TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they have placed her gun, her jeep and her DNA at the crime scene. Evidence of stalking and two witnesses testified to the "kill her” comment, escape (always on the run)

What else? moo
Plus, her phone gets turned off, mysteriously loses a signal, or dies shortly before the murder and is turned back on, again picks up a signal, or magically is recharged very shortly after the murder.

Agreed. Curious why the judge disallowed cameras?

real time for transparency and taxpayer dollars. moo

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that the benefits of having cameras in the courtroom outweigh the benefits of not having them.
It is my position that there ought to be a camera in every courtroom. Judge's discretion as to whether to livestream it, but in the interest of transparency, I want a record, and at the conclusion of every trial, the video ought to be released.

JMO but I think it's a sound opinion.

b
Plus, her phone gets turned off, mysteriously loses a signal, or dies shortly before the murder and is turned back on, again picks up a signal, or magically is recharged very shortly after the murder.
And the Jeep mysteriously stops at two dumpsters en route back to her house, and she arrives home at the same time via… invisible Uber?!

@alcaprari23

Witness passed. Defense asks if Aston is an expert of JAG and ammunition. Also asks if his line of work should be considered as subjective opinion. Aston agrees, yes, the findings are his opinion.

6:38 PM · Nov 13, 2023

Context: JAG was printed on the shell casings. JAG was bought out by Ammo Inc in 2019. But JAG is not the only headstamp found on Ammo Inc. ammunition and JAG headstamps are pretty common, in general.

6:39 PM · Nov 13, 2023

So they have placed her gun, her jeep and her DNA at the crime scene. Evidence of stalking and two witnesses testified to the "kill her” comment, escape (always on the run) and digital forensics.

What else? moo
Not only have they placed the gun at the crime scene, they've placed it in her hands at a firing range so everyone can see she knows how to use it.

@JessicaTaylorTX

Defense asks if there’s a term we can use to describe the agreement we can see. Aston says identification can be used. Defense asks if because the lines correspond, they render an identification.

6:42 PM · Nov 13, 2023

Defense asks if Aston knows of the AFTE journal. I looked it up, and it’s, “the official publication of the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiner.”

6:44 PM · Nov 13, 2023

@alcaprari23

Defense is reading an article from the Association of Firearms and Tool Mark Examiners which posited that agreement lines found in test firings might closely resemble two different guns. A good strategy to add doubt in the minds of the jurors of the credibility of the testimony.

6:50 PM · Nov 13, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member