TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very good post Pepper. Thank you. And we are all guilty of it to some degree. Some are guilty to extreme. Is this how it will end though? Hate wins? I truly hope not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And we are supposed to be happy with all of this killing?

I beg your pardon? Did you read the article? "All of this killing" should be worded as "all of these criminals trying to kill cops and ending up dead themselves instead?" Their being killed is the direct consequence of their own criminal actions. My God...

My family was still in Europe when slaves were brought to America, but because I am white I have been called "Whitey" "cracker" etc.

My mother was brutally mugged in Park Chester coming out of her bank she managed. Thrown to the ground and beat about the face by 5 black men. They called her a white *****. White c%nt and white scum. Because
She was white. the ring leader told police they were looking for a white ***** to eff up. Oh, and it wasn't a "hate" crime. Smdh. But I'm not running around with a giant agenda against young Black men. (Although I let fear rule me for a long time).

Sometimes I feel that all of the anger emanating from the movement is directed at White people in general. I read the hash tags. I listen with my ears and see with my eyes. So many that say they want change, just want revenge. Revenge for something that I wasn't a part of. and I don't know why.

But this ^^^ isn't productive either. We all constantly have out own wounds to lick. That's why the #Huntusnottoday , #Hateusnottoday movement is exciting to me. We all need to put it aside and face to face look at each other and realise that ANGER only breeds MORE ANGER. On all sides.

Give your mom a hug from a stranger xx

Ty. 😘. Thankfully this happened 18 years ago. Mom is a tough cookie. Sadly she has some very strong feelings whenever she sees a group of more than 2 AA men on a street. She hasn't passed her fears on to me or her grandchildren. Although she does squeeze hands a little tighter when out and about.

I just wanted to illustrate that hate and discrimination knows no bounds. Hate hates all of us.

That awesome video should be re posted at the top of every single page in this thread! Along with the link to the following article:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

I seriously doubt anyone here believes all cops all bad.

The core issue here, at this point of time in our history, is that the cell phone video proof that at some locations, in some incidents, some unarmed black individuals that have done nothing threatening to a cop have ended up 6 feet under by a cops bullet.

Bad stuff happens. At this point in time the issue is watching these cops serve no time. THAT is the reason for the atrocity this week in Dallas.

The focus needs to switch too, IMO, if, like any other citizen, who is filmed during a murder, is imprisoned - not given a desk job with full benefits.

THAT is what this has become about mooo

Anyone who believes that ones vocation prohibits them from being incarcaracted, after murder, has IMO, some serious things to think about.

All lthe hoopla always given regarding "they ran right into the scene". That is their job. That is what we are paying them to do. That is what they elected to do for a loving. They are not forced to run into a scene. It is their job.

Imagine headlines like:

"Hero Doctor Performs Surgery"

"7-11 Clerk Rings Up Items"

"Car Mechanic Replaces Battery"

"Dentist Replaces A Tooth"

"Hair Stylist Dyes Hair"

Their choice. No one else is a "hero" when doing what they are being paid to do. Do they do great things. Sure. So do many other vocations, people doing their jobs. And a paycheck.

Anyone doing their job is not hero - they are remaining employed for the paycheck.

moo

Bolding not me!

Heros:

Fisherman Gernot Quaschny rescues a deer from the floods near Schoenhausen, Germany, on June 12, 2013. Due to a broken dike on the Elbe River, several villages in the area were flooded.

A man rescues a woman from her car on a flooded road in the Athens suburb of Chalandri – 2013

Two teenage boys are being hailed as heroes after they chased a car carrying a kidnapped girl — on their bicycles.

Injured cyclist praises passers-by who lifted car off her after she was run over.

https://kindnessblog.com/2014/01/14/25-examples-of-real-life-superheroes-that-rescued-others/

Imo it boils down to something said a long time ago... "All men are created equal." However, I think the real problem is, that in this day and age, it has come to be that almost anything a person can say will be most positively misconstrued and complained about by others. Here... we would have people point fingers and shout labels such as "Misogyny! All MEN? Only men? Not WOMEN?" I think it has become almost the norm among many to jump to conclusions without really studying a situation or the real meaning of another's words and then refuse to change their minds in the face of eventual facts (either way; either "side.") Example would be... the immediate condemnation (by some) towards the police who killed the 2 black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A review of the deaths is taking place and there may be legal action, if warranted, but the condemnation began just seconds after the deaths of those 2 men. No "innocent until proven guilty" for those who MAY have felt compelled to shoot to protect themselves. No, the police are automatically guilty to some people.... and they will NEVER change their minds no matter what they read or hear if they don't want to read or hear it and if it better suits their own agendas to continue to think as they concluded immediately. Personally, I have to study a situation longer than a few seconds before I can know what I can believe. I can't assume or compare to any other case. I have to face each incident that happens completely on it's own merits. At the same time, when I hear "All men are created equal" I can accept that this was written a long time ago and the value of the statement includes all people in this day and age. I don't have to go off on a long harangue about "fat-pig white men and their hate for women." I don't know when or why, it seems to me, many people around the world have become people who immediately react instead of observing, learning, listening and coming to well-thought-out conclusions before shouting out what they decide the moment they hear a "news" announcement. Have we become so used to hate that we LIKE to feed our hate every day... steady diet of more hate? Even our own president reacts this way imo. It is not a good way to think imo. Innocent people die because of this way of thinking as they did just a few days ago... and here I sit waiting to read about more deaths any time now.... Imo, even the news agencies are playing with fire and I am personally very heart-sick about it.
Excellent post.

To me it is not dividing to admit that POC in America are treated differently.

If you meet an abused woman, do you tell her that all people should be treated well? Of course we should, but she has a special situation and that should be acknowledged. It takes nothing from anyone to admit that there is a problem that someone else may not have. You don't tell her to buck up as everyone has issues. I feel respect is paid when people acknowledge that there are issues and we need to work on them.

This is very true... and to use your example of an abused woman.... Imo, the change needs to begin with the woman. She needs to recognize she has problems and avail herself of what is available to change her problems. She is abused and I can acknowledge that and I can treat her as kindly and understandingly as I surely would at all times. However, if she slaps my face and demands that I understand and change myself... if she goes out and kills men she doesn't know in a way to draw attention to her problems... all bets of winning my kind understanding are off.
There are many ways this abused woman can improve herself and her situation to earn respect but violence towards other people will NEVER be one of those ways. At the same time, shouting, accusing entire populations rather than the one or two, interrupting others who are speaking, blocking traffic, demanding respect while throwing rocks, bricks, bottles, destroying private property... I'm sorry but this just doesn't work at all effectively for any positive changes. I think of it... listening with respect to someone who is blocking my car on a road and shouting at me and frightening me... sorry, not gonna happen that I end up respecting that person.
Btw... I was there and that is what I did... changed myself for myself but especially for my children... and one thing is the same as the other because kids who feel safe and know Mom is safe feel relaxed and happy. But, I did it and demanded nothing from anybody. Removing myself from the situation and getting help. Lots of work... rewards are worth it. I understand the frustrating feelings of helplessness, fear and feeling frozen into a bad situation... channel those feelings into wanting change (knowing you HAVE to change or you will go mad) ....and thinking about how to change and then do it and you will receive respect and admiration. Peaceful methods DO work.

The core issue here, at this point of time in our history, is that the cell phone video proof that at some locations, in some incidents, some unarmed black individuals that have done nothing threatening to a cop have ended up 6 feet under by a cops bullet.

Bad stuff happens. At this point in time the issue is watching these cops serve no time. THAT is the reason for the atrocity this week in Dallas.

The focus needs to switch too, IMO, if, like any other citizen, who is filmed during a murder, is imprisoned - not given a desk job with full benefits.

Anyone who believes that ones vocation prohibits them from being incarcaracted, after murder, has IMO, some serious things to think about.

All lthe hoopla always given regarding "they ran right into the scene". That is their job. That is what we are paying them to do. That is what they elected to do for a loving. They are not forced to run into a scene. It is their job.

Imagine headlines like:

"Hair Stylist Dyes Hair"

Their choice. No one else is a "hero" when doing what they are being paid to do. Do they do great things. Sure. So do many other vocations, people doing their jobs. And a paycheck.

Anyone doing their job is not hero - they are remaining employed for the paycheck.

moo

Bolding not me!

Heros:

Fisherman Gernot Quaschny rescues a deer from the floods near Schoenhausen, Germany, on June 12, 2013. Due to a broken dike on the Elbe River, several villages in the area were flooded.

A man rescues a woman from her car on a flooded road in the Athens suburb of Chalandri – 2013

Two teenage boys are being hailed as heroes after they chased a car carrying a kidnapped girl — on their bicycles.

Injured cyclist praises passers-by who lifted car off her after she was run over.

https://kindnessblog.com/2014/01/14/25-examples-of-real-life-superheroes-that-rescued-others/

Hi CARIIS,

Drs, clerks ,store mechanics, dentists and hairstylists dont have jobs that put them in the path of danger just for clocking in. Sorry.

I won't be annoying because I kind of get what your saying. It's just that I see cops as HUGE hero's just for going to work with a premise that they may not come home alive. Similar to our soldiers.

Other countries do not have an armed population that can and does fire upon the police. As long as a cop has to fear for his life every single time he makes a traffic stop then the cops are going to be something of a mirror of our population. I'm not going to go into the gun control issue as I truly do not know the answer but comparing our officers with other countries without adding in that factor is not fair to the police. Just in the last few days, I would wager none of the police in Europe have been so assailed...so our cops are supposed to be like them but the people they police dont?

My family was still in Europe when slaves were brought to America, but because I am white I have been called "Whitey" "cracker" etc.

My mother was brutally mugged in Park Chester coming out of her bank she managed. Thrown to the ground and beat about the face by 5 black men. They called her a white *****. White c%nt and white scum. Because
She was white. the ring leader told police they were looking for a white ***** to eff up. Oh, and it wasn't a "hate" crime. Smdh. But I'm not running around with a giant agenda against young Black men. (Although I let fear rule me for a long time).

Sometimes I feel that all of the anger emanating from the movement is directed at White people in general. I read the hash tags. I listen with my ears and see with my eyes. So many that say they want change, just want revenge. Revenge for something that I wasn't a part of. and I don't know why.

But this ^^^ isn't productive either. We all constantly have out own wounds to lick. That's why the #Huntusnottoday , #Hateusnottoday movement is exciting to me. We all need to put it aside and face to face look at each other and realise that ANGER only breeds MORE ANGER. On all sides.

Imo it boils down to something said a long time ago... "All men are created equal." However, I think the real problem is, that in this day and age, it has come to be that almost anything a person can say will be most positively misconstrued and complained about by others. Here... we would have people point fingers and shout labels such as "Misogyny! All MEN? Only men? Not WOMEN?" I think it has become almost the norm among many to jump to conclusions without really studying a situation or the real meaning of another's words and then refuse to change their minds in the face of eventual facts (either way; either "side.") Example would be... the immediate condemnation (by some) towards the police who killed the 2 black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A review of the deaths is taking place and there may be legal action, if warranted, but the condemnation began just seconds after the deaths of those 2 men. No "innocent until proven guilty" for those who MAY have felt compelled to shoot to protect themselves. No, the police are automatically guilty to some people.... and they will NEVER change their minds no matter what they read or hear if they don't want to read or hear it and if it better suits their own agendas to continue to think as they concluded immediately. Personally, I have to study a situation longer than a few seconds before I can know what I can believe. I can't assume or compare to any other case. I have to face each incident that happens completely on it's own merits. At the same time, when I hear "All men are created equal" I can accept that this was written a long time ago and the value of the statement includes all people in this day and age. I don't have to go off on a long harangue about "fat-pig white men and their hate for women." I don't know when or why, it seems to me, many people around the world have become people who immediately react instead of observing, learning, listening and coming to well-thought-out conclusions before shouting out what they decide the moment they hear a "news" announcement. Have we become so used to hate that we LIKE to feed our hate every day... steady diet of more hate? Even our own president reacts this way imo. It is not a good way to think imo. Innocent people die because of this way of thinking as they did just a few days ago... and here I sit waiting to read about more deaths any time now.... Imo, even the news agencies are playing with fire and I am personally very heart-sick about it.

They rarely are found guilty of anything - thats the problem moo

Having been a gun owner for over thirty years and not wanting to get into a gun debate, I will elaborate.

Guns to give people a sense of bravado, take my much more younger years. I was alone walking home on lake street from a store late at night say 1:30 am, someone was running up behind me and then would stop when I turned around quickly, this happened a couple of more times when I continued walking, on about the third time I turned around and had my Clint Eastwood moment, I pointed my revolver and said "Go Ahead and Make My Day" Needless to say this did not continue.

But yeah I was young and dumb at that time, I do have much more sense and do not open carry in a state where I am able to. So many of these events....HAPPEN because people start off confrontational especially with LE. Take the MN case, over sixty times being pulled over, yeah minor infractions, probably had not learned how to respond when being pulled over.

I was telling my son the other day on how to handle being pulled over and that starts with having your license ready to give to the officer, one has more than ample time to do this before the officer arrives at car. I would think PC would have been prepared for this with all of his incidents. But how many start out with "Why are you pulling me over" I use to, a little smarter now and do not get confrontational.

I have a right to live and want to live so yeah even if it came to me telling officer, With both hands in plain sight, I am more than happy to exit vehicle and be placed in handcuffs, while you search my vehicle if you like but what you are looking for is in my glove compartment. I guess my right to live outweighs any second amendment rights.

Other countries do not have an armed population that can and does fire upon the police. As long as a cop has to fear for his life every single time he makes a traffic stop then the cops are going to be something of a mirror of our population. I'm not going to go into the gun control issue as I truly do not know the answer but comparing our officers with other countries without adding in that factor is not fair to the police. Just in the last few days, I would wager none of the police in Europe have been so assailed...so our cops are supposed to be like them but the people they police dont?

Exactly. US has a highly armed populace. Not so much in Europe and many other countries.

Throwing bricks and rocks at police during a "peaceful" protest is a sure way to lose support from lots of people. Police officers being shot during protests doesn't make people want to listen to anything.

Seeing endless cell phone recordings of cops shooting people, to death, who are no threat, has the same sort of feeling IMO

Imagine headlines like:

"Hair Stylist Dyes Hair"

moo

Bolding not me!

Heros:

I wonder what makes some choose police work? I know where I lived, there were a lot of father son police families.

There are some that are adrenaline junkies like those that race cars or climb mountains. They are not happy unless they are living on the edge.

I think it takes courage to do a lot of the things they do for sure.

Everyday working day meeting up with the worst in people does not help for mental health.

Emergency doctors get lots of special treatment as well. Lots of attacks and injuries.

Teachers have special events as well. I met a woman from St. louis who had a broken leg from a student. She said teachers get their tires slashed regularly. But they want to work with their students and try to get them to have a better life.

Child protection workers where I lived last about two years.

A massage therapist I went to said that she only did a few a day because after each one she had to rid herself of the negative energy she absorbed.

So many people dealing with the screwed up lives of people.

So many issues and so little political will and money to deal with them. Better to incarcerate, especially in a private prison.

This is very true... and to use your example of an abused woman.... Imo, the change needs to begin with the woman. She needs to recognize she has problems and avail herself of what is available to change her problems. She is abused and I can acknowledge that and I can treat her as kindly and understandingly as I surely would at all times. However, if she slaps my face and demands that I understand and change myself... if she goes out and kills men she doesn't know in a way to draw attention to her problems... all bets of winning my kind understanding are off.
There are many ways this abused woman can improve herself and her situation to earn respect but violence towards other people will NEVER be one of those ways. At the same time, shouting, accusing entire populations rather than the one or two, interrupting others who are speaking, blocking traffic, demanding respect while throwing rocks, bricks, bottles, destroying private property... I'm sorry but this just doesn't work at all effectively for any positive changes. I think of it... listening with respect to someone who is blocking my car on a road and shouting at me and frightening me... sorry, not gonna happen that I end up respecting that person.
Btw... I was there and that is what I did... changed myself for myself but especially for my children... and one thing is the same as the other because kids who feel safe and know Mom is safe feel relaxed and happy. But, I did it and demanded nothing from anybody. Removing myself from the situation and getting help. Lots of work... rewards are worth it. I understand the frustrating feelings of helplessness, fear and feeling frozen into a bad situation... channel those feelings into wanting change (knowing you HAVE to change or you will go mad) ....and thinking about how to change and then do it and you will receive respect and admiration. Peaceful methods DO work.

That is why BLM has successfully marched across the globe so regualiily. Rarely have the BLM events resulted in violence. The ones that go off do so for one or two reasons. Someone in the community isnt there for the problem, just wanna act out, or the cops agitate.

Deescalating techniques do work moo

Using cell phone videos that start recording halfway into an incident only tells half of the story. Good for shaping a narrative though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member