Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opioid abuse is so prevalent it's hard to rule something like that out. I have always thought the meds purchased that day might be part of this. Drug theft is also prevalent in nurses. A 60 yr old woman with younger men interested in her, honestly there are going to be reasons other than her being hot. Maybe access to controlled substances. If it's possible the blood in the garage was staged, other areas of the house, the items in the bathroom, then it's possible he was being staged too. Maybe he was depressed for 3 weeks or she planted evidence to make it seem that way. Maybe she worried she would have to explain missing drugs and was setting things up to blame it on him which she could only do if he is dead. Just speculating. It's possible he had been taking pain meds for his knees, and experiencing depression, and she actually had reason to take prescribed pain meds. So maybe the meds purchased that day are legit, but SM thought he had evidence that MC was depressed. I would like to know more about that.

I might be misunderstanding your post, so please feel free to correct me if I am.

You wrote '...meds purchased that day might be part of this...' ( referring to opiate abuse. )

The only med though I read about being purchased that day was the questionable small purple box on the Walmart conveyor belt. The VI said it was an allergy med for people with high blood pressure (for which I provided that link in a past post. )

If that is the one you are referring to, it could not have contained opiates.

Opiates are controlled drugs, sold only through the pharmacy itself, where they are rung up, and paid for separately from other purchases.

They would never be handed to a person by the pharmacy employee, and then be directed to go have it rung up by a regular cashier.

The only medication that would go through the regular cashier is over the counter ones only.

As for the prevalence of drug thefts among nurses, it IS a major concern for hospitals and employers. Despite ever increasing stringent controls by all employers, a chemically dependent nurse can always find a way to do so.

Fortunately, in my nursing career I've been aware of only a handful of nurses who were involved in drug thefts. They faced criminal charges as well as losing their nursing licenses.

Not saying losing their licenses was the worst part. Dealing with criminal charges are another whole ball game for sure, but losing their nursing licenses would be catastrophic too.

That license represents such a tremendous investment of knowledge and hard work. It is the key to employment! I can't imagine any nurse not aware of those consequences.

With that said though, anyone chemically impaired has likely lost the ability to reason out and see the big picture. Addiction does not respect IQ level, education, standing in the community, etc.

So you may be right about your hypothesis. However, I'm hesitant myself to go there. It's one thing in my mind to question some of her decisions, ( personally wondering if she discovered something about MC's disappearance after the fact. ) It's another to jump to stealing drugs. Just my opinion.

A broken wrist may have required opiates for pain relief, or it may have not. I had a broken ankle and got by with over the counter pain meds. ( The two opiate tablets I took made me nauseated. )

BC might have too. Even if she did take them as prescribed, that doesn't automatically mean she would have become addicted to them, or would have progressed to becoming involved in drug thefts. That's quite a leap in my opinion. Just saying.

Personally, I can't go to drug thefts without probable reason to do so..

My personal thoughts only. Others may feel there are reasons to feel differently..

JMO

This may very well be the case:

I just looked at the property tax information for their home in Quinlan from 2016.

Under “Property Values,” it says the “Market Value” of the property is $236,650.

One half of that is $118,325, the exact number listed as the value of the property on the inventory sheet.

So perhaps BC used the market value, as appraised by the county appraiser, in determining the value of the Quinlan property, and what is listed on the sheet is MC’s half:

c0df887eb752bc61f032cb7b01539a79.jpg

http://esearch.hunt-cad.org/Property/View/27571?year=2016

However,

1. If that was the case, wouldn’t the inventory sheet show the current mortgage balance (or half of it), likely under “Claims Owed to the Estate”?

2. Looking at their mortgage history, there is no record of the mortgage being paid off:

https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/search/DOCSEARCH149S1

If they did have mortgage credit life insurance and the payout was used to pay off the mortgage, surely, that would still be recorded with the county, yes?

It still feels like I’m missing something, though ... as usual ;).

Found this info on how credit life insurance works:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/can-buy-credit-life-insurance-home-mortgage-age-100398.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, I couldn't pull it (the mortgage) up.

Does it show the current balance?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

No bike on the inventory sheet ....
Well, if MC did what SM says he did, there would be no bike on the asset sheet because MC was with the bike. Forgive me if your comment was a joke.

Using a mortgage calculator I came up w/ the following:

I don't know the loan amt or the percentage they got but here it is for 15 years at 4% on 180,000

$1,334 per month (not including taxes)

Taxes at approx. $4500 a year comes out to $385.00 a month.

Currently at $1,719

Perhaps trash pickup is included at
$100 a month 1,819.00

Insurance for dwellings and cars:
Guessing here: $700 a month

My mtg. payments had all the above bundled into one

For a total mtg payment of $2,519.00

They had other expenses but for the sake of discussion, I'll just leave it with the possible mortgage amt.

I easily may have made a mistake.
But does anyone consider that high?
Honestly, I don't know.

Well, if MC did what SM says he did, there would be no bike on the asset sheet because MC was with the bike. Forgive me if your comment was a joke.

But Meeks said there were two bikes and only one was missing ....

Well, that makes sense then. He took his and left hers. Hers wouldn't be on his asset sheet. [emoji853]

I might be misunderstanding your post, so please feel free to correct me if I am.

You wrote '...meds purchased that day might be part of this...' ( referring to opiate abuse. )

The only med though I read about being purchased that day was the questionable small purple box on the Walmart conveyor belt. The VI said it was an allergy med for people with high blood pressure (for which I provided that link in a past post. )

If that is the one you are referring to, it could not have contained opiates.

Opiates are controlled drugs, sold only through the pharmacy itself, where they are rung up, and paid for separately from other purchases.

They would never be handed to a person by the pharmacy employee, and then be directed to go have it rung up by a regular cashier.

The only medication that would go through the regular cashier is over the counter ones only.

As for the prevalence of drug thefts among nurses, it IS a major concern for hospitals and employers. Despite ever increasing stringent controls by all employers, a chemically dependent nurse can always find a way to do so.

Fortunately, in my nursing career I've been aware of only a handful of nurses who were involved in drug thefts. They faced criminal charges as well as losing their nursing licenses.

Not saying losing their licenses was the worst part. Dealing with criminal charges are another whole ball game for sure, but losing their nursing licenses would be catastrophic too.

That license represents such a tremendous investment of knowledge and hard work. It is the key to employment! I can't imagine any nurse not aware of those consequences.

With that said though, anyone chemically impaired has likely lost the ability to reason out and see the big picture. Addiction does not respect IQ level, education, standing in the community, etc.

So you may be right about your hypothesis. However, I'm hesitant myself to go there. It's one thing in my mind to question some of her decisions, ( personally wondering if she discovered something about MC's disappearance after the fact. ) It's another to jump to stealing drugs. Just my opinion.

A broken wrist may have required opiates for pain relief, or it may have not. I had a broken ankle and got by with over the counter pain meds. ( The two opiate tablets I took made me nauseated. )

BC might have too. Even if she did take them as prescribed, that doesn't automatically mean she would have become addicted to them, or would have progressed to becoming involved in drug thefts. That's quite a leap in my opinion. Just saying.

Personally, I can't go to drug thefts without probable reason to do so..

My personal thoughts only. Others may feel there are reasons to feel differently..

JMO
I agree that there may be no reason to think she was involved in using or supplying drugs. I only mentioned the OTC meds in that perhaps they are all part of setting up evidence that MC was having problems that made him depressed. Or maybe one or the other really needed the medicine and it was ordinary. I do think it looked like a good match for the laxative.

I agree that there may be no reason to think she was involved in using or supplying drugs. I only mentioned the OTC meds in that perhaps they are all part of setting up evidence that MC was having problems that made him depressed. Or maybe one or the other really needed the medicine and it was ordinary. I do think it looked like a good match for the laxative.

I think she meant that the image was a laxative and opiods cause constipation, therefor a laxative is needed.

The way that I understand it is that they are whole values. For instance, if something is listed at $480, when it’s sold, BC will get $240, and then $240 would be put into the account of the court for MC’s half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I am thinking even tho she (or whoever) valued the estate low, when it SELLS she gives half of what she sells it for and MC's estate gets the other half. That would be ok...

The inventory is just listing things they have? Does that sound right or am I missing something?

I was wondering...and perhaps only family could answer, but I suspect MC was/is paying taxes on the land in Italy, too.

Also, was his retirement in any way adjusted for inflation?

It doesn't appear that they had any stocks or investments.

If I were to add up additional monthly expenses, I think it would show they may have been living paycheck to paycheck.

Absolutely no cash flow and as they both age, retirement doesn't adjust for inflation. What $2,000 used to buy now takes $4,000.00.

Why is this important? Money issues can create stress in a marriage. Again, theories can go either way. Murder, suicide or walk away.

