TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong through the years: Love triangle fugitive seen in decades-old photos​

Interesting that her hair was straight in high school. Now I wonder if it's naturally curly or straight. If she's wearing her hair straight now, it makes her less recognizable and look more like her sister (if she's using her ID).

KA was apparently living in a home owned by CS before she fled. Am I correct to assume she & her sister lived in a different home in Austin the two years prior to that?

Yes, I was surprised he owns the house where she was living. KA apparently owns two other homes in Austin. Not sure if one is where she and her sister previously lived.

I found property owner records online and posted links here: www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-moriah-wilson-25-prized-cyclist-fatally-shot-before-race-austin-may-2022-2.627034/post-17644306

Interesting that her hair was straight in high school. Now I wonder if it's naturally curly or straight. If she's wearing her hair straight now, it makes her less recognizable and look more like her sister (if she's using her ID).
I’m thinking her hair is probably naturally straight like her sister’s, and the waviness is from a permanent. Yes, if she straightens it she’ll look different.

The biggest difference between the sisters is their eyes: KA’s are larger and much more widely spaced. When they both have sunglasses on they look much more alike. So if she’s using her ID especially at airports, that dissimilarity could be a problem.

Yes, I was surprised he owns the house where she was living. KA apparently owns two other homes in Austin. Not sure if one is where she and her sister previously lived.

I found property owner records online and posted links here: www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-moriah-wilson-25-prized-cyclist-fatally-shot-before-race-austin-may-2022-2.627034/post-17644306
KA likely would really like access to those assets but she would need help, and that could bring scrutiny from authorities.

Actually, her sister did not respond to messages left by the Fox News reporter(s) - there are 4 reporters who wrote or contributed to this story.

Her parents responded but said they had no comment.

Three other things I noted:

1) The credit card she left at the spa was "maxed out". The spa is named, which I don't think I've seen before. Was KA having money troubles around that time?

2) APD Homicide Det. Richard Spitler is quoted as saying "was then mistakenly released from custody on the misdemeanor warrant". So if that is correct, they could have held her & didn't. That continued discrepancy in MSM accounts nags at me.

3) "Investigators have said evidence indicates Armstrong followed the pair for at least a portion of their outing." Really? KA saw CS & MW together the day of the murder?

KA was apparently living in a home owned by CS before she fled. Am I correct to assume she & her sister lived in a different home in Austin the two years prior to that?

ALL OPINIONS MY OWN

With #2 they should have placed her on a 72 hour hold to give them time to either work out the discrepancies with the warrant or have sufficient evidence to charge her with murder.

On #3 I don't think it's an accurate characterization to say that she followed them but she likely saw them together at the house. If she actually followed the motorcycle that would be much harder to explain for CS why he didn't recognize that he was followed by KA or if he actually knew he was being followed. What it appears she did is that she parked on another street in view of MW's porch, which is not following them.

I also imagine the US Marshals are closely working with Interpol and have probably alerted agents in the countries she’s traveled to in the past and advised them to BOLO. Singapore and Indonesia are both Interpol members.
Singapore is a tightly run island nation where laws, policies and regulations get rigorously applied. Given that they are a developed nation, the rigorous application of well, everything (founding father figure was said to be a benevolent control freak) is assisted by networked computers. My guess is that the Singaporean police can catch KA pretty fast.

Meanwhile, Indonesia is the exact opposite- developing, large nation consisting of hundreds of islands. Then factor in that after periods of internal conflicts, some Indonesian regions are autonomous from the federal government. Thus, far more room for a fugitive to get lost in the shuffle.

As @minneolo illustrated, "It is hard to stop being yourself". Bali would be an obvious Indonesian choice for KA due to familiarity and the ability to be herself 24/7/365. But.... it might be too obvious.

I wonder if there are other areas of Indonesia that could be less famous, smaller "Balis" that offer Bali vibes and the social atmosphere that allows KA to be herself?

One can probably rule out KA in Ambon Province- known for conservative Islam, enforcing dress norms, and.... for caning those who cant refrain from alcohol and gambling. But, not all of Indonesia is Ambon.

Last edited:
Singapore is a tightly run island nation where laws, policies and regulations get rigorously applied. Given that they are a developed nation, the rigorous application of well, everything (founding father figure was said to be a benevolent control freak) is assisted by networked computers. My guess is that the Singaporean police can catch KA pretty fast.

Meanwhile, Indonesia is the exact opposite- developing, large nation consisting of hundreds of islands. Thus, more room to get lost in the shuffle. Then factor in that after periods of internal conflicts, some Indonesian regions and the Federal government are autonomous. Thus, far more room for a fugitive to get lost in the shuffle.

As @minneolo illustrated, "It is hard to stop being yourself". Bali would be an obvious Indonesian choice for KA due to familiarity and the ability to be herself. But.... it might be too obvious.

I wonder if there are other areas of Indonesia that could be less famous, smaller "Balis" in Indonesia that offer Bali vibes and the social atmosphere that allows KA to be herself?

One can probably rule out KA in Ambon Province- known for conservative Islam, local autonomy, the ability enforce dress norms, and.... cane those who cant refrain from alcohol and gambling. But, not all of Indonesia is Ambon.
Given all these options, I seriously think the only way she’s going to be apprehended is if she has had a family member or friend compromise themselves legally during her flight, and the US Marshals lean on that person and threaten felony charges unless they help with her capture.

Otherwise it’s sounding like a needle in a haystack search where fugitives evade capture for 15 years…

With #2 they should have placed her on a 72 hour hold to give them time to either work out the discrepancies with the warrant or have sufficient evidence to charge her with murder.

On #3 I don't think it's an accurate characterization to say that she followed them but she likely saw them together at the house. If she actually followed the motorcycle that would be much harder to explain for CS why he didn't recognize that he was followed by KA or if he actually knew he was being followed. What it appears she did is that she parked on another street in view of MW's porch, which is not following them.

I wonder if the media were referring to the info that is out there that KA followed them on the tracking software that was referred to earlier.

edited to clear up reply box

Given all these options, I seriously think the only way she’s going to be apprehended is if she has had a family member or friend compromise themselves legally during her flight, and the US Marshals lean on that person and threaten felony charges unless they help with her capture.

Otherwise it’s sounding like a needle in a haystack search where fugitives evade capture for 15 years…

But I think they do have some current info, given the statement yesterday that KA is still alive. So I'm optimistic that she will be apprehended in the not too distant future.

But I think they do have some current info, given the statement yesterday that KA is still alive. So I'm optimistic that she will be apprehended in the not too distant future.
Yes, it’s definitely promising that the US MARSHALS officials would make a public proclamation to Fox News that KA is alive, and indicates that they have intel.

I like to go back and read the affidavit from time to time.

• CC says when she got home just before 10PM, she saw the large bicycle travel bag at the bottom of the stairs, partially blocking the carport. DH (neighbor/landlord) said between 8:30 PM and 9:30 PM, he walked into his garage and partially raised his garage door and after doing so, he heard what he described as someone running down the stairs that lead to MW's friend's front door.

• On May 12, when LE went to CS' home to speak with him, they observed all three vehicles at the home (KA's Jeep + CS' car and motorcycle). CS agreed to drive himself to the police station for an interview. While there, a search warrant was executed at his house.
    • IMO, it sounds like KA was home when police arrived the first time because she said CS "walked into the house and said one of the woman [sic] in the cycling community had passed away". I hope we get to see the video one day -- was she suggesting she didn't know who specifically had passed away? Or was she speaking generally so as to not have to say Mo's name?
    • I wonder how much time elapsed between police coming to talk to CS and when they arrived to execute the search warrant. Did KA have time to do any last-minute 'clean up'? It's unclear where she was when they "located and apprehended" her on the outstanding class B warrant.

• This paragraph is everything: Detective Conner then confronted her on how Strickland went out with Wilson and that Armstrong was upset about that. Armstrong then turned her head and rolled her eyes in an angry manner. Armstrong then stated, "I...I'm certain as to even what you mean or what he said because I didn't have any idea that he saw or even went out with this girl ...as of recently." When confronted about how Armstrong's vehicle was seen next to Cash's residence and how Strickland was "saying certain things", Detective Conner explained she wanted her help to explain what actually happened and to help provide logical explanation about why her vehicle was in the area. Detective Conner then stated, "maybe you were upset and just in the area," Armstrong then began to nod in agreement.
    • CS told police that KA did not know where MW was staying in Austin and KA had never been to CC's residence before. CS said he was unaware KA knew anyone in the area the murder occurred.
    • I wonder if KA 'cloned' CS's phone or installed spyware so she could easily read his messages and knew about his plans with MW.

• CS told police he hadn't "spoken" with CS since May 13.
    • It's unclear if he also saw her that day. That's the same day she sold her Jeep to CarMax. Did she go home afterwards? How did she get there? Did CS notice/question her vehicle being gone?
    • Where did she spend her last night in Austin before flying out of the airport around noon on May 14th?

I like to go back and read the affidavit from time to time.

• CC says when she got home just before 10PM, she saw the large bicycle travel bag at the bottom of the stairs, partially blocking the carport. DH (neighbor/landlord) said between 8:30 PM and 9:30 PM, he walked into his garage and partially raised his garage door and after doing so, he heard what he described as someone running down the stairs that lead to MW's friend's front door.

• On May 12, when LE went to CS' home to speak with him, they observed all three vehicles at the home (KA's Jeep + CS' car and motorcycle). CS agreed to drive himself to the police station for an interview. While there, a search warrant was executed at his house.
    • IMO, it sounds like KA was home when police arrived the first time because she said CS "walked into the house and said one of the woman [sic] in the cycling community had passed away". I hope we get to see the video one day -- was she suggesting she didn't know who specifically had passed away? Or was she speaking generally so as to not have to say Mo's name?
    • I wonder how much time elapsed between police coming to talk to CS and when they arrived to execute the search warrant. Did KA have time to do any last-minute 'clean up'? It's unclear where she was when they "located and apprehended" her on the outstanding class B warrant.

• This paragraph is everything: Detective Conner then confronted her on how Strickland went out with Wilson and that Armstrong was upset about that. Armstrong then turned her head and rolled her eyes in an angry manner. Armstrong then stated, "I...I'm certain as to even what you mean or what he said because I didn't have any idea that he saw or even went out with this girl ...as of recently." When confronted about how Armstrong's vehicle was seen next to Cash's residence and how Strickland was "saying certain things", Detective Conner explained she wanted her help to explain what actually happened and to help provide logical explanation about why her vehicle was in the area. Detective Conner then stated, "maybe you were upset and just in the area," Armstrong then began to nod in agreement.
    • CS told police that KA did not know where MW was staying in Austin and KA had never been to CC's residence before. CS said he was unaware KA knew anyone in the area the murder occurred.
    • I wonder if KA 'cloned' CS's phone or installed spyware so she could easily read his messages and knew about his plans with MW.

• CS told police he hadn't "spoken" with CS since May 13.
    • It's unclear if he also saw her that day. That's the same day she sold her Jeep to CarMax. Did she go home afterwards? How did she get there? Did CS notice/question her vehicle being gone?
    • Where did she spend her last night in Austin before flying out of the airport around noon on May 14th?
Thanks for this excellent analysis. You raise good questions, and it makes you wonder how much CS knew about KA’s plan to flee.

She hadn’t been charged yet so technically there was nothing illegal regarding knowing this info at that point.

It also makes you wonder why the Marshals would say anything at all. Maybe trying to spook her and get her to move and make a mistake.
Yes, I was wondering that, too, because it might have helped them to actually say they had no idea if she were still alive (in order to give her false confidence).

But as you say, they may be trying to spook her, or perhaps someone who is helping her…

I'd put money on learning down the road that officials are or have gotten information from CA about what KA's whereabouts while in the state of New York. I know nothing about the details of the law, but I'd wager they've been able to leverage some level of wrongdoing on the part of CA to get her to disclose some information such as what KA did while at Haven, how long she was there, and whether or not it was CA who dropped her off at Newark Airport. If they do not have footage of the Newark drop, then perhaps CA disclosed that she in fact dropped her, or someone else from the Haven community did so, and so this is why officials are pretty solid on this info. CA has interest in keeping her name clear--she seems to be, or aspiring to be, some sort of crunchy motivational social media influencer. Her livelihood is on the line, so I bet she's cooperated in some way at least.

I'd put money on learning down the road that officials are or have gotten information from CA about what KA's whereabouts while in the state of New York. I know nothing about the details of the law, but I'd wager they've been able to leverage some level of wrongdoing on the part of CA to get her to disclose some information such as what KA did while at Haven, how long she was there, and whether or not it was CA who dropped her off at Newark Airport. If they do not have footage of the Newark drop, then perhaps CA disclosed that she in fact dropped her, or someone else from the Haven community did so, and so this is why officials are pretty solid on this info. CA has interest in keeping her name clear--she seems to be, or aspiring to be, some sort of crunchy motivational social media influencer. Her livelihood is on the line, so I bet she's cooperated in some way at least.
I think everything you’re saying is pretty likely. And not only is CA’s livelihood on the line, but perhaps her freedom as well, if authorities have told her she could be charged with hindering an investigation or obstruction of justice, or aiding and abetting a fugitive— all of which can carry prison time.

I’m sure CA loves her sister, but is unwilling to go to prison for something that KA, and KA alone, chose to do.

I can't shake the feeling that the anonymous caller to police on May 14th was KA's sister.

On May 14, 2022, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin Police Department to provide information regarding this incident. The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022. The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson. Armstrong then proceeded to tell the caller Armstrong had either recently purchased firearm or was going to.

Until today, I read the above as meaning it was in January 2022 that KA first found out about the October 2021 "dalliance" (word is mine, no disrespect of MW intended) between MW and CS. But now I'm thinking that MW and CS hooked up again after October 2021, post KA and CS reconciling, and that's what KA discovered and was reacting to in January. MW's friend told police this:

"Jane" advised Wilson and Strickland have had multiple romantic relationships together and described it as an "on again, off again" relationship. "Jane" stated Wilson's and Strickland's romantic relationship started during Wilson's first trip to Austin, Texas in the fall 2021. "Jane" advised Armstrong discovered Wilson's phone number and contacted Wilson several times, causing Wilson to block Armstrong's phone number. "Jane" stated Wilson told her within the past two months, Armstrong began following Wilson on Instagram. "Jane" advised the last time Armstrong called Wilson, she told Wilson she was with Strickland and Wilson needed to stay away from him.

www.documentcloud.org/documents/22038152-kaitlin-marie-armstrong-warrant-affidavit

I was wondering this too. You would think CS would have quickly recognized the bike rack/black Cherokee combo even if he caught just a glimpse of it in his mirror. Your scenario makes more sense.

I think it's worth considering that KA's anger may have shifted, from an instant rage toward MW to a slow boil toward her bf. And that her decision that day was aimed directly at him, by shooting her. She may have had aspirations, apart from any of that, of one day living a simpler life, and that may be serving her needs now. One definitive, damning maneuver here before starting a new life elsewhere. To destroy what seemed to matter to her bf and abscond for an unfettered life of zen.

I look forward to LE locating her -- and definitively maneuvering to fetter her for life.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members