TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alcaprari23

Aston discussing "individual characteristics" that a weapon has. Must look at the totality of their evidence and the level of agreement shown in test firings. Some jury members look bored. Mo's brother rests his head on a friend's shoulder and takes a nap. Can't blame him.

5:17 PM · Nov 13, 2023

Honestly, I know they are not to form opinions until they have heard all of the testimony, but they are human, and my guess is the majority, if not all of the jurors, have heard all they need to hear in order to decide this case, already. JMO
It is tedious but really important the jury has ballistic evidence from the scene that ties to the gun in KA's home. The likelyhood that some unsub took that gun and then returned it all cleaned up is so unreasonable it's laughable. moo

The timeline of events is jumping around as these witnesses are called. But I believe that these events all occur in January 2022:
  • KA learns that CS ”cheated” on her with MW during their breakup in October/November 2021
  • KA tells her friend she wants to kill MW
  • KA goes to the shooting range to practice using her gun
IMO this shows that she started planning this murder months ahead of time. Which makes sense to me because I have wondered how she was able to keep such a cool head in aftermath of the murder and plan her escape out of the country, create alternate identities, and arrange plastic surgery etc.. so efficiently.

@alcaprari23

Aston discussing "individual characteristics" that a weapon has. Must look at the totality of their evidence and the level of agreement shown in test firings. Some jury members look bored. Mo's brother rests his head on a friend's shoulder and takes a nap. Can't blame him.

Oh, no! moo

@alcaprari23

The ones looking bored most likely already know what Aston is talking about. moo

I think the state is doing a great job.
It’s not like KA had a gun for five or so years that she purchased herself. And inquired,learned to shoot long before MW came into the picture.
Not only does all this point to her premeditation but her absolutely cruel delegation of/and using people(be it their name or time)in her plan & crime.
I think this exposed factual data coupled with her self centered evil has got to be echoing in that court room today. JMO

I remember during opening statements that the defense plans on pushing that ballistic science is not an exact science and can be easily misinterpreted. It's likely the reason why the prosecution is diving so deep into how Aston knows what he knows and what exactly ballistic examinations entail.

Here we go. Prosecution now asking about Aston's experience studying the Armstrong case. Aston was asked to perform two different sets of analysis.

1) Provided three fired cartridge cases, two firearms, a magazine, a loader and a pistol case

Two guns examined: Sig Sauer 9mm pistol and a Springfield Armory EMP Roman 9mm pistol.

I remember during opening statements that the defense plans on pushing that ballistic science is not an exact science and can be easily misinterpreted. It's likely the reason why the prosecution is diving so deep into how Aston knows what he knows and what exactly ballistic examinations entail.

Here we go. Prosecution now asking about Aston's experience studying the Armstrong case. Aston was asked to perform two different sets of analysis.

1) Provided three fired cartridge cases, two firearms, a magazine, a loader and a pistol case

Two guns examined: Sig Sauer 9mm pistol and a Springfield Armory EMP Roman 9mm pistol.

I knew there was a method to the madness. moo

@alcaprari23

Aston being asked to examine spent 9mm cartridges cases that are inside a large, transparent ziploc evidence bags. Aston puts on black surgical gloves and removes one of the cartridges for the jury to see. You can see the unique identifier and Aston's initials.

5:26 PM · Nov 13, 2023

The timeline of events is jumping around as these witnesses are called. But I believe that these events all occur in January 2022:
  • KA learns that CS ”cheated” on her with MW during their breakup in October/November 2021
  • KA tells her friend she wants to kill MW
  • KA goes to the shooting range to practice using her gun
IMO this shows that she started planning this murder months ahead of time. Which makes sense to me because I have wondered how she was able to keep such a cool head in aftermath of the murder and plan her escape out of the country, create alternate identities, and arrange plastic surgery etc.. so efficiently.
Yes. agreed.

@alcaprari23

The cartridge is then placed on its side on the projector. You can now see the profile of the case. The primer is on the left. Inside of it would have been the gunpowder and the projectile. Because this cartridge has already been fired, there is no bullet.

5:30 PM · Nov 13, 2023

@alcaprari23

Aston places the spent shell casing on a projector that displays it to the entire courtroom & jury. You can see the head stamp, the lettering "JAG" (manufacturer). You can see the silver primer and an hemispherical indentation from the firing pin.

5:29 PM · Nov 13, 2023
This is good....wish I were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members