TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still confused. Wish we had a lawyer to explain 1) the court process & 2) the delay for transfer to Travis County

What is a PC court, mentioned in the article?

I have no idea, it may be a poorly-worded article. My guess is it is referring to a probable cause hearing based on the Harris County code table.

I was shocked when I first saw it, thought she looked horrible; but now it’s grown on me. That booking photo is starting to look pretty to me….
It is a little hard to tell exactly, as she isn't facing straight ahead, and I'm sure she would look better with eyelashes and makeup, and hair done, and granted, I have never seen a mugshot that is particularly flattering, but I think she was far prettier before the surgery. I thought her nose was fine the way it was, and don't see her new one as an improvement, and her face seems a bit puffy, under the eyes, (I suppose there may still be some swelling), but her cheeks have disappeared. Had she thought she may be caught within a couple weeks of getting the surgery, I bet she would have held onto her money. JMO

Last edited:
I'm sure she would look better with eyelashes and makeup, and hair done, and granted, I have never seen a mugshot that is particularly flattering, but I think she was far prettier before the surgery. I thought her nose was fine the way it was, and don't see her new one as an improvement, and her face seems a bit puffy, under the eyes, (I suppose there may still be some swelling), but her cheeks have disappeared. Had she thought she may be caught within a couple weeks of getting the surgery, I bet she would have held onto her money. JMO
Yes, it was absolutely a waste of money to make her nose look like Christine’s. When she appears in court with her attorney, we may see brushed-out hair, mascara, blush, lipstick, and she may look less plain, definitely.

Thank you. The idea that a successful 34-year-old woman is relying on daddy is so offensive.

Signed,
Successful Formerly-34-Year-Old (and now older) Woman Who'd Have Never Done That in a Million Years
We don’t know who is footing her attorney’s fees. While she may have been a successful business woman (I don’t know her financial situation), her defense is going to be very expensive- perhaps millions. I don’t think it’s offensive if a parent has to help their grown child out financially. Parents do it all the time. Sometimes family has to or even wants to step in to help their kids when they are in a jam.

I don't think CS would have ever left KA for MW. I think he was interested in MW since she was a rising star in his field and that their relationship was based mainly on this shared interest, at least for him. I don't think he would have left KA for MW, if it ever got to the point where he had to make a choice, it would have been KA.

I agree with that. I don't know the cycling community, but I've had contact with the climbing community.

There's always a lot of guys who care far more for their sport than any job or any woman, they are not the settling down, domestic types. They're hugely energetic in their sport, but lazy in everything else.

However, as they age, they realize they're in a precarious position financially, they need a fall back. If a woman is prepared to provide them with a home, and even better, a livelihood, they know they'd be a fool to throw that away.

But they don't want to be owned by her, and will definitely try to retain that freedom to have affairs on the side. They hope she'll accept that it's just the way he is...and many women with guys like that do accept it. (At the 'don't ask, don't tell' level).

This may have been the situation here, I don't know.

JMO

Yes, it was absolutely a waste of money to make her nose look like Christine’s. When she appears in court with her attorney, we may see brushed-out hair, mascara, blush, lipstick, and she may look less plain, definitely.
I think it's also to fool facial recognition software, not just to look like her sister.

He said he lived at a farm, and every day he was, sort of, gravel racing several miles because there was no way to get out of the farm. It is not professional sport, but in a way, he started training early. In his 20es, he was biking everywhere, so, more training. As to starting in early 30es, no, because he already was the first in Milan in 2015, so, 28? Probably he started gravel cycling in mid-20es. (But the route itself is so difficult, I think all champions train hard, daily.)

Colin Strickland took a long and uncommon route to becoming a professional cyclist, launching his pro career in his late 20s

I don’t think highly of CS, but I honestly can’t imagine how he’s dealing with this. The guilt must be consuming him. On a human level - even though I think he’s a cheater, I have a bit of empathy for him. He did wrong, but he could have never known KA was going to take a life. I’d hate to be in his shoes. This is not his fault, but his choices sure did play a role in this tragic case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly