TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's worth considering that KA's anger may have shifted, from an instant rage toward MW to a slow boil toward her bf. And that her decision that day was aimed directly at him, by shooting her. She may have had aspirations, apart from any of that, of one day living a simpler life, and that may be serving her needs now. One definitive, damning maneuver here before starting a new life elsewhere. To destroy what seemed to matter to her bf and abscond for an unfettered life of zen.

I look forward to LE locating her -- and definitively maneuvering to fetter her for life.

JMO
I can't shake the feeling that the anonymous caller to police on May 14th was KA's sister.

On May 14, 2022, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin Police Department to provide information regarding this incident. The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022. The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson. Armstrong then proceeded to tell the caller Armstrong had either recently purchased firearm or was going to.

Until today, I read the above as meaning it was in January 2022 that KA first found out about the October 2021 "dalliance" (word is mine, no disrespect of MW intended) between MW and CS. But now I'm thinking that MW and CS hooked up again after October 2021, post KA and CS reconciling, and that's what KA discovered and was reacting to in January. MW's friend told police this:

"Jane" advised Wilson and Strickland have had multiple romantic relationships together and described it as an "on again, off again" relationship. "Jane" stated Wilson's and Strickland's romantic relationship started during Wilson's first trip to Austin, Texas in the fall 2021. "Jane" advised Armstrong discovered Wilson's phone number and contacted Wilson several times, causing Wilson to block Armstrong's phone number. "Jane" stated Wilson told her within the past two months, Armstrong began following Wilson on Instagram. "Jane" advised the last time Armstrong called Wilson, she told Wilson she was with Strickland and Wilson needed to stay away from him.

www.documentcloud.org/documents/22038152-kaitlin-marie-armstrong-warrant-affidavit
In light of all of that (the phone calls, the instagram following), scratch my theory. This sounds like a fullblown, personal vendetta.

How does it ever come to pass that one person thinks they own another person? And then to turn to  murder? It's unfathomable to me.

Utterly unnecessary, tragic loss of life.

JMO

Last edited:
I can't shake the feeling that the anonymous caller to police on May 14th was KA's sister.

On May 14, 2022, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin Police Department to provide information regarding this incident. The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022. The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson. Armstrong then proceeded to tell the caller Armstrong had either recently purchased firearm or was going to.

Until today, I read the above as meaning it was in January 2022 that KA first found out about the October 2021 "dalliance" (word is mine, no disrespect of MW intended) between MW and CS. But now I'm thinking that MW and CS hooked up again after October 2021, post KA and CS reconciling, and that's what KA discovered and was reacting to in January. MW's friend told police this:

"Jane" advised Wilson and Strickland have had multiple romantic relationships together and described it as an "on again, off again" relationship. "Jane" stated Wilson's and Strickland's romantic relationship started during Wilson's first trip to Austin, Texas in the fall 2021. "Jane" advised Armstrong discovered Wilson's phone number and contacted Wilson several times, causing Wilson to block Armstrong's phone number. "Jane" stated Wilson told her within the past two months, Armstrong began following Wilson on Instagram. "Jane" advised the last time Armstrong called Wilson, she told Wilson she was with Strickland and Wilson needed to stay away from him.

www.documentcloud.org/documents/22038152-kaitlin-marie-armstrong-warrant-affidavit
Yes, I think it’s clear that KA’s anger was in January 2022 when she and CS had reconciled and she subsequently found out he was again seeing Moriah.

The caller certainly had a LOT of information about the relationship between CS and KA, and the jealousy and anger consuming KA. But why would CA turn in her own sister? Perhaps because the crime was so very serious?

I hadn't thought about this, but makes sense. Seems sisters were/are really close and likely best friends. I would also wager that the time KA knocked on someone's door and asked to use their phone, it was to call CA post-police questioning. Phones had already been confiscated at that point, right?

I wonder if the media were referring to the info that is out there that KA followed them on the tracking software that was referred to earlier.

edited to clear up reply box

This is the source quote from which #3 comes from, which I find it wrong/misleading:
Investigators have said evidence indicates Armstrong followed the pair for at least a portion of their outing. Home surveillance footage from a neighboring residence shows Armstrong’s black Jeep Grand Cherokee – which she later sold – driving past the home just moments after Strickland had left.

Absolutely nothing has shown CS/MW were being tailed and if KA was arrested and the prosecution said KA was chasing right behind in their car, it would weaken the case. What it does look like from the videos released that these reference is that KA parked on another street where she had view of the balcony and then after CS left KA drove across a private driveway to MW's street, which is completely different from chasing right behind someone. If you wait for someone to arrive home you are not following them where if anything waiting to ambush would be the more appropriate phrase. CS had better not have seen MW's vehicle or else that would be problematic.

This is the source quote from which #3 comes from, which I find it wrong/misleading:
Investigators have said evidence indicates Armstrong followed the pair for at least a portion of their outing. Home surveillance footage from a neighboring residence shows Armstrong’s black Jeep Grand Cherokee – which she later sold – driving past the home just moments after Strickland had left.

Absolutely nothing has shown CS/MW were being tailed and if KA was arrested and the prosecution said KA was chasing right behind in their car, it would weaken the case. What it does look like from the videos released that these reference is that KA parked on another street where she had view of the balcony and then after CS left KA drove across a private driveway to MW's street, which is completely different from chasing right behind someone. If you wait for someone to arrive home you are not following them where if anything waiting to ambush would be the more appropriate phrase. CS had better not have seen MW's vehicle or else that would be problematic.
Yes, it’s the special circumstances of “lying in wait”.
I’m assuming CS didn’t see the vehicle, and he’s not been charged with accessory…. but….

I hadn't thought about this, but makes sense. Seems sisters were/are really close and likely best friends. I would also wager that the time KA knocked on someone's door and asked to use their phone, it was to call CA post-police questioning. Phones had already been confiscated at that point, right?
Again, though, as they were so close, would she be likely to tip police off? Sounds like this tip really made them hone in on her.

Yes, I think it’s clear that KA’s anger was in January 2022 when she and CS had reconciled and she subsequently found out he was again seeing Moriah.

The caller certainly had a LOT of information about the relationship between CS and KA, and the jealousy and anger consuming KA. But why would CA turn in her own sister? Perhaps because the crime was so very serious?
Also sometime in January 2022 was this happening, per CS to the Sun

Strickland has also confirmed that Armstrong and Wilson had come face to face with each other at a cycling event held in Arkansas in January of this year.

Following that event, Wilson texted Strickland: "This weekend was strange for me and I just want to know what's going on.

"If you just want to be friends (seems to be the case) then that's cool, but I'd like to talk about it cause honestly my mind has been going in circles and I don't know what to think."

[the affidavit says this too about the text about the January incident :]

Strickland replied the following the next day:
"Hey Mo- I feel very s—-y for putting you in a position where you don't feel comfortable. Kaitlin came along the go to a meeting about the sprinter/spartan hotel project. In hindsight, this was not a good idea."
Based off of this conversation, Wilson appeared under the impression she was still in a romantic relationship with Stickland even though he was currently dating Armstrong.

Sun link:

Last edited:

The affidavit says the following below are among the things with video corroboration, but I read that to mean KA was stalking around the apartment where MW was staying, not necessarily that she followed CS and MW to the pool and the Pool Burger. Maybe she knew in advance where they were going that night by spying on his phone, and wanted to get in place to surreptitiously watch MW get dropped off and then attack.

o 8:16 PM ~ Strickland and Wilson leave the parking lot of Pool Burger on Strickland's motorcycle
o 8:26 PM - Armstrong's vehicle drives northbound on Maple Ave and then westbound on East 18'" St
o 8:35 PM - Strickland drives northbound through the alleyway, north of East 18th St, on his
motorcycle

Strickland has also confirmed that Armstrong and Wilson had come face to face with each other at a cycling event held in Arkansas in January of this year.

Following that event, Wilson texted Strickland: "This weekend was strange for me and I just want to know what's going on.

"If you just want to be friends (seems to be the case) then that's cool, but I'd like to talk about it cause honestly my mind has been going in circles and I don't know what to think."

"Hey Mo- I feel very for putting you in a position where you don't feel comfortable. Kaitlin came along the go to a meeting about the sprinter/spartan hotel project. In hindsight, this was not a good idea."
Based off of this conversation, Wilson appeared under the impression she was still in a romantic relationship with Stickland even though he was currently dating Armstrong.

Sun link:
Respectfully, the info you quote has been shared several times in the thread. Did you miss it?

Imagine if KA was able to see the communications between MW & CS after trying to shut it down by calling MW & monitoring texts/calls on CS's phone.

Then imagine if CS rubbed salt in the wound by hiding his ongoing contact with MW.

KA should have gotten legal advice to untie any business connections to CS & left him. She could do better in every area of her life.

Now when she's caught - and she will be - CS will be in court testifying against her. And let us remember the crime she is charged with can result in death sentence.

MOO

Yes, it’s the special circumstances of “lying in wait”.
I’m assuming CS didn’t see the vehicle, and he’s not been charged with accessory…. but….

Did LE actually say that they are charging KA with special circumstances of "lyng in wait"? I didn't see that, but probably missed it.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Respectfully, the info you quote has been shared several times in the thread. Did you miss it?

Imagine if KA was able to see the communications between MW & CS after trying to shut it down by calling MW & monitoring texts/calls on CS's phone.

Then imagine if CS rubbed salt in the wound by hiding his ongoing contact with MW.

KA should have gotten legal advice to untie any business connections to CS & left him. She could do better in every area of her life.

Now when she's caught - and she will be - CS will be in court testifying against her. And let us remember the crime she is charged with can result in death sentence.

MOO
Yes, she had intelligence, education, professional experience, family support, resources, looks, youth, health. So many options, and she chose a horrendous path. Whether death penalty or life without parole, it’s very grim. And she took the life of a young woman.

A college graduate, interesting. Sounds like she was a very busy lady and probably a good asset for someone.
I like to go back and read the affidavit from time to time.

• CC says when she got home just before 10PM, she saw the large bicycle travel bag at the bottom of the stairs, partially blocking the carport. DH (neighbor/landlord) said between 8:30 PM and 9:30 PM, he walked into his garage and partially raised his garage door and after doing so, he heard what he described as someone running down the stairs that lead to MW's friend's front door.

• On May 12, when LE went to CS' home to speak with him, they observed all three vehicles at the home (KA's Jeep + CS' car and motorcycle). CS agreed to drive himself to the police station for an interview. While there, a search warrant was executed at his house.
    • IMO, it sounds like KA was home when police arrived the first time because she said CS "walked into the house and said one of the woman [sic] in the cycling community had passed away". I hope we get to see the video one day -- was she suggesting she didn't know who specifically had passed away? Or was she speaking generally so as to not have to say Mo's name?
    • I wonder how much time elapsed between police coming to talk to CS and when they arrived to execute the search warrant. Did KA have time to do any last-minute 'clean up'? It's unclear where she was when they "located and apprehended" her on the outstanding class B warrant.

• This paragraph is everything: Detective Conner then confronted her on how Strickland went out with Wilson and that Armstrong was upset about that. Armstrong then turned her head and rolled her eyes in an angry manner. Armstrong then stated, "I...I'm certain as to even what you mean or what he said because I didn't have any idea that he saw or even went out with this girl ...as of recently." When confronted about how Armstrong's vehicle was seen next to Cash's residence and how Strickland was "saying certain things", Detective Conner explained she wanted her help to explain what actually happened and to help provide logical explanation about why her vehicle was in the area. Detective Conner then stated, "maybe you were upset and just in the area," Armstrong then began to nod in agreement.
    • CS told police that KA did not know where MW was staying in Austin and KA had never been to CC's residence before. CS said he was unaware KA knew anyone in the area the murder occurred.
    • I wonder if KA 'cloned' CS's phone or installed spyware so she could easily read his messages and knew about his plans with MW.

• CS told police he hadn't "spoken" with CS since May 13.
    • It's unclear if he also saw her that day. That's the same day she sold her Jeep to CarMax. Did she go home afterwards? How did she get there? Did CS notice/question her vehicle being gone?
    • Where did she spend her last night in Austin before flying out of the airport around noon on May 14th?

"Hey Mo- I feel very s—-y for putting you in a position where you don't feel comfortable. Kaitlin came along the go to a meeting about the sprinter/spartan hotel project. In hindsight, this was not a good idea."

Sun link:
If a woman has to ask a man for clarification about whether they are in a romantic relationship, she’s not in a romantic relationship.

MW had no idea of the true danger she was in. Given they were in the same cycling events, it was somewhat unavoidable that she would continue to cross paths with CS. I so wish she’d have just avoided him like the plague. It may not have mattered though. KA already had MW in her sights as a threat. Heartbreaking.

JMO

From the article:

The latest development involves a LinkedIn account, which may point to her location. An account that appears to be linked to Armstrong is listed as a partner at a yoga studio in Bali, Indonesia. Some have speculated she would flee to a country where there was a no-extradition policy.
When I read stuff like that in articles, I think the reporter has been reading here on WS, then writes an article covering theories and information from WSers. Lol.

From the article:

The latest development involves a LinkedIn account, which may point to her location. An account that appears to be linked to Armstrong is listed as a partner at a yoga studio in Bali, Indonesia. Some have speculated she would flee to a country where there was a no-extradition policy.
That LinkedIn account, under the name Kaitlin A, has been out there the entire time, and has been talked about in here numerous times. Some in here had even speculated that she might slip away to Bali, because of her past ties. I doubt the USMS considers this a late development, or even a development at all, as her LinkedIn states she has been a partner there since 2017, and her realtor bio says she trained in Bali for years. I would assume the Marshals have known about this at least as long as we have, and may have even considered that she could have at least attempted to flee to Bali. JMO

Last edited:
That LinkedIn account has been out there the entire time, and has been talked about in here. Some in here had even speculated that she might slip away to Bali, because of her past ties. I doubt the USMS considers this a late development, or even a development at all, as her LinkedIn states she has been a partner there since 2017, and her realtor bio says she trained in Bali for years. I would assume the Marshals have known about this at least as long as we have, and may have even considered that she could have at least attempted to flee to Bali. JMO
To make matters worse, there is another Kaitlin Armstrong who runs a studio in Canada. Can’t imagine how many inquiries, friend requests, and unwanted attention she’s received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore