Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any info on this guy? I completely missed his existence.

I was thinking he was talking about the first PI, Mr. Brad***w. He’s still working on the case apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But would SM or OI have given the family those phone records? They shouldn't. That would be an invasion of privacy. No one should be allowed to see them except LE.

And that money in the garage. Did police seize it?!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
I agree, Klein would get his own records. It would probably be illegal for LE to give them to a PI without the person's release.
I have wondered how Klein knew of the money in the garage.
They didn't seem to treat the garage like a crime scene, they didn't seize the gun there. Klein felt BC had provided misinformation regarding the urgent need for having him declared dead so things could be sold for needed cash to pay bills. So I believe he felt she had access to that cash or other funds the family didn't know about. The cash was seized or the daughter who recommended selling the Mustang didn't know about it. So how did Klein know? Maybe as someone mentioned through FOI records pertinent to the investigation. Why wasn't money listed on the inventory statement? So many questions about that money.

Does anyone else feel like the more answers we get, the more bizarre this case gets? Answers are supposed to help, not create more questions.

I agree, Klein would get his own records. It would probably be illegal for LE to give them to a PI without the person's release.
I have wondered how Klein knew of the money in the garage.
They didn't seem to treat the garage like a crime scene, they didn't seize the gun there. Klein felt BC had provided misinformation regarding the urgent need for having him declared dead so things could be sold for needed cash to pay bills. So I believe he felt she had access to that cash or other funds the family didn't know about. The cash was seized or the daughter who recommended selling the Mustang didn't know about it. So how did Klein know? Maybe as someone mentioned through FOI records pertinent to the investigation. Why wasn't money listed on the inventory statement? So many questions about that money.

If I were to have a large pile of cash in a safe, it might be because I didn't want to pay taxes on profits from the sale of stuff. Perhaps it was difficult to get this money back in the banking system without paying substantial taxes? There certainly are other reasons to have cash, but most of them aren't that great.

My spouse did go missing several years ago. I don’t think I was able to even count the number of times I called his phone. Called, texted, Facebook messaged.... Him, his relatives, his friends, the neighbors up and down the street... Called the hospital and the jail. It was the next morning before I went to the Sheriffs Office, and reported him missing. I repeatedly called his phone for a couple of days afterwards until it went dead.

BC sending a couple of texts, and making a couple of calls to MC’s phone just blows my mind. And that nonchalant call to 911? Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes! She called 911 pretty darn fast for a healthy adult male missing for only three hours....or less than 1 hour, depending on the real timeline verses the first one she gave. I wonder what her excuse was for saying she got home around 6 and then having that change to hours earlier.
That whole day is filled with one fabrication after another. How in the world did HCSO not call this a criminal case so fast into the investigation? They SHOULD be embarrassed.

I agree, and Klein said he believes the actions of HCSO are not nefarious but based on embarrassment.
Good queation, how would Klein even get records from HCSO? I doubt they would just give them to him, he would have to subpoena, right? I believe there has to be a case filed in court and then the PI can subpoena various records.

According to our VI SM only had the messages she gave him, which did NOT include BC’s iMessages. He would have had to subpoena to get them and wouldn’t go there. I’m wondering if the messages Klein is talking about are the iMessages. Hopefully they are.

If I were to have a large pile of cash in a safe, it might be because I didn't want to pay taxes on profits from the sale of stuff. Perhaps it was difficult to get this money back in the banking system without paying substantial taxes? There certainly are other reasons to have cash, but most of them aren't that great.
But from the way I understood it, it was in a box. Not a safe. Maybe he had a habit of squirreling money away so BC wouldn't be aware of how he was using it. Maybe he used that money strictly for his car rebuilding and it was no business of anyone's but his.

According to our VI SM only had the messages she gave him, which did NOT include BC’s iMessages. He would have had to subpoena to get them and wouldn’t go there. I’m wondering if the messages Klein is talking about are the iMessages. Hopefully they are.
I remember our VI saying SM took everyone's phones (including both sons) and the family computer. I have a hard time believing SM would be that incompetent. Or being led around by the nose by BC.

I remember our VI saying SM took everyone's phones (including both sons) and the family computer. I have a hard time believing SM would be that incompetent. Or being led around by the nose by BC.

He did, but iMessages don’t show up on the records. You have to get permission from the court. Our VI stated this multiple times. And Meeks has been incompetent through this entire case imo. Look how they handled the garage. Look at the ridiculous bike story. Look at all the inconsistencies that have come out. Is it really that surprising?

There are plenty of people, especially in that generation, who keep cash stashed in places like that. Lots of folks prefer to be in "charge" of their own money that way, instead of having it all in a bank.

Of course there are reasons for someone to stash cash for nefarious purposes too, but just the fact that he had a box of cash doesn't give me pause.

(I do raise my eyebrows at the low-ball values put on his estate)

There are plenty of people, especially in that generation, who keep cash stashed in places like that. Lots of folks prefer to be in "charge" of their own money that way, instead of having it all in a bank.

Of course there are reasons for someone to stash cash for nefarious purposes too, but just the fact that he had a box of cash doesn't give me pause.

(I do raise my eyebrows at the low-ball values put on his estate)

Me neither. From her perspective, any $10,000 cash deposit or series of cash deposits that sum to $10,000 will trigger a suspicious activity report. A $5,000 deposit from someone that doesn't regularly make cash deposits may trigger one. The IRS is going to ask for an explanation.

I think you did it the only way possible but when I click on the grey box, I get a torn piece of paper looking thing.

I clicked on the title of the thread and it takes me directly to it. Have you tried that?

Me neither. From her perspective, any $10,000 cash deposit or series of cash deposits that sum to $10,000 will trigger a suspicious activity report. A $5,000 deposit from someone that doesn't regularly make cash deposits may trigger one. The IRS is going to ask for an explanation.
I'm confused about your explanation re MC's box of cash. Are you talking about what she would do with it?

I'm confused about your explanation re MC's box of cash. Are you talking about what she would do with it?

Yes. If she had $100,000 in cash or whatever the number is, getting that into the banking system in order to pay bills can create problems. Now, if she is able to show that the money was withdrawn from their accounts at some point, that is not a problem. If the money is from the sale of cars or being paid by the son-in-law in cash so SS, Medicare, Workman's comp, etc. can be avoided, might be a problem.

What can you do with a large amount of cash? Buy stuff from someone willing to accept cash (interestingly, most car dealerships will not accept cash because they don't want to do the reporting but a friend who deals with antique cars frequently buys and sells with cash, unreported) or slowly use it to pay for everyday things.

Yes. If she had $100,000 in cash or whatever the number is, getting that into the banking system in order to pay bills can create problems.
Maybe this was the unknown influx of cash used to pay off other people's debts?

Yes! She called 911 pretty darn fast for a healthy adult male missing for only three hours....or less than 1 hour, depending on the real timeline verses the first one she gave. I wonder what her excuse was for saying she got home around 6 and then having that change to hours earlier.
That whole day is filled with one fabrication after another. How in the world did HCSO not call this a criminal case so fast into the investigation? They SHOULD be embarrassed.
That was my red flag from the start. It's like she was working a plan from the start. No time to get home and change clothes and think about supper or laundry. Nothing normal.

I clicked on the title of the thread and it takes me directly to it. Have you tried that?
Thank you. I poked the wrong thing.

I don't know why anyone would ever put anything incriminating in writing.
IE: text, email or fb. Especially if you'd just murdered someone.

But that's just me being paranoid or as I like to say, highly aware. [emoji44][emoji4]

Thank you. I poked the wrong thing.

I don't know why anyone would ever put anything incriminating in writing.
IE: text, email or fb. Especially if you'd just murdered someone.

But that's just me being paranoid or as I like to say, highly aware. [emoji44][emoji4]

I think it depends on how long it was planned. A well planned scheme would not likely leave an Imessage trail. One that was thought of on the spur or in the heat of the moment would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse