TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder when anyone in LE had time to review the photos of the items on the table. Had they known she was a flight risk that hour, they may have tried to follow her, but if they didn't get placed on someone's desk and to-do list until the next day, she was already selling her car and heading to NY.

I caught that too! WHY would she have had her sister's passport then and there?
If the tweet is correct, KA has Christine’s passport card. If she only had the card, she could not get to Costa Rica. She would still need the full passport book for that. May explain why she went to New York first, rather than straight to CR.

The most important difference is that passport books are accepted for all forms of international travel to all international destinations, whereas passport cards are only acceptable for land and sea transportation to Canada, Mexico, Caribbean countries, and Bermuda.

If the tweet is correct, KA has Christine’s passport card. If she only had the card, she could not get to Costa Rica. She would still need the full passport book for that. May explain why she went to New York first, rather than straight to CR.

The most important difference is that passport books are accepted for all forms of international travel to all international destinations, whereas passport cards are only acceptable for land and sea transportation to Canada, Mexico, Caribbean countries, and Bermuda.

Yes, but my question remains, WHY did Kaitlin have that at that point? Or at ANY point, for that matter? It clearly shows intent to use deception to flee, And my unspoken question, and perhaps my biggest quetion, did her sister GIVE her the passport card, or did she steal it? If neither, it should not have been in her possession. JMO

Yes, but my question remains, WHY did Kaitlin have that at that point? Or at ANY point, for that matter? It clearly shows intent to use deception to flee, And my unspoken question, and perhaps my biggest quetion, did her sister GIVE her the passport card, or did she steal it? If neither, it should not have been in her possession. JMO
And also, did her sister give her the actual passport later on, or did she steal that as well? So there are 2 possible passport type of thefts here.

If her sister gave them to her willingly, I assume she could be charged for some sort of offense, so if she agreed to some sort of deal - "no charge if you tell us what exactly happened" - would they announce this to the jury or would a deal like that be kept quiet somehow?

Updated: Nov 3, 2023 / 11:10 AM CDT

While the state mapped out a timeline through phone, GPS, video surveillance and DNA evidence prosecutors believe pin Armstrong for Wilson’s murder, the defense’s primary argument in opening statements was that none of the video shows Armstrong in person, just a car that may belong to her.

The state also addressed the relationship between Armstrong, Wilson and Armstrong’s then-boyfriend Colin Strickland.

[..]

Another neighbor testifies first Friday morning​

Daniel Sheer was the first to take the stand Friday. He lives near Cash’s apartment, where Wilson was killed.

Police contacted Sheer asking for his home surveillance footage. Sheer said he found a card from a detective at his front door a few days after the shooting with a note requesting the footage. Sheer obliged.
Defense attorney Rick Cofer asked Sheer if he knew Strickland or Armstrong or had ever seen Armstrong in person before seeing her in court Friday. Sheer said no.

Police testify about communication with Colin Strickland after the shooting​

The State played police body camera video of homicide detectives’ first interaction with Colin Strickland at Strickland’s home.
In the video, APD first asks Strickland if he knows an “Anna Moriah” and Strickland looks confused until police say “Mo Wilson.”

“There’s no easy way to say this sir–but it appears that last night she passed away,” APD informs Strickland, telling him her death is being investigated as a homicide. At this point, Strickland covers his face with his hands, then puts his hands on his hips and looks down.

Strickland explained that he and Wilson had hung out the day before, and he dropped her off just before dark at Cash’s apartment and did not go upstairs. Strickland also spoke very highly of Cash to police officers, calling her a “sweetheart” and talking about how close she and Wilson were.

Strickland told police what Wilson was wearing as they hung out, which matches crime scene photos shown earlier in the trial. Detectives asked him about his relationship with Wilson and Strickland said they had a brief relationship while he and Armstrong were on a break in 2021 but only maintained a friendship when he and Armstrong got back together.
In the video, you can see and hear Strickland consent to going to police headquarters to issue an official statement.
MOST READ: Kaitlin Armstrong Day 2: State plays doorbell video where gunshots are heard

As the video played, Wilson’s friends and family had their eyes glued to the screen on the left side of the courtroom. Armstrong looked at the screen in the front of the courtroom.

The judge excused the jury before the court viewed the video so the defense could issue objections if they wished. The defense objected to most of the video. The judge has allowed the jury to view the whole video but ruled the audio must be cut after the first few minutes, essentially just enough to capture Strickland’s initial reaction.

Before the video played, Sgt. Jason Ayers was on the stand talking about the process of going to talk to Strickland. Ayers said he and another homicide detective identified Strickland for questioning because he appeared to be the last person who saw Wilson. Ayers also said he had been told there was a black Jeep with a bike rack near the crime scene at the time of Wilson’s death, and he saw a black Jeep with a bike rack at Strickland’s home when he and Detective Richard Spitler went to question him.

Here are some tweets from a FOX reporter that caught different/additional stuff:

Carissa Lehmkuhl
@CarissaonFOX7

DAY 3: Back in court this morning for the Kaitlin Armstrong trial. Not sure who is going to testify, but some notable names on the State’s witness list that we haven’t heard from yet - Colin Strickland & Christine Armstrong (Kaitlin’s sister)
@fox7austin

9:55 AM · Nov 3, 2023 from Austin, TX
·
We’re watching Nest video that faces the alley behind where Wilson was staying.
It captures a motorcycle going by - neighbor says video was captured at 8:36 p.m.
Remember - that's the same time Wilson unlocked the front door according to Cash's keypad lock app.
@fox7austin

Now hearing from APD Sgt. Ayers who joined lead detective to interview Colin Strickland on May 12.
State asks if they consider the last person to be seen with the victim a suspect.
“I wouldn’t jump straight to suspect but I’d say person of interest for sure.”
@fox7austin

Right now we're watching body camera footage of the moment APD tells Strickland that Wilson has been found and dead. Not super emotional but appears to be in shock. APD questions him about the previous night hanging out with Wilson.
@fox7austin

Also, judge confirmed Strickland will testify at some point.
@fox7austin

We're going through photos that Guevara took showing black Jeep parked at the home. Bike rack on the back has five small reflectors - one is missing.
@fox7austin

Laptop died & no phones allowed - just broke for lunch.Most interesting photo shown had the following items found in the home laid on table:-$500 cash-foreign currency-passport card belonging to Christine Armstrong-TX license plate (looked new)
@fox7austin

With respect to the missing reflector from the back of the rack, I wonder if in the security camera footage captured by CC's neighbors, it's evident a reflector is missing.

And also, did her sister give her the actual passport later on, or did she steal that as well? So there are 2 possible passport type of thefts here.

If her sister gave them to her willingly, I assume she could be charged for some sort of offense, so if she agreed to some sort of deal - "no charge if you tell us what exactly happened" - would they announce this to the jury or would a deal like that be kept quiet somehow?
I recall there was earlier discussion here that KA was the travel planner and took on the responsibility of acting as the "agent" for her group and likely had her sister's card for convenience. Up until the event in question, CA probably trusted KA with everything.

I believe the latest on CA to authorities was that KA took her PP book without her knowledge. I think some question whether or not this is true. MOO

replying to myself to add - plus there was an event that Colin, Mo and KA attended where Colin told Mo he shouldn't have brought KA along. Colin darn well knew KA was aware of Mo and wanted her out of his life!

He sat at a table with Mo on one side and KA on the other!

Wilson was in Bentonville, too. She and Strickland shared a few sponsors, and she found herself at the same events as Strickland and Armstrong. The situation was awkward for everyone. At one point, all three were seated together at the same dinner. Strickland was in the middle, and Armstrong and Wilson were on either side. “What, does he have a hand on each thigh?” one of Strickland’s friends joked.

Good question. I am personally convinced her sister knew, told her where to get the card, and when she learned KA needed the full passport book in order to travel to CR, told her to come to New York to get it.

JMO

I can’t get over defense using the flimsy argument that no one witnessed KA at the scene of the murder.

If eyewitnesses were required to convict, there would be very few homicide convictions.

I think that’s about all defense has though.
As in - nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member