Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that some of Michele's family is grasping at straws to try to explain why she would be missing voluntarily-- they are looking back over past interactions and any little thing that confirms she MIGHT have been having mental health issues suddenly becomes their explanation of the current situation. It is understandable somewhat because they want to believe their loved one will be found alive. There are "very responsible" people who have breakdowns and walk away for a little bit. But most of those people are found-- either they come to their senses and return/call someone, check themselves into a hospital for help or they are found dead from their own hand. IMO, it would be rare for someone with no previous mental health history to suddenly become paranoid enough to hide but also remain lucid enough to stay hidden and not be tempted to contact anyone for a year. Someone completely in their right mind and on the run from authorities may be able to accomplish this, but even those people require some help. It is very hard to go off grid and live with no contact with other people. If Michele is alive and in hiding she has had some help from someone to remain that way. Sadly I think someone harmed her and that is why she has not been found. JMO. I hope that I am wrong. :(

Totally agree.
If she left voluntarily I think she would have surfaced by now :(
The car not being treated as a possible crime scene was a huge oversight IMO. Who knows what it might have revealed.

They lost the house supposely due to her loss of income(not working before going missing and then going missing).
I am surprised as I would think they would have some money in savings to stay longer in the house in case she returned home. If she was having mental problems and somehow returned home and no one was there...

They lost the house supposely due to her loss of income(not working before going missing and then going missing).
I am surprised as I would think they would have some money in savings to stay longer in the house in case she returned home. If she was having mental problems and somehow returned home and no one was there...

He wasn't working. They might have dwindled any savings they had to make that situation work for a while. I know lots of couples that live ok on one income, but it doesn't make any sense to have the person who *might* be struggling with mental illness be the "sole money maker"-- his words. That just puts more stress on that person who is working. JMO. I wonder if Michele had life insurance?

Her car was towed from the Taqueria Los Dos Laredos on Black Friday. My understanding was that the car was found in an impound lot by San Antonio police. Map link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d29.3983518!4d-98.4009385

Here is an image of that location:

attachment.php

Attachments

• MRBCarTowedLocation.jpg
    MRBCarTowedLocation.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 274
There had to be surveillance cameras that picked up the arrival of her vehicle and the location it was towed from. There is a pawn shop across the street to the west and a gas station to the southeast across Rigsby. Does anyone recall where her daughter was found? At a minimum she should be on camera somewhere. So there should be time stamps that box in activities on Thanksgiving Day. Also there should be any footage if Michele ever returned to the vicinity of the car prior to it being towed.

I find it odd that the exact location of her car is often mentioned but where the daughter was found never is. IIRC the first time we heard of Seth finding his daughter early in the morning was in the opinion piece.
"The worry continued into the early morning hours the next day when he got a call saying his daughter was found alone outside a San Antonio store."
http://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion...nurse-still-missing-digital-extras/101207772/

Who made that phone call? How did they know who to call? Was there someone there to meet him when he arrived? How weird is all that?

I find it odd that the exact location of her car is often mentioned but where the daughter was found never is. IIRC the first time we heard of Seth finding his daughter early in the morning was in the opinion piece.
"The worry continued into the early morning hours the next day when he got a call saying his daughter was found alone outside a San Antonio store."
http://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion...nurse-still-missing-digital-extras/101207772/

Who made that phone call? How did they know who to call? Was there someone there to meet him when he arrived? How weird is all that?
Exactly. And her husband does not mention where, how, or by whom their daughter was found in the enumerated post that goes into many different details.

From that article:

Seth Boyd was especially worried after Thanksgiving dinner when he and others received a bizarre Facebook friend request with a picture of his wife apparently taken that afternoon. The requester used a different name. The worry continued into the early morning hours the next day when he got a call saying his daughter was found alone outside a San Antonio store.
Seth Boyd, Joe Roode and others searched the area where the child was found. They looked for Michele Boyd’s cellphone, thrown in a dumpster, according to the daughter. There was no sign of Michele Boyd’s new Ford Focus. Turns out it was towed from a nearby parking lot, her wallet, keys and suitcase inside. It took several days for the men to learn about the car, but they scoured the area and created a missing-person flier.

The bolded part gives a clue of sorts I suppose. Maybe I missed something said either on her husband's posts (under her name) on her FB page or in the comments on the posts on the Find page.

Hello, this is Michele's husband. I noticed this site and looked at the posts. I see everyone having a lot of questions and theories. I hope I can help resolve a few.

1. Her hair - She cut her hair a few days prior - pixie cut, bleached it, and used kool-aid to die the tip of her bangs. She got the idea from some random girl in a magazine which she cut out and posted in one of her 27 spiral notebooks she wrote in.

2. We were not in the process of divorce. We had a mutual separation and were literally 2 miles from each other. I picked up my daughter from school everyday and brought her back to the house. I saw her everyday. I stayed there for a few weeks but she felt better to have some physical space between us so we could "find ourselves" again. There was no hostility at all.

3. She was the sole money maker which was agreed between us for our own reasons. I worked at the same company for 10 years before this decision.

4. She is the love of my life. I dispise social media. I didn't mind using facebook as a way to reach out but I do not post much. Not because I dont care, just don't like it. I have to take care of things here at home. Finding a job, paying bills, child care, etc. This came out of nowhere and the entire thing is on my plate.

5. I have driven close to 2000 miles total looking for her. As in, 2000 miles in san antonio. I go out every opportunity I can. At this point, I do not feel like she is in the same area. So, I am investigating other areas.

6. If any of you have been with a family member or friend with a mental health issue, especially of the paranoid kind, she puts up a front for anyone she does not trust or she would feel ashamed or embarrassed about them knowing. When I say there were issues that arised up to 3 months prior, it isnt something I made up. I lived through it and she admitted she needed help. It had resolved itself (I thought) but after I moved out, I suspect it went all downhill since she had no release or anyone to talk to about it.

7. When I came back to the house on Thanksgiving, she had gone through the house re-arranging everything, taking pictures down, had all kinds of things in random places that people wouldnt put. Hard to explain but it was not normal thinking process.

8. I hesitated saying anything about her state of mind. I didn't want to embarass her but as you can see, she still isn't back. So I felt it was necessary.

9. Nothing was hacked on any account. I gained access to all of her accounts and she did that on purpose. She is paranoid. She thinks she is trying to throw people off track. Things she is doing dont make sense which makes this extremely hard. People are watching, recording, testing her. She feels like she is a puppet in some master plan. It is hard to watch and experience.

10. As people have mentioned, she wouldnt have left our daughter. The only thing I can think of is she decided at some point during the day to do this and decided not to bring her on this journey she is on. I thank God she didnt.

11. I will say I do not believe she was meeting anyone. She is about as straight as they get. We are devout Christians, very faithful and love each other. She was doing this to protect us from these "people". I could give evidence of this but I am not going to exploit her private writing anymore than it has been. I really don't know what she did that night but she has no experience living on the streets, hell even alone, so no idea what she did that night. Since she is paranoid I doubt she went up to a stranger on one of the worst sides of San Antonio in the middle of the night and asked for help.

12. When the car was found it was locked. Not sure where the unlocked car thing came from. When the tow truck driver got there, there were 2 guys who had just gotten int it but luckily had not stolen anything (that I know of). Tablet was still in there so doesnt seem like it. The spare key she was using to drive was in the backseat floorboard. She might have locked herself out honestly. But of course didnt want to call me to unlock it for obvious reasons.

13. She hadn't worked in 3 weeks ( I think, maybe more). She called in, used vacation days, and census was low so she got called off.

14. The separation thing was super spontaneous and came out of nowhere. I still dont fully understand. I did agree that we needed to work on ourselves more and that is what we were in the process of doing. Things were actually getting better between us, so what made her flip, I dont know. I think possibly not having me there to do all the things I normally took care of was quite overwhelming for her. Seemed to spiral out of control the few days before due to some of the things she did.

15. She said she was coming over to my brothers for Thanksgiving. She agreed to bring a few bags of ice and would be there in a certain timeframe. After a few calls and texts, she didnt answer. I went to the house and it looks like she left in a whirlwind. It is just bizzare. She gets super stressed during holidays, so that on top of all the other issues she was going through, probably put her over the edge.

16. Why she has not contacted anyone? Not sure. She did make a few comments in her notebooks of trying to change the world and healthcare system. Other things as well but I dont feel like I should say them here. It is possible she felt like she needed to leave everything behind to hide from these people, protect us, and try to make it on her own. She has nothing that identifies her, so that is my guess.

i will try and check back for comments but I am going out tomorrow to look for her while my daughter is in school. Hope I cleared some things up.

Thanks,

Seth

I’m putting this here for easier reference.

Eta
Ugh! In Tapatalk it only shows 16 for some reason.

I want to talk about 15 and what happened from the time he went to her house because she didn't answer her phone till the time he received the call to come get his daughter. How did he respond to the fact that he didn't know where his daughter was?

I’m putting this here for easier reference.

Eta
Ugh! In Tapatalk it only shows 16 for some reason.

I want to talk about 15 and what happened from the time he went to her house because she didn't answer her phone till the time he received the call to come get his daughter. How did he respond to the fact that he didn't know where his daughter was?
Great unanswered questions!

I wonder what she was doing for Thanksgiving. Her mother said Michele told her she didn't want to spend it with her husband. I could see blowing off going to her brother-in-law's but wouldn't she do something with her daughter? Don't know if Thanksgiving dinner matters much to a 5 year old or if Thanksgiving was important to Michele - though her husband says she stressed about holidays.

Great unanswered questions!

I wonder what she was doing for Thanksgiving. Her mother said Michele told her she didn't want to spend it with her husband. I could see blowing off going to her brother-in-law's but wouldn't she do something with her daughter? Don't know if Thanksgiving dinner matters much to a 5 year old or if Thanksgiving was important to Michele - though her husband says she stressed about holidays.
She was suppose to be going over to her brother-in-law's (Seth's brother)'s house. I'll find that link.

I am so thankful you and cool12 are picking up on things I've been wondering, and constantly thinking about.

I apologize if this is repost.
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...who-disappeared-on-thanksgiving/273-361356820

"There are facts related to this case police are not releasing at this time, hoping to develop better clues."

"Employees said that they called police to report the incident, but police said that the car had not been reported stolen, so a private company towed the vehicle to a storage lot."

"She left her ID, she left her social security card, debit cards, any sort of identification, she left. She has no money, no cell phone," said Boyd’s husband, Seth."

How did he know Michele was the one to leave those things behind?

I apologize if this is repost.
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...who-disappeared-on-thanksgiving/273-361356820

"There are facts related to this case police are not releasing at this time, hoping to develop better clues."

"Employees said that they called police to report the incident, but police said that the car had not been reported stolen, so a private company towed the vehicle to a storage lot."

"She left her ID, she left her social security card, debit cards, any sort of identification, she left. She has no money, no cell phone," said Boyd’s husband, Seth."

How did he know Michele was the one to leave those things behind?
Likely an assumption by him. The question is whether she intentionally left them behind or was planning on coming back to the car but did not. I would like to know where her work ID is and whether that was one of the items found in the car.

There should be surveillance cameras that caught the arrival of her car to where it was parked so the time should be known. If that part of San Antonio is higher crime than it is very likely there are cameras.

The spare key stands out in what has been stated because she should have been using her keys she normally used. So where are those keys?

Those things add up to me that the car may have been dumped there. What would tell us that for sure is if there is any surveillance footage that shows Michele and her daughter getting out of that vehicle. If it shows anyone else then this was a dump of the vehicle.

If her keys, including house keys, were not recovered then one possibility is Michele had them with her but why have the spare key? Where was the spare key kept? Or did the husband have the spare at one time or another?

If her keys were found in the house they why take the spare instead? Was Michele's house locked when the husband arrived to check on her? If it was and the keys were found in the house were there spare keys for the house? If for some reason Michele were return to the house how would she get in other than to break in?

As you can tell I have a fixation on keys. They can be very significant in investigations. So if one key is mentioned I want to know about others because seldom do people only have one key.

Do we know when the missing persons report was made?

Likely an assumption by him. The question is whether she intentionally left them behind or was planning on coming back to the car but did not. I would like to know where her work ID is and whether that was one of the items found in the car.

There should be surveillance cameras that caught the arrival of her car to where it was parked so the time should be known. If that part of San Antonio is higher crime than it is very likely there are cameras.

The spare key stands out in what has been stated because she should have been using her keys she normally used. So where are those keys?

Those things add up to me that the car may have been dumped there. What would tell us that for sure is if there is any surveillance footage that shows Michele and her daughter getting out of that vehicle. If it shows anyone else then this was a dump of the vehicle.

If her keys, including house keys, were not recovered then one possibility is Michele had them with her but why have the spare key? Where was the spare key kept? Or did the husband have the spare at one time or another?

If her keys were found in the house they why take the spare instead? Was Michele's house locked when the husband arrived to check on her? If it was and the keys were found in the house were there spare keys for the house? If for some reason Michele were return to the house how would she get in other than to break in?

As you can tell I have a fixation on keys. They can be very significant in investigations. So if one key is mentioned I want to know about others because seldom do people only have one key.

The key thing bothers me as well. Along with that, he stated he came home after thanksgiving to find the house rearranged and things in odd places that didn't make sense. He believes she rearranged the house like that as part of her mental breakdown before leaving. Wouldn't a more logical conclusion be that whomever had Michele's keys could have gone in the house and was looking for something? The keys are significant. For some reason when I heard she was using the "spare key" I was thinking it was one of those that some people put in a "hide-a-key" box under their car in case they get locked out or lose their keys. I don't know why that was my assumption, but it was.

The key thing bothers me as well. Along with that, he stated he came home after thanksgiving to find the house rearranged and things in odd places that didn't make sense. He believes she rearranged the house like that as part of her mental breakdown before leaving. Wouldn't a more logical conclusion be that whomever had Michele's keys could have gone in the house and was looking for something? The keys are significant. For some reason when I heard she was using the "spare key" I was thinking it was one of those that some people put in a "hide-a-key" box under their car in case they get locked out or lose their keys. I don't know why that was my assumption, but it was.
I would assume since it was a 2016 (Ford Focus, I believe) that it would be a FOB and not a regular "key". I don't know enough about the car to say at this point.

But I do expect that the house keys would be regular keys so knowing if those were recovered would be important to me.

Wonder what her medical condition was, the one requiring medication, mentioned on the flyer above. One of the others said she might not even know who she is. That sounds extreme!
The key situation is confusing too. All these questions and no answers [emoji35]

Wonder what her medical condition was, the one requiring medication, mentioned on the flyer above. One of the others said she might not even know who she is. That sounds extreme!
The key situation is confusing too. All these questions and no answers [emoji35]
It would be very helpful to understand her medical condition(s). Particularly if she had stopped taking her medication prior to her disappearance.

Seriously, if she was so far gone she might not even know her name, what on earth was she doing taking care of their child alone?
Had she been diagnosed with something that required medication?
I'm starting to remember why I quit spending time on this case. There is so little to go on and no new info in months.
And we still don't know why she's not in NAMUS.

Re: the spare key found inside Michele’s car: Say, Michele is harmed (hate typing that ... I would love to see her daughter get her mama back), and her body taken to a remote location in her car.

The perp disposes of her body, perhaps burying it, burning it, etc.

As the perp gets ready to drive the car back to SA, s/he realizes Michele’s keys are missing. Say, the keys fell out of the car as the perp dragged her body out of the trunk of her car, while s/he disposed of the body, etc. The perp cannot find the keys (especially plausible if it was dark outside), but luckily, s/he is able to find a spare underneath the car inside a magnetic box, or if the perp was someone Michele trusted, Michele had given him/her one in the past and the perp has it in his/her wallet.

The perp drives the car back to SA and dumps it at the restaurant. Say, s/he had met with Michele nearby earlier in the day, his/her car is still parked in the same area. The perp drives his own car home.

If Michele had her daughter with her as she met with the perp, say, the daughter fell asleep and doesn’t remember anything.

As far as the daughter allegedly stating she witnessed Michele throwing her cell into a Dumpster, perhaps immediately after Michele’s disappearance someone told her the phone had been found inside one (though I don’t believe her phone has ever been found), and now the daughter believes -erroneously- she saw her mom put it in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back