TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense asking about the motorcycle ride to Deep Eddy with Mo Wilson. Asking about the helmet she wore, how she held on to him while riding, the chinstrap on the helmet. Whether he wore a jacket during that ride.Asking about CS's interview with APD Detective Spitler. There seems to be a dispute about when CS wore his jacket on the ride.Now it's clear where this is going: DNA trace evidence from Mo Wilson on the jacket and whether or not it exists. CS can't remember if Mo Wilson held on to his waist or his body when riding.

MOO, Possible angle here is that "someone" could have entered the house and stolen the gun used to murder MW and use that to promote "reasonable doubt." It's a stretch of course, but they don't have much to work with.
And she could admit to stalking them and being in the Jeep in the neighborhood, but that she wasn't the one who went inside. A stretch for sure.

Is the defense trying to plant the idea that someone else came into their home, got the keys from the dish, and then took her gun and Jeep (and DNA apparently) and went and killed Mo. Yeah, good luck with that.
I think the defense is just offering any alternatives that a juror could possibly grasp that would result in reasonable doubt. They have to go with what she wants and that is, according to herself, she's innocent. Just wait till they start in on why her DNA was found (because she and CS lived together, her DNA would be with his and he was with Mo therefore it's logical) or the ballistics is junk science so you can't say for certain her gun was the murder weapon. moo

Now discussing a mutually-agreed conversation Colin had with defense on 10/28/23 before this trial began. It was a phone call between defense, CS and CS's attorney. Colin agrees he told defense that he had been "actively trying to forget the events" on 5/11/22.

Colin says he chose not to respond to texts he had been receiving from KA on the night Mo Wilson was murdered."You know Kaitlin Armstrong very well, don't you?" Defense asks."No, I do not." Colin tells the defense.An audible gasp in the courtroom.

Colin says he chose not to respond to texts he had been receiving from KA on the night Mo Wilson was murdered."You know Kaitlin Armstrong very well, don't you?" Defense asks."No, I do not." Colin tells the defense.An audible gasp in the courtroom. Wow!

Completely OT, but she was very attractive (physically) before the surgery, not so much after. I realize makeup has something to do with it, but I bet, in hindsight, she regrets that decision.
Being attractive in prison may not be all that desirable

Now discussing a mutually-agreed conversation Colin had with defense on 10/28/23 before this trial began. It was a phone call between defense, CS and CS's attorney. Colin agrees he told defense that he had been "actively trying to forget the events" on 5/11/22.

Colin says he chose not to respond to texts he had been receiving from KA on the night Mo Wilson was murdered."You know Kaitlin Armstrong very well, don't you?" Defense asks."No, I do not." Colin tells the defense.An audible gasp in the courtroom.

Whoa! I wasn't expecting that! There's another nail in her coffin.

Asking about the motorcycle ride. Defense: Were Moriah Wilson’s arms around you on the motorcycle ride?Strickland says it’s possible that Wilson’s hands were on his hips for stability. Asks if it’s the same seat Armstrong sat on, which Strickland says is correct.

Ah....alluding to an area where KA DNA could have been transferred to Mo and thus to the seat of Mo's bike and handlebar.

Why would he have agreed to speak with her attorneys two days before the trial started? I don't understand the purpose of that conversation -- from either side.

Is the defense trying to plant the idea that someone else came into their home, got the keys from the dish, and then took her gun and Jeep (and DNA apparently) and went and killed Mo. Yeah, good luck with that.
It sure sounds like it and if I was CS, I'd be ticked off too and "not remembering" anything. I understand defense attorneys have a job to do, but geez.. Some of this is ridiculous.

And somehow she arrives home in her Jeep later that night like nothing happened? And at CS's urging, she makes a list of places she went that day/evening and none of them involved taking Ubers, city buses or going to the police to report her beloved Jeep stolen? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia