Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because of the circumstances, my mind went to possible suicide, but then I remembered a case from last month with similar details. A woman from Moundville, AL went missing. She had a mental health condition, and had been off of her medication for one month. The day after her family reported her missing, a phone ping led the police to find her car in Mobile, AL, 5 hours from her home. The car was parked on a street near the Port of Mobile, the keys were in the ignition, and her personal items were in the car -- phone, wallet and money. There was water nearby and it looked like a possible suicide, but she was found safe several days later in Birmingham, AL. It wasn't clear how she had traveled 257 miles from Mobile to Birmingham without money or bank cards. She was returned home and hospitalized for the treatment she needed.

I'm hoping there will be a similar outcome for Michelle.

This is the WS thread for the similar case:
This is all just my opinion of course but I was thinking something like this too. I can think of two people I've known of personally through the years who had mental health episodes/breaks where, after giving everyone a good scare, they both eventually showed up at relatives' homes that were many miles from their own homes.

As has also been mentioned, there could also be some kind of ill advised "romance" going on. People in a mentally ill state can do very reckless things of course and can also be taken advantage of by others. And as someone else said, she could have a disposable cell phone and other means of getting by besides what she left behind in the vehicle, or someone else "helping" her.

Or maybe she did something else when off her meds that hasn't come to light yet, that she panicked and ran from.

And then I wonder what happens if someone is in a manic state or whatever, then comes down from it. If they might hide out then because they're too ashamed to face their loved ones after all the worry they caused.

I know all of the above probably seems like a stretch, unfortunately, but I agree that there's still some hope here.

Last edited:
whatever was bothering her was so bad she couldn't tell or ask for help just to run off without considering her children forget everyone else but her children its just hard to put myself into that state of mind so I cannot come up with anything on this

Something interesting is the location of her parked car. Yes, it is very close to the river, however, she would need to walk a long way to actually access the river. There is a massive convention center between her car and the river, as well as the start of the port. Doesn't mean that she didn't make the walk, but if her intent was suicide, there are many parking lots much closer to the actual water.

Also, how does LE know for certain that the footage from the surveillance camera is her? The video that was released to the public looks extremely blurry. Obviously it's her car, but perhaps someone else was driving it? Unless there is another video that is more distinguishable. In which case, why has that not been made public? Or at least a description of her clothing from the video?

whatever was bothering her was so bad she couldn't tell or ask for help just to run off without considering her children forget everyone else but her children its just hard to put myself into that state of mind so I cannot come up with anything on this
I agree that it is probably hard for many of us to put ourselves into that state of mind because it's not that she just has something bothering her, it's that her brain is actually malfunctioning (assuming that she is having a psych "episode," as she has a history of). It's more like if she had fallen and had a head injury and was unable to think straight because of it. That's much different than her just having some kind of personal problem and choosing to put that above her kids' welfare imo.

Last edited:
I would think they would have parking so she wouldn't have had to park at a meter with fear her car would be towed by the time she got back but I love the alternative theory.
I will admit that there was a heavy helping of optimism in that theory. As an alternative the amtrak station is only a few blocks west of that spot as well. From there you could get direct trains to New York and Chicago.

<snip> Also, how does LE know for certain that the footage from the surveillance camera is her? The video that was released to the public looks extremely blurry. Obviously it's her car, but perhaps someone else was driving it? Unless there is another video that is more distinguishable. In which case, why has that not been made public? Or at least a description of her clothing from the video?
You bring up a very good point here.

TM from Equusearch states, "We did get surveillance of her actually parking her car on Saint Peters Street at 12:01 p.m. Friday afternoon and then kind of what direction she was walking... So we know now that foul play did not happen from point A to point B" (LINK)

But if all the footage they have is from the same camera that they showed (which I've attached again for reference - it's about 30 seconds into this video), there's no way you could say for certain that that was her. It's simply too grainy to tell. It may have been someone dumping the vehicle.

Public Transportation Routes
According to NORTA.com, the St Charles Streetcar Route 12 has a stop at the intersection St. Joseph and St. Charles, which is five blocks directly west of where her vehicle was found. According to Google Maps, it would have been a 0.4 mile, 8-minute walk. (SCHEDULE PDF) After noon on a weekday, it would have been running every 12 minutes.

To the Union Passenger Terminal (Amtrak station) would have been a 1-mile, 20-minute walk.

Attachments

• MRpic1.png
    MRpic1.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 24
This new article gives further details about the overall situation. Michelle Reynolds was on leave from her job due to a mental health issue and was receiving treatment for it, according to her husband. And she told her daughter that she was going to get something to eat, in the early afternoon of Thursday, Sept. 22. Now they're saying it's unclear if the person seen leaving the SUV on the video actually was Michelle. There may be a height discrepancy.

Last edited:
Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED

AROUND SEP 1
"had been undergoing outpatient treatment for about three weeks after a recent episode, having been on leave from her job as a teacher during that time. She had been taking nightly medications" (.8.)

THU SEP 22
AM - Zoom meeting with counselor (.8.)
12p - spoke to husband, said she was going to get something to eat (last contact with family) (7)
[TIME?] PM - reported missing by husband to local LE

FRI SEP 23
[TIME?] PM - Lexus "pinged" car in New Orleans; upon LE arrival, vehicle was no longer there (1)
12:01 PM - Vehicle parked at corner of St. Peter & St. Joseph St, New Orleans (4); person who may look like MR leaves alone on foot (5) heading west (6) - husband notes potential height discrepancy between his wife and the driver in the video (.8.)

SAT SEP 24
[TIME?] PM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location. (2)

SUN SEP 25
First MSM news coverage (3)

MON SEP 26

TUE SEP 27
Footage released of MR leaving vehicle alone on foot (5)
Helicopter search on Mississippi River (.8.)

WED SEP 28
Boat search planned for Mississippi River (.8.)

SOURCES
(1)Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans
(2)'Really tough time' | Husband of missing Alvin woman says children are struggling with news
(3)Alvin ISD teacher still missing after car found in New Orleans, sheriff's office says
(4)Missing Texas teacher's car found in New Orleans as search continues
(5)HAVE YOU SEEN MICHELLE REYNOLDS?: Search continues for missing Alvin ISD teacher last seen on Thursday
(6)Missing TX teacher's car found in New Orleans; husband desperately in search of answers exclusively speaks to WDSU
(7)A Search Is Underway for a Texas Teacher Whose Car Was Found Out of State
(.8.)Alvin teacher Michelle Reynolds still missing; New Orleans police now involved in case | Houston Public Media

This new article gives further details about the overall situation. Michelle Reynolds was on leave from her job due to a mental health issue and was receiving treatment for it, according to her husband. And she told her daughter that she was going to get something to eat, in the early afternoon of Thursday, Sept. 22. Now they're saying it's unclear if the woman seen leaving the SUV on the video actually was Michelle. There may be a height discrepancy.

That's kind of confusing. If not her, who would be driving her car with all of her personal belongings in it?

Texas EquuSearch assisting in search for missing Alvin ISD teacher last seen Sept. 22​

"We’re flying probably about 20 miles down the river, low flying. We’ve had a lot of success recovering victims with the helicopter," Miller explains.

This new article gives further details about the overall situation. Michelle Reynolds was on leave from her job due to a mental health issue and was receiving treatment for it, according to her husband. And she told her daughter that she was going to get something to eat, in the early afternoon of Thursday, Sept. 22. Now they're saying it's unclear if the person seen leaving the SUV on the video actually was Michelle. There may be a height discrepancy.

This makes me worry even more for her.
I know. It puts the whole "she was safe from point A to point B" thing into question, and if she was ever even in New Orleans.
If I'm really going "conspiracy mode" here, you could wonder if someone stole her car after harming her, and then had a female accomplice with some resemblance to Michelle appear leaving the SUV on surveillance video. Just to be clear - I do not think this is the case, and it is far-fetched, but not 100% impossible.

This makes me worry even more for her.

If I'm really going "conspiracy mode" here, you could wonder if someone stole her car after harming her, and then had a female accomplice with some resemblance to Michelle appear leaving the SUV on surveillance video. Just to be clear - I do not think this is the case, and it is far-fetched, but not 100% impossible.
Well if Michelle Reynolds wasn't driving her SUV then somebody else was. So if that turns out to be the case, then I don't think your theory would be all that far-fetched, unfortunately.

I agree that it is probably hard for many of us to put ourselves into that state of mind because it's not that she just has something bothering her, it's that her brain is actually malfunctioning (assuming that she is having a psych "episode," as she has a history of). It's more like if she had fallen and had a head injury and was unable to think straight because of it. That's much different than her just having some kind of personal problem and choosing to put that above her kids' welfare imo.
Good explanation. I have wondered if she is experiencing a psychotic episode. If so, it’s difficult for us to use logical reasoning to understand irrational, illogical behavior that may be driven by delusions, hallucinations, or paranoia. I truly hope that she will be found safe.

I wonder if Equusearch went out today with the helicopter and boat as planned. Or if the driver of the SUV possibly not being Michelle Reynolds and/or some flooding in New Orleans due to Hurricane Ian stalled the search.
You are correct in sometimes a hurricane like that can impact weather far away, but Ian is heading Northeast not West into the gulf so New Orleans weather today was clear, sunny with light winds and zero rain in the forecast for the coming week. The weather wouldn't have been a factor in land or air search.

Miller says New Orleans police fingerprinted the SUV but as of Wednesday, there were no results. He admits it’s a bizarre case and has no idea why Michelle Reynolds would be in the city.

“We’ve been in 42 states, 11 different countries and every time we think we’ve seen everything, something new pops up,” Miller said. “She has no connections in New Orleans and that’s the big question. What in the world was she doing here?”

Miller said Reynolds recently took a temporary leave from her teaching job but didn’t know if that has anything to do with her missing. He’s only focused on trying to find her.

In light of everything that has developed and what we've learned so far about Michelle's disappearance....I notice she has many posts in the last couple months about visiting and reconnecting with family, friends, etc. It may be coincidental or it may "tell a story" about what she was feeling, thinking, self reflection as it were...imo. I also noted a phrase she liked and felt important to re-share and post in August.

I'm learning not to rush. To let life be beautiful. To be present. To be happy with right now. To appreciate life period.
Michelle doesn't sound depressed to me from that quote. Sounds like she's learning to appreciate the present and is planning to continue to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back