TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be, but if she wanted to look like that "other" passport photo, that other person has deepset "beady" eyes. And I don't mean that to sound disrepectful. Kaitlin's eyes are large and wideset and the other passport photo she may have been trying to emulate shows a person with heavy upper eyelids... so that is strange she'd have done that.
This is true, but CA sister’s appear round in some photos when she’s not squinting/laughing/smiling. CA is a few years younger as well. KAs eyelids definitely look different to me, but I don’t know what she was completely going for. To look like sis? To look younger (she doesn’t) or just change her look completely?

“"There's still some yellow discoloration that you can see on her nose. Also if we zoom in a little closer, we can see that there are probably the remnants of a scar here," facial plastic surgeon Dr. Jennifer Levine told Inside Edition.”

This is true, but CA sister’s appear round in some photos when she’s not squinting/laughing/smiling. CA is a few years younger as well. KAs eyelids definitely look different to me, but I don’t know what she was completely going for. To look like sis? To look younger (she doesn’t) or just change her look completely?
Her sister also appears to have dark brown eyes in every photo I've seen on SM. Other than colored contacts, one can't change that. Doesn't that count these days on photo ID, whether it be a DL or passport?

Her sister also appears to have dark brown eyes in every photo I've seen on SM. Other than colored contacts, one can't change that. Doesn't that count these days on photo ID, whether it be a DL or passport?
Very true! Wonder if KA’s next stop was an eye doctor to get brown contacts. KA’s eyes appear to be greenish grey and lighter to me.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet. Several news articles have mentioned KA was deported from CR. From a quick search, there is a difference in deportation and extradition. She could have been deported for being in the country unlawfully(using a stolen passport). My question is: could the death penalty still be on the table with deportation? It's off the table, of course, with extradition.

I know, right? She is a facial chameleon. Obviously the 2 on the bottom left are from high school per Fox News, so a good 16+ years old and we all had fuller faces then, but her pensive pics in the top row look SO wildly different to me. Not so much on the basis of each feature, but just an overall "look and feel." When she isn't smiling she looks so different from when her face is lit up. Why, Kaitlin, why? You were a gorgeous smart woman, and now for what?
I wonder, if her attractiveness gave her 'advantages', (often getting her own way in relationships) BUT now her boyfriend, preferred other company.
Jealousy +++

But what if the defendant also committed a federal crime? She was considered “armed and dangerous” and was an international fugitive.
State and Federal agencies are not interchangeable here -- two separate and independent bodies of laws: CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE - Texas, and Title 18 of the United States Code, and why KA will be prosecuted in both Travis County District Court, and the US District Court - Western District of Texas (Austin).

However, I'm hopeful about the prosecutor's motion filed on Friday, July 1, to raise the bond amount and request for a hearing where the Court can certainly consider KA's criminal activity as a fugitive. The judge has considerable authority in how the amount of bail is decided in Texas. MOO

State and Federal agencies are not interchangeable here -- two separate and independent bodies of laws: CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE - Texas, and Title 18 of the United States Code, and why KA will be prosecuted in both Travis County District Court, and the US District Court - Western District of Texas (Austin).

However, I'm hopeful about the prosecutor's motion filed on Friday, July 1, to raise the bond amount and request for a hearing where the Court can certainly consider KA's criminal activity as a fugitive. The judge has considerable authority in how the amount of bail is decided in Texas. MOO
Since people and media camped out in the road in front of the Laundrie's house for WEEKS, and the Laundrie's did not murder Gabby, their son did, aside from whether we think they helped hide Brian or didn't divulge her location if they knew about it... IF and IF IF IF Kaitlin is released on bail, wherever she winds up moving to, maybe there will be enough protesters and media camped out in front of HER location that she won't even feel safe leaving that residence during her alloted 8am to 8pm hours.

With her nostrils quite narrow and a still swollen tip on her nose, she may turn out looking like Michael Jackson. Looks like it would be hard to breath.
I hope I can say this without sounding like a terrible person but she is absolutely positively pathetic. I’m blown away by her lack of remorse and the steps she took to try to get away with slaughtering an innocent young woman. How can a person just murder an innocent person and have no remorse? She’s in LA LA LAND! Escaping to a tropical location. Plastic surgery. Teaching yoga. Surfing!! I see her toenails are painted too. This is what was important to her. She traveled to Europe for a few weeks just 3 months after skipping out on a Botox service. Makes me wonder what else she’s done and hadn’t been caught. I read a quote of hers on SM about how we should all love each other and see ourselves in each other when our emotions are high and blah blah blah. She’s nothing but a phony fraud with her faux yoga philosophy and let’s all just love each other bs. I hope she never sees freedom again.

I am curious how this whole "situation" works regarding her being able to retain and communicate with her attorney and others that she has in her life. Is she allowed x-hours a day to see the attorney in person or by phone? Would that phone call be recorded? Does she have any unrecorded time with the attorney? What if she needs to talk to him outside of regulated hours? I imagine as they build her case, they'd need countless hours of communication together.

Can she communicate with family or friends during this time? Does she get computer/internet access? Maybe no email but just general "surfing the web" access, perhaps for an hour a day?

I am curious how this whole "situation" works regarding her being able to retain and communicate with her attorney and others that she has in her life. Is she allowed x-hours a day to see the attorney in person or by phone? Would that phone call be recorded? Does she have any unrecorded time with the attorney? What if she needs to talk to him outside of regulated hours? I imagine as they build her case, they'd need countless hours of communication together.

Can she communicate with family or friends during this time? Does she get computer/internet access? Maybe no email but just general "surfing the web" access, perhaps for an hour a day?
I’m not sure about Texas, but jail calls are recorded here in Florida and can be subpoenaed into court - with the exception of attorney calls I believe.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet. Several news articles have mentioned KA was deported from CR. From a quick search, there is a difference in deportation and extradition. She could have been deported for being in the country unlawfully(using a stolen passport). My question is: could the death penalty still be on the table with deportation? It's off the table, of course, with extradition.
^^bbm

Since the death penalty only applies to Capital Murder as defined by the Texas Penal Code, at this time, regardless of the issue of deportation or extradition, it does not appear that KA has budged from the Murder 1 charge filed against her on May 17, and not the subject of punishment by death.

More specifically, the offense is described in Section 19.03 of the Texas Penal Code. The law was amended in the 86th Texas Legislature, through SB 719, effective September 1, 2019 (known as “Lauren’s Law.”).

(The new amendment is added in brackets below to the law as it was before the 2019 Legislative Session).

What is the law in Texas about Capital Murder?​

(a) A person commits an offense if the person commits murder as defined under Section 19.02(b)(1) and:

(1) the person murders a peace officer or fireman who is acting in the lawful discharge of an official duty and who the person knows is a peace officer or fireman;

(2) the person intentionally commits the murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat under Section 22.07(a)(1), (3), (4), (5), or (6);

(3) the person commits the murder for remuneration or the promise of remuneration or employs another to commit the murder for remuneration or the promise of remuneration;

(4) the person commits the murder while escaping or attempting to escape from a penal institution;

(5) the person, while incarcerated in a penal institution, murders another:

(A) who is employed in the operation of the penal institution; or

(B) with the intent to establish, maintain, or participate in a combination or in the profits of a combination;

(6) the person:

(A) while incarcerated for an offense under this section or Section 19.02, murders another; or

(B) while serving a sentence of life imprisonment or a term of 99 years for an offense under Section 20.04, 22.021, or 29.03, murders another;

(7) the person murders more than one person:

(A) during the same criminal transaction; or

(B) during different criminal transactions but the murders are committed pursuant to the same scheme or course of conduct;

(8) the person murders an individual under 10 years of age; or

(9) [the person murders an individual 10 years of age or older but younger than 15 years of age; or]

(10) the person murders another person in retaliation for or on account of the service or status of the other person as a judge or justice of the supreme court, the court of criminal appeals, a court of appeals, a district court, a criminal district court, a constitutional county court, a statutory county court, a justice court, or a municipal court.

How can I be charged with Capital Murder?​

You can be charged with Capital Murder if the state’s attorneys believe that each of the elements of 19.03(1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7) or (8), as described in the section above have been met.

Non privileged calls can be recorded and/or monitored. Her calls and meetings with attorneys cannot be recorded. She should have unfettered access to her counsel.

I hope I can say this without sounding like a terrible person but she is absolutely positively pathetic. I’m blown away by her lack of remorse and the steps she took to try to get away with slaughtering an innocent young woman. How can a person just murder an innocent person and have no remorse? She’s in LA LA LAND! Escaping to a tropical location. Plastic surgery. Teaching yoga. Surfing!! I see her toenails are painted too. This is what was important to her. She traveled to Europe for a few weeks just 3 months after skipping out on a Botox service. Makes me wonder what else she’s done and hadn’t been caught. I read a quote of hers on SM about how we should all love each other and see ourselves in each other when our emotions are high and blah blah blah. She’s nothing but a phony fraud with her faux yoga philosophy and let’s all just love each other bs. I hope she never sees freedom again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member