TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since people and media camped out in the road in front of the Laundrie's house for WEEKS, and the Laundrie's did not murder Gabby, their son did, aside from whether we think they helped hide Brian or didn't divulge her location if they knew about it... IF and IF IF IF Kaitlin is released on bail, wherever she winds up moving to, maybe there will be enough protesters and media camped out in front of HER location that she won't even feel safe leaving that residence during her alloted 8am to 8pm hours.

What if she's released to CS's? CS's place seems like it would be considered her domicile. I wonder if in the meanwhile while KA was a fugitive if CS got a restraining order or went to court to formally evict KA as otherwise KA could say that's her home and she has a right to be there short of some action taken by a court barring her from that residence.

What if she's released to CS's? CS's place seems like it would be considered her domicile. I wonder if in the meanwhile while KA was a fugitive if CS got a restraining order or went to court to formally evict KA as otherwise KA could say that's her home and she has a right to be there short of some action taken by a court barring her from that residence.
If she gets out, He needs to get a restraining order if at all possible because she WILL try to contact him. I don’t know if she has ever threatened him, but the woman murdered someone because of his perceived cheating, and he could be in danger. I know these orders are violated all the time, but maybe she’d think twice about contacting him if one was in place.

Maybe her next step was an ear lobe reduction surgery. One thing I've learned in my genealogy research is that while our faces do change over the years - we get heavier, thinner, and they just do morph a bit, the ears in general don't change as far as overall silhouette, whether they stick out more than others, the ridges the cartilage creates, and the lobes - whether they're very attached to the jaw with very little lobe, or whether you have a large, hanging lobe..... Just sayin'.
Very true! Once upon a time when I took a part time bartending job, I had to take the Tips certification - and in the class, there was a whole section on checking people's IDs and what to look for to make sure the person was the same person in their license/identification. And one of the things I remember learning was to always look for the ears if they are visible as the ears don't change!

I am curious how this whole "situation" works regarding her being able to retain and communicate with her attorney and others that she has in her life. Is she allowed x-hours a day to see the attorney in person or by phone? Would that phone call be recorded? Does she have any unrecorded time with the attorney? What if she needs to talk to him outside of regulated hours? I imagine as they build her case, they'd need countless hours of communication together.

Can she communicate with family or friends during this time? Does she get computer/internet access? Maybe no email but just general "surfing the web" access, perhaps for an hour a day?
Access to her attorney will be given, and their conversations will not be recorded, they are privileged communications.

I don't know if she would be allowed in-person visits with family, I doubt it, but perhaps she can make one phone call a day or something like that and these calls will most likely be recorded. She can probably receive snail mail that is read before she gets it.

Didn't someone earlier say that the home that CS and KA lived in was owned by CS? If so, I don't think KA will try to go back there. If it was owned by KA, then CS would likely be evicted at this point. But if CS owns it, then he probably should put KA's things in a storage unit and hand over the key to her attorney.

ETA: And have a witness check off every item moved into the storage, every detail.

Seemingly, the one family member she is really close to is her sister, and at this point, I do not know that it would be in either of their best interests to be visiting. JMO
My opinion too, but I didn’t think she’d visit her sister so soon after the murder and somehow get her passport. I’m not so sure either of them are doing things in their best interests, but maybe their attorneys are giving them a lesson on being wise. Just saying. If I were sister’s attorney I’d prolly tell her to set her SM to private too!

I am curious how this whole "situation" works regarding her being able to retain and communicate with her attorney and others that she has in her life. Is she allowed x-hours a day to see the attorney in person or by phone? Would that phone call be recorded? Does she have any unrecorded time with the attorney? What if she needs to talk to him outside of regulated hours? I imagine as they build her case, they'd need countless hours of communication together.

Can she communicate with family or friends during this time? Does she get computer/internet access? Maybe no email but just general "surfing the web" access, perhaps for an hour a day?
Unless things have changed...they usually don't allow visitors at the Travis County facility in Austin--that's not until the inmate gets moved in to Del Valle, where visiting is by appt. only and made w/ 24 hrs. notice.

Last edited:
Excellent question. That address was her last place of residence. I do believe he bought it prior to being connected with her from what I've found online, by a few years, but did he add her to the mortgage or deed during their short few years together? Possibly not. She still must have possessions and shared furniture and objects there unless he tossed them all out, and legally could he do that? As an extreme example, what if she had a safe in their shared residence with $10,000 in cash in it? She should be entitled to anything obviously her own and what they may have purchased together but that must get into more legal mess. So many cohabitate, no marriage, and then separate for various reasons and it often doesn't get divided fairly or equally. Been there, done that! They are on the Wheelhouse Mobile LLC together and so it seems that'll need to be divvied up and some court will need to decide how his RVs on his lot factor into what they each contributed toward that business. Did he have no capital so perhaps she paid for them on her own income or is it a mess of joint checking accounts so no way to determine who bought all of them and who is entitled to what now regarding distribution of assets? I'm sure there is much more to their joint assets...

Very true! Once upon a time when I took a part time bartending job, I had to take the Tips certification - and in the class, there was a whole section on checking people's IDs and what to look for to make sure the person was the same person in their license/identification. And one of the things I remember learning was to always look for the ears if they are visible as the ears don't change!
WOW, I wasn't aware of a certification for bartenders like that, but that's pretty cool the cert mentioned the ears!! The things we learn here! Thanks, @scdiv !!!

Seemingly, the one family member she is really close to is her sister, and at this point, I do not know that it would be in either of their best interests to be visiting. JMO
Doesn't seem to be a good idea, esp if their interactions are recorded. I'm seeing more and more here on WS that you can't actually even "see" the person you are visiting in some prisons. You enter and get access to a room with a camera/ipad sort of thing and the person you're visiting is somewhere behind a wall and you communicate through the monitor and aren't even really seeing them "in person" in the background. So why not just enable a secure "Zoom" type of meeting if that's the case these days. But at least with in person interactions, I assume they could whisper and things weren't recorded. When you "visit" and a glass wall is between you and both are handed a phone, obviously that can be recorded.

I’m not sure about Texas, but jail calls are recorded here in Florida and can be subpoenaed into court - with the exception of attorney calls I believe.
And aren't there also set times and limits? My knowledge of this is SO VERY SADLY and pathetically related to us having watched "Orange is the New Black" and it seemed they had phone call privileges in a shared phone in a hallway and others often listened and harassed them to get more time, so no privacy and not unlimited calling time per their situation.

Thanks for this. I lived in Nicaragua (Granada) for some time and am sometimes surprised at how wrong people get the place. Until the uprising in 2018-19, it was actually the safest country in Central America, and it probably is again at this point. Unfortunately a large part of the reason is that Ortega's authoritarian rule has kept it out of the drug trafficking that many of the other countries face. Gorgeous country with amazing people, and quite safe most everywhere other than parts of Managua. Very few guns. Petty crime/theft is the issue there.

Would have been a good spot for her, and her money would go a lot further than in CR.

This is the State Department's current position on Nicaragua. Great choice for flight from US law, horrendous choice for personal safety. The worst possible theme is "you don't know who your friends are, and who your enemies."

Country Summary: The government of Nicaragua arbitrarily enforces laws for political purposes. Throughout Nicaragua, government officials and law enforcement continue to target those opposed to the rule of President Ortega. The government and its affiliated groups have been reported to:

• Systematically target opposition figures (regardless of nationality), including former allies, political activists, business representatives, clergy, human rights advocates, and members of the press.
  • Arbitrarily detain pro-democracy advocates.
  • Prevent certain individuals from departing Nicaragua by air or land for political reasons.
  • Arbitrarily seize and/or search private property including personal phones and computers for anti-government content.
  • Arbitrarily detain individuals with unfounded charges of terrorism, money laundering, and organized crime for political motives.
U.S. citizens have reported being subject to this treatment, including harassment and assault by masked individuals. U.S. citizen residents of Nicaragua also report increased scrutiny of alleged political speech and additional scrutiny by immigration officials.

Travelers should exercise increased caution and be alert to the risks of crime, including violent crimes such as sexual assault and armed robbery.

Poor infrastructure in parts of the country limits the Embassy’s ability to assist U.S. citizens in emergencies. U.S. government personnel may be subject to restrictions on their movements at any time.

Department of State position on Nicaragua: Nicaragua Travel Advisory

Last edited:
That’s a good question. Can Dad, mom, sister and brother come visit her? If so, will their visits be monitored?
Definitely monitored (flashbacks of Casey Anthony’s parents visiting her).

“Visitors will be allowed TWO visits per week - Face-to-Face or Onsite Video Visit (kiosk).”

Doesn't seem to be a good idea, esp if their interactions are recorded. I'm seeing more and more here on WS that you can't actually even "see" the person you are visiting in some prisons. You enter and get access to a room with a camera/ipad sort of thing and the person you're visiting is somewhere behind a wall and you communicate through the monitor and aren't even really seeing them "in person" in the background. So why not just enable a secure "Zoom" type of meeting if that's the case these days. But at least with in person interactions, I assume they could whisper and things weren't recorded. When you "visit" and a glass wall is between you and both are handed a phone, obviously that can be recorded.
I think Travis County offers this type of visit.

“At Home Video Visits will be made available in July 2022 through ViaPath Technologies. Please check back with us for more information.”

They really were ludicrously off.:rolleyes:

F8A34C40-0D6D-4116-9391-6FFB30AB351A.jpeg5EAD112C-A25B-4D7F-AD70-3B236C0E073A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member