TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking it was a fatal flaw #2 for KA to go to Costa Rica since, as the presser references more than once, USA and Costa Rica have such a great relationship working together to apprehend criminals.

Likely it was chosen because it's so easy to get into and settle in as an American.

Fatal flaw # 1 was using her sister's passport. Am I right on that? Was it her sister's passport?

There was a Grand Jury indictment of KA on 6/10/22.

Register of Actions

odysseyweb.traviscountytx.gov
odysseyweb.traviscountytx.gov

And this article states she was indicted.​

What charges does Armstrong face?​

On June 10, a Travis County grand jury indicted Armstrong for murder, which carries a prison sentence of five years to 99 years or life.

331st Grand Jury only meets once in July so I'm overjoyed this indictment was handed down in June! News made my day -- thanks again @steeltowngirl.

1657376852719.png

Thinking it was a fatal flaw #2 for KA to go to Costa Rica since, as the presser references more than once, USA and Costa Rica have such a great relationship working together to apprehend criminals.

Likely it was chosen because it's so easy to get into and settle in as an American.

Fatal flaw # 1 was using her sister's passport. Am I right on that? Was it her sister's passport?
US Marshals won’t confirm the sister’s passport—but everything points to it, and it was confirmed on Inside Edition, if that’s to be trusted.

“Hey! Sooo I would like to talk to you at some point. I had originally texted you on Friday but appears my texts aren’t going through again. This weekend was strange for me and I just want to know what’s going on. If you just want to be friends (seems to be the case) then that’s cool, but I’d like to talk about it cause honestly my mind has been going circles and I don’t know what to think.”

The next day Strickland wrote, “Hey Mo- I feel very sh*tty for putting you in a position where you don’t feel comfortable. Kaitlin came along the go to a meeting about the sprinter/spartan hotel project. In hindsight, this was not a good idea.”
^^rsbbm

Admittedly, the words "hotel project" have always thrown me off here. Does anybody have a definitive answer as to what the "sprinter/spartan hotel project" refers to?

I first assumed this was Spartan as in the obstacle races. But the "hotel" reference had me wondering about Spartan vintage trailers. If the vintage trailer, KA attending the event would not be unusual considering CS/KA formed an LLC for the vintage trailer restoration business in late Oct 2021.

Anybody? Thanks.

Don’t forget this part of her -planning-
Just pure jealous EVIL
Not a crime of passion!

Neighbor, David Harris, 47, said said he did not hear any gunfire on the night of the murder.
‘I think I would have heard gunshots next door if she was using a 9mm so the shooter must have used a suppressor,’ he told the US Sun.
Maybe a poster is correct ^^^^^ in saying that the shots transpired in the bathroom. This would have insulated sound quite a bit, and might explain why the neighbor didn't hear anything.

This [cuts on MW’s chin and finger listed by Garcia, KXAN NEWS, in new dna warrant]may have occurred if Mo ran to the bathroom and was trying to lock herself in, and KA was pulling her out.
Just bringing this forward: If the above occurred, I hope KA’s fingernails left DNA, which would seal the case. But DO fingernails leave DNA when they scratch a victim? It’s too late now to check for MW’s DNA under KA’s nails.

Of course. And in addition, I don’t think they would have met privately for swimming and eating on May 11 either, if it was a professional friendship only— they would have met in a group, perhaps even with KA invited as CS’s live-in girlfriend.
This exactly. He was in a committed relationship with KA. I don’t care if he says his relationship with Mo was platonic or not, or if KA was a raging jealous woman, he crossed a boundary and lied to cover up. He knew he was doing something that would be very hurtful to KA, and he just didn’t care.

This exactly. He was in a committed relationship with KA. I don’t care if he says his relationship with Mo was platonic or not, or if KA was a raging jealous woman, he crossed a boundary and lied to cover up. He knew he was doing something that would be very hurtful to KA, and he just didn’t care.
And I think he just didn’t care because he was romantically invested in Moriah.

And I think he just didn’t care because he was romantically invested in Moriah.
Agree! But even if their relationship had truly grown platonic, and he was just helping Mo train or get sponsors, he should have never hid the time he spent with Mo from KA. That creates untrust which already seemed to be a problem in their relationship. I would recommend he read the book “Not “Just Friends”” by Shirley Glass in the future so he can understand proper boundaries.

Lying about and hiding communications from MW indicate that he did care, he was trying to keep both relationships going at once. Also, he didn't have to get back with KA after he had a fling with MW, he chose to.

Agree! But even if their relationship had truly grown platonic, and he was just helping Mo train or get sponsors, he should have never hid the time he spent with Mo from KA. That creates untrust which already seemed to be a problem in their relationship. I would recommend he read the book “Not “Just Friends”” by Shirley Glass in the future so he can understand proper boundaries.
Yes, definitely.

I agree, but he didn't care enough about either KA or MW to be truthful.
He just cared about himself unfortunately. He hurt KA, Mo is dead, and he’s hurt countless other people - family and friends. Even the poor friend who had to find Mo laying in a pool of blood on her bathroom floor. That will stay with her throughout her life. And Mo’s family —- ugh so hard to even fathom their pain.

Based on how MW’s text was written, CS’s descriptions of their relationship, and MW’s family’s assertion that MW was not in a relationship, I suspect that what MW and CS had was a “friends with benefits” arrangement that was set-up and clearly understood by CS but was confusing for MW (especially when she saw that CS was still with KA). MOO, based on having found myself in a similar situation when I was young and naive.

I believe that CS was saying that he and MW had were “in a relationship” when he and KA were on a break but, once he and KA reconciled, that’s when his and MW’s relationship became professional.

KA would clearly harbor ill feelings about CS being in a relationship with MW during their break, even if the relationship was now platonic, so I don’t think they would be inviting her if they were to meet up just to chat. :p

All MOO.
Has anyone in this thread seen any corroboration from any source of the short breakup CS says he & KA had in the fall of 2021? If not, perhaps there was no breakup. Maybe he's just a cheater. I haven't seen proof that KA was dating others, as CS said, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher