TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love triangle 'killer' had 'panic attack & caused scene at yoga retreat'

First time poster soo hoping this turns out ok but this case has fascinated me…and this popped up this am with lots of pics of KA from a retreat in Bali a few years back! And a meltdown.
Welcome! And thanks for the link.

I’m not taking up for KA, but the person being interviewed sounds - I dunno- a bit unsympathetic and gossipy. Maybe KA was very scared after eating something she was very allergic to. I can see that happening. I can’t see myself distancing myself from someone who over reacted to eating something that didn’t agree with them, but to each their own. Not taking up for KA, but I was expecting to read something like - she blew up at someone or had a different kind of outburst.

^^rsbbm

Admittedly, the words "hotel project" have always thrown me off here. Does anybody have a definitive answer as to what the "sprinter/spartan hotel project" refers to?

I first assumed this was Spartan as in the obstacle races. But the "hotel" reference had me wondering about Spartan vintage trailers. If the vintage trailer, KA attending the event would not be unusual considering CS/KA formed an LLC for the vintage trailer restoration business in late Oct 2021.

Anybody? Thanks.
I assumed the spartan hotel project referred to there had to do with their vintage trailer restoration business (Wheelhouse Mobile).

I’m not taking up for KA, but the person being interviewed sounds - I dunno- a bit unsympathetic and gossipy. Maybe KA was very scared after eating something she was very allergic to. I can see that happening. I can’t see myself distancing myself from someone who over reacted to eating something that didn’t agree with them, but to each their own. Not taking up for KA, but I was expecting to read something like - she blew up at someone or had a different kind of outburst.
Yes, I’m sensing more vulnerability and neuroticism in KA from the various stories.

Has anyone in this thread seen any corroboration from any source of the short breakup CS says he & KA had in the fall of 2021? If not, perhaps there was no breakup. Maybe he's just a cheater. I haven't seen proof that KA was dating others, as CS said, either.

I don't think we'll learn more about this short breakup until the trial. If it is to their advantage, the prosecution will ask CS about this when he is on the stand. So far no one has corroborated the short breakup as far as I have seen in the media.

CS said that KA dated others during the breakup, so I am surprised no one has come forward to tell their story to the media. It may be because they don't want to be associated with this case, to be seen as connected to KA in any way. They may hold positions in the Austin community that wouldn't be good for them to come forward, and it could be that their employers don't want the notoriety. They they may have to testify at the trial, however, if they are subpoenaed.

And perhaps someone that KA dated during this short breakup had a significant other, and so would prefer not to come forward.

I don't think we'll learn more about this short breakup until the trial. If it is to their advantage, the prosecution will ask CS about this when he is on the stand. So far no one has corroborated the short breakup as far as I have seen in the media.

CS said that KA dated others during the breakup, so I am surprised no one has come forward to tell their story to the media. It may be because they don't want to be associated with this case, to be seen as connected to KA in any way. They may hold positions in the Austin community that wouldn't be good for them to come forward, and it could be that their employers don't want the notoriety. They they may have to testify at the trial, however, if they are subpoenaed.

And perhaps someone that KA dated during this short breakup had a significant other, and so would prefer not to come forward.
Or maybe there was no breakup and she dated no one else.

Just bringing this forward: If the above occurred, I hope KA’s fingernails left DNA, which would seal the case. But DO fingernails leave DNA when they scratch a victim? It’s too late now to check for MW’s DNA under KA’s nails.
I was wondering if the cuts on MW’s chin and finger could have been shrapnel like injuries from the broken tile (assuming the tile was broken by the gunshots) as broken tile was also mentioned by KXAN.

(KXAN news producers FB post said
NEW: Austin Police issue new search warrant for murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong. Detectives want DNA samples to compare DNA collected at the east Austin where Moriah Wilson was shot dead.
In the search warrant, detectives said Wilson suffered possibly multiple gunshot wounds to the head and possibly one to the chest. Detectives said there was broken tile, indicating she could’ve been shot after she hit the ground. She had a cut on her finger and her chin.

Last edited:

Agree. The person who was quoted in the Sun, while it's true KA may be a drama queen, doesn't sound like she's familiar either with allergies or the dimensions of being in a foreign country. 1. you never know exactly what you're eating, and Bali is not Europe. They could have gone to a nice, local, hole in the wall. 2. if you get a sudden allergic reaction, you have no idea how it's gonna go down, especially if you just ate "foreign" food. Some people, too, have extreme allergies. 3. Trying to do a yoga retreat while experiencing an unexpected rash would be very difficult.
I sense that KA is not a "centered" person, and this may have added to scaredness in the moment.

I think I would give KA some leeway on this episode....

I was wondering if the cuts on MW’s chin and finger could have been shrapnel like injuries from the broken tile (assuming the tile was broken by the gunshots) as broken tile was also mentioned by KXAN.

(KXAN news producers FB post said
NEW: Austin Police issue new search warrant for murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong. Detectives want DNA samples to compare DNA collected at the east Austin where Moriah Wilson was shot dead.
In the search warrant, detectives said Wilson suffered possibly multiple gunshot wounds to the head and possibly one to the chest. Detectives said there was broken tile, indicating she could’ve been shot after she hit the ground. She had a cut on her finger and her chin.
That may be it, yes.

Yes, the headline was quite misleading.

And I totally agree with you, an allergic reaction to food could be very dangerous to someone who is prone to have a food allergy. She might have had a dangerous reaction to a food item in the past and was terrified it could happen again. My brother is allergic to a few foods, and he is very careful about what he eats when he goes to parties, restaurants, etc. because he has ended up in an ambulance and gone to emergency a couple of times with his throat closely up quickly, once after eating something with cinnamon in it.

Love triangle 'killer' had 'panic attack & caused scene at yoga retreat'

First time poster soo hoping this turns out ok but this case has fascinated me…and this popped up this am with lots of pics of KA from a retreat in Bali a few years back! And a meltdown.
Thx
KA looks very different in those Bali photos than she looked in photos that were on the wanted poster or maybe things she posted herself (that were likely photo-shopped). So, she was chameleon-like BEFORE Costa Rica. Per The Behavior Panel (e.g. in discussing Jodi Arias), this reflects some pathology. Also, KA might have had some work done on her face previous to CR. I'm noticing teeth; maybe she had her chin shortened already; and the changing colors of her skin has me wondering.

KA’s dad said in an interview that CS had many lovers. He could have just been saying that, but why would he if it weren’t true?

I thought he was implying that if CS was a cheater and it is likely that here are other women with whom he was involved, and so who knows if it was one of them who killed MW (my paraphrase).

He just couldn't fathom that KA would be the killer, and so was trying to make sense of it and come up with a possible scenario of what might have happened. It is understandable, he was probably in shock and trying to make sense of it given the daughter he knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee