GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alcaprari23

"Even after all of this, I feel hope. I hope that I can live a life that she would be proud of and I will carry her with me each day. I choose light, I choose joy, and I choose Love. And Kaitlin, I really hope you can find that, too."

3:42 PM · Nov 17, 2023
She’s amazing and so full of grace.

@alcaprari23

Karen Wilson now takes the stand.She first thanks the Judge for giving her the opportunity to speak."Kaitlin Armstrong. I'm not sure my words can penetrate your heart, but I'm going to try. I hate what you did to my beautiful daughter. It was very selfish and cowardly. That violent act on May 11. It was cowardly because you never chose to face her woman to woman in a civil conversation. She would have listened. She was an amazing listener. She would have cared about your feelings...if you allowed yourself to actually know her, you never, ever would have wanted to hurt her. This never would have happened. You and Colin could have had a beautiful life together. You destoryed that. You ruined your life. Your family's life. Our lives, and crushed the lives of many more. When you shot Moriah in the heart, you shot me in my heart. You shot Eric and Matt in the heart...you will have to live with your choices and its consequences just like all of us do on this planet because you are a human being, created in the image of God. I pray for your healing. The only way that can begin is to admit your guilt. Only your actions can seek forgiveness. And not just from us, but most importantly, from your creator. Jesus is your very best friend. He is the one who can cover this sin because he is the only righteous one who suffered on his behalf... only you can choose to cry out to him and be redeemed. He can melt your heart of stone with his unconditional love, mercy and grace. It's up to you. There is no winner in this story. Your actions have caused all sides to suffer. There is a ripple effect of sorrow upon sorrow upon sorrow. Moriah is free of this sorrow, though. She is more alive today than any of us here."

3:47 PM · Nov 17, 2023

@alcaprari23

Mike Armstrong stands at attention while his daughter is being dismissed. Kaitlin does not look back at her family. Christine Armstrong continues to cry from her seat. Kaitlin is called back in. The judge is now giving instructions to the jury for their dismissal before thanking the jury for taking their responsibility seriously. The jury is now dismissed. The defense asks for a sidebar with the Judge. Armstrong now approaches and joins them at the judge's table.

3:51 PM · Nov 17, 2023

90 years but is she eligible for parole?

If yes, then she could be out in 45 years (eligible for release after 50% of sentence).
The judge informed the jury before deliberating that she'd be eligible for parole after serving half of her sentence or 30 years, whichever comes first. So, she will actually be eligible for parole after serving 30 years. She'll be 65 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996