first in line to honor the 343 firefighters lost in the WTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV