TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what type of yoga KA taught? Did she do this as an independent instructor or with a group of some kind?

Other than ANONYMOUS people whose motives are unknown? The affidavit may be accurate in restating what LE was told. Whether it was corroborated or truthful is unknown. I lean toward those who are credible identifying themselves to LE.

JMO

It depends on the timing of the tip. If it came early, when no one publicly accused KA, then it might be valuable. After the video of her in the airport was posted, then, of course, it is less believable.

I recall this post about a former classmate of KA who reported that he and some former classmates are stunned that she could have done this. None of them knew of her propensity to be violent.

Woman Wanted For Texas Cycling Murder Has Michigan Roots

A former classmate identified as 'Tom G' talked to the Drew and Mike podcast on Tuesday. Tom admitted that Kaitlin 'ghosted' him when he asked her out while in college. He added that she could use her good looks to seek aid from a love struck man.

He also admitted some former classmates are stunned that she would have done this. "No. Never. The biggest thing, I never seen (her) be violent...shooting another person...it's insane," Tom told the hosts when asked if he could imagine her committing such a crime.

I came across that podcast a couple weeks ago and was going to contact mods to see if it could be shared here but then I decided the person didn't really say anything much of value (sounds like she was a popular, well-adjusted, athletic student) and IMO some of it was in poor taste. If anyone wants to listen, it was the May 23rd show.

Do we really think she's carrying $12,200 (or more) in cash on her? In what form? Visa gift cards? Good ol' cash in hundred dollar bills? Such a huge risk of getting mugged and losing it all. Would she have been able to fly with that large amount of cash? Maybe they wouldn't even have noticed it if she checked some luggage and they didn't manually search it, but then she'd really risk losing it to theft if it wasn't on her body at all times. (I honestly don't know if there are rules for flying with large amounts of cash.) If she transferred some cash to Visa gift cards, she probably would not have been able to get, say, more than one card for $500 at one store without raising suspicion, so that would have taken quite some time in a very limited amount of time to run around from place to place buying a $500 card here and there.

Within the last year I spent 6 months working in a developing country and was paid in cash as I was unable to get a bank account until my working visa had been processed. I ended up leaving the country before I had set up a bank account and had to carry around 7k dollars in cash in my hand luggage. They didn't even have 100 dollar bills there so it was all in 20 dollar notes! I had to take 3 flights to get to my home country and nobody batted an eyelid when I put my hand luggage through the x-ray scanners. I couldn 't believe it as I was totally paranoid but it was easy! Countries do have restrictions on entering with cash but for the ones I checked, it was around 10k.

She did a really good job of erasing her social media, I can't find anything at all - not even a page advertising her yoga business.

I wonder if she didn't actually teach yoga at all at present. Technically I am a qualified yoga teacher, I trained in India some years ago. However I never actually taught at home for several reasons.

Maybe she wasn't teaching and that's why she has no page for it. Quite often people are very open on their websites re yoga about what bought them to practice and train, it would be interesting to get a glimpse of her personality.

The absolute best thing she can do is get legal advice and deal with this head on.

Other than ANONYMOUS people whose motives are unknown? The affidavit may be accurate in restating what LE was told. Whether it was corroborated or truthful is unknown. I lean toward those who are credible identifying themselves to LE.

JMO
Yes something does not add up here...

She did a really good job of erasing her social media, I can't find anything at all - not even a page advertising her yoga business.

I wonder if she didn't actually teach yoga at all at present. Technically I am a qualified yoga teacher, I trained in India some years ago. However I never actually taught at home for several reasons.

Maybe she wasn't teaching and that's why she has no page for it. Quite often people are very open on their websites re yoga about what bought them to practice and train, it would be interesting to get a glimpse of her personality.

The absolute best thing she can do is get legal advice and deal with this head on.
LinkedIn is about the only SM that wasn't deleted. That lists her as a Partner with The Studio in Bali but she seems to be its only associate on LinkedIn. It's somewhat generic tag line is "sharing yoga with the world, inspiring wellness & creating community through mindful movement, breathwork, and meditation".

I think an earlier MSM article said she had left teaching yoga for real estate for financial reasons at the start of the pandemic.

I have been trying to do searching on line about her Yoga instruction. I have not found anything, only 1 Kaitlyn Armstrong,
but it does not appear to be her.
she is Kaitlin Marie Armstrong

Try Marie Armstrong
Any version of Kaitlin, including Kaitlyn
Also, Kaitlin with a different last name

A person who slipped because her DOB was different in different systems might use different names for her business

she is Kaitlin Marie Armstrong

Try Marie Armstrong
Any version of Kaitlin, including Kaitlyn
Also, Kaitlin with a different last name

A person who slipped because her DOB was different in different systems might use different names for her business

When she had insta, it was kaitmarie87

I don't have the link to hand however her father called her 'Katy'.

Here is the article indicating that the anonymous tipster alerted the police about KA’s anger 3 days after MW was killed. This, IMHO, makes it more believable.

No, but in 6 weeks she’s not surrendered, and if she had an attorney that would surely be the first thing they’d want to arrange for her.

Attorneys are supposed to recommend that depending on the jurisdiction, but that can just be just checking off legal checkmarks in such a recommendation. Depending on the jurisdiction legal ethics even allow you to describe illegal options to a fugitive client and it not even be that strong a recommendation to tell a client to surrender. Like this is from Wisconsin:
In the scenario presented the client has contacted the lawyer, seeking information, expressing worry, and appearing reluctant to surrender. The lawyer has several obligations. First, the client should be informed of their total exposure to criminal penalties. 4 Second, the lawyer should review all the client’s options, both lawful and unlawful, and the likely consequences of the choice made...

While the lawyer may not recommend a course of action that is “criminal or fraudulent”, such an option may be discussed with the client. 7 It will often be prudent to accompany a discussion of such an option with a strong remonstration against it, including the likely negative outcomes for the client.8 While not required by the text of the applicable rules, there is some support for the notion that the lawyer should encourage the client in such a situation to choose a lawful course of action, in this situation, a surrender to authorities.9 It is important to note, however, that under Wisconsin’s rules there is no affirmative obligation on the lawyer to urge the client to surrender.

She potentially could be very busy with her lawyer right now who might ethically even be able to describe illegal steps she can take. This is why I wouldn't be too certain about what she is or isn't doing...alternatively she could have committed suicide, but the lack of hearing from her lawyer doesn't itself mean she hasn't retained one at some point since her arrest.

Attorneys are supposed to recommend that depending on the jurisdiction, but that can just be just checking off legal checkmarks in such a recommendation. Depending on the jurisdiction legal ethics even allow you to describe illegal options to a fugitive client and it not even be that strong a recommendation to tell a client to surrender. Like this is from Wisconsin:
In the scenario presented the client has contacted the lawyer, seeking information, expressing worry, and appearing reluctant to surrender. The lawyer has several obligations. First, the client should be informed of their total exposure to criminal penalties. 4 Second, the lawyer should review all the client’s options, both lawful and unlawful, and the likely consequences of the choice made...

While the lawyer may not recommend a course of action that is “criminal or fraudulent”, such an option may be discussed with the client. 7 It will often be prudent to accompany a discussion of such an option with a strong remonstration against it, including the likely negative outcomes for the client.8 While not required by the text of the applicable rules, there is some support for the notion that the lawyer should encourage the client in such a situation to choose a lawful course of action, in this situation, a surrender to authorities.9 It is important to note, however, that under Wisconsin’s rules there is no affirmative obligation on the lawyer to urge the client to surrender.

She potentially could be very busy with her lawyer right now who might ethically even be able to describe illegal steps she can take. This is why I wouldn't be too certain about what she is or isn't doing...alternatively she could have committed suicide, but the lack of hearing from her lawyer doesn't itself mean she hasn't retained one at some point since her arrest.
I wasn’t aware of this information. Thanks very much.
If the attorney were to recommend staying on the run, while arguing that there are severe risks involved, that could certainly make her hesitant to take the irrevocable step of surrender.

It suddenly came to my mind that she was dropped by the sister at the Newark Liberty airport for one reason - to protect her sister from accusations of harboring a fugitive.

Christine, a loving sister, can help Kaitlin as long as it is legal. That probably means 4 days, from arriving to La Guardia airport to being dropped at Liberty. Whether the sister were warned on May 18 than an arrest affidavit was to be filed (both letting KA go and her getting the wind of arrest affidavit 1 day before filing makes one wonder…if her ex works at TX LE), or it is intuitive, I don’t know. But what happens after the sisters get the wind of things being unsafe?

The only way for Kaitlin is to leave the country. Imagining that I have a sister whom I love and support no matter what, but don’t want to be responsible for her, legally, what would I do?

Probably, leave my purse with enhanced drivers’ license/passport in the common area for the night. In the morning, either drive the sister to Newark, or order an Uber from my phone and hug her. And…she is lost to me.

Technically, it is not yet harboring a fugitive. I am not responsible for my sister stealing a document, either. You know, she didn’t pay for Botox, she is …entrepreneurial. But I trust her. And - I honestly don’t know where she went/flew from Liberty. This is the last time I saw her. Honestly.

My only question would be, what document should Kaitlin steal, a passport or a drivers license? Loss of DL is noticeable sooner, and needs the trip to a police station. Passport people may not notice till the next trip.

Someone posted about enhanced security, passport biometrics, etc. I used to travel a lot pre-COVID and this statement surprised me. This being said, I almost never travel alone, and a family is different. So, maybe I am wrong.

Enhanced drivers license? Should be very secure. But, tourism is losing a lot because of this darn virus, so the economy is interested in letting people in/out.

So I think that Christine helped her sister, but has no clue where KA is now, and it was set up this way.,

It suddenly came to my mind that she was dropped by the sister at the Newark Liberty airport for one reason - to protect her sister from accusations of harboring a fugitive.

Christine, a loving sister, can help Kaitlin as long as it is legal. That probably means 4 days, from arriving to La Guardia airport to being dropped at Liberty. Whether the sister were warned on May 18 than an arrest affidavit was to be filed (both letting KA go and her getting the wind of arrest affidavit 1 day before filing makes one wonder…if her ex works at TX LE), or it is intuitive, I don’t know. But what happens after the sisters get the wind of things being unsafe?

The only way for Kaitlin is to leave the country. Imagining that I have a sister whom I love and support no matter what, but don’t want to be responsible for her, legally, what would I do?

Probably, leave my purse with enhanced drivers’ license/passport in the common area for the night. In the morning, either drive the sister to Newark, or order an Uber from my phone and hug her. And…she is lost to me.

Technically, it is not yet harboring a fugitive. I am not responsible for my sister stealing a document, either. You know, she didn’t pay for Botox, she is …entrepreneurial. But I trust her. And - I honestly don’t know where she went/flew from Liberty. This is the last time I saw her. Honestly.

My only question would be, what document should Kaitlin steal, a passport or a drivers license? Loss of DL is noticeable sooner, and needs the trip to a police station. Passport people may not notice till the next trip.

Someone posted about enhanced security, passport biometrics, etc. I used to travel a lot pre-COVID and this statement surprised me. This being said, I almost never travel alone, and a family is different. So, maybe I am wrong.

Enhanced drivers license? Should be very secure. But, tourism is losing a lot because of this darn virus, so the economy is interested in letting people in/out.

So I think that Christine helped her sister, but has no clue where KA is now, and it was set up this way.,
I agree 100%. As soon as I learned that the murder warrant came out the night before she was dropped at Newark Liberty International Airport, I realized that the sister, who would have done anything legally to help Kaitlin, was obviously unwilling to face federal prison time for aiding and abetting a fugitive from justice. And for good reason. I’m sure Kaitlin agreed.

And I’m sure Christine wasn’t burdened by KA with information about what her plans were. And I’m sure the US Marshals know all of this.

I don’t know if she took her sister’s documents, or which one. I wonder if they’ve traced anything under that name? What do you think?

Records obtained by private investigator JJ show [CA] registered the camp as an address on May 17, 2022, three days after Kaitlin Armstrong was last seen.

The same day, someone identifying as "Christine Armstrong" appeared to have applied for a New York driver's license in her name.
"What are the odds that you see Kaitlin in New York, and three days later, Kaitlin's sister has a new license and address listed in New York?" JJ asked.

Sounds like CA got a new license in NY at an opportune time. I wonder if she still has both the new and the old licenses.

Sounds like CA got a new license in NY at an opportune time. I wonder if she still has both the new and the old licenses.

IIRC, a poster here who had lived in NY said that when you move to NY and get a drivers license, you must surrender your out of state license. IF true, I doubt that she had both. JMO

IIRC, a poster here who had lived in NY said that when you move to NY and get a drivers license, you must surrender your out of state license. IF true, I doubt that she had both. JMO
So it’s not likely that Kaitlin has the license, correct?

So it’s not likely that Kaitlin has the license, correct?
I would think not likely, but who knows. I am curious how one gets a New York license if their current out of state license could not be surrendered because of being lost or stolen. There must be provisions for issuing the license, I would think. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat