GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So she needs to have been pregnant when she committed the murder. She was so crazed that the father of her unborn child was stepping out on her that she had a moment of insanity and killed Mo. I can’t think of any other way the pregnancy could be relevant (and the fact she didn’t mention it, too bad for her). Of course I don’t believe it regardless

So she needs to have been pregnant when she committed the murder. She was so crazed that the father of her unborn child was stepping out on her that she had a moment of insanity and killed Mo. I can’t think of any other way the pregnancy could be relevant (and the fact she didn’t mention it, too bad for her). Of course I don’t believe it regardless
The articles said she claims she was pregnant near the time of her arrest (odd phrase). She killed Moriah on May 11 and was arrested June 30 in Costa Rica. That’s almost 7 weeks of time with the possibility and opportunity to sleep with someone in CR and get pregnant there. So I’m not sensing she’s claiming it was Colin’s, and I don’t believe anything she says, but since no sources have claimed she claims it was Colin’s, I think she wanted it used for sympathy in sentencing as one source claimed and no one brought it up. Probably because there was no proof it was his or no proof she was even pregnant, and if it wasn’t Colin’s, oh poor her that she got pregnant on the run!

Exactly. It’s not believable. And would only be relevant if she were pregnant from CS at time of murder.

Right. What became of the pregnancy and the baby? Is there a medical record of an abortion or a miscarriage? Where is this baby?
We will be asking this same question for as long as we have asked about Carlee Russell's toddler/baby... where is this baby? Not holding my breath, y'all. lol :)

Is she saying she wasn’t aware until arrested?

But how much time elapsed between the murder and arrest?

Is she claiming she miscarried? I’ve been too busy to thoroughly read all.

I agree that it’s only relevant if she were pregnant from the CS relationship, at the time of the murder. I could see that being a mitigating factor. Why did Rick Cofer not use that as the defense?

Ironically, I always wondered if the real reason for her deadly hatred towards Mo was a very specific situation, and I still believe it is possible.

She gets pregnant from CS in September-October of 2021, because having moved into his house, she plans to move further into his life, but he says, no, I don't want to have a child with you. Later in Mexico she finds out that the reason for his "no" was newly developed interest in Mo.

This could well be, only, if i am right, it is not a mitigating factor, it was CS's decision, why blame on Mo?

(And it wouldn't fly in court, because afterwards, she chose to get back with CS.)

JMO - but this was the explanation I gave to myself when I first heard about their break.

Ironically, I always wondered if the real reason for her deadly hatred towards Mo was a very specific situation, and I still believe it is possible.

She gets pregnant from CS in September-October of 2021, because having moved into his house, she plans to move further into his life, but he says, no, I don't want to have a child with you. Later in Mexico she finds out that the reason for his "no" was newly developed interest in Mo.

This could well be, only, if i am right, it is not a mitigating factor, it was CS's decision, why blame on Mo?

(And it wouldn't fly in court, because afterwards, she chose to get back with CS.)

JMO - but this was the explanation I gave to myself when I first heard about their break.
Yes, I could definitely see that type of situation driving her over the edge, even if it wouldn’t make a huge difference in a homicide trial.

In the past I knew a woman who’d gotten pregnant and wanted this to lead to permanence and marriage with the man. Instead he strongly resisted and she terminated the pregnancy— only to have him hook up with a new woman, get her pregnant, and then marry her.

So it wasn’t marriage and fatherhood that he resisted— it was a total rejection of her. She didn’t commit murder, but nearly committed suicide.

Is she saying she wasn’t aware until arrested?

But how much time elapsed between the murder and arrest?

Is she claiming she miscarried? I’ve been too busy to thoroughly read all.

I agree that it’s only relevant if she were pregnant from the CS relationship, at the time of the murder. I could see that being a mitigating factor. Why did Rick Cofer not use that as the defense?

His representation as her defense lawyer was pitiful. Both at the trial and during the sentencing phase. He didn't present any mitigating factors in the sentencing phase. I hope she has a new attorney now, but it sounds like the same defense team filed the appeal for a new trial. If the only way to appeal the sentence is to have a new trial, then I'm all for it. I want justice for Mo, but not vengeance.

I don't think she had a child in jail. Time-wise, it was about June/July she was arrested, and not looking pregnant at all. It reminds me of "Chicago" musical/film with this razzle-dazzle, sorry. I don't want to sound harsh, but she has enough years to appeal, and so it starts. On TX taxpayers' money, and poor Mo's parents emotions.

Early on at the time of her escape, people here on this forum speculated that she looked pregnant in some of the pictures of her that LE released at that time.

Not saying that she was or wasn't pregnant, but posters here were speculating about how she looked.

His representation as her defense lawyer was pitiful. Both at the trial and during the sentencing phase. He didn't present any mitigating factors in the sentencing phase. I hope she has a new attorney now, but it sounds like the same defense team filed the appeal for a new trial. If the only way to appeal the sentence is to have a new trial, then I'm all for it. I want justice for Mo, but not vengeance.
Agreed. I wanted justice for Mo and thought from the beginning that her murder was horrific and unjustified on any level.

But I, too, was puzzled by Cofer’s bored and apathetic stance towards his client.

And no sooner was she sentenced to 90 years, then he quickly sent notice that he was removing himself at once from the case. It’s strange, to say the least. I almost thought to myself, did they have an affair that went bad or something?

Early on at the time of her escape, people here on this forum speculated that she looked pregnant in some of the pictures of her that LE released at that time.

Not saying that she was or wasn't pregnant, but posters here were speculating about how she looked.

Well, those pictures were from the cameras in an airport. And, when she returned back, she didn't look that pregnant on photos. Anyhow, if she somehow miscarried, it must have been a very early pregnancy, that won't obviously show. Anyhow, I am usually compassionate, but this story is getting too dysfunctional for TX's money. They still have Liz Barazza's case, and many others.

(Although - I always felt that we'd have Ocean Teal as a witness, and seems that it's going exactly this route).

So it wasn’t marriage and fatherhood that he resisted— it was a total rejection of her. She didn’t commit murder, but nearly committed suicide.

<snipped for focus>

I don't think he would be ready for the commitment and responsibilities of marriage and fatherhood with anyone. He needs emotional support, not likely able to give it, as we witnessed in court during his last appearance.

And no sooner was she sentenced to 90 years, then he quickly sent notice that he was removing himself at once from the case. It’s strange, to say the least. I almost thought to myself, did they have an affair that went bad or something?

I think its merely that he's incompetent. Early on I think he was just basking in the notoriety of the case and his representation of KA. I don't think he did any work on the case, his partner seemed to be the only one who was slightly prepared for the trial. And they had plenty of time. I have always thought that KA likely ran from her medical appointment as the trial date approached, as she likely knew she had poor representation and didn't know what else to do and was panicking. I think she should have asked the court for a change in attorneys before the trial started. I wonder who is representing her now. Take 2 with the same team strikes me as futile.

I think its merely that he's incompetent. Early on I think he was just basking in the notoriety of the case and his representation of KA. I don't think he did any work on the case, his partner seemed to be the only one who was slightly prepared for the trial. And they had plenty of time. I have always thought that KA likely ran from her medical appointment as the trial date approached, as she likely knew she had poor representation and didn't know what else to do and was panicking. I think she should have asked the court for a change in attorneys before the trial started. I wonder who is representing her now. Take 2 with the same team strikes me as futile.
Her new attorney for her appeal is Jessica Freud.
Lawyer for Kaitlin Armstrong requests new trial, says she was pregnant near time of arrest

She goes by Jessi.
About | Freud Law P.C.

Although I do not think she deserves a new trial, WHY wasn't any of this other stuff brought up by her attorneys? So now the survivors (family , friends) might have to suffer another trial?

I don't think her sentence is too harsh, though. I think it's justice for a full-grown adult deciding to take an innocent life. The problem is that many times when someone is murdered, justice isn't really served, so some people think it seems like a heavy sentence. JMO.

Last edited:
Makes no sense to me, and does not seem fair for MW's family. Is it justice for them to go through another trial? KA took the life of their daughter, sister - they no longer have Moriah and KA is crying that she was pregnant? Too bad, imo.

So now there are two pregnancies? Hoping judge will deny any and all motions by the defense.

moo

According to a report from our partners at the Austin American-Statesman, the motion for the new trial was filed on Dec. 15, The motion states that evidence showed a prosecution witness wasn't properly qualified to say how Armstrong's DNA showed up on Wilson's bicycle, and that a new trial should also be granted because a judge denied a prior motion by the defense to stifle her statements when she was initially questioned by police.

The motion also claims that Armstrong was pregnant at the time of her arrest, as well as stating that she had also been pregnant at an additional time. It doesn't clarify what happened with either of her pregnancies.

The full report from the Austin American-Statesman can be read here.

Updated: 11:12 PM CST December 29, 2023

Although I do not think she deserves a new trial, WHY wasn't any of this other stuff brought up by her attorneys? So now the survivors (family , friends) might have to suffer another trial?

I don't think her sentence is too harsh, though. I think it's justice for a full-grown adult deciding to take an innocent life. The problem is that many times when someone is murdered, justice isn't really served, so some people think it seems like a heavy sentence. JMO.

Won’t there have to be official images, ultrasound and doctor visits to back it up? I don’t see how the pregnancy can be used if there is no formal evidence of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back