Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up reading here.

My .02 is that there are more involved than just the cheating wife... so maybe there are others who wanted Michael gone ? What did he know ?

I've always thought it was MC himself who removed his DL from his wallet, and made sure the shop, house, and his truck were all locked up. Leaving his keys inside the shop told me he knew he wasn't coming home. I tried and tried, but have had a terribly hard time coming up with a good theory that someone with evil intent abducted him. What criminal would allow MC to do those things- put the WalMart items in the house, place his keys and wallet in their normal place, remove his DL from wallet, and lock everything up tight?

I think Papaw is/was one of the very best examples of a godly, loving, heroic man out there, but even a man like that can have his human problems. I don't think he was a man to really let on to friends and family if he was struggling emotionally. He may have had a confidant, but I sincerely think his wife was one, regardless of her own later in life struggles. She at least probably would have known he may have been recently depressed.

I think MC loved his wife with all his being, and did NOT want to lose her at this stage in his life, being 70 years old. I imagine he talked to her, tried whatever he could, but possibly saw himself losing her any way. That does not at all mean he didn't love his children and grands and relatives and families any less. I think it's possible thoughts of leaving on his own, in one way or another, had been crossing his mind. I imagine that particular day, after returning from WalMart, he decided to leave. Meeks does clarify he did not intend to state that MC definitely jumped into the lake after getting there on a bike, because there's no definitive proof of that. If we'd known earlier of a missing bike, and the cell phone tracking, then for me, personally, everything tied in. I'm sure those things were held back because it's still been an open investigation.

Let's see where this goes, and what else may come out.

I do not believe anything out of Sheriff Meeks mouth. If he said it was raining I would need to go outside and verify. I think he is in CYA mode.

I do not believe anything out of Sheriff Meeks mouth. If he said it was raining I would need to go outside and verify. I think he is in CYA mode.

I just think it’s bizarre that he’s boxing himself into this narrow theory a year later. He was better off with his vague statements that he didn’t know what had happened. This is weirdly specific and strange.

I've always thought it was MC himself who removed his DL from his wallet, and made sure the shop, house, and his truck were all locked up. Leaving his keys inside the shop told me he knew he wasn't coming home. I tried and tried, but have had a terribly hard time coming up with a good theory that someone with evil intent abducted him. What criminal would allow MC to do those things- put the WalMart items in the house, place his keys and wallet in their normal place, remove his DL from wallet, and lock everything up tight?

I think Papaw is/was one of the very best examples of a godly, loving, heroic man out there, but even a man like that can have his human problems. I don't think he was a man to really let on to friends and family if he was struggling emotionally. He may have had a confidant, but I sincerely think his wife was one, regardless of her own later in life struggles. She at least probably would have known he may have been recently depressed.

I think MC loved his wife with all his being, and did NOT want to lose her at this stage in his life, being 70 years old. I imagine he talked to her, tried whatever he could, but possibly saw himself losing her any way. That does not at all mean he didn't love his children and grands and relatives and families any less. I think it's possible thoughts of leaving on his own, in one way or another, had been crossing his mind. I imagine that particular day, after returning from WalMart, he decided to leave. Meeks does clarify he did not intend to state that MC definitely jumped into the lake after getting there on a bike, because there's no definitive proof of that. If we'd known earlier of a missing bike, and the cell phone tracking, then for me, personally, everything tied in. I'm sure those things were held back because it's still been an open investigation.

Let's see where this goes, and what else may come out.
Yes, good post, Tripod.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

The whole locked shop and all that stuff, that is based off what BC told HCSO. There’s no proof either way. It’s her word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just think it’s bizarre that he’s boxing himself into this narrow theory a year later. He was better off with his vague statements that he didn’t know what had happened. This is weirdly specific and strange.

And what about the initial presser where he says foul play was believed to be involved? What happened to that theory?

I am just completely thrown for a loop with this release from Meeks. I’ve always though suicide was a great possibility, especially with the missing license. However, I also think that there would have been much easier ways to do self harm. Why would he ride a bike? Why not just drive his truck somewhere? I have had suspicions that’s the wife may have known indefinitely that he wasn’t coming home , whether it be there was an actual note he left, text message he sent or a private conversation between the two. People who love their children and grandchildren commit suicide every single day. It’s a battle and at the time I would imagine one would see no other way out. I just can’t wrap my head around it. Would t he have surfaced near the bridge by now? Where is the bicycle if this is true? So many questions! I just wish he would be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what about the initial presser where he says foul play was believed to be involved? What happened to that theory?

Yep. I was just searching for that presser transcript. Something like, "We know he didn't leave on his own free will." (paraphrasing)

And what about the initial presser where he says foul play was involved? What happened to that theory?

I have no idea. I think when ID showed up to film “Disappeared”, Meeks suddenly realized he didn’t want to be filmed saying, “We have no idea what happened and we’ve only done two searches in the past year.”

But how he landed on this new story that Michael rode to the bridge on a bicycle nobody realized was missing for over a year and then jumped off the bridge is perplexing to say the least.

Exactly! I just don’t see what all of a sudden he puts this matter of fact theory out into the universe! It makes it look as if “someone” is covering something up more now than ever.

I’m just all over the place with this. I can’t lean one way or the other.

I am just completely thrown for a loop with this release from Meeks. I’ve always though suicide was a great possibility, especially with the missing license. However, I also think that there would have been much easier ways to do self harm. Why would he ride a bike? Why not just drive his truck somewhere? I have had suspicions that’s the wife may have known indefinitely that he wasn’t coming home , whether it be there was an actual note he left, text message he sent or a private conversation between the two. People who love their children and grandchildren commit suicide every single day. It’s a battle and at the time I would imagine one would see no other way out. I just can’t wrap my head around it. Would t he have surfaced near the bridge by now? Where is the bicycle if this is true? So many questions! I just wish he would be found.

I will admit, and some of you know, that I have always thought suicide was an option. If there had been an authenticated note, or they'd found his body, or his wife had come out and said that, heck at anytime over the past YEAR, I might have been swayed.

But we can poke a dozen holes in this, at least.
The bridge was 'around' 20 miles away. Meeks stated that he was going 2.5 MPH, and that is why they figured out he was on a bike. So, if you are only going 2.5 MPH and you have 20 miles to go, that would take 8 hours! This man with bad knees was out riding his bike for 8 hours and nobody saw him? That'd mean he was still hours away from the damn bridge when the police were called.

Questions:
1. Who told LE there was a bike missing? More importantly, WHEN did they learn this?
2. I'd love to know if BC has sat down with his children and told them 'her theory'?
3. Did she tell them about this missing bike long ago?
4. Did she tell them about his depression?
5. Was he on meds for depression? If he was so down that he was suicidal, and someone knew that he was deeply depressed, surely he'd have been put on meds, seen a counselor, etc? Or if he refused, his loving wife would surely have reached out to his children for help, right?
6. If he was depressed and if she knew it, why would she not have checked in on him during the day? Especially on her first day leaving him alone to go back to work?
7. Why wait until now to bring up the bike to the public? That would have been a GREAT item for searchers to look for, right?
8. If he was so unhappy with her that he'd end his life, don't you think he'd have changed his will to see to it that she didn't get every single penny like she did?

I think they can now miraculously find his body. And of course it will be too far gone to declare cause and manner of death. So, everyone is off the hook.
All explained and wrapped up with a pretty bow. Made of money.

ETA: All of the above is IMO. Just wanted to add that. :)

I will admit, and some of you know, that I have always thought suicide was an option. If there had been an authenticated note, or they'd found his body, or his wife had come out and said that, heck at anytime over the past YEAR, I might have been swayed.

The bridge was 'around' 20 miles away. Meeks stated that he was going 2.5 MPH, and that is why they figured out he was on a bike. So, if you are only going 2.5 MPH and you have 20 miles to go, that would take 8 hours! This man with bad knees was out riding his bike for 8 hours and nobody saw him? That'd mean he was still hours away from the damn bridge when the police were called.

Questions:
1. Who told LE there was a bike missing? More importantly, WHEN did they learn this?
2. I'd love to know if BC has sat down with his children and told them 'her theory'?
5. Was he on meds for depression? If he was so down that he was suicidal, and someone knew that he was deeply depressed, surely he'd have been put on meds, seen a counselor, etc? Or if he refused, his loving wife would surely have reached out to his children for help, right?
6. If he was depressed and if she knew it, why would she not have checked in on him during the day? Especially on her first day leaving him alone to go back to work?
7. Why wait until now to bring up the bike to the public? That would have been a GREAT item for searchers to look for, right?
8. If he was so unhappy with her that he'd end his life, don't you think he'd have changed his will to see to it that she didn't get every single penny like she did?

I think they can now miraculously find his body. And of course it will be too far gone to declare cause and manner of death. So, everyone is off the hook.

I have never thought he committed suicide. But, I think the pressure is on and now it will be on National tv. I don't believe one word of this statement. But, like you, if they find his body, I will not be surprised. I feel terrible for Mr. Chambers and his family.
Just my opinion.

Questions:

ETA: All of the above is IMO. Just wanted to add that. :)

I can always count on you to bring me back full circle and see the bigger picture. Thank you for this post. You’re right!

Now they can miraculously find a body. This theory and Meeks words have traveled fast. His intention is to create doubt in all those still searching for Michael.

Now they can miraculously find a body. This theory and Meeks words have traveled fast. His intention is to create doubt in all those still searching for Michael.

Somebody better keep an eye on that bridge from here on out. Wouldn’t be surprised if something suddenly get dumped there to be found.

Omg never thought of that. Wow if that actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13