Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re-reading the thread and I just noticed this map you posted Jethro. I see there is a Culebra Meat Market on Rigsby, not far from the taqueria where Michele's car was found. In a Dec 8, 2016 interview her brother mentioned that Michele may be near a "Mexican Meat Market". I wonder if this is the store where her daughter was found?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...her-went-missing-on-Thanksgiving-10780264.php
That is something I had considered. Everything seems to be right there except for what store would be open where her daughter would be found or was she found outside a store that was closed? I know there are places open on Thanksgiving but aside from the convenience store associated with the gas station I don't think many places in that area would be open. As I said back a few pages either Michele or her daughter or Michele's car should have appeared on a camera somewhere and that should provide some time parameters to work with.

Of course that is assuming that Michele's daughter was found late on Thanksgiving Day or into the early hours of Black Friday. But I have been wondering about that assumption. It is possible she was found earlier and it may have taken some time to track down her father. Though I don't know how this happens if the police had been called. Wouldn't child services get involved if her mother just left her somewhere? Wouldn't the police start an investigation of some sort? I just can't reconcile Michele's Missing Report with a Monday morning date/time but her daughter being found alone late Thanksgiving / early Friday (or earlier).

Now for a question about NAMUS. If a person is found are they removed from NAMUS or is the entry marked as found?

f3867b497968392909efe9e71b330728.jpg

The location of her car

62b1092c846340994e90a581f409bdec.jpg

The drive through part where her car was said to be found
fe68e50a2671281e9eaf1db8a4f97708.jpg

Convenience store within walking distance and Mexican meat market right next door
0a114832fd9e04188521caebf7924255.jpg

158f15df2d84e32ef3c6262a0912bd48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-reading the thread and I just noticed this map you posted Jethro. I see there is a Culebra Meat Market on Rigsby, not far from the taqueria where Michele's car was found. In a Dec 8, 2016 interview her brother mentioned that Michele may be near a "Mexican Meat Market". I wonder if this is the store where her daughter was found?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...her-went-missing-on-Thanksgiving-10780264.php
One more thing about the mentioning of the meat market. At the time it was mentioned Michele had already been gone for a bit. It is also known that she apparently didn't have her debit cards /credit cards or ID. So would the suggestion that she might be near a meat market imply she was likely dumpster diving?

I wonder if San Antonio police have gone through the banks or the Treasury Department or the Credit Reporting companies to see if she had another account or accounts out there. I also wonder if perhaps she had been accumulating any cash prior to her disappearance. That is, either going to the bank and withdrawing cash and/or withdrawing large sums (up to daily maximum) from an ATM.

Since I am just brain-dumping here another thing I have wondered about is why it was that Michele wasn't taking her daughter to school or picking her up from school at least some of the time in the few weeks prior to her disappearance since she wasn't working. Also, since it was said that Michele had wanted to separate in October if you roll back three weeks from Thanksgiving you are at the beginning of November so I am also wondering what the timing is of each of: wanting a separation, her husband moving out, and her not working as that is a rather narrow window of time.

Just thinking out loud.. brother said she might be near a Mexican meat market.. daughter was said to be found at a store.. both are within a short walking distance of where her car was found.
Could she have parked the car and walked with daughter to the store telling her to wait there so she could run over to the meat market and then just didn't return for daughter? But a 5 year old would not be at a store location alone for very long without being noticed. Could she have left daughter in the car, didn't return and daughter walked to the convenience store to ask for help?
This might explain why the car was unlocked, if daughter was left in car.
Maybe she was meeting with someone at the Mexican meat market, thought it would be a quick meeting, leaving daughter and personal items in the car.
Why would she pack a suitcase and then not take it with her? Was the meat market open on Thanksgiving? Maybe employees of the meat market and convenience store could answer questions.
Just random thoughts.

That is something I had considered. Everything seems to be right there except for what store would be open where her daughter would be found or was she found outside a store that was closed? I know there are places open on Thanksgiving but aside from the convenience store associated with the gas station I don't think many places in that area would be open. As I said back a few pages either Michele or her daughter or Michele's car should have appeared on a camera somewhere and that should provide some time parameters to work with.

Of course that is assuming that Michele's daughter was found late on Thanksgiving Day or into the early hours of Black Friday. But I have been wondering about that assumption. It is possible she was found earlier and it may have taken some time to track down her father. Though I don't know how this happens if the police had been called. Wouldn't child services get involved if her mother just left her somewhere? Wouldn't the police start an investigation of some sort? I just can't reconcile Michele's Missing Report with a Monday morning date/time but her daughter being found alone late Thanksgiving / early Friday (or earlier).

Now for a question about NAMUS. If a person is found are they removed from NAMUS or is the entry marked as found?

Many places are open on Thanksgiving now for early Black Friday Shopping deals. Some media reports said Michele's car was last seen at the corner of Rigsby and WW White Rd. I notice that is NOT the corner where the taqueria is located. There is a Walgreens on that corner, however, and they would have cameras (at least all the Walgreens I have ever been to do). Walgreens was open on Thanksgiving day from 8 AM to 10 PM and on Black Friday from 7 AM to Midnight (you can view their hours and 2016 ad here: https://www.bfads.net/stores/walgreens/ads/black-friday/2016). The 7-11 across from Walgreens and the Burger King may have also been open. With those 3 businesses on that corner I suspect at least one caught video of Michele's car. Maybe they even caught video of Michele's daughter if she wandered around alone for a while before being found.

I wondered about child services too but hesitated to post about it. I do wonder if any complaint was filed against Michele on the part of her husband saying she must have taken off and abandoned her daughter. He is very adamant in his posts and interviews that Michele left him and their daughter. He states she left as if it is fact. Then we found out their daughter was sent to Florida to live with Michele's mom (at least for Christmas, not sure if she is still there). I wonder if this was a choice SB made so that his daughter would not go into the foster system. Anyway, perhaps he could have delayed a missing person report by claiming she was irresponsible and ran off, but I agree that police would most likely have to investigate that. We don't know who actually filed the missing report, either. It might have been her brother or mother who officially reported her missing on the 28th.

I don't know the answer to the NaMus question except that I know when I search online for someone if they used to appear in NaMus a result will still come up in the search engine but when I click on it I will get a "permission error". My guess would be that files are kept indefinitely but made private if someone is found. So they are "removed" in a sense, but only really removed from public view-- this is just a guess, however. IDK. (As an example of a case I know was on NaMus but is no longer available for public view you can Google search "Marinelly Freire NaMus" and her profile will come up in the results but it has a permission error. I don't have any info on whether Marinelly was located but her profile disappeared shortly after a member here submitted her for an UID. The UID profile was still up last I checked).

Just thinking out loud.. brother said she might be near a Mexican meat market.. daughter was said to be found at a store.. both are within a short walking distance of where her car was found.
Could she have parked the car and walked with daughter to the store telling her to wait there so she could run over to the meat market and then just didn't return for daughter? But a 5 year old would not be at a store location alone for very long without being noticed. Could she have left daughter in the car, didn't return and daughter walked to the convenience store to ask for help?
This might explain why the car was unlocked, if daughter was left in car.
Maybe she was meeting with someone at the Mexican meat market, thought it would be a quick meeting, leaving daughter and personal items in the car.
Why would she pack a suitcase and then not take it with her? Was the meat market open on Thanksgiving? Maybe employees of the meat market and convenience store could answer questions.
Just random thoughts.

BBM. Indeed. Great question!

Was Michelle's phone ever found? I know it pinged in FL. Did the daughter get driven to FL by her Dad or brother or picked up by grandmother?
Just thinking...

One more thing about the mentioning of the meat market. At the time it was mentioned Michele had already been gone for a bit. It is also known that she apparently didn't have her debit cards /credit cards or ID. So would the suggestion that she might be near a meat market imply she was likely dumpster diving?

I wonder if San Antonio police have gone through the banks or the Treasury Department or the Credit Reporting companies to see if she had another account or accounts out there. I also wonder if perhaps she had been accumulating any cash prior to her disappearance. That is, either going to the bank and withdrawing cash and/or withdrawing large sums (up to daily maximum) from an ATM.

Since I am just brain-dumping here another thing I have wondered about is why it was that Michele wasn't taking her daughter to school or picking her up from school at least some of the time in the few weeks prior to her disappearance since she wasn't working. Also, since it was said that Michele had wanted to separate in October if you roll back three weeks from Thanksgiving you are at the beginning of November so I am also wondering what the timing is of each of: wanting a separation, her husband moving out, and her not working as that is a rather narrow window of time.

I wonder if that meat market or shopping area might be a place where day laborers are usually picked up for jobs that pay cash? I don't know how common it is anymore but I know in some areas there used to be certain stores/shopping plazas where undocumented immigrants could wait for construction/farming/cleaning employers to come and pick them up for the day. Perhaps the thought is Michele would start a new life in that area and find a way to get paid without having to use her real name. But I think she would really stand out if she were to try to do that. Unless perhaps she is fluent in Spanish and was able to further change her looks. IDK. I'm just "brain dumping"-- I like that phrase, thanks.

As for their finances, I find it interesting that they were reportedly having financial difficulties yet she bought a brand new 2016 car. I don't know when she bought, it but it still had paper plates on it. :thinking:

Question for Jethro or anyone else good at digging up court records/documents. I found this link which says Michele has "Criminal and Court Records" and further down the page it says Michele DOES have "Lawsuits, Liens & Bankruptcies": https://www.mylife.com/michele-roode/micheleroode

Would those records only be her previous divorces and possibly the recent foreclosure of their house? Or are there other criminal records we are not aware of yet?

636294978944989515-mostrecentroode.jpg

"This is the last picture relatives have seen of Michele Roode Boyd. It was posted on Facebook on Thanksgiving 2016 in a friend request from an unknown woman. Relatives think it was a selfie taken in Boyd’s car that day. "

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion...nurse-still-missing-digital-extras/101207772/

Challenge for anyone who is good at examining pictures. Can anyone determine what is in the background? Are there any clues to Michele's location in this picture? Also, I know San Antonio is hot, but how was the weather that day? Is it reasonable that she was wearing a tank top in late November? Can anyone determine if this picture was tampered with/photo shopped in anyway? I know there are tricks to figure out if a photo has been edited but I don't know how to do them. TIA.

All I can see is trees/shrubs and what looks like a silver SUV with another car parked behind it?

636294978944989515-mostrecentroode.jpg

"This is the last picture relatives have seen of Michele Roode Boyd. It was posted on Facebook on Thanksgiving 2016 in a friend request from an unknown woman. Relatives think it was a selfie taken in Boyd’s car that day. "

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion...nurse-still-missing-digital-extras/101207772/

Challenge for anyone who is good at examining pictures. Can anyone determine what is in the background? Are there any clues to Michele's location in this picture? Also, I know San Antonio is hot, but how was the weather that day? Is it reasonable that she was wearing a tank top in late November? Can anyone determine if this picture was tampered with/photo shopped in anyway? I know there are tricks to figure out if a photo has been edited but I don't know how to do them. TIA.
Answer to the weather, I hope-

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/san-antonio/historic?month=11&year=2016
8e42390d31cb4208ac25453ff1a0fada.jpg

Question for Jethro or anyone else good at digging up court records/documents. I found this link which says Michele has "Criminal and Court Records" and further down the page it says Michele DOES have "Lawsuits, Liens & Bankruptcies": https://www.mylife.com/michele-roode/micheleroode

Would those records only be her previous divorces and possibly the recent foreclosure of their house? Or are there other criminal records we are not aware of yet?

I purchased the full report. Here is some info that may be of interest to those following:

60da2bf7a6e4947f92d9b793713050db.jpg

3a1ababdacf7a8f89f10e7371214ddbe.jpg

7a4a8447981a8461bbe45bd439ac1df7.jpg

21b5a0e542ce952b3b33b5baf0f354a8.jpg

It is before coffe but I don't fully understand all under Licenses-
Date last seen 7/2017?

I’m not sure what that means (will look further into it later), but here is her licensure info. according to TX Board of Nursing:

https://www.bon.texas.gov/forms/rnrslt.asp

7b0314d61007e63c0b50f4987a54f5a9.jpg

The date last seen must be how that website pulls reports. The TX nursing shows she didn't renew her license when it expired on 12/31/16- because she was missing so she didn't renew it. Her LPN license showing on the report would be null and void once she became an RN. Even though TX is a compact state (compact states accept other compact state nursing licenses. You don't need to apply for a separate license) her license expired so she can't be working anywhere else right now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I purchased the full report. Here is some info that may be of interest to those following:

*Snipped for space*

Wow! Thank you inmyhumbleopinion!

So that says she had filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2005. Very interesting in light of other events in her life. Adding this to the timeline.

Timeline post will be coming up soon. Just a disclaimer that I made the decision to leave out anything posted solely on the "help find Michele" facebook and also left out the details from the post made by her husband here. Since her husband did not become verified and did not continue to post we have to treat that post as rumor under TOS of Websleuths. We can't know for sure if that was her husband posting, although it seems likely from his other posts on the find Michele facebook. Even though I chose to leave them out, those posts may be very valuable in getting a fuller picture of what is going on. I HAVE tried to include as many quotes as I could from MSM interviews. I have broken down the info section into categories in an attempt to organize it in a way that made sense. There is no order of importance implied by the order listing of the categories. I just tried to put them together in a way that made sense and for quick reference of who said what in interviews. Timeline coming up next.

Michele Roode Boyd Timeline and Media links

16 Feb 2005 – Michele files for chapter 7 Bankruptcy (Background report, Thread #1, Post#373)

2006 –
Michele first met her current husband, SB, in an online game of World of Warcraft. She was working at Indian River Estates and living in Vero Beach, FL at the time while SB lived in San Antonio, TX (TCPalm).

– Michele moved to San Antonio and eventually married SB (TCPalm).

– Michele and SB’s daughter was born (TCPalm).

– Money became an issue in Michele and SB’s marriage (TCpalm).

Oct 2016 –
Michele asked SB for a divorce. SB agreed to a trial separation and moved out of their house (TCPalm).

Nov 2016
- A couple days before she went missing she chopped her hair off really short and dyed her hair blondish orange with the front of her hair dyed bluish (Khou News, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016, THANKSGIVING DAY-
Michele was last seen at her home in the 7000 block of Calvary Stage, San Antonio. This is in Leon Springs on the Northwest Side (KENS5 News, My San Antonio News).

24 Nov 2016
- Michele’s husband (SB) texted her to finalize a time when she and their daughter could meet at his brother’s for a holiday meal. He didn’t get a text back. No one answered the phone (TCPalm).

24 Nov 2016, early Thanksgiving afternoon
– Michele’s mom, SR, spoke to her on the phone from Sebastian, FL. She was the last family member to speak to Michele. “She sounded very busy,” like she was wrapping presents, SR said. Michele told her mother she did not want to spend the holiday with her husband (TCPalm, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016
, after Thanksgiving dinner - SB and others received a bizarre Facebook friend request with a selfie picture of Michele apparently taken that afternoon in her car. The fb requester used a different name. The picture of Michele used on the new facebook profile is the picture family later used on the missing flyer-- it is of Michele with short hair dyed orange and blue and is the most recent picture (TCPalm, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016
– Michele’s husband returned home to find her and their 5 year old daughter gone (TCPalm).

24 Nov 2016
, 11:30 PM - Michele may have been seen in her car at the intersection of WW White and Rigsby in San Antonio (Wilson County News).

25 Nov 2016, BLACK FRIDAY, Early Morning -
Michele’s new 2016 Ford Focus SEL with paper plates was towed from the alley behind Taqueria Los Dos Laredos at 4703 Rigsby Avenue on the Southeast Side of San Antonio. Her wallet, keys, personal items and luggage were found in car. SB said she left her social security card, and has no ID, no credit cards, no money and no cell phone with her (My San Antonio News, KENS5 News, Khou News, Wilson County News).

25 Nov 2016, Early Morning -
SB got a call saying their daughter was found alone outside a San Antonio store (TCPalm).

25 Nov 2016
– SB, JR and others searched the area where the daughter was found. The daughter said Michele threw her phone in a dumpster so they also searched area dumpsters (TCPalm).

29 Nov 2016
- Police located Michele’s car in a private impound lot. It had not been reported stolen. (Kens5 News)

1 Dec 2016
– A search party combed the neighborhood surrounding Dellcrest Park near Loop 410 and Rigsby near where her car was found and passed out flyers in the area (News4 San Antonio, KENS5 News)

9 Dec 2016
– A $1000 reward was offered (News4 San Antonio).

14 Dec 2016
– Michele’s family offered a $2,000 reward for her safe return (KENS5 News).

25 Dec 2016
– Michele’s daughter was sent to Florida stay with her grandmother (Michele’s mother) for Christmas, to give Michele’s husband SB time to look for her. Michele’s brother JR said in a Dec 29 interview he believes Michele could be in Florida with her daughter (Khou News).

26 Dec 2106
– Michele’s 42nd birthday. She is still missing.

31 Dec 2016
– Michele’s nursing license expires (license# Rn9279990) without renewal.

29 Jan 2017
– A coworker of Michele’s claims to have seen her near Medical Drive and Wurzbach Road. She was reportedly wearing jeans and a dark hoodie covering her head. The coworker said she called out to the woman and went looking for her after turning her car around, but she was gone moments later. The coworker says she may have gone into some apartments on Medical Drive across from the CVS right before Wurzbach Road (My San Antonio News).

Abt May 2017 –
Michele’s husband (SB) had to move out of their house due to foreclosure (TCPalm)

1 June 2017 – Reward increased to $10,000 (My San Antonio News).

Other Possibly Important Case Details
Biographical and Descriptive Info:

Michele is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds with red hair and green eyes.

She has a vine tattoo on her left ankle.

Her nickname is Shelly (News4 San Antonio).

Michele has a 5-year-old daughter and two step children (My San Antonio News). Michele had been unable to have children with her previous husband
so her daughter is her only biological child and was extra special to her. (TCPalm).

Michele is previously from Vero Beach, FL (TCPalm).

Info on her employment/Quotes from her coworkers:

Michele is a registered nurse in the Christus Health system. She worked at Christus Santa Rosa hospital in San Antonio (News4 San Antonio).

She worked on open-heart surgeries and in the intensive care unit. (TCPalm).

A colleague says she was spotted crying at work before she disappeared (News4 San Antonio).

"It doesn't matter how crazy the shift is and how overwhelmed. She is always asking what she can do to help you," one colleague said. (Khou News)

“She was a very ambitious, loyal worker,” MM, a co-worker at Indian River Estates, said of Michele Boyd. “Her child was the most important thing to her. That’s why nothing makes sense.” (TPalm)

Info related to her marriage/Info and quotes from her husband SB:

Michele and SB were both divorcees before marrying in 2008 (TCPalm).

SB gave up his job to stay home with their daughter (TCPalm).

After her disappearance SB started a job delivering pizzas to make ends meet (TCPalm).

SB said “She’s lost touch with her current reality,” He says Michele’s been disoriented and exhibited signs of paranoia. Her husband also claims her coworkers noticed a change in her behavior (News4 San Antonio).

SB said that prior to going missing Michele became increasingly paranoid about her internet privacy (TCPalm).

SB said: “There were just a lot of strange things going on,” and noted he did not suspect infidelity. (TCPalm).

SB said: “I’ve gone through every scenario you can possibly imagine in my head,” “Nobody has a really good idea (of where she is). There’s no paper trail.” (TCPalm).

After five months, SB no longer obsesses over his wife’s disappearance, but remains on edge (TCPalm).

SB said: “Every time I’d hear a noise at the door I’d think it was her,” “This just never ends. One day I think she might be dead, the next I think she might be homeless, the next somebody took her, the next she’s starting a new life because she has amnesia.” (TCPalm).

Quotes and Info from her brother JR:

Michele liked Texas so much she convinced her younger brother, JR, to move there. JR got a job in SA and also got married there. He spoke to his
sister at least weekly before she disappeared. (TCPalm)

Her brother, JR, says she may have experienced a “mental break," and she started exhibiting strange behaviors, but they don’t believe drugs are involved. (My San Antonio News)

Despite the suggestion she may have had a “mental break”, her brother JR says she has no history of mental illness nor any history of drug use. (My San Antonio News)

JR suggested reactions to prescription drugs, not painkillers, his sister took legally might have led to her odd behavior (TCPalm).

Her brother JR also described Michele as “Very Responsible”and the “sole breadwinner of her family.” (My San Antonio News)

JR says that Michele read an anonymous online book about the tech world, “Iterating Grace,” and became obsessed with finding the authors. JR says his sister claimed she was so close to identifying them a cult began targeting her online, even placing images of her relatives in online ads (TCPalm).

JR said: "That day there was a weird Facebook friend request from a different name and it had my sister's picture, and that's the picture on the flyer with the short hair, the most recent picture,” he was confused, he thought it was a fake Facebook account or spam. “I thought you know her computer got infected and hacked yeah." Reports were made to Facebook and the page was taken down (News4 San Antonio).

JR said: "We think that she's just not well right now, and needs help," Boyd's brother fears his sister may be wondering the streets of San Antonio."She could have hitchhiked, she could have gotten picked up by somebody, I mean anything is possible," (News4 San Antonio).

Other possibly important details:

“There are facts related to this case police are not releasing at this time, hoping to develop better clues” (KENS5 News)

San Antonio police have been tight-lipped, refusing to release information on the case except for sending a reporter a heavily redacted report (TCPalm)

Police did tell the family they tried to locate Michele Boyd’s cellphone using global positioning system data. It showed she might have been on the east coast of Florida sometime after she went missing (TCPalm).

A message sent to Michele’s email address suggests she might have tried to set up an account at a Safeway store in California (TCPalm).

A post to the find Michele Facebook page states she is suffering from mental illness and may not know her real name. She may be using an alias. It also said information suggests she may be in California, possibly San Francisco, or Florida. She may also still be in San Antonio (My San Antonio News).

Some people claimed to see her in the area where her car was towed. Her brother JR suggests she may be near a shopping center in the area or near a Mexican meat market. “I honestly think she doesn’t know where she is,” Roode said in an interview. (My San Antonio News)

A woman fitting Michele Boyd’s description was reported to have argued with a store clerk in the neighborhood where her car was towed. SB and JR say (AFATK) there was no surveillance video showing mother and daughter (TCPalm)

There are conflicting reports about whether her car was left locked or unlocked at the restaurant. KENS5 News reported that family members said it was found unlocked. Michele’s husband says that is not correct and it was locked. For additional information possibly from Michele’s husband see post#105, Thread #1. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nio-24-Nov-2016/page7&p=13056322#post13056322

Media Links:
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/search-underway-for-local-mom-missing-since-thanksgiving/359591494
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/family-searching-for-mother-who-disappeared-on-thanksgiving
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...-in-michele-boyds-disappearance/273-369735918
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...nurse-missing-for-more-than-a-month/380122949
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/search-for-missing-mom-we-just-want-her-back-no-matter-what
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/search-for-missing-woman-heats-up/361356820
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ng-Thanksgiving-possibly-spotted-10897752.php
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...of-missing-woman-gives-family-hope-01-31-2017
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...or-missing-sa-nurse-family-says/273-394736570
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3700117-Michele-Missing.html
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...d-10-000-missing-SA-nurse-mother-11188336.php
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/reward-increased-to-10k-for-info-on-missing-nurse/444726037
https://www.wilsoncountynews.com/news/2016-12-21/Breaking/Missing_person.html
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/help-us-find-michele-roode-boyd
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1001279273333658/
https://www.facebook.com/Cheley.Roode
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1202698152293.31127.1373775515&type=3&theater
http://www.theheidisearchcenter.org/missing/michele-roode-boyd/

Michele Roode Boyd Timeline and Media links

16 Feb 2005 – Michele files for chapter 7 Bankruptcy (Background report, Thread #1, Post#373)

2006 –
Michele first met her current husband, SB, in an online game of World of Warcraft. She was working at Indian River Estates and living in Vero Beach, FL at the time while SB lived in San Antonio, TX (TCPalm).

– Michele moved to San Antonio and eventually married SB (TCPalm).

– Michele and SB’s daughter was born (TCPalm).

– Money became an issue in Michele and SB’s marriage (TCpalm).

Oct 2016 –
Michele asked SB for a divorce. SB agreed to a trial separation and moved out of their house (TCPalm).

Nov 2016
- A couple days before she went missing she chopped her hair off really short and dyed her hair blondish orange with the front of her hair dyed bluish (Khou News, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016, THANKSGIVING DAY-
Michele was last seen at her home in the 7000 block of Calvary Stage, San Antonio. This is in Leon Springs on the Northwest Side (KENS5 News, My San Antonio News).

24 Nov 2016
- Michele’s husband (SB) texted her to finalize a time when she and their daughter could meet at his brother’s for a holiday meal. He didn’t get a text back. No one answered the phone (TCPalm).

24 Nov 2016, early Thanksgiving afternoon
– Michele’s mom, SR, spoke to her on the phone from Sebastian, FL. She was the last family member to speak to Michele. “She sounded very busy,” like she was wrapping presents, SR said. Michele told her mother she did not want to spend the holiday with her husband (TCPalm, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016
, after Thanksgiving dinner - SB and others received a bizarre Facebook friend request with a selfie picture of Michele apparently taken that afternoon in her car. The fb requester used a different name. The picture of Michele used on the new facebook profile is the picture family later used on the missing flyer-- it is of Michele with short hair dyed orange and blue and is the most recent picture (TCPalm, News4 San Antonio).

24 Nov 2016
– Michele’s husband returned home to find her and their 5 year old daughter gone (TCPalm).

24 Nov 2016
, 11:30 PM - Michele may have been seen in her car at the intersection of WW White and Rigsby in San Antonio (Wilson County News).

25 Nov 2016, BLACK FRIDAY, Early Morning -
Michele’s new 2016 Ford Focus SEL with paper plates was towed from the alley behind Taqueria Los Dos Laredos at 4703 Rigsby Avenue on the Southeast Side of San Antonio. Her wallet, keys, personal items and luggage were found in car. SB said she left her social security card, and has no ID, no credit cards, no money and no cell phone with her (My San Antonio News, KENS5 News, Khou News, Wilson County News).

25 Nov 2016, Early Morning -
SB got a call saying their daughter was found alone outside a San Antonio store (TCPalm).

25 Nov 2016
– SB, JR and others searched the area where the daughter was found. The daughter said Michele threw her phone in a dumpster so they also searched area dumpsters (TCPalm).

29 Nov 2016
- Police located Michele’s car in a private impound lot. It had not been reported stolen. (Kens5 News)

1 Dec 2016
– A search party combed the neighborhood surrounding Dellcrest Park near Loop 410 and Rigsby near where her car was found and passed out flyers in the area (News4 San Antonio, KENS5 News)

9 Dec 2016
– A $1000 reward was offered (News4 San Antonio).

14 Dec 2016
– Michele’s family offered a $2,000 reward for her safe return (KENS5 News).

25 Dec 2016
– Michele’s daughter was sent to Florida stay with her grandmother (Michele’s mother) for Christmas, to give Michele’s husband SB time to look for her. Michele’s brother JR said in a Dec 29 interview he believes Michele could be in Florida with her daughter (Khou News).

26 Dec 2106
– Michele’s 42nd birthday. She is still missing.

31 Dec 2016
– Michele’s nursing license expires (license# Rn9279990) without renewal.

29 Jan 2017
– A coworker of Michele’s claims to have seen her near Medical Drive and Wurzbach Road. She was reportedly wearing jeans and a dark hoodie covering her head. The coworker said she called out to the woman and went looking for her after turning her car around, but she was gone moments later. The coworker says she may have gone into some apartments on Medical Drive across from the CVS right before Wurzbach Road (My San Antonio News).

Abt May 2017 –
Michele’s husband (SB) had to move out of their house due to foreclosure (TCPalm)

1 June 2017 – Reward increased to $10,000 (My San Antonio News).

Other Possibly Important Case Details
Biographical and Descriptive Info:

Michele is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds with red hair and green eyes.

She has a vine tattoo on her left ankle.

Her nickname is Shelly (News4 San Antonio).

Michele has a 5-year-old daughter and two step children (My San Antonio News). Michele had been unable to have children with her previous husband
so her daughter is her only biological child and was extra special to her. (TCPalm).

Michele is previously from Vero Beach, FL (TCPalm).

Info on her employment/Quotes from her coworkers:

Michele is a registered nurse in the Christus Health system. She worked at Christus Santa Rosa hospital in San Antonio (News4 San Antonio).

She worked on open-heart surgeries and in the intensive care unit. (TCPalm).

A colleague says she was spotted crying at work before she disappeared (News4 San Antonio).

"It doesn't matter how crazy the shift is and how overwhelmed. She is always asking what she can do to help you," one colleague said. (Khou News)

“She was a very ambitious, loyal worker,” MM, a co-worker at Indian River Estates, said of Michele Boyd. “Her child was the most important thing to her. That’s why nothing makes sense.” (TPalm)

Info related to her marriage/Info and quotes from her husband SB:

Michele and SB were both divorcees before marrying in 2008 (TCPalm).

SB gave up his job to stay home with their daughter (TCPalm).

After her disappearance SB started a job delivering pizzas to make ends meet (TCPalm).

SB said “She’s lost touch with her current reality,” He says Michele’s been disoriented and exhibited signs of paranoia. Her husband also claims her coworkers noticed a change in her behavior (News4 San Antonio).

SB said that prior to going missing Michele became increasingly paranoid about her internet privacy (TCPalm).

SB said: “There were just a lot of strange things going on,” and noted he did not suspect infidelity. (TCPalm).

SB said: “I’ve gone through every scenario you can possibly imagine in my head,” “Nobody has a really good idea (of where she is). There’s no paper trail.” (TCPalm).

After five months, SB no longer obsesses over his wife’s disappearance, but remains on edge (TCPalm).

SB said: “Every time I’d hear a noise at the door I’d think it was her,” “This just never ends. One day I think she might be dead, the next I think she might be homeless, the next somebody took her, the next she’s starting a new life because she has amnesia.” (TCPalm).

Quotes and Info from her brother JR:

Michele liked Texas so much she convinced her younger brother, JR, to move there. JR got a job in SA and also got married there. He spoke to his
sister at least weekly before she disappeared. (TCPalm)

Her brother, JR, says she may have experienced a “mental break," and she started exhibiting strange behaviors, but they don’t believe drugs are involved. (My San Antonio News)

Despite the suggestion she may have had a “mental break”, her brother JR says she has no history of mental illness nor any history of drug use. (My San Antonio News)

JR suggested reactions to prescription drugs, not painkillers, his sister took legally might have led to her odd behavior (TCPalm).

Her brother JR also described Michele as “Very Responsible”and the “sole breadwinner of her family.” (My San Antonio News)

JR says that Michele read an anonymous online book about the tech world, “Iterating Grace,” and became obsessed with finding the authors. JR says his sister claimed she was so close to identifying them a cult began targeting her online, even placing images of her relatives in online ads (TCPalm).

JR said: "That day there was a weird Facebook friend request from a different name and it had my sister's picture, and that's the picture on the flyer with the short hair, the most recent picture,” he was confused, he thought it was a fake Facebook account or spam. “I thought you know her computer got infected and hacked yeah." Reports were made to Facebook and the page was taken down (News4 San Antonio).

JR said: "We think that she's just not well right now, and needs help," Boyd's brother fears his sister may be wondering the streets of San Antonio."She could have hitchhiked, she could have gotten picked up by somebody, I mean anything is possible," (News4 San Antonio).

Other possibly important details:

“There are facts related to this case police are not releasing at this time, hoping to develop better clues” (KENS5 News)

San Antonio police have been tight-lipped, refusing to release information on the case except for sending a reporter a heavily redacted report (TCPalm)

Police did tell the family they tried to locate Michele Boyd’s cellphone using global positioning system data. It showed she might have been on the east coast of Florida sometime after she went missing (TCPalm).

A message sent to Michele’s email address suggests she might have tried to set up an account at a Safeway store in California (TCPalm).

A post to the find Michele Facebook page states she is suffering from mental illness and may not know her real name. She may be using an alias. It also said information suggests she may be in California, possibly San Francisco, or Florida. She may also still be in San Antonio (My San Antonio News).

Some people claimed to see her in the area where her car was towed. Her brother JR suggests she may be near a shopping center in the area or near a Mexican meat market. “I honestly think she doesn’t know where she is,” Roode said in an interview. (My San Antonio News)

A woman fitting Michele Boyd’s description was reported to have argued with a store clerk in the neighborhood where her car was towed. SB and JR say (AFATK) there was no surveillance video showing mother and daughter (TCPalm)

There are conflicting reports about whether her car was left locked or unlocked at the restaurant. KENS5 News reported that family members said it was found unlocked. Michele’s husband says that is not correct and it was locked. For additional information possibly from Michele’s husband see post#105, Thread #1. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nio-24-Nov-2016/page7&p=13056322#post13056322

Media Links:
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/search-underway-for-local-mom-missing-since-thanksgiving/359591494
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/family-searching-for-mother-who-disappeared-on-thanksgiving
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...-in-michele-boyds-disappearance/273-369735918
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...nurse-missing-for-more-than-a-month/380122949
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/search-for-missing-mom-we-just-want-her-back-no-matter-what
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/search-for-missing-woman-heats-up/361356820
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ng-Thanksgiving-possibly-spotted-10897752.php
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...of-missing-woman-gives-family-hope-01-31-2017
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...or-missing-sa-nurse-family-says/273-394736570
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3700117-Michele-Missing.html
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...d-10-000-missing-SA-nurse-mother-11188336.php
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/reward-increased-to-10k-for-info-on-missing-nurse/444726037
https://www.wilsoncountynews.com/news/2016-12-21/Breaking/Missing_person.html
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/help-us-find-michele-roode-boyd
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1001279273333658/
https://www.facebook.com/Cheley.Roode
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1202698152293.31127.1373775515&type=3&theater
http://www.theheidisearchcenter.org/missing/michele-roode-boyd/

Thank you for the hard work Gardener. Your timelines are always so inclusive and accurate based on the information we have. I appreciate your work so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman
Back