TX - Mother sues daycare after employee caught on camera slapping and smothering toddler - July 9, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score
Well, just WTH? Why?
Was Alexis's child the only one who was allegedly harmed? (I'm guessing, no, he wasn't the only one.) Again, WTH?
Certainly, we don't know the whole story, but if I'm not mistaken, apparently the place did have some cameras.
Hoping he wasn't harmed permanently -- physically or mentally.
Are ratings given for day care places in Texas? Who does do the ratings, and are they published? If ratings are given, then I'd like to see what a rating would be for this place.
And if the apparent abuse could be proved/shown, then that person(s) and the day care place could be in Big Trouble. JMO. Grrrrr.

I can't imagine being a parent, paying the high cost of daycare and entrusting your child's care to someone else.....and then seeing that paid caregiver doing THIS on camera. I would be livid!!

According to the article, the dad happened to see this on live-camera feed while he was at work- he then left work and went to the daycare to report it, the daycare worker was suspended for just a day and the daycare did not report the incident to police as required by law.

Those poor parents. I doubt this was the only child being mistreated- thank goodness dad happened to see this

After Dominguez’s husband witnessed the actions of the staff member, he immediately left work and reported what he saw to the daycare. The lawsuit says Children’s Courtyard did not file a local or state police report as required by state law, and only suspended the employee for one day before allowing her to return to work.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/austin/article/children-courtyard-austin-daycare-19561121.php

um, excuse me??

“Department of Family and Protective Services found violations, which means the daycare center broke the law as it related to this child’s care.”

RUSSELL BUTTON, DAYCARE INJURY ATTORNEY
Those citations included physical abuse of a child, using prohibited punishment, allowing a caregiver who posed a risk to a child’s safety to remain with children for additional time and failing to report the incident.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aus...-care-center-says-child-abuse-seen-on-camera/

The day care, which operates multiple locations in Texas and several other states, has faced other controversial incidents.

Another recent lawsuit claims a 3-year-old suffered a febrile seizure in 2022 after the location in New Braunfels "failed to properly monitor her child's health and neglected to inform her about his deteriorating condition."

In 2017, two employees were fired from The Children's Courtyard in North Texas after two employees were caught on camera throwing a toddler to the ground.
Austin mother claims popular day care smothered, slapped her toddler on live video

Well, just WTH? Why?
Was Alexis's child the only one who was allegedly harmed? (I'm guessing, no, he wasn't the only one.) Again, WTH?
Certainly, we don't know the whole story, but if I'm not mistaken, apparently the place did have some cameras.
Hoping he wasn't harmed permanently -- physically or mentally.
Are ratings given for day care places in Texas? Who does do the ratings, and are they published? If ratings are given, then I'd like to see what a rating would be for this place.
And if the apparent abuse could be proved/shown, then that person(s) and the day care place could be in Big Trouble. JMO. Grrrrr.
First, it's clearly abuse and appalling.

But....did the worker think that covering and hitting a child would stop the crying?!? That doesn't even make sense.

This person had absolutely no place anywhere near children, let alone to have employment taking care of them all day.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli