Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t doubt it if BC intended to blow off inquiries into her phone records like she blew off talking to the media. Every post I read changes my mind but one thing I’m sure of is whoever is responsible underestimated how much interest MC’s disappearance would generate.

When I said lovey talking I just meant that they were talking or wanting to meet up, not talking for nefarious reasons. I didn't mean to imply it was phone sex or anything lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Imho... you rock!!! And I'm not gonna lie.... this board is filled with some real solid sleuthing! Makes me proud.

Also, I'm seeing the "texts" were seen, starting at 614. I'm still wondering about how many calls were made to him? If I came home and sig other wasn't there. I might text some, but I would Call 80 times before I called 911. If I knew my sig other was not in a position to answer the call and I was trying to look like I contacted him, I would text so I could show people what and when I texted. I might call and leave a message or 2, but a legit panic would have soooo many phone calls. Has anyone ever been worried about someone? Think something was wrong? Did you call like a stalker freak? I did. I think most would. I really want to know how many calls were made. And did they go on all night. Cause mine would. Boyfriend might get through at 530, but my phone woukd have called husband every 2 minutes from the night before. Unless I wasn't really looking for him.

Make sense?

My spouse did go missing several years ago. I don’t think I was able to even count the number of times I called his phone. Called, texted, Facebook messaged.... Him, his relatives, his friends, the neighbors up and down the street... Called the hospital and the jail. It was the next morning before I went to the Sheriffs Office, and reported him missing. I repeatedly called his phone for a couple of days afterwards until it went dead.

BC sending a couple of texts, and making a couple of calls to MC’s phone just blows my mind. And that nonchalant call to 911? Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know but after Michael went missing, boyfriend sure lied and said he hadn't talked to her in a year. So even knowing they probably looked at phone records, with Michael missing, he still lied. Is it possible they thought they were covering their phone calls? Like using *67 (dang, I think I just called myself old) or using one of those hiding apps. But it didn't cover like they thought. Cause even if they did nothing to Michael but were just lovey talking , when someone goes missing, that's not a good time to lie about not having phone contact. Knowing they probably pulled records. Unless you thought it wasn't going to show up and you could get away with the secret rendezvous talking.

I don’t think any of the people involved thought this case was going to get the attention that it has. And I don’t think any of the “friends with benefits” that could help cover things up expected KIC to show up.

Yes. But surely BC and the boyfriend knew their exchanged calls would be available for all to see. So why did they call each other? I mean, if it turns out they are the ones who killed MC, why were they so careless about calls to each other and so "meticulous" about other details? It doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
The answer to this would be in knowing whether those calls to boyfriend were on the phone data she printed and gave to HCSO. Remember VI said she gave them printed copy of her phone records. I think BC thought she would be able to control the evidence because of her relationship with LE. Whether she gave legit records to HC or doctored records I think she would have told BF. So if he thought he could say they had not talked then either he thought his number was not on there or he was using a burner phone that he thought could not be traced to him. But he "made some mistakes".

I would like to know if any other phones followed the same route as MCs did.
I can see the phone going quiet after work. She didn't want to be disturbed and what with being apart for a while they had some serious catching up to do.(I wonder if they met at bf's house or if they normally went to a hotel?)

BF doesn't sound like he's all that bright but I can see where he wouldn't want to admit to the phone calls. He had to know that would make him look really guilty. I doubt they were lovey talking.
But I can see a sense of panic in that,
"Oh my gosh! They're going to think I did it". Also, I wonder if that 6:30 call was "Did MC make it back home?"

If BC and BF went to all the trouble of having the phone somehow taken via bike, golf cart or whatever and then thrown in the lake, it doesn't seem like such a great plan to then call each other and yakkity yak.

And Meeks would have seen the phone calls too. Surely the bf and BC were interviewed then. And if not, why not?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

The answer to this would be in knowing whether those calls to boyfriend were on the phone data she printed and gave to HCSO. Remember VI said she gave them printed copy of her phone records. I think BC thought she would be able to control the evidence because of her relationship with LE. Whether she gave legit records to HC or doctored records I think she would have told BF. So if he thought he could say they had not talked then either he thought his number was not on there or he was using a burner phone that he thought could not be traced to him. But he "made some mistakes".
If that is the case, SM should be embarrassed. So how did Klein
get the phone records of BC and BF
if he didn't get them from SM?

My spouse did go missing several years ago. I don’t think I was able to even count the number of times I called his phone. Called, texted, Facebook messaged.... Him, his relatives, his friends, the neighbors up and down the street... Called the hospital and the jail. It was the next morning before I went to the Sheriffs Office, and reported him missing. I repeatedly called his phone for a couple of days afterwards until it went dead.

BC sending a couple of texts, and making a couple of calls to MC’s phone just blows my mind. And that nonchalant call to 911? Ridiculous.

Sorry for such a terrible thing to go through.
I think most people would respond the way you did with endless calls and texts to his phone plus family and friends.

If that is the case, SM should be embarrassed. So how did Klein
get the phone records of BC and BF
if he didn't get them from SM?

I agree, and Klein said he believes the actions of HCSO are not nefarious but based on embarrassment.
Good queation, how would Klein even get records from HCSO? I doubt they would just give them to him, he would have to subpoena, right? I believe there has to be a case filed in court and then the PI can subpoena various records.

I agree, and Klein said he believes the actions of HCSO are not nefarious but based on embarrassment.
Good queation, how would Klein even get records from HCSO? I doubt they would just give them to him, he would have to subpoena, right? I believe there has to be a case filed in court and then the PI can subpoena various records.
I wonder if the "other investigator" is Haines from HCSO? If so, he may be working with Klein and providing him
with info and records. Klein did say he respected "the other investigator" but thought that pressure from the community was becoming too intense for him (the "other investigator" (OI)) too. Too meaning SM is/was feeling
pressure big time.

I hope the HCSO investigator is working w/ Klein.

I believe subpoenas require a lawsuit. I think there has to be either a criminal or civil case in progress for attorneys to be able to issue subpoenas. Perhaps the information can be obtained through FOI requests.

I believe subpoenas require a lawsuit. I think there has to be either a criminal or civil case in progress for attorneys to be able to issue subpoenas. Perhaps the information can be obtained through FOI requests.
Maybe a civil suit has been filed in relation to the missing person case.

I wonder if the "other investigator" is Haines from HCSO? If so, he may be working with Klein and providing him
with info and records. Klein did say he respected "the other investigator" but thought that pressure from the community was becoming too intense for him (the "other investigator" (OI)) too. Too meaning SM is/was feeling
pressure big time.

I hope the HCSO investigator is working w/ Klein.

Yes he called him his "cohort" on the other side. So I took that to mean Haines. And any copies of documents during the investigation that Haines or Meeks has given to the family they would have provided to Klein.

Yes he called him his "cohort" on the other side. So I took that to mean Haines. And any copies of documents during the investigation that Haines or Meeks has given to the family they would have provided to Klein.
But would SM or OI have given the family those phone records? They shouldn't. That would be an invasion of privacy. No one should be allowed to see them except LE.

And that money in the garage. Did police seize it?!

Maybe a civil suit has been filed in relation to the missing person case.

In the Missy Bevers case (also Texas), a WS member was able to get some subpoenas issued by LE and the supporting documents provided by LE to get the subpoenas through FOI requests. I'm no expert on what is available on that avenue, though.

And I have NEVER heard of anyone giving their phone records to law enforcement. That’s not a clean chain of custody, and should never be allowed in court if it came to that. Those phone records could be altered on so many levels.

I was thinking he was talking about the first PI, Mr. Brad***w. He’s still working on the case apparently.

In the Missy Bevers case (also Texas), a WS member was able to get some subpoenas issued by LE and the supporting documents provided by LE to get the subpoenas through FOI requests. I'm no expert on what is available on that avenue, though.

Klein operates under the jurisdiction of the Department of Public Safety Personal Security Bureau. His governing law enforcement agency is the Texas Rangers. I’m sure they can get any subpoenas that they may need. And I would guess that they probably have if they have the phone records. I just don’t see KIC taking the records from HCSO. I get this feeling because Klein says that he comes into the case cold. I would just think that he would get fresh copies of things.

JMHO.

Klein operates under the jurisdiction of the Department of Public Safety Personal Security Bureau. His governing law enforcement agency is the Texas Rangers. I’m sure they can get any subpoenas that they may need. And I would guess that they probably have if they have the phone records. I just don’t see KIC taking the records from HCSO. I get this feeling because Klein says that he comes into the case cold. I would just think that he would get fresh copies of things.

JMHO.

They are overseen by the Texas Rangers but I doubt any law enforcement agency is subpoenaing documents and handing them over to private investigators. I doubt the Texas Rangers do administrative tasks for PIs. If the Texas Rangers felt there was a need to subpoena documents, they'd start their own investigation and not let a PI screw things up. Maybe these are available through FOI requests, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968