TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve done a lot of looking around on the Interwebs about this case. I’ve probably seen more than 50 photos of KA. She does appear very different in all of them! She’s very attractive with or without make up..very much a natural red headed beauty, but make up really changes her appearance and I think in the media photos we’ve seen, she is wearing eye lash extensions, and of course make up. I don’t know if any of y’all have ever had eyelash extensions, but I have and boy they can really change the way you look.

Her state of mind had broken with reality. Not only is it beyond the pale to murder someone, but she ruined her life and brought misery and stress on her sister, father, family. She’ll never have travel,fun, opportunity for marriage, child, etc. Even the Costa Rica plan would’ve been a thousand times more feasible and productive IF she’d done it normally, and not as a wanted fugitive and murderer. It’s as if she wasn’t in reality.

I hope she is able to turn her life around while in prison and afterward. If she is sentenced to 20 years, she could be released in her 50's (if not before) and live a productive life. There are many accounts of individuals who have lived a productive life after paying their debt to society, including individuals who have been incarcerated for murder. I hope that is the case for KA.

Her state of mind had broken with reality. Not only is it beyond the pale to murder someone, but she ruined her life and brought misery and stress on her sister, father, family. She’ll never have travel,fun, opportunity for marriage, child, etc. Even the Costa Rica plan would’ve been a thousand times more feasible and productive IF she’d done it normally, and not as a wanted fugitive and murderer. It’s as if she wasn’t in reality.
I wonder if that is settling into her mind now after being jailed for almost a week? Or is she still magical thinking - “oh I hired the best defense attorney in all of Texas and he’s going to clear all this up so I can get back to living my life!”

KA’s dad said in an interview that CS had many lovers. He could have just been saying that, but why would he if it weren’t true?
Judging from his insistence that KA couldn't have killed MW, I'm not sure how well he even knows his daughter, much less CS. At best, all he could know is what KA told him. JMO

I wonder if that is settling into her mind now after being jailed for almost a week? Or is she still magical thinking - “oh I hired the best defense attorney in all of Texas and he’s going to clear all this up so I can get back to living my life!”
I’m afraid you’ve probably hit the nail on the head with your last sentence.

I hope she is able to turn her life around while in prison and afterward. If she is sentenced to 20 years, she could be released in her 50's (if not before) and live a productive life. There are many accounts of individuals who have lived a productive life after paying their debt to society, including individuals who have been incarcerated for murder. I hope that is the case for KA.
It’s certainly possible. And being caught and going to prison may in the end prove to be a therapeutic turning point for her — perhaps necessary. But the adjustment will take time, and the evolving will happen in stages.

Add 5 years for the amount of time this'll take before going to trial.

I thought I posted this last night, but can't find it. Forgive me if it did get published and I'm just not seeing any replies. IF she does get to bail out, will she be required to stay in Austin? That could be a hardship. Her home isn't her home (it's Colin's, and of course he isn't going to take her back). No one in Austin would hire her, and she will need not only a residence but income. Would she be allowed to move out of state into a home with family or a friend?

I thought I posted this last night, but can't find it. Forgive me if it did get published and I'm just not seeing any replies. IF she does get to bail out, will she be required to stay in Austin? That could be a hardship. Her home isn't her home (it's Colin's, and of course he isn't going to take her back). No one in Austin would hire her, and she will need not only a residence but income. Would she be allowed to move out of state into a home with family or a friend?
I'm sure she will probably have court-ordered restrictions on how far away from Austin she can go. I doubt she will be required to stay in Austin, but I also doubt she will be allowed to leave the state, and Texas being so large a state, she may even be restricted to a defined area within Texas. I doubt the court will allow her to go too far, as she has shown that she will. JMO

Last edited:
It’s certainly possible. And being caught and going to prison may in the end prove to be a therapeutic turning point for her — perhaps necessary. But the adjustment will take time, and the evolving will happen in stages.
IMO it will be easier to assess this once we know more about KA's personality, which is only likely to come out at trial. She may not now (before, or ever) have the makings of serenity, accountability, empathy..... etc. etc. In other words, it may not be in her to rehabilitate.

Texas allows people to travel out of state when they’re out on bail, awaiting trial, unless the crime is a federal one. Murder is not, so yes, she could leave the area, unless the judge stipulates that she must remain within the state.
No link, because it took Googling and reading 7 articles to get this straight!:p

Texas allows people to travel out of state when they’re out on bail, awaiting trial, unless the crime is a federal one. Murder is not, so yes, she could leave the area, unless the judge stipulates that she must remain within the state.
No link, because it took Googling and reading 7 articles to get this straight!:p
But unlawful flight to avoid prosecution is a federal crime, right? So, shouldn't that mean that she cannot leave the state?

I do remember seeing your post, but this site kept getting jacked up for me. That’s a good question. There may be bond restrictions put in place requiring her to stay put in Austin. I know my perpetrator was not allowed to travel 50 miles away from his residence after he made bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member