TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can keep your old passport, but once you get a new one and the old one is presented uoon renewing your passport - they punch holes in it. At least they did mine. CA got her passport in 2018, and traveled to Europe that summer. Her passport doesn’t expire until 2028.

Do we know when KA's passport was last issued and expires? From the Inside Edition video interview with the person who had the two passports in his hand in Costa Rica that he found in KA's locker after she was apprehended, it looks like KA's passport expired in May of 2021, but it is hard to read as it is blurry and it's a video, not a still picture. Does anyone know?

Oh good, I'm glad they said the prosecutors could increase her charges to include capital murder. In that case she could be denied bond, the only charge in Texas in which a defendant is not entitled to a bond as a general rule. But - it still seems likely she will get bond.

I don't know about Travis County, but Harris County (Houston) has major issues with felony bond reform. More than 156 people were killed by suspects out on multiple felony bonds in Harris County over the past few years, and yet, violent criminals are STILL getting bonded out. Even individuals who had been previously charged with robbery and capital murder. I'd say KA is less of a threat to the general public given the love triangle motivation, but a very high risk to flee given she has already shown the ruthless steps she took to leave the country and take on a new identity.
Yes. A very high risk to flee. And I wouldn't want to be involved in interfering in her 2nd effort to flee because she is likely to be armed & dangerous having seen her future from the inside of a cell.

MOO

First, IANAL! It seems the Texas' terroristic threat law passed in the 1970s used the term "terroristic" in the context of an individual threatening bodily harm. From a random law practice found on the internet explaining this law: "Texas’s 'terroristic threat' law, originally enacted in 1974, really has nothing to do with the term 'terrorism' as we know of it today. Its purpose is to protect individuals and property from the reckless and irresponsible exercise of the First Amendment’s guarantee of free expression." Understanding Terrorist Threat Allegations

For an example close to home, a female member of the extended family got into a traffic altercation with two guys. She threatened to call her boyfriend to come beat them up. She faced the possibility of being charged with making a terroristic threat.

Didn't someone upthread note that KA had made a comment at some point that she wanted to kill MW? Maybe simple hyperbole at the time, but when the person making the comment follows through...

Didn't someone upthread note that KA had made a comment at some point that she wanted to kill MW? Maybe simple hyperbole at the time, but when the person making the comment follows through...
Yes, it’s in the affidavit, that a witness who requested to remain anonymous said in January when KA found that Colin was still in touch with MW, she was “shaking with anger”, stated that she wanted to “kill MW”, and had purchased or would purchase a firearm. (Link below)

I suppose if the prosecution really wanted to press for capital murder, they could use that information.

Why would the records have changed from the US Marshals “wanted for first-degree murder’ to “unnamed first-degree felony charge”?

Is it because prosecutors do plan to raise the charges?

Jail records show that Armstrong has been charged with an "unnamed first-degree felony charge and a class B misdemeanor charge for theft of service equal to or greater than $100 and less than $750," related to the May 11 shooting of Wilson, 25, according to the outlet.

Last edited:
Do we know when KA's passport was last issued and expires? From the Inside Edition video interview with the person who had the two passports in his hand in Costa Rica that he found in KA's locker after she was apprehended, it looks like KA's passport expired in May of 2021, but it is hard to read as it is blurry and it's a video, not a still picture. Does anyone know?

The first date listed on the passport is the date of issuance. KA got her passport in June 2021 and it expires 10 years later (May 2031).

Link: Passport of Fugitive Yoga Teacher's Sister Found After Arrest: Witness

Attachments

• KA passport.JPG
    KA passport.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I wonder also, even though the Jeep was sold to a CarMax and they did a detailed cleaning. I wonder if there’s any chance there is evidence still left in KA’s jeep. Like gunshot residue on the steering wheel? I may not know what I’m talking about. How long does residue last? And how easily is it cleaned?

Yes, it’s in the affidavit, that a witness who requested to remain anonymous said in January when KA found that Colin was still in touch with MW, she was “shaking with anger”, stated that she wanted to “kill MW”, and had purchased or would purchase a firearm. (Link below)

I suppose if the prosecution really wanted to press for capital murder, they could use that information.

The thing is, that particular caller/witness (the one who advised that KA wanted to kill MW) was anonymous and refused to be identified. They didn't just request to be anonymous. So I would think that would have to be substantiated in order to escalate a charge?

There's another part of the affidavit where another witness, "Jane" (the one who advised that MW had an on again, off again romantic relationship with CS, once again contradicting his self serving statement of his "one week" relationship), that witness requested to be anonymous so she was given a pseudonym in the affidavit. But LE likely has her real information. The caller who anonymously reported KA's comments and rage toward MW, did not disclose their identity to LE. That may have been enough for an arrest warrant, combined with all the other evidence, but I don't know if that claim would stand up in court without more evidence or proof that KA said those things.

I don't think this is the case at all, but for all anyone knows (or what the defense could argue), it could have been a friend of CS or MW, or someone with an agenda, etc etc.

Regarding the person who told LE that KA was shaking and wanted to kill Mo, did LE specifically state that the informant refused to identify themselves? Or perhaps LE could be stating anonymous because they want to protect the informant?

I wonder also, even though the Jeep was sold to a CarMax and they did a detailed cleaning. I wonder if there’s any chance there is evidence still left in KA’s jeep. Like gunshot residue on the steering wheel? I may not know what I’m talking about. How long does residue last? And how easily is it cleaned?
Regardless of whether or not evidence may still be found in the Jeep, nothing would ever be allowed into trial, due to chain-of-command issues with the Jeep. Who knows who may have had access to the car after she dropped it off at Carmax, and theoretically, any of them could have planted, or contaminated any evidence left behind. JMO

Last edited:
Regarding the person who told LE that KA was shaking and wanted to kill Mo, did LE specifically state that the informant refused to identify themselves? Or perhaps LE could be stating anonymous because they want to protect the informant?
No, they specifically stated in the warrant I linked up thread that the caller refused to give their identity.

Regardless of whether or not evidence may still be found in the Jeep, nothing would ever be allowed into trial, due to chain-of-command issues with the Jeep. Who knows who may have had access to the car after she dropped it off at Carmax, and theoretically, any of them could have planted, or altered any evidence left behind. JMO
That is true!

The only thing I could see remotely applying to KA with Capital murder/death penalty is that she committed the crime while making terroristic threats — but that’s really a stretch.
Or committed the crime while attempting to rob MW of her racing bicycle! So now ABC thinks the prosecutor can make up an additional felony on the run?! :rolleyes:

Probably not useful, but here's a detail that's bugged me for which I'd like more info. Why did the property owner open the garage door only partially? This just so happened to be the exact moment they heard someone run down the stairs of the property. I know this is likely just a weird coincidence, but it's bothered me. Why would one only open the garage door partially at that time of night? Were they planning to open it ALL the way, to back their car out, but then heard something and only opened it partially? And what did they do after they heard someone run down the stairs and speed off on a bike? Go about their business? Just seems weird and I'd like to know more. If it were my property, I'd have checked in upstairs to make sure all was good with my property and tenant.

Yes. A very high risk to flee. And I wouldn't want to be involved in interfering in her 2nd effort to flee because she is likely to be armed & dangerous having seen her future from the inside of a cell.

MOO

Also, after all, she killed a woman who may have been in a past romantic relationship with her bf, but that day, went to a swimming pool with him. Her own father in the interview said that there were others; he probably got this information from KA. How do we know that KA, who is resourceful and jealous, won’t go after these “others”, real or perceived ones? Breaking laws and bolting is not her first time. Her MO seems to be removing people she thinks stay in her way. What if tomorrow she’ll decide to go after potential hostile witnesses? CS? Someone from the bike community of someone else who she blames? While she is not the greatest planner, she is very obstinate (she was said “no” to yoga instruction in CR; she kept on coming till she got it). I don’t know…it seems to be a concerning situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi