Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not be the first to suggest this and I don’t mean to insult MC’s character in anyway but maybe he was having an affair. He was a nice looking, well liked man and would’ve had no problem attracting someone who made him feel loved and wanted.
BC’s affairs had to chip away at MC’s self esteem, making him vulnerable. There’s no doubt in my mind MC was a good man, but he was human.
I've wondered that too. A statement made by the PI, there are always 2 sides.

Maybe soon Suzy or CChambers could come join us and fill us in on the dynamic of the relationships with BC now.

I would love for CChambers to get verified because I think she has some good info. I read a little bit of info on Hunt County Theft Reports about JC2 that was intriguing about his mother’s involvement. I really feel it’s hard for these family members to hold their tongues as I know it would be for me.

I just have to wonder, if you blindside the children over the sell of the house, belongings, death certificates etc, do you really think you will have any one to back you up at the end of the day? To take your side and see your stance on the situation. Can anyone truly believe she is completely innocent?!! Me just rambling...

Yes, it would be helpful if CChambers became a VI.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

https://apps.americanbar.org/litiga...al-rules-litigating-court-public-opinion.html

Just a thought here. I may be way out in left field on this ( I am not a legal expert, by any means ) but do you think MC's family may have a legal team that is now advising them to not comment about the case on public internet forums? I realize their P.I. is not a lawyer, but I wonder if the family may have hired one to represent their interests? Would that be common knowledge if they had?

The article above is titled: "Ethical Rules for Litigating in the Court of Public Opinion"

It is full of legalese ( which I could not fully comprehend ) and it's directed to lawyers about the legal implications of speaking out in public in an ongoing investigation.

The main gist of the article is the prevention of prejudicing potential jury members. I didn't see direct mention of the victim's 'family members' per se, but to me, it would make sense if a lawyer, by extension, might want to apply the 'rules' to them too. Family members may have more inside information than the public.

With all that is swirling around about this case particularly, and questions about how it's been handled, I could see a couple of potential future trials. So wouldn't surprise me if MC's family members have been advised to stay quiet. Not to even risk it.

I know they have spoken to the media, wonderful interviews in fact. But perhaps those are done under legal advisement too. I don't know. Maybe easier to release information in a planned interview than risk an unguarded moment on a forum like this one.

Then of course, I could be completely off base too.

I do little social media, so I'm not sure where/if they are commenting. Maybe they, as a family, all got together and made the decision on their own as to which social media they would feel most comfortable.

Regardless, I hope the whole family knows how much we all care. We want PaPaw found, the truth revealed, and justice done.

We are here. We will never go away! We will keep asking questions and demanding answers.

"Knock, knock, knocking on your door, Sheriff Meeks..."

JMO

https://apps.americanbar.org/litiga...al-rules-litigating-court-public-opinion.html

Just a thought here. I may be way out in left field on this ( I am not a legal expert, by any means ) but do you think MC's family may have a legal team that is now advising them to not comment about the case on public internet forums? I realize their P.I. is not a lawyer, but I wonder if the family may have hired one to represent their interests? Would that be common knowledge if they had?

The article above is titled: "Ethical Rules for Litigating in the Court of Public Opinion"

It is full of legalese ( which I could not fully comprehend ) and it's directed to lawyers about the legal implications of speaking out in public in an ongoing investigation.

The main gist of the article is the prevention of prejudicing potential jury members. I didn't see direct mention of the victim's 'family members' per se, but to me, it would make sense if a lawyer, by extension, might want to apply the 'rules' to them too. Family members may have more inside information than the public.

With all that is swirling around about this case particularly, and questions about how it's been handled, I could see a couple of potential future trials. So wouldn't surprise me if MC's family members have been advised to stay quiet. Not to even risk it.

I know they have spoken to the media, wonderful interviews in fact. But perhaps those are done under legal advisement too. I don't know. Maybe easier to release information in a planned interview than risk an unguarded moment on a forum like this one.

I do little social media, so I'm not sure where/if they are commenting. Maybe they, as a family, all got together and made the decision on their own as to which social media they would feel most comfortable.

Regardless, I hope the whole family knows how much we all care. We want PaPaw found, the truth revealed, and justice done.

We are here. We will never go away! We will keep asking questions and demanding answers.

JMO
Yes, I think you are correct. When it started as a missing person's case, I don't think it was such an issue. But now, my natural inclination would be to tell them to stay silent. That's not optimal for us at WebSlueths (because
I like to know what is what) but I do believe it best for the family and all those involved.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

JMO

The PI firm does have an in-house legal counsel that CAN advise clients on how to best handle particular situations regarding the case that the firm has been hired for.

Playing devil’s advocate here, but what is it that they’re supposed to speak out on, or about? Yes, it’s great to have an update from a family member, but at the end of the day, what do they owe us? We’re here to help. We’re not here for any type of gain. The family didn’t ask us to participate in this tragedy. We aren’t obligated or entitled to anything whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I drove down I30 today from Louisiana and saw the large billboard for Michael. Made me sad for his family just wanting answers.

The PI firm does have an in-house legal counsel that CAN advise clients on how to best handle particular situations regarding the case that the firm has been hired for.

Playing devil’s advocate here, but what is it that they’re supposed to speak out on, or about? Yes, it’s great to have an update from a family member, but at the end of the day, what do they owe us? We’re here to help. We’re not here for any type of gain. The family didn’t ask us to participate in this tragedy. We aren’t obligated or entitled to anything whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do agree, Save, although in a sense, some family did ask the public for help. Family members that set up the social media page, those that have posted here, newspaper and other media interviews, etc. We , the public, make our choices as to how we wish to support or help, and I know they do appreciate the brainstorming, ideas, donations, and yes, thoughts and prayers.

That being said, I do NOT think they owe the public certain information. Information that would serve no purpose in finding Papaw, or info that might ruin someone's private or career life, for no reason at all. Also, of course, we will never be entitled to any info that could jeopardize an ongoing, criminal investigation.

I don't think it takes much for that. When Missy Bevers was murdered, LE had SW for all the last folks to have contact with her. There were 8 I think listed on one warrant, husband, in-laws, boyfriends, their wives. I think for a missing person that should be true too. And tower dump as well.

Thanks for that info. I hope there may have been some SW for others- phones, then, but Missy Bevers was a murder case right off the bat, and Papaw's case being a missing person's case might hinder the use of SWs. Does anyone know?

All day I keep thinking back to what was on the conveyor belt. Another case I followed, the lady comitted suicide by taking a bunch of diphenhydramine (benadryl), which is in almost every sleep aid. I don't think he committed suicide,but it made me want to relook at the photo and compare to sleep aids, rather than cold medicine, that we weren't able to match.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

All day I keep thinking back to what was on the conveyor belt. Another case I followed, the lady comitted suicide by taking a bunch of diphenhydramine (benadryl), which is in almost every sleep aid. I don't think he committed suicide,but it made me want to relook at the photo and compare to sleep aids, rather than cold medicine, that we weren't able to match.

Gah! I can't tell you how many hours I spent early on looking at those pics of the conveyor belt. I'm still not sure if the unidentified item is a clue or not. On one hand, cold meds seem pretty routine. But...with all the secrecy about the item and with it being revealed a cold med, or analgesic as we were told, it makes one wonder...

Gah! I can't tell you how many hours I spent early on looking at those pics of the conveyor belt. I'm still not sure if the unidentified item is a clue or not. On one hand, cold meds seem pretty routine. But...with all the secrecy about the item and with it being revealed a cold med, or analgesic as we were told, it makes one wonder...
I know!! And the fact that it kept crossing my mind yesterday made me again wonder if it holds any clues. For example, now that we know about the boyfriends, if he left a box of condoms with the mascara and "disappeared", it would feel more of a self choice. If it was his usual cold medicine, it would feel less likely to be his choice. ALERT! These are not stated to be the actual items. These are just items I'm naming, as an example. Lol. I can see that being the next rumor.

So you're thinking that he could taken a sleep aid, rode a bike to a bridge and jumped? Or?

If he had taken a sleep aid, wouldn't he be found by now? Somewhere?

So you're thinking that he could taken a sleep aid, rode a bike to a bridge and jumped? Or?

Ahhhhh a fellow sarcasamer😉 this is a big reason I don’t believe suicide is an option in his case. He would be found by now!!! If he tied concrete blocks to his ankles and jumped then maybe it would be harder for him to surface but even then, eventually parts would rise to the top of the water. Perfectl example- Laci Peterson and her unborn child. It took awhile, but she was found. I hate to go in to more detail but you get my drift!

No, I dont, at all! I don't think his case has anything to do with suicide or a bike. BUT, I think it would help know why it's still an option for others, if we knew what was on there. IF he was going to take it, he would get to the place, then take it. Although, that would explain the drunken circus clown on a bike pace, if he took it first! Hahahah. I have always said that people who commit suicide are found. They definitely don't jump over a bridge that is a height people would jump for fun and take a bike with him, to never resurface again. So, don't take my curiosity as evidence that I'm buying into the crazy story. It's just a way to look at all the pieces.

Also wanted to throw in that the silence from the family(atleast here) gives me hope they are closer to finding answers. I tend to believe they are confident in Klein’s ability and he is on to something and they feel a tad peaceful right now that justice is coming.... atleast that’s what I want to believe!

No, I dont, at all! I don't think his case has anything to do with suicide or a bike. BUT, I think it would help know why it's still an option for others, if we knew what was on there. IF he was going to take it, he would get to the place, then take it. Although, that would explain the drunken circus clown on a bike pace, if he took it first! Hahahah. I have always said that people who commit suicide are found. They definitely don't jump over a bridge that is a height people would jump for fun and take a bike with him, to never resurface again. So, don't take my curiosity as evidence that I'm buying into the crazy story. It's just a way to look at all the pieces.

Completely get where you are coming from but I do believe that if the other item he bought at Walmart was opened and some medication was taken, they would make that public knowledge. Especially if he was taking a medicine for suicidal purposes. Meeks would be thrilled to throw that info out there to make his theory more plausabile. IMO

Completely get where you are coming from but I do believe that if the other item he bought at Walmart was opened and some medication was taking, they would make that public knowledge. Especially if he was taking a medicine for suicidal purposes. Meeks would be thrilled to throw that info out there to make his theory more plausabile. IMO
That is true, but I guess my brain is more wondering if the box was at home, put away, missing all together...... I don't mean to bring it back up because we looked at it for so long! It's just been on my mind again, for some reason. Wondering if it will give insight. It seemed so unimportant, but now, maybe it's actually not. The biggest mystery is why can't we match the product!!! There is an insanely good sleuther on the child sex abuse interpol thread. We need to ask him to match it for us!

Completely get where you are coming from but I do believe that if the other item he bought at Walmart was opened and some medication was taken, they would make that public knowledge. Especially if he was taking a medicine for suicidal purposes. Meeks would be thrilled to throw that info out there to make his theory more plausabile. IMO

I agree. Or if it was something that throw shade on MC I think the Sheriff would have shared it already. So I really *do* think its nothing.

I have no idea how to find the post, but IIRC our original VI confirmed that it was a cold medicine for HPB patients. (based on my memory only, so take that for what it's worth). MMO/MOO

The problem is you wouldn't know if he had taken it or if it was all part of the staging. We don't know if he was asked to buy it, when and why. Neither does Meeks. Maybe she asked him that morning to get her a sleep aid but when asked by LE she said, no I don't know why he bought that. Much of what Meeks believes is based on her word. But we already know she's a cheater so lying is 2nd nature.
Meeks feels he has some evidence that MC was depressed enough to be suicidal. But was that evidence staged as well? Texts, phone calls, blood, sleep aid and a missing bike? It would be as simple as taking his phone and sending messages and calls back and forth before tossing it in the lake. Meeks sees it as evidence of his state of mind. But the only thing he knows is that the phone last pinged at the bridge. Who had it is unknown because he didn't try to find out.

I'm sorry, I had to chuckle at the thought of Mr. Chambers, well over 6 ft., zoned out on cold meds, riding a mountain bike at a consistent very slow speed for hours with only one stop, at the top of a hill.
And NOBODY seeing this! That would have been a Youtube video gone viral. Puh-leeeeze.
I hope to God there is something in progress here, because I'm getting angrier by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste