Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, it isn’t BC. In fact, her name is listed under “Grantor(s),” along with “Estate of Michael Glenn Chambers” as she is the executor of the estate.

The ID numbers for the plots MC owned are 209912 and 209921. Enter the numbers into the search box one at a time, and the matching property will pop up.

Click on the address, and it will take you to a page with a map, description, etc. Right above the map is a calendar, which is set to show the current year by default. Change the year to 2019, and you will know what I am talking about.

Ellis CAD Property Search

Suzy is essentially being punished for seeking justice for her dad, IMO.
Without knowing exactly how this came about, I don't see it the way you do at all, IMHO. The girls may well have decided this between themselves, for whatever their personal reasons were. It could have easily been something like whichever one of them had the extra money to buy and keep the parcels in the family. One may have not wanted it. The parcels were quite small and not worth a lot of money, but sentimentally, I'm glad it's not owned by BC any more :)

I hate to go here....but is Cheri and Suzy no longer on the same page ??!! I just can’t imagine how all the signs don’t point to foul play for any of MC’s children. Suzy can’t honestly be the only to believe someone hurt him... right ??!
We honestly haven't a clue, and probably won't know anything until and unless the family chooses to share about the state of their personal relationships. I hope and pray the family, or at least a big part of it, isn't fractured, but I imagine some have had different thoughts and ideas as to what the real story about Papaw is. I pray for them, and like to think there is still lots and lots of love there.

The strange thing I was told about the Italy property being sold to the other sibling is that Michael's brother who owns the parcel next to it was not informed of the sale. His daughter had to tell him it had been sold to his niece. It is sad how this and the search for justice has broken this family.
I can't "like" this, ocgrad and pray it isn't true that the family is that broken. A case like this where everyone is left in total limbo for so long would break many families, I suspect, but I have hopes they will all come back together strong when there are answers, and I'm believing right now, there will be.

Isn't Suzy the youngest? If so I can understand the choice. Is it a reward from BC for keeping quiet?

His daughter had to tell him it had been sold to his niece. It is sad how this and the search for justice has broken this family.

There is a third parcel also next to those that was MC now CH#185654

All RSBM for focus

I do agree it is possible that what took place here isn’t yet another effort made by BC to manipulate those affected by MC’s disappearance, and that instead, BC did the right thing by sharing the windfall from the death of her husband.

I say “sharing” due to the fact that looking at the Ellis County property transaction records, while there was a transfer of title, it appears that there was no exchange of money:

County Clerk Development

Please correct me, ocgrad, if I am wrong about this.

I do have a hard time buying into the latter scenario because of certain things BC has done since the very beginning. Getting only one child/sibling involved in having MC declared deceased and keeping the rest in the dark as confirmed by one of our VI’s, as well as by Suzy on the BPH FB page. Making conflicting statements depending on the audience. Naturally, each of them would form his/her own opinion as to what likely happened to their dad at least partially based on what s/he has been told, IMO.

And thank you, truetexan, for the heads-up about the third property. I missed that one as it isn’t listed in the “List of Inventory,” which is somewhat interesting in itself, IMO.

Speaking of the inventory sheet, I’m wondering how BC and her lawyer came up with the values of property ID’s 209912 and 209921. We talked about how the Hunt County CAD market value from 2016 ($236,650) was what was likely used for determine the value of the Quinlan property:

Hunt CAD Property Search

“List of Inventory” shows the values of the 3.6-acre property and 16.64-acre property as being $21,600 and $98,840, respectively. Actually, these numbers represent MC’s portion only, so the total values would be $$43,200 and $197,680. Yet, Ellis County CAD shows the market values in 2016 as being $8,870 and $41,000:

Ellis CAD Property Search

Sorry for the rambling. Maybe this is just me being overly cynical. But as I looked into the status of the Italy property last night, I remembered something that was said at the end of MC’s episode of “Disappeared”:

“The Hunt County Sheriff’s Department and many in the Chambers family believe that Michael committed suicide — but others find that conclusion hard to accept.

Suzy says that she is divided from the rest of the family because she believes that her father’s disappearance is related to foul play — but says that they are all united in their search for answers.” (BBM)
Did This 70-Year-Old Grandfather Stage His Own Suicide, Or Was He Murdered?

I hope and pray that as they find the answers they are looking for, they will be back together as a family. I’m sure that is what MC would want for them.

1CA7D4AE-2176-4C01-B8A5-41E4E45C10D6.jpeg 5BBB4944-A3BF-420E-9067-2738AF22DD06.jpeg 0292041C-F0CB-4351-961A-D263A733B92E.jpeg

The strange thing I was told about the Italy property being sold to the other sibling is that Michael's brother who owns the parcel next to it was not informed of the sale. His daughter had to tell him it had been sold to his niece. It is sad how this and the search for justice has broken this family.
Maybe it's best that no one knows. Even his brother. As has been mentioned, I'm not aware of the current family dynamics. But the good thing here is, as mentioned above, the land remains in the family's hands where imo, it should be. Cherie always struck me as a no nonsense woman and if anyone were to get the land, I'm glad it's her.

Maybe it's best that no one knows. Even his brother. As has been mentioned, I'm not aware of the current family dynamics. But the good thing here is, as mentioned above, the land remains in the family's hands where imo, it should be. Cherie always struck me as a no nonsense woman and if anyone were to get the land, I'm glad it's her.

I do agree with this. Cheri does seem very “no nonsense, no BS” type of a person and I sometimes wonder if maybe she didn’t want to keep ruffling feathers with BC so maybe she could get the land or certain things from her possibly..kind of like “keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

I'm wondering why there was no mention whatsoever of MC's cell phone data in Klein's latest statements. I realize he and LE would most likely not mention any specific tips or reasons for searching the particular areas they just did, but they could say something like further analysis of the cell phone data, plus other info, led them to....yada yada. I also am very, very curious as to why Klein specifically asks land owners within a 3-mile radius to check their ditches and water holding ponds and property for possible human remains. Why 3 miles?

I'm wondering why there was no mention whatsoever of MC's cell phone data in Klein's latest statements. I realize he and LE would most likely not mention any specific tips or reasons for searching the particular areas they just did, but they could say something like further analysis of the cell phone data, plus other info, led them to....yada yada. I also am very, very curious as to why Klein specifically asks land owners within a 3-mile radius to check their ditches and water holding ponds and property for possible human remains. Why 3 miles?

The “3 mile radius” is what stood out me the most as I read the statement. And they say to check “for human remains,” rather than possible evidence, anything suspicious, etc. They are being very specific.

This does narrow the search area down significantly. Just like you, I am curious as to how they came to this conclusion. More accurate, precise phone ping and/or GPS records and/or analysis? Tighter timeline?

For what’s worth, the former Chambers residence to the infamous 2-Mile Bridge is 5.25 miles as the crow flies:

ETA: The yellow dot in the first SS is the location of the home.

8FF14C54-E91D-454E-A0E0-DF7821C10A1F.jpeg 1605EBE4-3B0D-4C1A-A39E-84F8239DF9C3.jpeg

The “3 mile radius” is what stood out me the most as I read the statement. And they say to check “for human remains,” rather than possible evidence, anything suspicious, etc. They are being very specific.

This does narrow the search area down significantly. Just like you, I am curious as to how they came to this conclusion. More accurate, precise phone ping and/or GPS records and/or analysis? Tighter timeline?

For what’s worth, the former Chambers residence to the infamous 2-Mile Bridge is 5.25 miles as the crow flies:

ETA: The yellow dot in the first SS is the location of the home.

View attachment 159928 View attachment 159930
Yup! Very helpful maps, IMHO- thanks! There seem to be SO many possible places within that radius, especially along all that shoreline. Another puzzle that keeps cropping up for me are the closest neighbors and friends, who returned to their home @3PM and saw MC's truck parked in his driveway, and nothing at all out of the ordinary.
If this crime was carefully planned, the perpetrator/s somehow knew those neighbors were not at home when MC was harmed and taken away, and knew what time those neighbors would return home. Otherwise, the vehicle the "bad guy" had and any activity would probably have been noticed by those neighbors and we'd not have a mystery today.
My questions are: were the neighbors a fully retired couple and simply had gone out on errands that particular day? If so, who else might have known that a bit ahead of time? Or was their outing a regular schedule for them, or perhaps they had a meeting or appt. to go to. We do know one of MC and BC's sons was married to the neighbors' daughter, correct?

Yup! Very helpful maps, IMHO- thanks! There seem to be SO many possible places within that radius, especially along all that shoreline. Another puzzle that keeps cropping up for me are the closest neighbors and friends, who returned to their home @3PM and saw MC's truck parked in his driveway, and nothing at all out of the ordinary.
If this crime was carefully planned, the perpetrator/s somehow knew those neighbors were not at home when MC was harmed and taken away, and knew what time those neighbors would return home. Otherwise, the vehicle the "bad guy" had and any activity would probably have been noticed by those neighbors and we'd not have a mystery today.
My questions are: were the neighbors a fully retired couple and simply had gone out on errands that particular day? If so, who else might have known that a bit ahead of time? Or was their outing a regular schedule for them, or perhaps they had a meeting or appt. to go to. We do know one of MC and BC's sons was married to the neighbors' daughter, correct?
Thank you for your kind words about the maps!

I do agree that the perpetrator/s almost had to have known the neighbors’ schedule for that day.

One thing to keep in mind, IMO, is that looking at the map, it appears that MC’s shop may not easily be seen from the neighbors’ property due to his house obstructing the view.

A1386277-18BB-4DFF-A86F-36E75DAD464C.jpeg

Still, it’s still very likely that the “bad guy”(s) was gone by 3 pm: I tend to think that there was someone(s) lying in wait inside the garage when MC returned from Walmart, reportedly at noon. If there was more than one person, which I also believe there was, they probably were long gone by then.

The husband of the couple is “retired after a career in law enforcement.” I don’t know about the wife. As you pointed out, they may not be “fully” retired, either.

I don’t know about the nature of their outing that day, either. Really, all I’ve seen is that:
“The neighbor who came home at 3 says they were outside for the rest of the day doing yard work and such.”
TX - TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

And per one of our VI’s, “it's been said <modsnip> publicly, so I guess I can disclose here as well - it was John's [older son] in-laws who live next door who came to help.”
TX - TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

I do agree that the perpetrator/s almost had to have known the neighbors’ schedule for that day.

One thing to keep in mind, IMO, is that looking at the map, it appears that MC’s shop may not easily be seen from the neighbors’ property due to his house obstructing the view.

View attachment 160163

Still, it’s still very likely that the “bad guy”(s) was gone by 3 pm: I tend to think that there was someone(s) lying in wait inside the garage when MC returned from Walmart, reportedly at noon. If there was more than one person, which I also believe there was, they probably were long gone by then.

The husband of the couple is “retired after a career in law enforcement.” I don’t know about the wife. As you pointed out, they may not be “fully” retired, either.

I don’t know about the nature of their outing that day, either. Really, all I’ve seen is that:
“The neighbor who came home at 3 says they were outside for the rest of the day doing yard work and such.”

And per one of our VI’s, “it's been said <modsnip> publicly, so I guess I can disclose here as well - it was John's [older son] in-laws who live next door who came to help.”
well that would explain why certain members of the family have said it was suicide let it go.Also there was a mention of fishermen nearby that day were they ever mentioned here?

View attachment 160163

I am not convinced the perp knew the neighbors schedule. BUT someone did. Perhaps someone who had been home all day in the weeks before hand...

well that would explain why certain members of the family have said it was suicide let it go.Also there was a mention of fishermen nearby that day were they ever mentioned here?
Forgot to add that yes, the fishermen were known about and discussed here early on. Not sure if thread #1 or #2 initially, but thought thread #1.

View attachment 160163

You're right about the shop being more secluded from those neighbors. I, too, always thought the incident happened and they were gone well before 3 pm, and most likely soon after he returned from WalMart. I still stick to the timeline of perps and MC leaving the premises @2:30pm due to that dratted, yet valuable, phone data.

If a perp did pull off into the treed area on other side of the shop, you'd think they'd also be taking huge chances a passing vehicle or other neighbor might notice. Same as pulling into MC's driveway, but I usually don't pay too much attention to vehicles that enter our neighbors' driveways, so.... I also wonder how leafed out the trees there would be in March?

I still go back and forth as to whether or not I think someone was dropped off near the shop and got inside, waiting for MC to return home, or, did the perps ( I believe two, as well) show up after MC went into his shop. Could be either.

You're right about the shop being more secluded from those neighbors. I, too, always thought the incident happened and they were gone well before 3 pm, and most likely soon after he returned from WalMart. I still stick to the timeline of perps and MC leaving the premises @2:30pm due to that dratted, yet valuable, phone data.

If a perp did pull off into the treed area on other side of the shop, you'd think they'd also be taking huge chances a passing vehicle or other neighbor might notice. Same as pulling into MC's driveway, but I usually don't pay too much attention to vehicles that enter our neighbors' driveways, so.... I also wonder how leafed out the trees there would be in March?

I still go back and forth as to whether or not I think someone was dropped off near the shop and got inside, waiting for MC to return home, or, did the perps ( I believe two, as well) show up after MC went into his shop. Could be either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back