I was wondering...and perhaps only family could answer, but I suspect MC was/is paying taxes on the land in Italy, too.

Also, was his retirement in any way adjusted for inflation?

It doesn't appear that they had any stocks or investments.

If I were to add up additional monthly expenses, I think it would show they may have been living paycheck to paycheck.

Absolutely no cash flow and as they both age, retirement doesn't adjust for inflation. What $2,000 used to buy now takes $4,000.00.

Why is this important? Money issues can create stress in a marriage. Again, theories can go either way. Murder, suicide or walk away.

There's a popular phrase....follow the money.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

It could be

cache.php
cache.php

The Allegra, I'm not sure.
I'll take a look later.

I'm so sorry ocgrad that I misunderstood your post. I was wondering if maybe I was missing something at the time. If I'm understanding you correctly now though, you're thinking that the over the counter meds could have been a set-up to add to the appearance MC was having problems that in and of themselves could have been even more reason for MC to feel depressed, as noted by the casual observer.

Something anyone could reference after his disappearance. I think I get it now. Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusions regarding BC and the opiates.

As for the match for the laxative box, I'm not so sure myself. I agree it looks similar but the Prunelax box looks different to me at the right side at the bottom. Where is the green leaf on the other one? The angle too of the leaf juts out way too far as compared to the box on the conveyor belt.

The one on the conveyor belt has a distinct white thick line rising straight upward in the middle from the bottom of the box, at the same location where the green leaf is on the Prunelax box. That thick line appears to curve over toward the right too. I don't see that in the Prunelax box at all.

To me they are different. But maybe it's just the vagueness of the photo on the conveyor belt. I even wondered if it could be the generic brand instead for the Prunelax, but it didn't really look much different to me than this.

So, that's just my opinion. Since the VI got her information from BC, I'm not really certain what it is, but I still don't really think it was a big deal either way. Although I do get what you're saying. That does make sense if there was any staging.

Thanks again, I appreciate your clarification too of what I had misunderstood...

JMO

Wow! That box is almost identical to the box on the belt in the picture.
My friend has taken opiate pain medication for knee and back pain, along with a stool softener, daily for years. From what I understand it’s a common combination.

Wow! That box is almost identical to the box on the belt in the picture.
My friend has taken opiate pain medication for knee and back pain, along with a stool softener, daily for years. From what I understand it’s a common combination.

You may be correct too. Just shows we all see different things when we look at the same image...

JMO

Meeks said there were two bikes? I was never able to watch the video interview he did but thought I read a fairly complete transcript, more or less.

This may very well be the case:

I just looked at the property tax information for their home in Quinlan from 2016.

Under “Property Values,” it says the “Market Value” of the property is $236,650.

One half of that is $118,325, the exact number listed as the value of the property on the inventory sheet.

So perhaps BC used the market value, as appraised by the county appraiser, in determining the value of the Quinlan property, and what is listed on the sheet is MC’s half:

c0df887eb752bc61f032cb7b01539a79.jpg

http://esearch.hunt-cad.org/Property/View/27571?year=2016

However,

1. If that was the case, wouldn’t the inventory sheet show the current mortgage balance (or half of it), likely under “Claims Owed to the Estate”?

2. Looking at their mortgage history, there is no record of the mortgage being paid off:

https://hunttx-recorder.tylerhost.net/web/search/DOCSEARCH149S1

If they did have mortgage credit life insurance and the payout was used to pay off the mortgage, surely, that would still be recorded with the county, yes?

It still feels like I’m missing something, though ... as usual ;).

Found this info on how credit life insurance works:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/can-buy-credit-life-insurance-home-mortgage-age-100398.html

An outstanding mortgage balance owed by the Chambers wouldn't be "claims owed the estate." That would be a claim the estate owes. There are quite a few instances whereby a decendent may have been holding a mortgage for someone else. For example, my dad had sold some acreage to a neighbor farmer and held the mortgage for them and received the monthly payments for it- all drawn up by an attorney. When dad died, my sister and I continued to receive those monthly payments for the land until the mortgage was paid off, as that was a claim owed to the estate.

I’m seriously thinking that’s the case. In vehicles, it’s called “credit life” here in TX. Not sure what it’s called with a mortgage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's simply called mortgage insurance, or PMI. We were required to carry that when we bought our first home, under a now-defunct state mortgage program, but were able to ditch it after a while. Here in NYS, most people avoid having PMI because it's quite an added expense. If the Chambers had it, I'd think the mortgage lien would have been paid and vacated long before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn