GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alcaprari23

Karen Wilson now takes the stand.She first thanks the Judge for giving her the opportunity to speak."Kaitlin Armstrong. I'm not sure my words can penetrate your heart, but I'm going to try. I hate what you did to my beautiful daughter. It was very selfish and cowardly. That violent act on May 11. It was cowardly because you never chose to face her woman to woman in a civil conversation. She would have listened. She was an amazing listener. She would have cared about your feelings...if you allowed yourself to actually know her, you never, ever would have wanted to hurt her. This never would have happened. You and Colin could have had a beautiful life together. You destoryed that. You ruined your life. Your family's life. Our lives, and crushed the lives of many more. When you shot Moriah in the heart, you shot me in my heart. You shot Eric and Matt in the heart...you will have to live with your choices and its consequences just like all of us do on this planet because you are a human being, created in the image of God. I pray for your healing. The only way that can begin is to admit your guilt. Only your actions can seek forgiveness. And not just from us, but most importantly, from your creator. Jesus is your very best friend. He is the one who can cover this sin because he is the only righteous one who suffered on his behalf... only you can choose to cry out to him and be redeemed. He can melt your heart of stone with his unconditional love, mercy and grace. It's up to you. There is no winner in this story. Your actions have caused all sides to suffer. There is a ripple effect of sorrow upon sorrow upon sorrow. Moriah is free of this sorrow, though. She is more alive today than any of us here."

3:47 PM · Nov 17, 2023
Oh. My. God.
This is an incredibly powerful and moving message to KA.
From MO’s own mother.
WOW.

I predict an appeal on her 2 escapes coming in……
fat chance IMO

Judge & jury were very professional
Cameras were mostly absent
She hid behind her hair
She got to look at Colin up there ..twice
She got to question DNA
She was treated well
And lost!

I am extremely satisfied with the sentence the jury handed down, but I am wondering why they didn't give her the maximum, when they got within nine years of it. Clearly, they went much higher than even the prosecutor suggested, based on his 40 years starting point mention. At what point do you decide, 99 years seems too harsh, let's knock off 9?

I am extremely satisfied with the sentence the jury handed down, but I am wondering why they didn't give her the maximum, when they got within nine years of it. Clearly, they went much higher than even the prosecutor suggested, based on his 40 years starting point mention. At what point do you decide, 99 years looks too harsh, let's knock off 9?

I'm fine with 90 years as she'll rot in prison and become institutionalized. No sane person would have done what she did.

She didn't even have the decency to address the Wilson family.

Kaitlin Armstrong sentenced to 90 years​

• Anna Moriah 'Mo' Wilson was killed in May 2022
  • A jury convicted Kaitlin Armstrong of her murder
  • Armstrong has been sentenced to 90 years and a $10,000 fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics