TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think not likely, but who knows. I am curious how one gets a New York license if their current out of state license could not be surrendered because of being lost or stolen. There must be provisions for issuing the license, I would think. JMO
Could KA have taken CA’s Texas license? Or is this idea of her going under her sister’s name an erroneous idea of the PI?

IIRC, a poster here who had lived in NY said that when you move to NY and get a drivers license, you must surrender your out of state license. IF true, I doubt that she had both. JMO
Technically, Missouri requires previous licenses to be surrendered, as well, but when I replaced my ID with a REAL ID, the DMV employee handed me back my old license. :rolleyes: So… nothing is certain.

Technically, Missouri requires previous licenses to be surrendered, as well, but when I replaced my ID with a REAL ID, the DMV employee handed me back my old license. :rolleyes: So… nothing is certain.

When I replaced my drivers license with a REAL ID, the DMV employee gave me back my old license, but there were holes punched in it that he said indicated that I was waiting for the real ID and I could use it temporarily, but the punched holes would indicate that it was temporary.

When I replaced my drivers license with a REAL ID, the DMV employee gave me back my old license, but there were holes punched in it that he said indicated that I was waiting for the real ID and I could use it temporarily, but the punched holes would indicate that it was temporary.
They did not punch holes in mine. :rolleyes:

I agree 100%. As soon as I learned that the murder warrant came out the night before she was dropped at Newark Liberty International Airport, I realized that the sister, who would have done anything legally to help Kaitlin, was obviously unwilling to face federal prison time for aiding and abetting a fugitive from justice. And for good reason. I’m sure Kaitlin agreed.

And I’m sure Christine wasn’t burdened by KA with information about what her plans were. And I’m sure the US Marshals know all of this.

I don’t know if she took her sister’s documents, or which one. I wonder if they’ve traced anything under that name? What do you think?

This is very interesting.
I think she left the country, btw.

Technically, “stealing” (it has to be like this, I can imagine tossing my purse, zip open, somewhere on a sofa. Not my responsibility that something has disappeared).

What document is easier to steal/use?

I wonder if it was enhanced driver’s license if…if Christine did not return the old, un-enhanced driver’s license to the Department of Licensing. Could it happen? Theoretically, yes, and even unintentionally. TBH, photos on drivers licenses are far from Annie Leibovitz’ creations, so crossing a border with one of them is not hard.

The problem falls on Christine as she has to get a new one, but I can think of certain scenarios when for some reason, while exchanging a regular license for an enhanced one, she could have kept the old one. (Or: lost an old one. Honestly. Reported, got another one, then, found an old one.) So she can use it for a few days and later, just report lost/stolen license.

This is easier. Passport is a more serious document, but after all, the sisters do look similar, and might be even more similar with the same hair color and style.

Passport in many ways is more convenient as Christine may not notice its disappearance till she decides to travel, and it might be in a year.

They should punch a hole in the old one, but when an attractive, fast-speaking woman talks to a youn male clerk with ADHD, anything can happen.

I keep looking at the situation as a choice between a. KA decides to stay on the run and b. KA decides to turn herself in , forgetting the third possibility which is c. KA is apprehended by US Marshals.

I’m thinking now that c. is probably the sole hope of her coming back to Austin and standing trial.

This is very interesting.
I think she left the country, btw.

Technically, “stealing” (it has to be like this, I can imagine tossing my purse, zip open, somewhere on a sofa. Not my responsibility that something has disappeared).

What document is easier to steal/use?

I wonder if it was enhanced driver’s license if…if Christine did not return the old, un-enhanced driver’s license to the Department of Licensing. Could it happen? Theoretically, yes, and even unintentionally. TBH, photos on drivers licenses are far from Annie Leibovitz’ creations, so crossing a border with one of them is not hard.

The problem falls on Christine as she has to get a new one, but I can think of certain scenarios when for some reason, while exchanging a regular license for an enhanced one, she could have kept the old one. (Or: lost an old one. Honestly. Reported, got another one, then, found an old one.) So she can use it for a few days and later, just report lost/stolen license.

This is easier. Passport is a more serious document, but after all, the sisters do look similar, and might be even more similar with the same hair color and style.

Passport in many ways is more convenient as Christine may not notice its disappearance till she decides to travel, and it might be in a year.
If she is traveling with one of these documents of CA’s, do you think authorities have traced it yet?

Truth- all the evidence points to her killing her rival exactly the way police say in the arrest documents. However, I am with the parents- Pure unadulterated speculation...the story is almost too cliche to be true. An intelligent person with no history of violence shows up at exactly the right time to catch her rival alone, makes no efforts not to be caught on cameras, shoots her rival with her own registered gun that she then takes back to her own house, puts it right where police can easily find it, then stays right there so she can be caught, and then an anonymous tipster conveniently turns her in shortly afterward. If she needed to escape, why not run right away? She couldn't possibly have thought she wouldn't be the #1 suspect. And this same person is intelligent enough to evade Federal Marshals for over a month now leaving no trace? Something does not add up to me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truth- all the evidence points to her killing her rival exactly the way police say in the arrest documents. However, I am with the parents- Pure unadulterated speculation...the story is almost too cliche to be true. An intelligent person with no history of violence shows up at exactly the right time to catch her rival alone, makes no efforts not to be caught on cameras, shoots her rival with her own registered gun that she then takes back to her own house, puts it right where police can easily find it, then stays right there so she can be caught, and then an anonymous tipster conveniently turns her in shortly afterward. If she needed to escape, why not run right away? She couldn't possibly have thought she wouldn't be the #1 suspect. And this same person is intelligent enough to evade Federal Marshals for over a month now leaving no trace? Something does not add up to me anyway.
I agree that it seems too cliche to be true. What would have happened if MW's friend Cash had been in the house, or anyone else? Would they all be dead? Or would KA have just picked a verbal fight with MW at that time? That would have blown her plans for murder, though, because the others would have been witnesses to a fight so if she chose to kill her at a later time, it'd be pretty obvious who did it.

I agree that the story may seem too cliche to be true, as well, but I would argue that LE did not issue a warrant for murder based on nothing more than speculation. They would never be able to get a warrant for an arrest based on mere speculation. The likelihood that MW was murdered by some random stranger in that short window of time that she was at home alone, especially given the history we have learned of MW, CS and KA, is pretty remote. That leaves a couple of people to look at, one of which we can't. There seems to be a lot of questions about how LE know it was she that fired the gun that killed MW. After all, both guns were legally purchased by CS, and both were found in the home he shared with KA, so how do we know KA used the gun and not CS? There have been questions about prints, and the possibility that someone else could have used gloves, leaving KA's fingerprints as the only prints on the gun. While possible that happened, or even that prints were too smudged to take, or were wiped from the gun when it was put back after the shooting, most people do not take into consideration that the bullets and shell casings retain prints and DNA of the person loading the magazine as well, and I doubt the average person would think to wear gloves at that point. I also feel certain that LE have more video, and very likely more incriminating video, that we have been privy to. They clearly have reason to believe that KA killed MW, and that KA, alone, killed MW, and they clearly believe they can successfully prosecute her for murder if and when she is captured. JMO

I agree that the story may seem too cliche to be true, but I would argue that LE did not issue a warrant for murder based on nothing more than speculation. They would never be able to get a warrant for an arrest based on mere speculation. The likelihood that MW was murdered by some random stranger in that short window of time that she was at home alone, especially given the history we have learned of MW, CS and KA, is pretty remote. That leaves a couple of people to look at, one of which we can't. There seems to be a lot of questions about how LE know it was she that fired the gun that killed MW. After all, both guns were legally purchased by CS, and both were found in the home he shared with KA, so how do we know KA used the gun and not CS? There have been questions about prints, and the possibility that someone else could have used gloves, leaving KA's fingerprints as the only prints on the gun. While possible that happened, or even that prints were too smudged to take, or were wiped from the gun when it was put back after the shooting, most people do not take into consideration that the bullets and shell casings retain prints and DNA of the person loading the magazine as well, and I doubt the average person would think to wear gloves at that point. I also feel certain that LE have more video, and very likely more incriminating video, that we have been privy to. They clearly have reason to believe that KA killed MW, and that KA, alone, killed MW, and they clearly believe they can successfully prosecute her for murder if and when she is captured. JMO
Another reason that police concluded that KA, and not CS, was the suspect, is that in addition to the ringcamera footage of KA’s vehicle, they were able to determine that it was she, and not CS driving it because his story about driving home after dropping MW off had also been confirmed by cctv footage.

Another reason that police concluded that KA, and not CS, was the suspect, is that in addition to the ringcamera footage of KA’s vehicle, they were able to determine that it was she, and not CS driving it because his story about driving home after dropping MW off had also been confirmed by cctv footage.
I would really like to see that footage of CS.

Last edited:
IMO it wasn't going to be a conversation. You don't bring a loaded weapon to a round table.

Sadly I think some things worked in her favor. Her boyfriend dropped MW off and left. The downstairs guy opened the garage door, possibly at the exact moment shots were fired. And again, her boyfriend had just left. IMO that led to the opportunity for KA to gain entry to the apartment. MW hadn't already entered or she had entered but thought it was C.

I think KA knew exactly what she planned to do. Came, killed, left. With about zero thought about the fall out. Frankly I don't think she cared about the fall out. She was hyper focused IMO on the result.

I hope the Marshalls bring her home. Soon. Alive. To face what she's done.

May justice be swift.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads