TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and that unknown person who borrowed her car while she was having filler work done, turned off her phone that she left in her car during the crime so that she wouldn't get blamed... oh, and probably covered for her with those texts during that time too, just to help out.

Yes, and impersonated KA to her friends who heard KA saying she wanted to kill Mo. And one thief stole Mo's bike, and another impersonator, CS's money... and all women after Botox look the same, so someone else stole the Botox procedure, not KA. And it was probably CA who flew to CR to KA's passport. The whole world is in cahoots to frame KA (not).

@alcaprari23

Tobin says that terms like "sufficient agreement," as used in the AFTE theory, are some of the most "flawed, worthless statements and claims."Tobin says AFTE theory cannot be called protocol, only guidelines. It is so imbued with fallacies of presumption, Tobin says. He calls the AFTE terminology "vague, vacuous and uninterpretable."

1:56 PM · Nov 15, 2023

@alcaprari23

Tobin says there is no scientific accepted protocol for firearms and tool mark examinations because there is no protocol that specifies the parameters of detection. Recall that the defense continued to emphasize with the last ballistic expert that he was giving his subjective opinion when saying that the spent shell casings found at the crime scene were "in agreement" with the test firings from Armstrong's gun.

1:53 PM · Nov 15, 2023
So if there is no scientific accepted protocol, he can only offer an opinion, and we all have one of those. He just seems to think his is superior to anyone else's.

@alcaprari23

A good metaphor about the vagueness of AFTE terminology from Tobin: It would be like giving someone a recipe to bake a cake but only telling them that you need sufficient ingredients for a sufficient amount of time at a sufficient temperature. If you do that sufficiently, you will bake a cake.

2:00 PM · Nov 15, 2023

@alcaprari23

Alex note: Doesn't look like this witness is really having an impact on the jury. One woman leans back in her chair and closes her eyes. Another guy shifts in his seat and stares out at the gallery, taking his focus off the screens.It's not just that the presentation is filled with technical terms. I think the fact that Tobin is appearing virtually is less appealing for a jury to listen to.Some people in the gallery are taking naps, doing crossword puzzles, reading.

2:04 PM · Nov 15, 2023

Tobin says firearms identification is not a science. It is devoid of six cornerstones of the scientific method and is 100% subjective.

2:05 PM · Nov 15, 2023

I know what he sounds like in these tweets, but can only imagine what he sounds like in person. Two words…big ego…or paid expert
I don't know how much he may have been paid, but I don't think it was enough to overcome the mountain of evidence that points directly to the defendant.

Bill Tobin’s CV from his professional website - https://forensicresources.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Tobin.William2023.pdf — gotta love how the guy lists his Calculus I refresher course from community college on page 1, maybe I need to rewrite my CV … smiling. I wish we could see a pic of the guy (can we, anywhere? Or an artist’s rendering from courtroom? Curious what jurors are seeing). He served with distinction in Vietnam and retired from the FBI in 1998 … by my math he’s most likely in his 80s, no?

Bill Tobin’s CV from his professional website - https://forensicresources.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Tobin.William2023.pdf — gotta love how the guy lists his Calculus I refresher course from community college on page 1, maybe I need to rewrite my CV … smiling. I wish we could see a pic of the guy (can we, anywhere? Or an artist’s rendering from courtroom? Curious what jurors are seeing). He served with distinction in Vietnam and retired from the FBI in 1998 … by my math he’s most likely in his 80s, no?

Ask and ye shall receive.

(More than 20 years ago so he will have aged)

@alcaprari23

Alex note: Doesn't look like this witness is really having an impact on the jury. One woman leans back in her chair and closes her eyes. Another guy shifts in his seat and stares out at the gallery, taking his focus off the screens.It's not just that the presentation is filled with technical terms. I think the fact that Tobin is appearing virtually is less appealing for a jury to listen to.Some people in the gallery are taking naps, doing crossword puzzles, reading.

2:04 PM · Nov 15, 2023

Tobin says firearms identification is not a science. It is devoid of six cornerstones of the scientific method and is 100% subjective.

2:05 PM · Nov 15, 2023
I told ya! They have clocked out and are only thinking about lunch. Cant say that I blame them.

I think you're probably right on. My father served in Vietnam and will turn 80 in February.

He is the defense's star witness … it's a shame defense didn't prepare ahead for their witness.
Curious how much he was paid for his testimony?
Imo, you need relatable witnesses, too technical and too much terminology which no one understands doesn’t work… explain it so a layperson can follow along. Otherwise... zzzz

moo

He was on a Forensic Files episode in 2005.

MV5BYzEyNzczZGMtMjBmNy00OGMxLTg3MDYtMzM1OTg4MjEyODliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDY3OTcyOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

He is the defense's star witness … it's a shame defense didn't prepare ahead for their witness.
Curious how much he was paid for his testimony?
Imo, you need relatable witnesses, too technical and too much terminology which no one understands doesn’t work… explain it so a layperson can follow along. Otherwise... zzzz

moo
And it must be even more zzz-ish considering they are watching him testify virtually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper