Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sitting here watching some stupid movie and just had an epiphany that could explain blood.
Tazer gun...the kind that shoots the dart-like prongs into you. It breaks the skin, and incapacitates you to the point you're not moving so no splatter.
Now the question for those with LE ties or knowledge....who, besides LE can get these? Joe B. Public?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

A criminal can get anything they want. I do know you can order tasers online though I don't know the legalities of it.

Im sitting here watching some stupid movie and just had an epiphany that could explain blood.
Tazer gun...the kind that shoots the dart-like prongs into you. It breaks the skin, and incapacitates you to the point you're not moving so no splatter.
Now the question for those with LE ties or knowledge....who, besides LE can get these? Joe B. Public?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Yes. A civilian can legally purchase and possess a taser.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I asked this of the investigator today via email, but thought I'd post it here and see if anyone knows someone working at Verizon??

Has the IMEI number on Papaw's phone been flagged? The IMEI is the number given by the phones maker only to that phone and holds information about that phone with the wireless carrier. It never changes so if the phone is stolen, the carrier knows to deactivate the phone by that number. So if his phone wasn't reported stolen, which I don't think it was, then his IMEI wouldn't be flagged and therefore would still work and perhaps the carrier can get some location information on it. Can you contact Verizon to find out if it can be traced or if it has been turned on under a different name or pre-paid service?

There is a website where you can check imei numbers I believe. I know I used one to make sure a used phone I was going to purchase was free and clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been following since day 1 here <modsnip>. Has the family ever mentioned if BC has done anything with his clothing from home? I know about the truck, etc., but suddenly wondered today about his household belongings.

Seems like quite a bit of blood for a taze, although I'm not an expert by any means. Still...worth considering.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

First you need to go to the police station in your area and file a FIR that your mobile phone is stolen. Then take the copy of this FIR and the IMEI number of your phone and contact the service provider of your phone. They will then help you track the mobile phone location.
Track & Block Lost / Stolen Mobile Phone Using IMEI Number - HackTrix
www.hacktrix.com/track-block-lost-stolen-mobile-phone-using-imei-number

First you need to go to the police station in your area and file a FIR that your mobile phone is stolen. Then take the copy of this FIR and the IMEI number of your phone and contact the service provider of your phone. They will then help you track the mobile phone location.

This is really good information!

Sure seems like it's information LE should be aware of and should have done from day one! It's like the family is having to fight tooth and nail for any info regarding that phone! Well, for any info, period... But especially the phone info!

Why is that? Why are they having to work so hard just to learn the right questions to ask, much less, to get the right answers?? That is LE's dang job!!

It's a very vulnerable feeling to loose all faith in your local LE. Lord, please let them be working behind the scenes a lot more than it appears!!

This is really good information!

Sure seems like it's information LE should be aware of and should have done from day one! It's like the family is having to fight tooth and nail for any info regarding that phone! Well, for any info, period... But especially the phone info!

Why is that? Why are they having to work so hard just to learn the right questions to ask, much less, to get the right answers?? That is LE's dang job!!

It's a very vulnerable feeling to loose all faith in your local LE. Lord, please let them be working behind the scenes a lot more than it appears!!

Well, IMO, HCSO is akin to the Keystone Kops. There is plenty of information on the internet about them to keep you busy reading and shaking your head for hours. Google. You won't be impressed, nor will you be surprised that Mr. Chambers hasn't been located yet.

Great googly moogly! Are we allowed to talk about a different missing person's case that is eerily similar to this one? Cause I just listened to a podcast that had me nearly driving off the road a few times. Going to search and see if there's an old thread here for the guy - happened in 2011.

Just read the article, and I wonder if there's really any way to find out at this date what the IMEI number of MC's phone was? I'd be surprised if he and his wife ever wrote down that number for future reference. I wonder if there might still be a way to get that info from the manufacturer? Hope so.

