TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn’t even know who Moriah Wilson is….the murder victim that she is working on her case?
I wonder if forensic examiners are generally not told anything about the case they are working on. It's one less avenue for a defense to claim that LE was prejudging them.

It is odd that the witness seemed to say she doesn't know who MW is today. Surely, she had to have been told something before showing up to testify. But I guess that's one of the dangers of getting trial updates by tweet. Did the witness actually say that she doesn't know who MW is, or did she really say that she didn't know who she was at the time she did her examination?

Curious what makes you feel that way. I was thinking she'd either state she had no idea how KA got her passport, or that she had left it with KA in TX, or that someone must have stolen it and she didn't even know it was missing, or that she loaned it to her for some odd reason.
I'm not Rick, but exactly... so why waste everyone's time? She's not a credible or useful witness, imo.

Wonder where defense got that idea that it was the helmet KA normally wore. Maybe KA told them it looked like her helmet when she was staking out the apartment, LOL. Honest mistake.

Also still wondering what that meeting or conference call was about between KA's defense team and CS and his lawyer.
I missed that!? The call between CS and KA defense? when?

I looked at some of the docs filed in this and the Indigency Form filed on 7-20-22 shows zero real property. Travis Cad shows she owned 2 properties (100%) in 2022...both those properties were quit claimed filed on 11-21-22 - one to her sister Christine and one to her mother Sharon. I don't know what this means but I guess it's one way of keeping what you have and being indigent at the same time.

TCAD Property Search (note: I could not get the individual pages to link)
Theft of service charge occurred in 2018 -- long before KA was a property owner.

I recall we learned early that KA had very little equity in the two properties -- owned them a year or less. I was not surprised to see KA signed them over to mom and sister -- she's not going anywhere!

I'm not Rick, but exactly... so why waste everyone's time? She's not a credible or useful witness, imo.
Agree. Christine would have been a wild card…if an agreement was made ahead of time or not she could bomb out on the stand.

The last witness for the prosecution was excellent, along with her video. It sounded like the jury was thoroughly engaged…then ending with that audio of Mo screaming and the gunshots.

@alcaprari23

Next witness: William Tobin, an expert on Firearms/Toolmarks. He would appear virtually, but the judge is unclear how she will swear him in. These are logistics that have not been solved yet and for this reason, the jury is being dismissed for another 10 minutes. Kaitlin Armstrong has been excused.

12:42 PM · Nov 15, 2023

Defense Attorney Puryear is explaining to the Judge how the logistics will work. Tobin will appear via Zoom on the monitors in front of the jury. A demonstrative PowerPoint will play on a big screen TV to the courtroom. A courtroom administrator is being called in to help the judge understand the logistics. Feels like all this should have been figured out much earlier today.

12:45 PM · Nov 15, 2023

@alcaprari23

"There is additional genetic DNA there that is not consistent with any of the samples that we have," Quartaro says about the unknown third DNA profile found on the gun.The samples that they have and were asked to compare to were Armstrong, Strickland, Wilson and Cash.

11:40 AM · Nov 15, 2023
Just bouncing off the tweet. RBBM

But so what. Is there any evidence the gun was stolen and then returned after the murders. No offence to the D and I know they dont have much to go with, but this seems so weak to me. Jmo.

@MillsHayesTV

Quartaro says defense told him the helmet Moriah Wilson was wearing 5/11/22 was the one Kaitlin Armstrong usually wore.Rickey Jones clarifies it belongs to Colin Strickland and says Armstrong hadn't ridden that bike (motorcyle) in over a month.

12:01 PM · Nov 15, 2023
That is so not good for the defense. Someone on the defense side of things wasn't telling the truth or the defense just made an assumption about the ownership of the helmet or Quartaro is mistaken in what the defense said to him. Either way it doesn't bolster confidence in what her defense attorneys are presenting. If KA saw CS and MW arrive back at the apt she knows it was CS' helmet.

I missed that!? The call between CS and KA defense? when?

Found the tweet!

Alex Caprariello
@alcaprari23

Now discussing a mutually-agreed conversation Colin had with defense on 10/28/23 before this trial began. It was a phone call between defense, CS and CS's attorney. Colin agrees he told defense that he had been "actively trying to forget the events" on 5/11/22.

12:17 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Agree. Christine would have been a wild card…if an agreement was made ahead of time or not she could bomb out on the stand.

The last witness for the prosecution was excellent, along with her video. It sounded like the jury was thoroughly engaged…then ending with that audio of Mo screaming and the gunshots.
In the end, how KA got her sister's passport just isn't that important anyways. She's not on trial for using a false passport nor for its theft. We know she obtained it somehow and used it to flee to Costa Rica.

I doubt her sister would willing testify to KA's demeanor or to any incriminating statements she made when she came to New York. So I can't see what her testimony would add to the case.

Perhaps Kaitlin Kait Kai Allison Arie passed on the plea deal, not in the hopes of acquittal at trial, but to exact maximum pain.

She's a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

She wanted this trial. She wanted revenge. She's not done.

JMO

Just bouncing off the tweet. RBBM

But so what. Is there any evidence the gun was stolen and then returned after the murders. No offence to the D and I know they dont have much to go with, but this seems so weak to me. Jmo.
Everything that possibly could have gone wrong, in order to implicate an innocent KA, would had to have gone wrong, in order for her not to be guilty of this murder. Someone had to have gotten her Jeep and driven the murder area while her phone was in the Jeep, although we have seen texts from her at her supposed appointment, during that time frame. They would had to have gotten into her house, gotten her supposedly locked gun and ammo. Then they had to have committed the murder while KA was otherwise still unaccounted for, spread her DNA around, then had to have returned the Jeep, gun and phone to her without her having missed or reported any of those things. JMO

Sounds plausible to me....

Last edited:
In the end, how KA got her sister's passport just isn't that important anyways. She's not on trial for using a false passport nor for its theft. We know she obtained it somehow and used it to flee to Costa Rica.

I doubt her sister would willing testify to KA's demeanor or to any incriminating statements she made when she came to New York. So I can't see what her testimony would add to the case.
I guess I was thinking that a definitive theft of it would also work against KA to help the state's case.

@alcaprari23

It seems we are set. The jury is being brought back into the courtroom. Armstrong has taken her seat. On the Zoom we have Bill Tobin in the top left corner, the courtroom on the top right, the defense attorneys on the bottom right and an unseen court administrator bottom left.

12:59 PM · Nov 15, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member