TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't find him credible AT ALL. When he talks to the media, you have to ask, "What's In it for him?" because that's how he views the world, IMO. Mr. Innocent Bystander.
He has no credibility. One of the most bizarre parts of this case is from one of the arrest warrants that said when the police first questioned him on MW, he pretended to not know who she was, until he finally admitted he did. I know this was referenced in the early threads here. Why did he even bother to lie like that?

9:20 am - Police make contact with Strickland. They write, "Strickland originally acted as though he did not know who Wilson was but eventually admitted to knowing her.”

I don't think he's guilty of this crime. But the statements he has put out in his own words directly contradicts information in the affidavit. I don't think it justifies KA's crime in any way, but being with a partner who repeatedly lies and then gaslights when confronted, is emotionally abusive. I don't think it's enough to be a legal defense in a court of law, but I wonder if her attorneys will even try.

I can't see that being successful. She's not the first woman in that position and won't be the last, and lying and deceit is vile and wrong to do to someone, but most scorned women still don't go out and kill the other woman.

True, but if he knew she was prone to violence or craziness, what was in it for him to but her a firearm? She might have turned it on him.

I agree, I don't think he had any qualms about buying KA a firearm. Below is his quote about KAs lack of a volatile personality.

Commenting on his relationship with Armstrong, Strickland said he "had no indication" she could be capable of "anything like that" and has been in "shell-shocked grieving mode" since the shooting on Wednesday 11 May.

"I would say she is one of the least volatile people I have ever met and that's why it's so absolutely shocking," he continued.

"That's why it's so shocking": Colin Strickland says on-the-run murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong "one of the least volatile people I have ever met"

I wonder if Austin crime in general (or a specific incident) prompted the purchase of the guns & whether they ever went to a shooting range.

We need to know more. Especially about the timing of the purchases.

It was reported early on that CS told MSM that he had never even used/fired his gun. So I am guessing that CS never went to a shooting range.

I’d rather her spend life in prison with no chance of parole. Let her sit without her freedoms in a cage the rest of her life for what she’s done to Mo and her family. KA had a blessed life before and had a lot of beautiful adventures. Let her sit in jail the rest of her life. Death penalty would be too easy. Let her experience the death of her freedoms for the rest of her life. JMO

It was reported early on that CS told MSM that he had never even used/fired his gun. So I am guessing that CS never went to a shooting range.
As a responsible gun owner, I cannot fathom that someone would buy a handgun, and not learn how to use it, including getting comfortable with handling and firing it. JMO

As a responsible gun owner, I cannot fathom that someone would buy a handgun, and not learn how to use it, including getting comfortable with handling and firing it. JMO
I wonder if it was KA's idea that they should have firearms, and CS was never really committed to the idea, but went along with the program just to please her, and had no interest in pursuing it further once the purchase was made.

I think KA's lawyer and his team must be combing through all of CS's statements to the media and making a list of things to question/investigate further.

I found some more photos on the interwebs to compare her mug shot to see the difference.

She does look different from different angles. This quality - looking different on different photos - is considered very desirable for a model. Overall, she is undoubtedly pretty, and on younger photos, slightly resembles Botticelli’s muse. That such an energetic, resourceful woman could so badly mess up her own life and the lives of so many people around her, is unfathomable.

No, the death penalty is still on the table because it’s Texas and she’s charged with first-degree murder.
The death penalty is still an option because KA was deported by CR, not extradited. Some countries in extradition treaties with the US require the US to waive the death penalty for extradition to be approved. But that detail is moot in this case.
The US Marshal pointedly said CR authorities were in charge of the case, and the case was deportation. He went out of his way to describe who was in charge of what. The deportation was for infraction of CR law, legally nothing to do with US case.
I’ll bet the US took possession of KA at a “border facility”, namely the San Jose international airport. In line at the airport, there were no US Marshals, correct? CR LE, I think. And they didn’t look like they were waiting in line to go through. Just kinda there. It looked like an odd way to secure a prisoner. The handover must have been just on the other side of where you’d normally show your passport at departure. That area would theoretically be not CR, I suppose.

He has no credibility. One of the most bizarre parts of this case is from one of the arrest warrants that said when the police first questioned him on MW, he pretended to not know who she was, until he finally admitted he did. I know this was referenced in the early threads here. Why did he even bother to lie like that?

9:20 am - Police make contact with Strickland. They write, "Strickland originally acted as though he did not know who Wilson was but eventually admitted to knowing her.”

I don't think he's guilty of this crime. But the statements he has put out in his own words directly contradicts information in the affidavit. I don't think it justifies KA's crime in any way, but being with a partner who repeatedly lies and then gaslights when confronted, is emotionally abusive. I don't think it's enough to be a legal defense in a court of law, but I wonder if her attorneys will even try.

I can't see that being successful. She's not the first woman in that position and won't be the last, and lying and deceit is vile and wrong to do to someone, but most scorned women still don't go out and kill the other woman.
As a cyclist, I also agree. One of the odder quotes attributed to him from a police affidavit (according to Fox7 news) is this:
When Strickland described Armstrong, he referred to her as a "participant" at bicycle races while he is a "racer". Strickland also said he told Armstrong in the past she does not need to ride with him because she "holds him back," according to the affidavit. Strickland also told police that Armstrong normally feels as though he's "grumpy" while training because he has to wait on Armstrong due to her not being able to ride at a professional level.

No professional cyclist should be stuck with training only with their partner (CS with KA in this case). There's plenty of other pro cyclists and fast amateurs that CS could go on challenging training rides with in the Austin area. Perhaps the LE and/or journalist involved in the quote had no experience with cycling and helped contribute to this impression, but it seemed really unprofessional. But if it is indeed accurate, it suggests a really weird dynamic between KA and CS and his cycling career.

She does look different from different angles. This quality - looking different on different photos - is considered very desirable for a model. Overall, she is undoubtedly pretty, and on younger photos, slightly resembles Botticelli’s muse. That such an energetic, resourceful woman could so badly mess up her own life and the lives of so many people around her, is unfathomable.
Per the Behavior Panel, the chameleon quality is a common signal of a psychopath, or at least someone who is capable of slaughter with no remorse. Viz Jodi Arias.

The death penalty is still an option because KA was deported by CR, not extradited. Some countries in extradition treaties with the US require the US to waive the death penalty for extradition to be approved. But that detail is moot in this case.
The US Marshal pointedly said CR authorities were in charge of the case, and the case was deportation. He went out of his way to describe who was in charge of what. The deportation was for infraction of CR law, legally nothing to do with US case.
I’ll bet the US took possession of KA at a “border facility”, namely the San Jose international airport. In line at the airport, there were no US Marshals, correct? CR LE, I think. And they didn’t look like they were waiting in line to go through. Just kinda there. It looked like an odd way to secure a prisoner. The handover must have been just on the other side of where you’d normally show your passport at departure. That area would theoretically be not CR, I suppose.

Except KA was NOT charged with capital murder(max penalty is death), making deportation moot.

KA was charged with Felony Murder 1 where the penalty is 5 to 99.

Armstrong, Kaitlin Marie - Age 34
Booking Information
Booking Number
Booked
7/5/2022 at 3:32 PM
Arresting Agency
Austin Police Dept
Offense Number
A221311523
Facility
Travis County Jail
Charges (2)
**Charge Description Unavailable**
Felony, 1st Degree
Cause Number
D1DC22301129
Charge Authority
New Warrant - Class B or Above
Bond
$3,500,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
None
THEFT OF SERVICE EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN $100 AND LESS THAN $750
Misdemeanor, Class B
Cause Number
C1CR18150969
Charge Authority
New Warrant - Class B or Above
Bond
$3,500 Any Type of Bond
Sentence
None
Disposition
None

I forgot about the denying he knew MW. That’s gross.
I guess the benefit of the doubt might be if the police asked if he knew “Anna Wilson” (as she was went by her middle name and he might not know her legal first name was not Moriah) but otherwise.. yuck.

I guess the benefit of the doubt might be if the police asked if he knew “Anna Wilson” (as she was went by her middle name and he might not know her legal first name was not Moriah) but otherwise.. yuck.
That's a good point that the police might have said "Anna." But if the police really wrote that "Strickland originally acted as though he did not know who Wilson was but eventually admitted to knowing her" - emphasis by me - those words seem to imply their judgment that he was "acting" like he didn't know Mo (when he really did) and then "eventually admitted" knowing her (finally came clean).

We don't have access to the search warrant where this was mentioned. It appears that it was detailed in the search warrant for Colin's phone. This search warrant was cited and referenced in the article linked above and referenced as:

3) Search Warrant SW22104050: phone owned by Colin Strickland - Issued by a Judge on May 13, 2022, at 2:01 pm, City of Austin Municipal Court - County of Travis, Texas.

ETA: sorry, in my initial post on this I wrote that CS comment about not knowing MW was referenced in an arrest warrant when I meant to write search warrant - but it's too late to edit!

Last edited:

Well, another reason might be if he truly didn’t know why the police came. Did it happen after the cycling community got the news about Mo being killed, or before? If before: he yesterday saw Mo, and now his jealous gf is standing next to him. Maybe he didn’t want to discuss his “knowledge” of Mo with the police in her presence? If the police came after all the cyclists already knew about Mo: not the smartest approach, because, Mo, Moriah or Anna, “Wilson” should have been on everyone’s mind.

Also: KA’s father in the interview called Mo “Anna Wilson”, speaking about CS’s relationship with her. Either he never heard of her, or, the opposite: his daughter told him about CS's affair and, probably, didn't want to call her Mo. But then, CS definitely knew her first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion