TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking. I do not want to convey I think less of any person and I understand the sentiment behind all of the "matters" movements but why can't we find a "matters" hashtag that is all encompassing and fight for it. Would it not make people pay attention? I guess that inner Pollyanna is coming through again so before anyone says anything, please know I am saying this with a compassionate heart that really wants everyone to feel heard, cared about and ultimately to feel and be safe.

This is somethingthat explains it well to me

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/current/nation/problem-saying-all-lives-matter

I have never understood this angle to this tradegy. This discussion about if the robot was the right thing to do? Its not like they went right to it. IMO it was brillant idea - noone in danger etc

. There would not be any discussion if they shot him - this peice is doing it like we need to discuss this. It ended it . Good.

A good idea in this story --use the robot to deleiver knock out gas - great, but that is for the future - on the spot they ended it moo

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live

My guess it seem like a too great of an opportunity for him to pass.

OR, the events earlier in the week speeded his plan up. I just watched , in full, the taillight murder, and it is horrid. It is not ok. After seeing all of it I understand why the BLM went into high gear.

You can see the cop in the other one pulling the guys gun out of his pocket after killing him. Obviouly the guy already had made a decison to do something like this, and he just IMO could not control himself and proceeded earlier than planned

moo

Investigators believe former Army reservist Micah Johnson was planning a much larger attack than the deadly armed assault he carried out in downtown Dallas on Thursday.
They think he moved up his plans for an attack, using the protest rally over controversial police shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana as a target of opportunity.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/officials-ambush-suspect-was-planning-larger-attack/268432422

From your link

That now appears to be because Johnson was employing a tactic of “shoot and scoot.” He’d fire off rounds and then move to another location, making it appear there was more than one shooter.
Investigators believe it’s possible that he was using the vehicle to move from one location to another during the gun battle.

I have never understood this angle to this tradegy. This discussion about if the robot was the right thing to do? Its not like they went right to it. IMO it was brillant idea - noone in danger etc

. There would not be any discussion if they shot him - this peice is doing it like we need to discuss this. It ended it . Good.

A good idea in this story --use the robot to deleiver knock out gas - great, but that is for the future - on the spot they ended it moo

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live

I see a couple of flaws with using some type of knock out gas. One, he was in a pretty open environment so it would be difficult to control how much he would actually inhale; it might just be enough to agitate him. Two, if he was high on meth (not saying he was) would the gas compromise him?

A bit O/T - another Ofc Inv Shooting, this in Houston TX.

"...they asked the man to put the revolver down. Police say a witness also asked him to drop the weapon. Officers say instead of dropping the gun, the man raised his weapon pointing it in the air. He then lowered it and pointed it at the two officers
...."
"Police says the officers involved were wearing body cameras and they each fired multiple shots." bbm
Story at: http://abc13.com/news/hpd-officers-shot-killed-gunman-on-houstons-south-side/1420144/ July 9

{{ETA: I just started thread in Up to the Minute.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?312217-TX-Houston-PD-Offic-shot-killed-gun-wielding-man-Alva-Braziel-July-2016. }}}

I love the coffee and cops! Meanwhile, in New Orleans, we have cops and beer! LOL

Horses, Hops and Cops-
https://www.facebook.com/events/921633217907205/

My very good friend is mounted patrol in New Orleans. The NOPD has such a hard job. And they are some of the most genuine and funny humans I have ever met! I guess you have to be with what they deal with. I wish people would realize that behind that badge is the guy that you play baseball with or go to the dads club with. Normal dudes (and gals, of course!).

Okay, thinking again, not sure it is a good thing, but I cannot seem to stop. I am worried all of the "matter" groups inadvertently promote division. We are all fighting to be equal in America. (I know there are other issues outside of American's but for the sake of this topic, I am only focusing on America.) Wouldn't something like "All Americans Matter" be more appropriate for unity?

Okay, thinking again, not sure it is a good thing, but I cannot seem to stop. I am worried all of the "matter" groups inadvertently promote division. We are all fighting to be equal in America. (I know there are other issues outside of American's but for the sake of this topic, I am only focusing on America.) Wouldn't something like "All Americans Matter" be more appropriate for unity?

I think that it would be good for Americans to admit there is a problem. I saw a great short video asking for everyone in the audience to stand up who would be willing to be treated like a POC in America. Funny, but no one stood up.

You know, I think about this a lot. It seems like so many groups of people have fear for their lives and safety, yet there is division in the message. Black males (especially) are fearful of police, police are fearful of cops haters, the citizens of New Orleans are fearful of the rampant and extremely violent crime, a school child is fearful of the bully, the list goes on------ why is it that people can understand the fear in one but do not respect the fear in the other aspects. The message for all of us is that WE ALL MATTER!!! We do. We all matter. I matter! You cannot say that one group is more rightfully scared than another. A person should not be SO angry about one life taken and then disregard another one so easily. A person being asked for his license, a police who is on the job, a girl having fun on the town with her friends, a child trying to get an education---- we should all have an expectation of safety from violence. We all matter. It is time for people to stop dividing and start respecting each other! It all comes down to respect. Respect someone else's differences. Respect their person. Respect their property. Don't take what's not yours. Don't speak to someone with hatred. It doesn't seem that hard. I am not violent or disrespectful to a single person every single day. It's really not hard. Enough is enough.

I hope this doesn't sound awful, but IF there was a person there I am sad they got away, because I feel no relief at knowing someone wanting to harm our police are out there roaming, lying in wait. Was going to go to the movies tonight, but may just order in!!

Unfortunately, there are always more. I think it was Dr Phil who said "for every rat you see, there's 100 more you don't see"...

We all need to be cautious everywhere these days.

I've been researching prolific serial/spree/mass killers and sexual predators for about a decade, and in virtually every case since the 1980s, meth is the common denominator, involved either directly or indirectly. Meth creates psychopathic personalities, imo.. As in this case, domestic terrorist MJ, lacked fear, possessed a total deficit of empathy, and a complete disregard for others while carrying out his deviant acts. We will likely find that he had been tweeking on meth for days prior to the brazen kamakaze like attack, imo.

Japanese Kamikaze pilots were given high doses of methamphetamine before carrying out their suicide missions during WWII.

HISTORY OF METHAMPHETAMINE
http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/crystalmeth/history-of-methamphetamine.html

Vanderbilt University researchers found that psychopaths are wired differently. They crave rewards, no matter the cost.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/blame-the-brain-psychopaths-are-wired-differently/

The general public in this country has NO IDEA how bad the meth problem is.

You know, I think about this a lot. It seems like so many groups of people have fear for their lives and safety, yet there is division in the message. Black males (especially) are fearful of police, police are fearful of cops haters, the citizens of New Orleans are fearful of the rampant and extremely violent crime, a school child is fearful of the bully, the list goes on------ why is it that people can understand the fear in one but do not respect the fear in the other aspects. The message for all of us is that WE ALL MATTER!!! We do. We all matter. I matter! You cannot say that one group is more rightfully scared than another. A person should not be SO angry about one life taken and then disregard another one so easily. A person being asked for his license, a police who is on the job, a girl having fun on the town with her friends, a child trying to get an education---- we should all have an expectation of safety from violence. We all matter. It is time for people to stop dividing and start respecting each other! It all comes down to respect. Respect someone else's differences. Respect their person. Respect their property. Don't take what's not yours. Don't speak to someone with hatred. It doesn't seem that hard. I am not violent or disrespectful to a single person every single day. It's really not hard. Enough is enough.

To me it is not dividing to admit that POC in America are treated differently.

If you meet an abused woman, do you tell her that all people should be treated well? Of course we should, but she has a special situation and that should be acknowledged. It takes nothing from anyone to admit that there is a problem that someone else may not have. You don't tell her to buck up as everyone has issues. I feel respect is paid when people acknowledge that there are issues and we need to work on them.

If you meet an abused woman, do you tell her that all people should be treated well? Of course we should, but she has a special situation and that should be acknowledged. It takes nothing from anyone to admit that there is a problem that someone else may not have. You don't tell her to buck up as everyone has issues. I feel respect is paid when people acknowledge that there are issues and we need to work on them.

rbbm

Respect is something earned. IMO

rbbm

Respect is something earned. IMO

I think we can give respect because someone is a human being. They do not have to live up to my expectations. I hate opera music but that does not mean that I cannot respect the singers and the composers.

Is that what you got from my post? Telling people to "buck up, we all have problems"? That is completely and totally incorrect and not at all what my message was. As a matter of fact, it probably couldn't be further from my point.

Let me try to explain again. My point is not to diminish that any group should "buck up". Quite the opposite. My message is that all "groups" should recognize and be empathetic to the difficulties that other groups face. I'm not saying black lives matter shouldn't exist. Or blue lives matter. or neighborhood watch, night out against crime, report a bully, whatever!!!!!! They all have a reason and are instrumental for change and awareness. But, in the end, we should have also have a show of solidarity. A show of acknowledgement that injustices do exist. And a solution! A solution that I want to be treated better and, as such, I also vow to treat others better. I think until we come up with a way to not only spotlight the problems, but also highlight ways we can all be part of the solution, that the divides will just be divides.

Even Snoop Dog agrees!!! lol
http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/07/08...game-dallas-police-shooting-peaceful-protest/

“This is a city that can be one, that was one, and that can get back to being one. We all have children who we love, families who we love, and we need to take responsibility as a human race and accept the role as peace-givers and people who distribute love and change throughout this city,” The Game said during the conference.

Is that what you got from my post? Telling people to "buck up, we all have problems"? That is completely and totally incorrect and not at all what my message was. As a matter of fact, it probably couldn't be further from my point.

Let me try to explain again. My point is not to diminish that any group should "buck up". Quite the opposite. My message is that all "groups" should recognize and be empathetic to the difficulties that other groups face. I'm not saying black lives matter shouldn't exist. Or blue lives matter. or neighborhood watch, night out against crime, report a bully, whatever!!!!!! They all have a reason and are instrumental for change and awareness. But, in the end, we should have also have a show of solidarity. A show of acknowledgement that injustices do exist. And a solution! A solution that I want to be treated better and, as such, I also vow to treat others better. I think until we come up with a way to not only spotlight the problems, but also highlight ways we can all be part of the solution, that the divides will just be divides.

Even Snoop Dog agrees!!! lol
http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/07/08...game-dallas-police-shooting-peaceful-protest/

“This is a city that can be one, that was one, and that can get back to being one. We all have children who we love, families who we love, and we need to take responsibility as a human race and accept the role as peace-givers and people who distribute love and change throughout this city,” The Game said during the conference.

I think that the acknowledgement that there are injustices is the answer.

I taught school and when kids were not getting along, I had them tell each other what they were feeling and why.

I think almost 100% of the time, they became totally settled down when they got to express themselves. They did not even care about the solution. The problems were forgotten. They simply wanted to be heard.

I think that people saying ( not you) that these problems do not exist are putting the fuel on the fire.

If people would simply say they understand and let them speak, it would go a long ways towards coming up with positive solutions. To be dsimissive is so destructive.

Throwing bricks and rocks at police during a "peaceful" protest is a sure way to lose support from lots of people. Police officers being shot during protests doesn't make people want to listen to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801