Just read the article, and I wonder if there's really any way to find out at this date what the IMEI number of MC's phone was? I'd be surprised if he and his wife ever wrote down that number for future reference. I wonder if there might still be a way to get that info from the manufacturer? Hope so.

I'm a "box keeper", so I just grabbed the box for my iPhone (which is what he had) and there is a sticker on the back with the serial number, IMEI/MEID number and other information for my current phone, which is a 6S Plus. So, at least as of two years ago, they were putting it on the box. I have my older iPhone box from my iPhone 4, and that lists it only as MEID, which from my quick browse, looks to be the same thing, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, if they still have the box, it should be on there. It also shows this number in my account online at Verizon. Which doesn't do any good in Papaw's case, since that device was removed from the account. Hmm...interesting. Could that have been the big rush to remove it? So there was no way to get that number to track it?

I have found out that the LISTED values in the assets are "Papaw's half" of things - still, that is a very low valuation on just about everything. I haven't yet gotten confirmation of whether she only has to deposit what is listed or half of the actual sale price, though - or if she is LIMITED to selling things for that amount.

The entire fair market value should be listed. And all other property, community and separate whether it’s being sold or not. The majority isn’t fair, nor is it market value. Do you know if she had an appraisal firm look over everything?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...2.html&usg=AFQjCNFS7IXx-1gPOz2qb-Kc20T4gzbqcw

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I'm a "box keeper", so I just grabbed the box for my iPhone (which is what he had) and there is a sticker on the back with the serial number, IMEI/MEID number and other information for my current phone, which is a 6S Plus. So, at least as of two years ago, they were putting it on the box. I have my older iPhone box from my iPhone 4, and that lists it only as MEID, which from my quick browse, looks to be the same thing, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, if they still have the box, it should be on there. It also shows this number in my account online at Verizon. Which doesn't do any good in Papaw's case, since that device was removed from the account. Hmm...interesting. Could that have been the big rush to remove it? So there was no way to get that number to track it?

I did wonder about info with original packaging for iPhones, so thanks. We have an iPhone as well, but I don't remember ever having a box.... I'll sheepishly add that hubs and I are not a well-organized pair :(

If that phone-specific # is listed on your Verizon online acct., couldn't the provider go back to locate it for MC's phone, even though the device was removed from account? Or does every bit of info for someone's account simply disappear for good?

I did wonder about info with original packaging for iPhones, so thanks. We have an iPhone as well, but I don't remember ever having a box.... I'll sheepishly add that hubs and I are not a well-organized pair :(

If that phone-specific # is listed on your Verizon online acct., couldn't the provider go back to locate it for MC's phone, even though the device was removed from account? Or does every bit of info for someone's account simply disappear for good?

Yes it would’ve be listed with Verizon, at work our guys are constantly breaking phones & that’s how Verizon switches/adds a phone to a line.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

in the country, it's common for people to "dump" their trash somewhere. I spent part of my childhood on the Walnut Cove Marina on Lake Tawakoni. We often had people dump their trash down a beaten path on the cove, near the RV park. (For those not local, this is a lot further south than the area near where Mr. Chambers lived). My question is, is there a common spot on the lake near his residence where trash was dumped? I looked on the overhead map and there are so many private drives leading to the lake that are just minutes away from his house.

There is a local organization in Big Sandy, TX called "ALERT ACADEMY" that does search and rescue and has a dive team. Unfortunately, they have to be invited in by law enforcement. I even sent a message to them a few weeks ago just to see if they had heard anything about the case, but never received a response.

I have just started really learning how to use this site, I don't know a thing about where to go find a previous post. How can you learn? I was referencing to someone stating now that they know about the lake, he is probably in it.

I have just started really learning how to use this site, I don't know a thing about where to go find a previous post. How can you learn? I was referencing to someone stating now that they know about the lake, he is probably in it.
That may have been me. It seems the most logical place, sadly.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Yes, I was looking for you name. Could you help me as to where to view previous threads about MC. I didn't get on in the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState