TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thoughts. So are biometrics are highly deployed in airports right now? I thought because of privacy implications it was years away from general use.
I'm not sure. When we flew to Heathrow, it was all biometric to get through customs, but we weren't scanned in Denver where we departed from. We also took the Eurostar to France and no biometrics either leaving or returning to London. My daughter made it through in a heartbeat, but the scanner wouldn't recognize my face (I swear I was using my own passport), so I had to go into a line with a real person who let me through with barely any scrutiny. When we returned, we came through Chicago and were not biometrically screened. This was early this year.

1) When you secretly meetup with
another woman you know your girlfriend has personally approached to warn off

2) Your girlfriend has made you delete that woman's phone number from your phone &

3) Your girlfriend monitors your phone for any communication with the other woman to the extent that the she suspects your girlfriend of blocking her messages on your phone

THERE IS A PROBLEM.

In this case, that other woman was MW.

Do I think KA should have done any of those things? No.

But she did. And instead of letting CS go and play his interpersonal games without her, she stuck around.

UNTIL SHE BECAME A FUGITIVE.

Truth telling to themselves or others (and acting on that truth) is not a strong suit of anyone in this triangle. We don't have to bring in any other women to see how toxic the situation was.

But murder was an irrational & evil response.

JMO
Right about having a problem with 1, 2 and 3 points above. The problem is You are in a relationship with a controlling partner. If the sexes were reversed here I don’t think anyone would have any sympathy with the killer. MOO

*Speaking completely generally here* but do you think, generally speaking, that repeat romantic cheaters feel guilt the way the rest of us do? I do not. I think repeated affairs and ongoing lying point to narcissistic qualities.

@azure, it is all about genes. From the evolution standpoint, if it is a small tribe, and the average lifespan of a man is 20 years (25 in Ancient Greece), then, his goals are to protect his tribe and to leave as many children with as many different women he can, for gene diversity. This behavior, ugly as it is now, counteracts inbreeding, inevitable in small groups.

For women, the evolutionary role is to protect and raise these kids, so, you generally see more stability and less aggression.

Jealousy, for a man, serves to prevent “his” woman from having a child with “not his” genes.

For a woman, jealousy works to retain the provider for her kids with her.

So in short, what we view as “narcissistic” because we are, after all, an advanced society, comes from the very dawn of human civilization.

In “re-offending” romantic cheaters, I suspect, two impulses fight. They don’t feel “guilt” or “wrong” when following new women. But - I think, men don’t enjoy looking into the eyes of “their” woman and lying. (Even worse if she is holding a child). This is where guilt comes. This is why one sometimes might see anger when trying to “get the truth” out of him (about the affair).

JMO

Right about having a problem with 1, 2 and 3 points above. The problem is You are in a relationship with a controlling partner. If the sexes were reversed here I don’t think anyone would have any sympathy with the killer. MOO
I completely agree. Strickland broke up with Armstrong at the 2 year mark, he was a single guy not married to KA, free to date. He reconciled with her due to their jointly owned business and acknowledged they were both going their separate ways. How he could put up with her following him, going through his phone, harassing his female friend(s) stalking his social media, he should have asked her to move out of his house. In hindsight I bet he wished he had.

CS has a good way of choosing words; for example, “inertia” when describing his relationship with KA is believable. But, he had to say that KA was “the least violent”, and stick to this line. Otherwise, him knowing that KA had certain personality traits and yet buying her a gun, having just ended/not ended relationship with another woman, looks very improvident.
“We were clearly going our separate ways but we just didn’t get enough inertia to separate,” he said.

Except that the wordsmith does not understand the definition of inertia.

Yep, me too! I don’t think they feel much for the person they are hurting. But he has to be carrying some guilt because Mo is dead, but then again …I don’t know this man! He could quite possibly be only feeling sorry for himself.
I think feelings of guilt are very complicated in our society, and often lead to very neurotic reactions. For example, it's interesting that, in AA programs, facing up to and relieving the hidden burden of guilt is one of the keys to becoming free of addiction.

For someone in CS's position, I'd advise counselling, to channel his feelings into remorse rather than guilt, and work towards being a better person in the future. But I'm not sure he will...

JMO

Here are some recommendations on dealing with jealousy. Not much new as we discussed it, except for one thing. The authors recommend the woman to be self-reliant, to have “own” friends, interests and hobbies. From this standpoint, maybe KA was investing too much in her guy’s interests. I understand, COVID, lots of people had to move in, merge businesses, etc. And maybe, COVID was a bigger trigger for the whole situation than we think. But in general, if she likes yoga, properties and antique auctions, and instead, invests her time and energy into her dude’s mobile vans, that contributes to jealousy.

As the Type A upwardly mobile, well educated and industrious go getter KA is or was purported to be, why would she walk away from paying her Botox charges in 2018 or 2019 with another credit card, with cash or whatever payment method to avoid the misdemeanor charge? Could be she was cash poor at that moment 3-4 years ago, acting like entitled princess, or could be trying to see what she could get away with and just plain scamming the system. Not what one would want in their history as she grew her career and her relationships in the community. I wonder what other similar issues may come to light as the plot thickens.

I think feelings of guilt are very complicated in our society, and often lead to very neurotic reactions. For examole, it's interesting that, in AA programs, facing up to and relieving the hidden burden of guilt is one of the keys to becoming free of addiction.

For someone in CS's position, I'd advise counselling, to channel his feelings into remorse rather than guilt, and work towards being a better person in the future. But I not sure he will...

JMO
Hey El Gato, I did just read in an interview that he has put himself in therapy so that’s a good step.

“We were clearly going our separate ways but we just didn’t get enough inertia to separate,” he said.

Except that the wordsmith does not understand the definition of inertia.

Lol, you are right. I paid no attention. I think in general, “inertia” is a good description of his attitude to KA (as opposed to love) and their situation (tied up by mutual business, financial ties), but from the standpoint of physics, it is the opposite. (And wasn’t he an engineer once?)

As the Type A upwardly mobile, well educated and industrious go getter KA is or was purported to be, why would she walk away from paying her Botox charges in 2018 or 2019 with another credit card, with cash or whatever payment method to avoid the misdemeanor charge? Could be she was cash poor at that moment 3-4 years ago, acting like entitled princess, or could be trying to see what she could get away with and just plain scamming the system. Not what one would want in their history as she grew her career and her relationships in the community. I wonder what other similar issues may come to light as the plot thickens.
Not sure exactly the date when she dipped out on paying the Botox charges, but she was traveling all over the world during that time (2018-19) per pictures on social media.

I think feelings of guilt are very complicated in our society, and often lead to very neurotic reactions. For example, it's interesting that, in AA programs, facing up to and relieving the hidden burden of guilt is one of the keys to becoming free of addiction.

For someone in CS's position, I'd advise counselling, to channel his feelings into remorse rather than guilt, and work towards being a better person in the future. But I'm not sure he will...

JMO
I read Strickland is in therapy now, in fact it was reported he only rides a bike now to go to his therapy sessions. He seems very angry and depressed over MW murder by his former gf.

Armstrong is expected to face a judge when she is taken to Austin, where she faces a murder charge. According to an official from PC court in Harris County, Armstrong will be transferred back to Austin in 10-15 days.

So she will not face the judge until Austin? And why the 2 week wait?
Yeah & I don’t like her having ANY bail.
Someone could take a second out on their house & she’s yoga free…

I know this goes back to the beginning, but it's been nagging in the back of my mind. How did KA know for certain that the friend that MW was staying with, would not be home? How did she know she wouldn't show up just happenstance? I understand the tracking on Strava, but could she have had access some way to conversations electronically?

Yeah & I don’t like her having ANY bail.
Someone could take a second out on their house & she’s yoga free…
They said 30 days in CR, it will be up to her attorney prob, how soon she comes back, just sayin....., I knew she had come back from PR, what I meant to say that she didn't spend any time after all in PR, her attorney is probably somewhat orchestrating her moves.

Last edited:
I know this goes back to the beginning, but it's been nagging in the back of my mind. How did KA know for certain that the friend that MW was staying with, would not be home? How did she know she wouldn't show up just happenstance? I understand the tracking on Strava, but could she have had access some way to conversations electronically?

I think she thought that she would find MW and CS together at the house and confront them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly