TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a quote of hers on SM about how we should all love each other and see ourselves in each other when our emotions are high and blah blah blah. She’s nothing but a phony fraud with her faux yoga philosophy and let’s all just love each other bs. I hope she never sees freedom again.
Ever read Jodi Arias' old blog? Maybe it's still around somewhere. OH HEY! Something to Think About

In a statement to the Austin American-Statesman, Strickland said he had a “brief relationship” with Wilson from late October to early November 2021, during a time when she was visiting Austin.

“At the time, she and I had both recently ended relationships,” his statement said. ^^bbm

Late Oct - Nov 2021, the state of the relationship is such that they're both pursuing other partners.

So why would KA and CS form an LLC and file the paperwork with the State on October 26, 2021? This makes no sense to me!

WHEELHOUSE MOBILE LLC
Texas Secretary Of State Business Registration
Filing Date: October 26, 2021

Was KA unaware of the relationship hiatus?

Or was she desperately trying to hang on to CS?

Although both KA and CS are managing members, I think if the business's Instagram was deleted, KA would most likely be responsible. Especially if the account vanished with her other accounts just before KA fled Austin. MOO

I hope I can say this without sounding like a terrible person but she is absolutely positively pathetic. I’m blown away by her lack of remorse and the steps she took to try to get away with slaughtering an innocent young woman. How can a person just murder an innocent person and have no remorse? She’s in LA LA LAND! Escaping to a tropical location. Plastic surgery. Teaching yoga. Surfing!! I see her toenails are painted too. This is what was important to her.
Of course she got a pedicure. It's called self care. Committing murder and fleeing the country is stressful y'all!

Except KA was NOT charged with capital murder(max penalty is death), making deportation moot.

KA was charged with Felony Murder 1 where the penalty is 5 to 99.
Yeah she'll probably get 25 to life and 5 for running. I don't see DP or LWOP.

I'm curious if/how much her sister knew or helped her escape. Did she steal her passport?

Armstrong is now in Austin -- headline on the front page of the Austin American Statesmen this morning: "Suspect in cyclist's slaying in custody in Austin"

This article gives a brief summary of the case and notes "one minute after Wilson used the specific code to unlock the door, the affidavit says Armstrong's vehicle appeared on the security camera footage just after 8:30 pm."

Likely y'all have covered this already, but was Armstrong tracking Strickland through his cell phone? And was she possibly actually stalking/observing Strickland and Wilson swimming together at Barton Springs and eventually followed them back to the Maple Ave. apartment?

I'm familiar with Barton Springs pool. It covers 3 acres and is 200 yards long. It wouldn't be hard to watch someone from a distance and not be noticed.

Last edited:
Armstrong is now in Austin -- headline on the front page of the Austin American Statesmen this morning: "Suspect in cyclist's slaying in custody in Austin"

This article gives a brief summary of the case and notes "one minute after Wilson used the specific code to unlock the door, the affidavit says Armstrong's vehicle appeared on the security camera footage just after 8:30 pm."

Likely y'all have covered this already, but was Armstrong tracking Strickland through his cell phone? And was she possibly actually stalking/observing Strickland and Wilson swimming together at Barton Springs and eventually followed them back to the Maple Ave. apartment?

I'm familiar with Barton Springs pool. It covers 3 acres and is 200 yards long. It wouldn't be hard to watch someone from a distance and not be noticed.
And did KA know the resident of the home, MW's host, wasn't home? What would she have done if the resident was there too?

Please help me resolve these details.
KA shows up at the apartment at 8:30, presumably knocks on the door, (allegedly) shoots MW. How long was she at the apartment?

I thought I read an account that MW was alive (barely) when paramedics arrived around 10 pm, but current reports note MW was pronounced dead at the scene.

Was MW clinging to life for the hours between when she was shot and when paramedics arrived?

Please help me resolve these details.
KA shows up at the apartment at 8:30, presumably knocks on the door, (allegedly) shoots MW. How long was she at the apartment?

I thought I read an account that MW was alive (barely) when paramedics arrived around 10 pm, but current reports note MW was pronounced dead at the scene.

Was MW clinging to life for the hours between when she was shot and when paramedics arrived?
I’m assuming from all I’ve read, that KA simply shot MW and fled. Reports say the roommate found Wilson unconscious on the bathroom floor, bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds, called 911 and tried to administer cpr while she waited for EMT to arrive.

Police also attempted cpr but EMT pronounced her dead at the scene.

She must have clung to life before the roommate came home, and slightly after. It was nearly 1 1/2 hours from the shooting, to the roommate’s arrival.

@Howl Here is the timeline:

Late afternoon, May 11:
Wilson texts the friend at whose home she was staying to say she is going to go swimming with Colin. The friend goes home (#1 on map) “to speak with Wilson about her going out with Colin.” The affidavit does not specify whether this friend is the same woman who later told police that she knew Armstrong had warned Wilson to stay away from Strickland.

5:30 p.m.: Wilson’s host leaves the apartment to go to dinner with other friends. On the way out, she sees that Wilson has left a bike travel bag on the porch outside the second-floor unit. She briefly goes back inside to remind Wilson to bring it in.

5:45: Strickland’s estimation of the time he arrived on his motorcycle to take Wilson to the pool.

5:55: The keypad at the friend’s home registers that it has been locked.
Evening: Strickland and Wilson are at Deep Eddy swimming pool (#2 on map) and then at adjacent Pool Burger.

8:16: Strickland and Wilson leave Pool Burger on his motorcycle.

8:26: A vehicle identified as Armstrong’s Jeep Grand Cherokee is seen driving around the block where Wilson is staying.

8:36: The keypad at the friend’s home registers Wilson’s entry code.

8:36: Strickland stops at the end of the alley after dropping off Wilson and sends Armstrong a text message telling her he is on his way home. He does not say he has been with Wilson, instead claiming he had been to drop off some flowers for a friend of the couple’s and that his phone had died.

8:37: Armstrong’s Jeep is seen on a street next to Wilson’s friend’s home.

Between 8:30 and 9:30: Wilson’s friend’s landlord, who lives in the larger home on the property, goes into the garage, which is beneath the rental unit. While he is there, he hears what he believes is someone running down the stairs from the apartment to the alley. From beneath the partly raised garage door, he sees a bicyclist southbound in the alley. (The only item later determined to be missing from the apartment is Wilson’s bike. It is found concealed in vegetation about 20 yards south.)

8:43: Strickland’s estimation of the time he arrived at his home in the East Congress neighborhood (#3 on map), about 7 miles from Wilson’s friend’s home. (Surveillance video from a nearby car dealership indicates he passed by a few minutes later, at 8:48.) Around that time, he said, he sent Armstrong a second text.

9:21: Strickland sends Armstrong a third text message. Shortly after that, he told police, she drove up in the Jeep.

9:54: Wilson’s friend returns home. The bike travel bag is now at the bottom of the stairs, and the apartment door is unlocked. Inside she finds Wilson on the bathroom floor covered in blood.

9:56: Wilson’s friend calls 911 and begins performing CPR.

10:10: Wilson is pronounced dead after police arrive.

Last edited:
I’m assuming from all I’ve read, that KA simply shot MW and fled. Reports say the roommate found Wilson unconscious on the bathroom floor, bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds, called 911 and tried to administer cpr while she waited for EMT to arrive.

Police also attempted cpr but EMT pronounced her dead at the scene.

She must have clung to life before the roommate came home, and slightly after. It was nearly 1 1/2 hours from the shooting, to the roommate’s arrival.

@Howl Here is the timeline:

Late afternoon, May 11:
Wilson texts the friend at whose home she was staying to say she is going to go swimming with Colin. The friend goes home (#1 on map) “to speak with Wilson about her going out with Colin.” The affidavit does not specify whether this friend is the same woman who later told police that she knew Armstrong had warned Wilson to stay away from Strickland.

5:30 p.m.: Wilson’s host leaves the apartment to go to dinner with other friends. On the way out, she sees that Wilson has left a bike travel bag on the porch outside the second-floor unit. She briefly goes back inside to remind Wilson to bring it in.

5:45: Strickland’s estimation of the time he arrived on his motorcycle to take Wilson to the pool.

5:55: The keypad at the friend’s home registers that it has been locked.
Evening: Strickland and Wilson are at Deep Eddy swimming pool (#2 on map) and then at adjacent Pool Burger.

8:16: Strickland and Wilson leave Pool Burger on his motorcycle.

8:26: A vehicle identified as Armstrong’s Jeep Grand Cherokee is seen driving around the block where Wilson is staying.

8:36: The keypad at the friend’s home registers Wilson’s entry code.

8:36: Strickland stops at the end of the alley after dropping off Wilson and sends Armstrong a text message telling her he is on his way home. He does not say he has been with Wilson, instead claiming he had been to drop off some flowers for a friend of the couple’s and that his phone had died.

8:37: Armstrong’s Jeep is seen on a street next to Wilson’s friend’s home.

Between 8:30 and 9:30: Wilson’s friend’s landlord, who lives in the larger home on the property, goes into the garage, which is beneath the rental unit. While he is there, he hears what he believes is someone running down the stairs from the apartment to the alley. From beneath the partly raised garage door, he sees a bicyclist southbound in the alley. (The only item later determined to be missing from the apartment is Wilson’s bike. It is found concealed in vegetation about 20 yards south.)

8:43: Strickland’s estimation of the time he arrived at his home in the East Congress neighborhood (#3 on map), about 7 miles from Wilson’s friend’s home. (Surveillance video from a nearby car dealership indicates he passed by a few minutes later, at 8:48.) Around that time, he said, he sent Armstrong a second text.

9:21: Strickland sends Armstrong a third text message. Shortly after that, he told police, she drove up in the Jeep.

9:54: Wilson’s friend returns home. The bike travel bag is now at the bottom of the stairs, and the apartment door is unlocked. Inside she finds Wilson on the bathroom floor covered in blood.

9:56: Wilson’s friend calls 911 and begins performing CPR.

10:10: Wilson is pronounced dead after police arrive.

8:36-9:54 is more like 1.5 hours, not 4 unless I’m missing something. But reading this timeline makes me sad. If Mo was indeed alive when her roommate got home she suffered for a long time.

8:36-9:54 is more like 1.5 hours, not 4 unless I’m missing something. But reading this timeline makes me sad. If Mo was indeed alive when her roommate got home she suffered for a long time.
I just edited it, yes, my error!

Oh good, I'm glad they said the prosecutors could increase her charges to include capital murder. In that case she could be denied bond, the only charge in Texas in which a defendant is not entitled to a bond as a general rule. But - it still seems likely she will get bond.

I don't know about Travis County, but Harris County (Houston) has major issues with felony bond reform. More than 156 people were killed by suspects out on multiple felony bonds in Harris County over the past few years, and yet, violent criminals are STILL getting bonded out. Even individuals who had been previously charged with robbery and capital murder. I'd say KA is less of a threat to the general public given the love triangle motivation, but a very high risk to flee given she has already shown the ruthless steps she took to leave the country and take on a new identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x