Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if Brad Dunn really had a gun on him, seems a little too convenient, do we know who his lawyer is? I would love to hear what he has to say about Papaws disappearance, I believe he knows something!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any ideas on how or where to get a copy of his indictment? Anybody?

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

A man with his lifestyle would not put himself in the spot light of LE if he did not know something and want to help.
This was my line of thinking as well, until I learned rht he appeared to tweaking at the time. If that's the case I'm not sure if I still feel that wy.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Any ideas on how or where to get a copy of his indictment? Anybody?

I think you can get a copy of the court record on idocket.com. But it is down until the 18th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you can get a copy of the court record on idocket.com. But it is down until the 18th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you.

This was my line of thinking as well, until I learned rht he appeared to tweaking at the time. If that's the case I'm not sure if I still feel that wy.

But normally when one is “tweaking” they’d hide under a trailer house just because they thought the police might show up, they normally are very paranoid of everyone, they aren’t gonna run to the cops.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

But normally when one is “tweaking” they’d hide under a trailer house just because they thought the police might show up, they normally are very paranoid of everyone, they aren’t gonna run to the cops.

Good point

Praying that this new week brings answers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Do we know for certain if there was any cash in the shop or if there was any money in his truck or a safe in the house?

Do we know for certain if there was any cash in the shop or if there was any money in his truck or a safe in the house?

According to previous posts here at WS, nobody can really be certain that there was ANY cash in his wallet, and the notion that there was some and it was taken is pure speculation, based on his habit of always carrying some cash with him.

According to previous posts here at WS, nobody can really be certain that there was ANY cash in his wallet, and the notion that there was some and it was taken is pure speculation, based on his habit of always carrying some cash with him.

But if he was like most men with shops, I bet there was some cash in his shop.

But if he was like most men with shops, I bet there was some cash in his shop.

Haha, my husband has a shop & doesn’t keep cash there or his wallet for that matter. But he has a debit card, so that might be different if he didn’t have a debit card.

I am at a complete standstill in this whole case also. I am not sure what to think or which way to lean. There are so many scenarios and they all have missing pieces. We need a big break!

I wish we knew EXACTLY what the man said who went to the police. I am thinking there may be some interesting clues there. A different set of players and link some of what we are looking at, to make sense.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

So many scenarios are possible. I know that people don't want to seem to accept the fact that he *could* have walked away to a new life, but I guess that might be because his wife doesn't believe that. In her having him declared dead, she listed the reasons why. I still think suicide is a possible scenario but I know many won't believe that. The thing is, you never know what the true state of someone's mind is.
Some have suggested a robbery gone bad, but many don't think that true, because the lack of missing things and the fact that he is not found. Robberies gone bad usually end with the victim dead and present. Plus what robber locks up behind them, after taking nothing?

Kidnapping? No ransom request makes that unlikely.

A romantic rival? Possibly. Would someone kill him to be with his wife? It's happened before.

Walked off with amnesia? Could be. It's happened before.

One thing I always keep in mind is the saying, "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras."
What is the most logical scenario, when you take into consideration all that we know?

If you're making a chart with all of the possibilities (that we can think of) and putting facts under each 'theory' which theory has the most points in its column?

So many scenarios are possible. I know that people don't want to seem to accept the fact that he *could* have walked away to a new life, but I guess that might be because his wife doesn't believe that. In her having him declared dead, she listed the reasons why. I still think suicide is a possible scenario but I know many won't believe that. The thing is, you never know what the true state of someone's mind is.
Some have suggested a robbery gone bad, but many don't think that true, because the lack of missing things and the fact that he is not found. Robberies gone bad usually end with the victim dead and present. Plus what robber locks up behind them, after taking nothing?

Kidnapping? No ransom request makes that unlikely.

A romantic rival? Possibly. Would someone kill him to be with his wife? It's happened before.

Walked off with amnesia? Could be. It's happened before.

One thing I always keep in mind is the saying, "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras."
What is the most logical scenario, when you take into consideration all that we know?

If you're making a chart with all of the possibilities (that we can think of) and putting facts under each 'theory' which theory has the most points in its column?

Good post and point. May I ask what your chart would look like theoretically, which theory would your "chart" point too? I agree that there are some scenarios that just do not want to be discussed, like possible suicide. I do tend to wonder if he did in fact commit suicide then where could his body possibly be? That's the only thing that stops that theory in its tracks for me. At first I was definitely leaning towards leaving his life behind on his own, I've personally witnessed this happen in my life by a person close to me. A man a few years younger than pawpaw. He had a wonderful life on the outside, people thought he adored his wife and she him, great kids, beautiful grandchildren, the works. One day he vanished. Never came home from work. His family went to great lengths , almost as much as this family has to find him and assumed he was dead. Nope! He had met a younger woman and up and left everything he knew, moved to another state on a whim with her and that's all she wrote. Now, he did eventually reach out to his family and move back , but not without his new found love. I'm not saying this is what happened here but it has happened before. I don't believe robbery, I can't get on board with that one. It wouldn't even take much to get me onboard with some type of protective custody. I know that's super out there BUT RM did say he was possibly protecting his wife, his wife is absolutely silent in the case, sheriff won't look for him AND he was quickly declared dead. I'm sure that's not the case but that makes more sense to me with the facts than some other scenarios I've read.

Someone please clarify or show me the post pertaining to the location of the blood. I can't find the exact explanation made in this group by our VI.

I personally still think set-up. My problem is I'm not sure why. I think someone was waiting for him to return home. I wonder if the gun was used to control him until they could get him to a vehicle. (I also believe there were two people involved in getting him subdued.)

I have backed away from suicide because I think he would probably Would be close by seeing as he has had surgery on his knees to walk far. I really don't think he would have put his children through this much, he would have done it closer. IMO. Of course nothing is impossible. But, why come home if you were planning to commit suicide. I would have driven to the next county at least. That would not have made BC believe he was missing so quickly. I also think maybe he was harmed to get back @ BC for breaking up with them or something along those lines. And they wanted to get even with her.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I've not said anything as the family does not believe him capable of committing suicide but I've had some experience with this scenario in my family so it is an option I have thought about in Papaw's case.

Total devastation visited our family 30+ years ago. Our firefighter/paramedic was with the Los Angeles fire dept and the adjectives used to describe Papaw could all be applied to him too. Strong, kind, compassionate, playful, loving grandfather, father, husband. One of the most wonderful human beings I've ever known although I was related by marriage.

Sometimes after a cocktail his tongue would loosen up and he would talk about all the horror he had seen in his many years with the LA fire dept. He was a deeply compassionate man and you could tell it had left it's mark on him. Then he would shake those memories off and be his usual good-natured, humorous self.

He loved his wife beyond words. She asked he gave. She went to Hawaii one winter without him. She said they had a fight and he decided not to go with her. He had nothing to say about it...just that he didn't feel like going. Then one night while still in Hawaii she called panicked and asked us to go check their house and see if he was ok because he wasn't answering the phone. There was a note. He had to be found because he didn't want to mess up the house. Fortunately he was found rather quickly.

He had never even been invited to go to Hawaii with her. She had told him they needed time apart. He was grating on her nerves she said because he was retired and always around. But he had discovered she was having an affair and the boyfriend was in Hawaii with her. The boyfriend was also a good friend of his. He couldn't live without her the note said. So he chose not to live. Absolutely no one could believe he could kill himself.

The wife denied the boyfriend was in Hawaii with her but he was living in their house before the funeral even occurred. And she never remarried because she didn't want to lose his pension. This case has brought up a lot of memories for me...some very good ones and some really bad ones.

No offense to any family member reading here. Just wanted to share a personal tragedy that sometimes I still have a hard time believing actually happened.

MOD NOTE:

The "Bring PaPaw Home" Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

Any reference to any post or comment from the FB page will be removed.

Continuing to reference any post or comment from the FB page may result in a loss of posting privileges.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member